43 - The Hog's head

"Professor Dumbledore I didn't mean what I did well ... I kind of did but you saw what she was saying! You saw what she was doing to Professor Tre-" 

"I'm not going to punish you for your actions. I thought what you did was very noble and brave." He reached his desk and sat down. "You're a good student (y/n) much greater than some others that have walked these halls, you showed that today. Standing up for what's right, that was courageous of you." He paused for a while watching your eyes scan the room of the portraits hung along the walls. "One hundred points to Gryffindor." 

"What?" You asked, turning your head to face him. 

"You were brave. That deserves a reward." 

"What about Umbridge?" 

"Do not dwell on her that will take care of itself when the time comes." You nodded at the man and went to leave but you stopped yourself. "So you aren't expelling me?" 

"Not today Miss McGonagall." He smiled kindly at you. Giving you a nod of approval signalling you were allowed to go. 

"Thank you, Professor, I don't know what I'd do if I got expelled before the twins." You returned the smile. 

"You're rather fond of the Weasley twins." 

"Yes Professor, I've been friends with them since I was eleven." 

"And I see you and Fred Weasley seem to be rather close too, may I be correct in presuming -" 

"Oh no Professor it's nothing like that uh ... Fred and I are just friends ... just good friends." 

Dumbledore didn't seem convinced which caused you to carry on talking. "We are!" 

"It seems as if you are trying harder to convince yourself than you are me." 

You stood there stunned at what he'd said but you kept your mouth shut not daring to let something out that you'd rather keep to yourself. 

"You may leave Miss McGonagall." 

"Thank Sir ... oh and Professor -" You stopped yourself again. "Harry's looking for you. I think he wants to talk to you about something." 

"Thank you (y/n) but I'll deal with Mr Potter in time." 

"I'll let him know, thank you." Walking out of his office you hurried down to the Great Hall to tell the boys what'd happened. 

---

Within the past two weeks, you'd managed to stay out of Umbridge's way and avoid another detention. Thankfully with Fred's help your hand and now healed fully so you didn't have to worry about it getting cut open during Quidditch practise. 

Quidditch practise had gone back to normal and Harry had also kept up his behaviour which meant he was able to attend the training twice every week. You weren't like Oliver and you decided not to force everyone to get up early on a weekend and make them train for hours. You'd only ever made them train for a while once for a long time in the rain and needless to say, Fred wouldn't let you hear the end of it. 

Now it was the weekend and it was the day of the Hogsmeade trip. During the week Hermione had asked you all to meet at the Hog's Head for a meeting. She told you that she wanted Harry to teach everyone about Defensive magic. Out of everyone you knew Harry was definitely the most experienced when it came to defensive spells so it seemed only fitting that'd he would teach you. 

You the twins, and Lee were all currently in Zonko's ... nothing surprising there. The twins and Lee were counting their coins and pilling up on a number of products. "You really do need to tell me how you've managed all this." You gestured to the money in Fred's hand. "That can't all be from selling your own products."