84 - It's a long story

Fred grabbed your hand and pulled you down the corridor as your lives depended on it, well, they certainly did. The argument had been forgotten, for now. You'd bring it up if the two of you made it out alive but for now, the two of you just wanted to escape. Pulling the hat out of the bag the two of you continued to run as the Death Eater began to chase you both, alerting everyone else that was nearby.

"What's the plan?" Fred yelled after you as he pulled out his wand and started to throw spells at the Death Eaters.

"At the moment," The two of you turned the corner. "just run!" The two of you weren't running for very long when you suddenly realised the two of you had now been cornered. Death Eaters were approaching you from in front of you and behind you both.

"Great ..." He muttered. "Now what?" You didn't reply to your boyfriend you just tried to think of a way out, a way that wouldn't get either of you killed.

"Did you two really think you'd make it out alive?" A tall well-built man dressed in all black made his way to the front of the group as he spoke to you both. "Wait till Severus comes and finds you two here ... you won't survive a minute -"

"You'd be surprised." You shot back.

"You pathetic little -"

"Watch your words mate." Fred moved to stand in front of you, his wand was drawn as he yelled back at the man.

"It doesn't matter." The man snarled. "You'll both have the same fate ..." He threw a spell towards Fred and without thinking you pushed your boyfriend aside and held your hands up awaiting to be struck ... but nothing happened. You felt something in your hands, it wasn't your wand it was far too heavy and too cold to be your wand. Opening your eyes you were met with the shiny blade of the sword of Gryffindor.

The man who threw the spell gave you a worried look as you held the blade in your hand. You had managed to pull out the sword from the sorting hat, something only a true Gryffindor could do. Throwing the hat aside you twirled the sword in your hand waiting for the next round of spells to come flying your way. If you were able to defend you and Fred from the Death Eaters he could begin to start throwing spells their way meaning the two of you could eventually escape.

Fred seemed to grasp the concept of the plan without you having to utter a word as the two of you began to fight back against the Death Eaters, longing for a way out.

"I refuse to die at Hogwarts!" Fred panted as he knocked another one of Voldemorts followers back.

"You and me both Freddie!" You deflected another spell.

"Does this mean you aren't annoyed at me anymore?" He called back to you.

"Where do you get that idea from?" You questioned, annoyance in your tone.

"You called me 'Freddie' and when you're annoyed at me you always call me Fred or Frederick."

"Nope Frederick I'm still annoyed at you."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean what I said (y/n), you know how much I adore you ... I was just wanted you to rest -"

"Fred as much as I appreciate the thought," You spoke, grabbing his hand and pulling him off to a small hallway that had been cleared of Death Eaters from your fighting work. "we are in the middle of something right now."

"You're right." He followed you down the hall, throwing spells back at the Death Eaters that were chasing you. "(y/n) quick!" Fred wrapped his arms around your hips suddenly and pulled you behind one of the portraits that hung on the lower floor. Fred held you against his chest as you hid in the tunnel, much like he'd done all those years ago when the two of you were hiding from Umbridge. "You okay?" Fred released his grip on you as he heard the Death Eaters run straight past you both.