Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

By angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... More

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
25 - The First Task
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
31 - The Third Task
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
40 - A new Keeper
41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
53 - The Knight bus home
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

42 - The Heir of Gryffindor

44.8K 1.4K 9.6K
By angelraeken

"What - w-what the hell ... you're supposed to be -" 

"Dead?" The woman finished off your sentence off for you. With fear flooding your body the only thing you could do was nod in agreement. She looked down at you as she moved to sit at the edge of your bed. "The thing is (y/n) ... I am dead." 

"But - you're -" 

"You know ghosts exist, right?" She cracked a smile. "I thought you took after your father when it came to intelligence." She chuckled slightly. "Clearly not."

"How?" 

"The necklace? I'm not really sure how I manged up in there but here I am. I'm guessing you've got more questions." 

"Yes ... h - how?" You repeated.

"Well, I can't tell you how I ended up in that necklace like I said, other than the fact that I believe my spirit is trapped inside and I can only been seen when you need me." 

"How come you can talk to me?" 

"Again I'm not sure how I can do that but I know this, I won't be here forever." 

"What - why?" 

"I can't protect you forever. When you need protection the most take the necklace off and smash it -"

"Smash it? What kind of -"

"Listen ..." You stopped talking. "When you smash the necklace I'll finally be released and I can form a shield to protect you but then I'll be gone forever. That's as much as I know. I can speak to you when I want but I'll only help when you need it." 

"How do you know this?" You asked. 

"When Barty took the necklace he did his own research on the matter. He never found much other than the protection abilities I now possess." 

"Did you protect him too? Help him?" 

"Only to find you." 

"Only to find me? He caused an innconet boy to die! I lost Cedric because of him! I could have lost Harry too! The boy is like my brother!" 

"We wanted you to have a brother ..." She looked down sadly at the memories that came back to her but she didn't let it consume her for very long. "We wanted a son after we'd had you. We planned to call him Regulus." 

"After Sirius's brother?" 

"Yes. He was taken too soon ... he died for the greater good ..."

You nodded at the woman. Understanding what she was saying and watching her pained expression come back but you still had more questions. "Mum?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Can you tell me about my real Dad? Who was he?" 

"Your father was nothing but a Muggleborn Ravenclaw. Thats all I say on the matter after what he did." Her face now darkened with anger.

"Leaving you mean?" 

"Yes besides, I'm the interesting one." Her smile grew on her face once again.

"How so?" You asked now leaning forward eagar to know. 

"Well your last name is famous." 

"Famous?" 

"Yes." 

"How?" 

"Well your classmates know you as (y/n) McGonagall right?" 

"Right ..." 

"To me you'll always be (y/n) Gryffindor." 

"GRYFFINDOR?" You whisper yelled hoping you wouldn't wake the others. 

"(y/n) you are a descendent of Godric Gryffindor himself, an heir if you will." 

"I ... I - can't be ..." 

"You are, you see down the line the Gryffindor family married and had children with whoever they wanted. Godric didn't care, he accepted all. That's why you also have the blood of another heir ... no I can't tell you that." 

"But I want to know." 

"I can't tell you that." 

"You can!" 

"I won't. I must go. Goodbye (y/n) I'm sure we'll meet again." With that she quickly faded into smoke and you were now sitting in your bed with no woman left to talk to.  

"But what heirs blood do I also have running through my veins?" You whispered to yourself trying to grasp what you'd been told. "Me and Sirius have a lot to talk about." You muttered as you fell back into bed and tried to sleep the night away. 

---

You decided not to tell the boys what had happened after all, they still didn't know that you could hear her at times so you just kept silent about the matter. The next morning you headed down to breakfast with them. 

"I'm just saying if we hexed a teacher we could get away with it -" Fred was complaining about Umbridge. "It's our final year so would getting expelled be that bad -" 

"Fred Weasley you are not to get expelled, you still need school!" You fired back. 

"But we're gonna open a joke shop." George joined in. 

"So you keep saying." The four of you walked into the hall, walking over to the Gryffindor table where Harry, Ron and Hermione were sat. "Morning you three." You smiled at the golden trio as you, Fred, George and Lee took your seats opposite them. 

"Morning ..." Harry looked at you and started to stutter. "(y/n) ..."

"Yes Harry?" 

"I won't be able to attend practice this week ..." 

"Why?" 

"Umbridge." You gave Harry a disapproving look but you couldn't be that annoyed at him. Harry was a good enough seeker and you were sure he'd be fine when it came to the match and you knew how much Harry hated Umbridge so you let it slide. 

"It's fine just please don't miss anymore ..."

"I promise you I won't." 

