40 - A new Keeper

Just as Fred said he would, the red-head tended to your wound that morning. You were sat having breakfast with the boys whilst Fred was dropping ointment on your hand. "You know Fred, you could just ditch Hogwarts and go into being a nurse." You smiled at the boy as you watched him start to rub the ointment in. 

"I think we both know me being a nurse wouldn't end well," Fred said as he started to wrap a small bandage over the top of your left hand. 

"Thank you, Fred." 

"Anything for my damsel in distress." He leaned down lightly to smirk at you. You said nothing but rolled your eyes at his words and started to eat. "When are you gonna tell McGonagall?" 

"We have transfiguration today, I'll speak to her after class." Fred nodded and started to eat too. The four of you ate in silence until the Golden Trio came striding over to the table. Ron took a seat opposite you, Harry sat down next to Lee who was sat to the right of you whereas Hermione sat opposite Fred. 

"(y/n), I forgot to tell you ... I won't be at Quidditch tryouts on Friday." Harry said. 

"What? Why?" 

"Umbridge." 

"You've got detention with her all week?" You asked in disbelief. 

"Yep." He had a glum look on his face as he took a slice of toast from the rack and started to butter it. 

"It's fine Harry, you'll still be our seeker anyway. We just need a new keeper." 

"Speaking of keeper ..." George said. 

"Who've you got in mind?" Fred asked. 

"Not sure, anyone who turns up really." You replied. "Even if they aren't the best, we can train them up as best as we can and then we just work together as a team to help them throughout the game." Everyone nodded and the silence flooded back as you ate but you noticed that Ron wasn't eating as much, the younger Weasley boy seemed on edge. 

"Ron, is everything okay?" You asked. 

"Yeah ... umm ... (y/n), can I talk to you?" 

"Of course you can." Ron stood up rather fast as you finished talking and walked out of the hall. You quickly caught on and got up and followed the boy without uttering a word to anyone else.  The two of you reached the hall doors and Ron pulled you behind the wall so none of your friends could watch you talk. "Bloody hell Ron, what's wrong?" 

"Umm, well ... you see ... the Quidditch tryouts -" You cut the boy off in excitement. 

"You want to try out for keeper?" 

"Well ... yes ...." 

"Oh Ron that's brilliant! I'll -" 

"But I'm worried ..." 

"Worried? It's okay to be nervous Ron, I felt the same when Oliver asked me to tryout for chaser but you don't have to worry, Fred, George and I will be there -" 

"That's what I'm worried about." 

"You're worried about me? Fred? And George?" 

"Not you, just Fred and George. They'll mock me I know it -" 

"Ron I won't let them. I'll talk to them before tryouts and mark my words Ron, if I catch them trying to mock you or distract you then I'll just tip them off to Hermione and I'm sure she'll write a carefully thought out letter to your Mum." You smiled reassuringly at the boy. 

"Thanks." He returned the smile. 

"C'mon, we've got lessons to attend to." You and Ron were about to walk back into the hall when two tall twins blocked your path. You looked up slightly and made direct eye contact with the two boys. They eyed you suspiciously knowing you were definitely hiding something from the two of them. "Were you two spying on us?"