47 - Dumbledore's Army

You bolted down the stairs and onto the quidditch pitch to meet Sirius. Because you basically lived in Hogwarts none of the portraits or ghosts in the school would make a noise to alert Filch or another Professor so you were able to sneak in and out of the castle rather easily. The quidditch pitch was slowly losing it's light as the darkness rained down. The night air was freezing and although you were still in your quidditch robes the cold air still affected you. 

"Sirius?" You called out quietly, hoping no one else was also on the pitch. "Sirius?" 

"I'm here." A soft, welcoming voice called from behind you. Turning around you were met with your Dad's calm smile. You smiled back at the man as you crashed into his arms for a hug. He chuckled at your sudden actions as he wrapped his arms around you, welcoming in the hug. "I saw you play today ..." He trailed off as you pulled apart. 

"Did you see the fight?" You asked hesitantly. 

"I did," He put his arm around you and began to walk around the pitch with you. "but he deserved it, especially for what he said about Harry and the twin's parents." 

You sighed at his words. He was right, Draco did deserve it but the twins and Harry didn't deserve to be thrown off the team, especially Fred. "They've been given a lifetime ban. I've lost half the team -" 

"That doesn't mean you can't win or at least try to win." Sirius tried to reassure you. 

"Without half the team?" 

"You can re-form the team ... even if you can't win this year I'll still be proud of you." He smiled down at you. 

"You will be?" 

"Of course." He pulled you into a side hug as the two of you continued to walk. "Oh and -" He stopped and pulled out a small block of chocolate wrapped in a cloth from his coat pocket. "Lupin sent you this."He handed it to you. "He thought you could do with a little something to make you feel better after you yelled at Umbridge, multiple times may I add." 

You took the chocolate from him and put it in your robe pocket so you could eat it on the way back because if you pulled it out in the common room everyone would swarm you begging for a piece. "She deserved it too, I hate the woman. She won't even let us use magic! How are we supposed to defend ourselves?" 

"Harry told me about her, he also mentioned you were forming a group to learn spells to defend yourselves with." 

"We're trying to, we just need somewhere to practice, somewhere Umbridge won't find us." 

"Have you tried using the map to help you?" Sirius asked, referring to the map, he, James, Remus and Peter made. 

"Fred and George tried but all the passages are blocked up or the rooms are just too small." Sirius looked deep in thought at your words, clearly trying to think of a solution that could help you and the rest of the students eager to learn. As he couldn't help he changed the subject. 

"Has your mother spoke to you again? Through the necklace ..." He pointed to the chain that was slightly visible on your neck as the rest was hidden under your robes. 

"Yes ..." You debated if you should tell him everything she'd told you about your real last name. Sirius definitely already knew due to him being close friends with your mother when the two were at Hogwarts together. You decided to tell him, just not tell him that Snape knew and what Snape had told you. 

"She told me my real last name ..." 

"Gryffindor." Sirius finished for you. 

"Yes ..."