"YOU GOT DETENTION AGAIN?" Angelina stormed towards you all after hearing what Harry had said. 

"Yes but it wasn't my fault ..." Harry tried to reason with her. 

"AND YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT!" She turned her attention back to you. 

"I'm not Oliver, I'm not gonna make him run around the pitch for hours." Huffing at the girl you started to eat.

"Bloody hell Angelina anyone would think you're captain." Fred said as he buttered his toast. 

"I MIGHT AS WELL BE CONSIDERING (Y/N) WON'T PUNISH HIM!" 

"Punish him? Have you seen the boys hand? I think he's been through enough." You sent the girl a glare. 

"BUT -" 

"Miss Johnson, how dare you make such a racket in the Great Hall! Five points from Gryffindor!" McGonagall came storming over, yelling. 

"But Professor - he's gone and landed himself in detention again -" Angelina pressed on. 

"What's this Potter? Detention? From whom?" 

"From Professor Umbridge." Harry muttered. 

"Are you telling me," She lowered her voice so the curouus Ravenclaws behind her couldn't hear. "that after the warning I gave you last Monday you lost your temper in Professors Umbridge's class again?" 

"Yes ..." 

"Potter, you must get a grip on yourself! You are heading for serious trouble! Another five points from Gryffindor!" 

"That isn't fair!" Fred yelled. 

"Silence Weasley! Now I think you four should be heading to my class, hmm?" She looked between you, Lee and the twins. Fred groaned and grabbed a rack of toast for you all to eat on the way as he started to stand.

"Yes Professor." The four of you muttered together as you left the table and walked to transfiguration. 

"Is McGonagall or her side or something?" Fred asked, biting into a slice of toast he'd stolen. 

"Definitely not." George answered his twin. 

"She despises the woman she just doesn't want any of us getting detentions with her." You said, taking a piece of toast from Fred and started to eat. 

"Might be a little hard when the woman's such a git." Fred complained as he entered the class. 

"Now when has Fred Weasley ever backed down from a challenge?" You mocked the boy, taking a seat next to him. 

"You challenge me to not get a detention from her?" 

"Yep." 

"And what do I get if I don't get a detention from the toad?" 

"A hand that isn't covered in blood." You smiled. 

"And what do you want in return if I do happen to get a detention?" Fred finished his food as he spoke.

"Oh you'll see." Smirking at the boy you turned your attention to the front of the class but something in the corner of your eye caught your attention ... something pink.

Umbridge was standing at the edge of the classroom towards the back with a clipboard and quill. "Bet you'll talk back to Umbridge this lesson." Fred whispered to you. 

"Last time you even set up a bet you lost Freddie so I'd withdraw that." 

"Made a bet with you just now didn't I?" 

"Which you're going to loose." 

"And you'll loose this one." 

"Bet." 

"Fine, what do you want if you win?" Fred asked. 

"I'll tell you that when I win. What do you want if by some miracle you win?" 

"I'll tell you that when I win." Fred smirked as he turned his attention to McGonagall who'd just walked into the room without saying a word to Umbridge. 

"That will do." McGonagall silenced you all before giving out instructions to certain students. "Mr Jordan please go around each student and collect the homework then place it on my desk please." Lee complied and started to collect pieces of parchment from each student. 

"Miss Johnson please take this box - don't be silly, girl, they won't hurt you - and hand one to each student -" 

"Hem, hem." McGonagall was cut off my Umbridge making her presence known but McGonagall ignored her and continued to teach the lesson. 

"Right then, everyone, listen closely - George Weasley, if you do that to the mouse again I will put you in detention - you all know how to make your snails vanish which will help with the reviewing of today's spell -" 

"Hem, hem." 

"Yes?" Mcgonagall turned to face her with a fed up expression plastered across her face. 

"I was just wondering Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspect-"

"Obviously I received it, or I would have asked you what you are doing in my classroom." 

Everyone was looking at McGonagall at her words. A few students were trying to hide a laugh, including you and the boys. Umbridge was fuming at how McGonagall had spoken to her and her face showed it as she started to write on her clipboard. 

"As I was saying: the Vanishing Spell becomes more difficult with the complexity of the animal to be Vanished as you all well know from your previous years. The snail, as an invertebrate, does not present much of a challange; the mouse, as a mammal, offers a much greater one. This is not, therefore, magic you can accomplish with your mind on your dinner. So - you know the incantation, let me see what you can do." 

The class was about to start pracitsing when Umbridge interrupted, again. 

"How long have you been teaching at Hogwarts?"

"Thirty-nine years this December." 

"Am I right in saying that in those years you raised a child? Here at Hogwarts?"

