17 - The Burrow

Your time at the Burrow was nothing but eventful. You had received your O.W.L.S and you had done perfectly and passed each one with flying colours. Mrs Weasley was so beyond proud of you but you couldn't say the same for Fred and George. They hadn't done as well which led to a large argument, Molly had told them she wanted them to work at the Ministry like their dad and Percy but that led to the boys telling her about their goal to open a joke shop which didn't go down well. Then Molly found order forms for Weasleys Wizard Wheezes, she was furious and burnt them all so the boys couldn't sell things at Hogwarts.

You had kept to your word and made the boys lay off Percy this summer although that didn't stop them when you weren't around. Thankfully Percy spent a lot of his time working so he wasn't around as much as they had hoped. Bill and Charlie had both come home to The Burrow for the summer so you tried your best to distract the twins with trying to prank them instead of Percy. You were currently sitting in Ginny's room writing to Sirius about your summer.

Dear Sirius,

Thank you for your letter, I am forever thankful that you're safe. Take good care of Buckbeak, he can be a little stubborn at times but he's a wonderful creature.

I am spending the summer with the Weasleys as you know and we're going to the Quidditch world cup! It hasn't been held in Britain for thirty years and Mr Weasley got us tickets from work. We're picking up Harry today and don't worry I won't let anything happen to him. He'll be safe with all of us, Fred and George treat him like a younger brother too so you know he's safe. After your last letter George was shaken up slightly, Fred was too but he still claims he isn't afraid of you and would happily meet you. Meanwhile Lee is in love with you.

I hope you're well dad. Stay safe for me. I love you too.

(y/n)

P.S. - I got my O.W.L.S back and I passed every single exam!

You sealed the letter shut and made your way downstairs to give it to Pig. Pig was the Weasley's new owl well, more of a tiny annoying creature. Upon entering the kitchen you saw Percy and Fred. "Good morning boys." You smiled at the two. Fred was playing around with some new joke shop idea whilst Percy was making himself some tea.

"Morning." Fred said without taking his eyes off what he was doing.

"Good morning (y/n), sleep well?" Percy questioned.

"Yeah I did thank you Perce, you?" You sweetly asked back causing Fred to roll his eyes.

"As well as you can get in this place around that thing." Percy pointed to Fred causing you to laugh.

"Dunno if you know perfect Percy but I can hear you." Fred said. You smiled at the boys and turned to let Pig out of his cage. He was downstairs for the time being so Ron could make room for Harry and so he could clean his room. Percy watched you about to give the owl the letter and then interjected.

"(y/n) you can always use Hermes if you'd like." Hermes was Percy's owl, he had been given him after becoming a prefect.

"Are you sure Percy? He's your owl."

"I know but you can use him." He called the owl over and gave him your letter.

"Thank you Perce." You smiled at the boy.

"How come you let her use use him but not us!" Fred glared at his brother.

"Because she's nice to me unlike you." Percy shot back as he gathered his tea and headed back to his room. "Now if you don't mind I need to finish my work."