28 - The Yule Ball

AN - This is the longest chapter so far, grab a snack if you want ladies and enjoy the Yule ball ;) Also thank you all so much for the love on this story. It means the world :)

---

You quickly left the common room and bolted down the stairs and out to the Quidditch pitch. The cold December air was attacking you with every step, maybe you should have brought Fred's jumper he'd given you. As you stepped closer to the pitch you couldn't see a soul. "Oliver?" You called out hoping you'd get a response. 

"You know, I was about to think that you weren't coming." A Scottish accent spoke from behind you. 

"Bloody git! You made me jump!" You playfully slapped the boy. 

"Oh what a warm welcome back." He held out his arms for a hug which you gladly fell into. 

"I missed you Ollie." You mumbled into his chest. 

"I missed you too (y/n/n), come on, let's talk."

"What do we have to talk about?"

"That man at the Quidditch world cup, worked out who he is yet?" 

"No, I don't think I'll ever know if I'm honest." 

"Did you write to Arthur?" 

"No, I think I'll write to Percy instead. The twins won't bat an eyelid if they see I've got a letter from him but, if they see I've got one from Arthur well, it wouldn't be a fun thing to witness. Besides, Percy is closer with the Mr Crouch and the minister so maybe he'll have a better insight into who it is."  

"That's a good plan, you always were the smart one out of us all." 

"I take after my dad in that department." You smiled at the boy as the two of you started to wander the pitch. 

"Percy told me about the ball. It's taking place next week isn't it?" 

"Yeah..." 

"Who's the lucky guy?" 

"What?" 

"Who's the lucky guy who's taking you to the ball?" 

"Oh... I'm going alone..." 

"WHAT?"

"WHAT!" A second voice was heard and you recognised it immediately. 

"DAD? What the hell are you doing here?" You yelled at your father as he stood in one of the lower stands. 

"Surprise!" Oliver tried to sound ecstatic. 

"How did you?" You turned your attention to Oliver as Sirius now climbed onto the pitch and started to walk towards you. 

"Quidditch isn't the only thing I'm good at you know." 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING ALONE?" Sirius asked as he now got closer to the two of you. 

"Hello to you too dad." 

"Hello my girl." He smiled sweetly and hugged you. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING ALONE?" His tone changed again. 

"I'm going alone, no one asked me." 

"WHAT?" The two asked in unsion. 

"Not even Fred?" Oliver asked. 

"He wanted to but he messed up and asked Angelina by mistake..." 

"HOW DO YOU ASK SOMEONE BY MISTAKE?" Sirius yelled. "MY DAUGHTER IS THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN THE SCHOOL, ARE ALL THE BOYS BLIND? DO THEY HAVE PROBLEMS-"