"For the last fifthteen years I have yes. I was given custody of her by the Ministry when she was two." 

"Adopted then?" 

"Obviously." You muttered. 

"And who is it?" Umbridge asked. 

"Me, clearly." You said. 

"Ah yes ... I remember it well." 

"You remember sending Sirius to Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit? You remember telling my Uncle Lupin that he couldn't have custody over me for no apparent reason? What a lovely memory." 

"Your Uncle has a condition that makes him unfit for the job." Umbridge replied in a high-pitched tone

"Being a werewolf doesn't mean you're unfit to take care of a child!" You snapped. "You never even gave Sirius a trial! He's been a better Dad than my bilogical father who just took off the moment I was born!" 

"Sirius Black isn't your father. He's nothing but a deranged man." 

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT! ME AND SIRIUS BLACK MAY NOT BE BOUND MY BLOOD BUT WE'RE BOUND BY LOVE! HE IS MY DAD TO ME AND HE ALWAYS WILL BE! IT'S THE SAME WITH MCGONAGALL, SHE CARED FOR ME WHEN LUPIN COULDN'T. SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO BUT SHE DID SO TO ME SHE'S MY MUM!" You yelled at the woman causing the whole class to stare at you with wide eyes whereas Umbridge looked as if she could hit you. 

"Well - I think -" 

"(y/n), outside. NOW!" McGonagall yelled. You knew best than to arugue with your mother. She was a woman no one should mess with so you complied and left the room. "I will see to punishment. She is my student and this is my class." She followed you out of the room. 

"WHAT WERE YOU THIKNING?" She yelled.

"What was I supposed to do -"

"THAT WAS BRILLAINT DEAR!"

"W - what?" You asked in shock at her reaction.

"THAT WAS BRILLIANT! And thank you for those kind words about me, do you mean them?" 

"Every word. You and I may not be blood bound by we're bound by love and that's stronger than any blood relation." Without saying a word she hugged you. "I am sorry dear but I will have to write a letter to Sirius regarding what happened as part of the 'punishment'.

"It's fine." 

"Thank you." She pulled back and smiled. Turning around she opened the door slightly. "Fred Weasley, bring me (y/n)'s things please." She turned back to you. "Go to Professor Snape, he isn't teaching now. That way you'll get out of a detention."

Fred suddenly came into view holding your bag. "Here." He passed it to you with a large grin on his face. 

"Why are you smiling like that?" You asked. 

"Because I won." 

"You did not!"

"Yes I did!"

"No you didn't! I didn't talk back I answered a question!"

"Not when you snapped at her!"

"Oh fine then! What'd you want?"

"Wait until Hogsmeade." Fred smirked as he turned around and walked back into class.

"What have you two been doing?" Your McGonagall asked looking between the two of you.

"Nothing you need to worry about mother!" You sang as you turned on your heel and headed down to see Snape.

Arriving at his room you swiftly opned the door to reveal the man currently looking through his ingredients. He turned around to meet your gaze and needless to say he looked surprised to see you.

"And what do I owe this pleasure to?"

"I was kicked out of class ... again." 

"This is becoming a common occurrence Miss McGonagall." 

"And? It's clearly not a hindrance when you let me stay."

"Because you are one of the mere students I tolerate." 

"Severus, are you going soft?" You smiled but he just glared at you. Snape sat down at his desk and you did the same. "I spoke to my mother again ..." 

"I'm sorry did I hear that correctly?" He leaned forward narrowing his gaze at you.

"What?" You asked visibly confused by his question.

"You actually listened to what I told you to do ..."

"When don't I?"

"Every lesson you partake in you seem to go against everything I say."

"Shouldn't have left me in the forbidden forest then." 

"Will you ever forgive me for that event?"

"Never." You smiled and even a small smile formed on Snape's face. 

"What did she tell you?"

"The truth, about me, my family. I didn't get anything new about my father but I now know my real last name." 

"Which is?"

"Gryffindor, (y/n) Gryffindor. But Snape, she said something else ..." 

"Go on ..."

"She told me I not only had the blood of Godric Gryffindor running through my veins but another heir too ..." 

"Which is?" 

"I'm not sure ... she couldn't bring herself to say." 

"Hmm." He leaned back in his chair. "Perhaps Sirius will know." He suggested. You were about to answer him when the bell sounded. "You may leave McGonagall or should I call you Gryffindor ..." 

"If I'm honest I won't take Gryffindor as my last name." 

"Really? It would be an honour for anyone." 

