10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw

As you and Harry entered the common room everyone swarmed over to you in the hope to get a glimpse of the Firebolts. Harry and you handed out your brooms for the Gryffindors to admire. If you were honest you were surprised that Fred and George hadn't brought theirs down for everyone to look at. You smiled at everyone as you slipped through the crowd to find Hermione sat on her own.

"I've lost the passwords!" Nevile was pacing around the room whilst everyone gathered around the two Firebolts. After about ten minutes the crowd started to die down and you and Hermione got a clear view of Harry and Ron admiring the brooms. Both boys looked up and the two of them made their way over to you. Harry handed you your broom back which you gladly accepted.

"We got them back," Harry said as he smiled at Hermione.

"See Hermione? There wasn't anything wrong with them! " Ron spat.

"Well - there might have been!" She fired back. "I mean at least you know it's safe!"

"Yeah I suppose so, I better put it upstairs."

"Likewise."

"Harry I'll take yours! I've got to give Scabbers his rat tonic." Both you and Ron headed upstairs to put the Firebolts away as you entered the girl's dorm. You walked up to your bed but you stopped seeing a certain red-head laying on your bed.

"Bloody hell Fred what the hell are you doing up here?!" You yelled at the boy.

"Just came up here to see you."

"You see me every day." You rolled your eyes at the boy as you put your Firebolt away.

"I know." He smirked as he sat up. "I just wanted something."

"Which is?"

"Revenge." He smirked as he threw a pillow at you which hit you straight in the face.

"Oh, you're dead Weasley!" You grabbed the pillow he threw at you and hit him back. He snatched the pillow out of your hand and towered over you to throw the pillows repeatedly at you.

"Fred stop!" You laughed.

"Never!" He smiled. The two of you were in a heated pillow fight when a yell from the common room caught your attention. The two of you dropped the pillows and ran to the stairs.

"LOOK! LOOK!" Ron was yelling as he ran over to Harry and Hermione, you and Fred followed suit.

"Ron what? -"

"SCABBERS! LOOK, SCABBERS!" Looking at Ron you could see he was holding a sheet with red stains. "BLOOD!" Ron yelled causing the whole common room to go silent.

"GONE! AND YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ON THE FLOOR?"

"N-no." Hermione choked out.

Ron threw down something on one of Hermione's books, there laying in front of you all were several long, ginger cat hairs. Harry started to side with Ron which started to set Hermione off.

"Ok. Side with Ron. I knew you would! First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's my fault, isn't it! Just leave me alone Harry, I've got a lot of work to do!" She yelled. You and Fred gave each other an uneasy look before Fred stepped in.

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was." Said Fred bracingly before speaking up again. "And he's been an off-colour now for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly. One swallow - he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" You and Ginny yelled at the boy together. You hit his shoulder lightly.

"What?" He leant down and whispered in your ear.