"But that isn't me ... Sirius and McGonagall have been -"

"Prehaps ..." Snape cut you off. "Gryffindor would be best as a second name. (y/n) Gryffindor McGonagall or you may prefer (y/n) Gryffindor Black." He finished.

"I'll think about it. Thank you Severus." He stared at you at the use of his first name but said nothing as you left. 

You weaved through the students in the corridors and headed to the Great Hall to meet the boys but instead of everyone else following suit a large group of students were talking and whispering about Professor Trelawney. No one was walking towards the hall but now to the school entrance. Deciding to follow them you walked with a group of sutdents until you noticed a familiar Slytherin girl. Sabella. 

"Sabella! What's going on?" The girl joined your side.

"It's Professor Trelawney, Umbridge is giving her the sack."

"The sack?" 

"Indeed. How come you aren't with the twins?" 

"I got sent out of class ... again."

"Again? Bloody hell (y/n) you should have been a Slytherin." She smirked at you as the two of you walked towards the crowd. You spotted two tall red heads and quickly slipped through the crowd to meet the twins. 

"How'd your time with Snape go?" Fred smirked as he moved you to stand in front of him so you could see what was happening.

"Truly thrilling." You returned the smirk before turning back to face Umbrige and Trelawney.

She had tears streaming down her face as Filch started to pile the last of her bags in front of her. She was shaking in pure fear and you and everyone else around you couldn't help but feel bad for her. She'd been at Hogwarts just a year before McGonagall brought you here so she'd babysat you many times and watched you grow up.

"You - can't do this ... Hogwarts is my home ..."

"Actually I can." Umbridge held up a piece of parchment as your Mum ran over to her and pulled Trelawney into a hug. "Something you'd like to say?" 

"Oh there are several things I'd like to say!"

"Well prehaps I should sack you -"

"Don't finish that sentance!" You had bolted over to them and stood in front of your Mum and Professor Trelawney. 

"I beg your pardon?" You pulled out your wand and held it out as a warning to the woman. 

"I said don't finish that sentence!"

"How dare you draw your wand out at me!"

"Sometimes I wonder if she really is as smart as she seems." George muttered to his twin and Lee. 

"She's smarter than you two well, that isn't hard." Lee added earning him a glare from both boys

"She's got beauty and brains, the decsions she makes may not be the smartest but it always works out for her." Fred said without realsing a number of students heard what he said. George, Lee and a few other students gave the boy an amused look. "What?"

"You said she was beautiful!" Lee said with a smile completely forgetting what was happening a few meters away from them.

"Did not!"

"Yes you did!" George smiled too. 

"I knew it!" Hermione joined in. 

"Can't say I blame you." Sabella added.

"You lot utter a word to her about what I just said and I'll tell Umbridge that you broke one of her rules."

"I am a prefect you know!" Hermione snapped. 

"Does it look like I care? What are you gonna do? Put me in detention?" 

Suddenly the castle doors swung open catching everyones attention. Dumbledore walked into the courtyard sending a dark look at Umbridge. "Minerva, escort Sybill back inside." 

"Have you forgotten -" Umbridge started to speak but Dumbledore cut her off. 

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers you do not however have the power to banish them from the grounds that power remains with the headmaster."

"For now."

"Miss McGonagall, come with me. I'll deal with her actions. Don't you all have studying to do!" Dumbledore yelled as he walked off. You sent the twins and Lee a look but proceeded to follow Dumbledore through the school and into his office. 

"Looks like I'm about to be expelled before the twins ..." 

---

A/N - Just to clarify Sabella the Slytherin girl is an OC. I added her in because all JK does is talk down about the Slytherins and say they're all 'evil' and we all know that not to be true. I tried to find a Slytherin girl already existing in the books or films who was like her and in Freds year but I couldn't find one so here we are. As a Gryffindor myself I can say that in this house we love all the houses equally and accept them all and everyone in them :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.1K 60
Oliver Wood sees a lot of his younger self in Hermione Granger when she appears at Hogwarts for her first year. He takes it upon himself to look afte...
746 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
106K 3.1K 107
❝ᴀɴᴅ Ιͺ'ᴠᴇ Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄… ᴏꜰ α΄€ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± ᴏɴᴄᴇ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄€ ʟΙͺκœ°α΄‡α΄›Ιͺᴍᴇ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄˜Κ€α΄‡α΄›α΄›Κ κœ±α΄œΚ€α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ ᴏꜰ ᴍΙͺɴᴇ.❞ β•°β”ˆβž€ IN WHICH [Y/N] AND OLIVER POTTER-BLAC...
2.4K 53 35
When Harry potters twin sister y/n seems to have caught the attention of fred and George Weasley. What happens her life gets flipped and she faces ne...