Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

Por angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... Más

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
25 - The First Task
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
31 - The Third Task
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
40 - A new Keeper
42 - The Heir of Gryffindor
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
53 - The Knight bus home
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts

46.9K 1.5K 4.9K
Por angelraeken

Ron was still on a high after his Quidditch tryouts for the rest of the week, it was nice to see the boy finally celebrating something that you knew Fred and George wouldn't be able to ruin. Now, you were sat in the Great Hall eating breakfast listening to Ron telling Harry about the tryouts when the Owls came soaring in with the post. 

"What the bloody hell is Hermes doing here?" Fred asked as the large owl landed right in front of you. Hermes stood there with a letter in his beak clearly addressed to you. 

"Thank you, Hermes," You took the letter out of his beak and pushed your breakfast plate towards him. "Take what you want off the plate." You told the bird as you ripped open the letter. 

"Is that from Percy?" George asked. 

"I believe so." You replied unfolding the pieces of parchment in the envelope. 

Dear (y/n), 

I am thankful that you're well and safe. I was told by the Minister of magic that he got word that you've fulfilled Oliver's role as Quidditch Captain, congratulations (y/n) you deserve it. Oliver wouldn't have given you the title unless he believed you fit to carry it out. 

I want to give you some advice regarding recent events. I hope you'll keep this away from prying eyes and to carefully think about what you're doing. Nothing will put you in danger more than associating with Harry Potter. I know you don't want to lose your place as Quidditch captain and fraternising with Harry will lead to that happening. Oliver wouldn't want that either. 

I advise you to read the Daily Prophet today. It'll give you a good insight of what's happening. Dolores Umbridge is a truly delightful woman who will be happy to help you should you need anything. The Professors at Hogwarts are showing little co-operation for Umbridge, she strives to make the necessary changes within the school. The Daily Prophet should explain more. 

One last thing, I have hinted, Dumbledores regime at Hogwarts may soon be over. (y/n) your loyalty and everyone else's loyalty should not be to him but to the school and Ministry. 

I am sorry I was unable to see you this summer but I can already guess Fred and George kept you company for those long weeks. It pains me to criticise my parents but I am afraid I can no longer live under their roof while they remain mixed up with the dangerous crowd around Dumbledore. 

Please think carefully about what I've said. Take care of yourself (y/n). You may use Hermes for as long as you like, he's happy to be around you. 

Your friend, 

Percy

"I can't believe this!" You passed the letter around. "He's defending Umbridge. 'A truly delightful woman' What lies have they been feeding him at the Ministry?" 

"It's Percy, he's a prat." Fred moaned as he looked over the letter. 

"Mione, have you got today's Daily Prophet?" You asked. 

"I almost forgot!" She gasped as she unravelled the paper and flattened the paper out so you could all see the headline which read : 

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR

"Umbridge - 'High inquisitor'?" Harry said darkly. "What does that mean?" Hermione started to read the paper aloud. 

"In a surprise move last night the Ministry of Magic passed new legislation giving itself an unprecedented level of control at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry." 

"'The Minister has been growing uneasy about the goings-on at Hogwarts for some time,'" said Junior Assistant to the Minister, Percy Weasley. He is now responding to concerns, voiced by anxious parents, who feel the school may be moving in a direction they do not approve of.'" 

"This Is not the first time in recent weeks that the Minister, Cornelius Fudge, has used new laws to effect improvements at the wizarding school. As recently as 30th August, Educational Decree Number Twenty-two was passed, to ensure that, in the event of the current Headmaster being unable to provide a candidate for a teaching post, the Ministry should select an appropriate person."

"'That's how Dolores Umbridge came to be appointed to the teaching staff at Hogwarts,'" said Weasley last night. "'Dumbledore couldn't find anyone so the Minister put in Umbridge, and of course, she's been an immediate success — '"

"She's been a WHAT?" Harry said loudly. 

"Wait, there's more." Hermione said grimly.

"— an immediate success, totally revolutionising the teaching of Defence Against the Dark Arts and providing the Minister with on-the-ground feedback about what's really happening at Hogwarts."

"It is this last function that the Ministry has now formalised with the passing of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, which creates the new position of Hogwarts High Inquisitor."

 "'This is an exciting new phase in the Minister's plan to get to grips with what some are calling the falling standards at Hogwarts,'" said Weasley. 

"The Inquisitor will have powers to inspect her fellow educators and make sure that they are coming up to scratch. Professor Umbridge has been offered this position in addition to her own teaching post and we are delighted to say that she has accepted." 

"The Ministry's new moves have received enthusiastic support from parents of students at Hogwarts. '"I feel much easier in my mind now that I know Dumbledore is being subjected to fair and objective evaluation,'" said Mr. Lucius Malfoy, 41, speaking from his Wiltshire mansion last night. "Many of us with our children's best interests at heart have been concerned about some of Dumbledore's eccentric decisions in the last few years and are glad to know that the Ministry is keeping an eye on the situation."

''Among Those eccentric decisions are undoubtedly the controversial staff appointments previously described in this newspaper, which have included the employment of werewolf Remus Lupin, half-giant Rubeus Hagrid and delusional ex-Auror, Mad-Eye Moody. Rumours Abound, of course, that Albus Dumbledore, once Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, is no longer up to the task of managing the prestigious school of Hogwarts."

"'I think the appointment of the Inquisitor is a first step towards ensuring that Hogwarts has a headmaster in whom we can all repose our confidence,'" said a Ministry insider last night. 

"Wizengamotelders Griselda Marchbanks and Tiberius Ogden have resigned in protest at the introduction of the post of Inquisitor to Hogwarts.

"'Hogwarts is a school, not an outpost of Cornelius Fudge's office,'" said Madam Marchbanks. "'This is a further, disgusting attempt to discredit Albus Dumbledore.'"( For a full account of Madam Marchbanks's alleged links to subversive goblin groups, turn to page seventeen.)"

"So now we know how we ended up with Umbridge! Fudge passed this "Educational Decree" and forced her on us! And now he's given her the power to inspect the other teachers!" Hermione was breathless as she spoke. 

"This is outrageous!" Ron yelled. 

"I know it is," Harry said. 

"Wonder how many teachers will get the sack now." Fred added.

"Wonder how many students will get expelled now." You gave the twins a look knowing if there was anyone Umbridge was planning to expel it would be them and you. 

"Oh I can't wait to see McGonagall inspected." Ron smiled. "Umbridge won't know what's hit her." 

"Speaking of lessons we best get to charms, escpially if there's inspections. I don't fancy a bloodied up hand like (y/n) or Harry's." Lee said in an urgent tone. You and the twins nodded. You gave Hermes one last piece of bacon as the bird took off to the Owlery. 

The three of you walked into Charms to see Umbridge already talking to Flitwick. "Brilliant." You muttered as you and the boys took your seats on the bench. Other students came flooding in and soon enough the whole class was now awaiting for Filtwick to explain why a toad dressed in pink was also in the room. 

"Good Morning everyone, today we are going to be reviewing the spell Alarte Ascendare ... oh and you may have noticed Professor Umbridge has joined us today. She will be conducting an inspection." The man spoke nervously. "Nothing to be alarmed about." He tried to reassure everyone but that clearly wasn't working. 

"Is it true that you are as they say a 'champion dueller'?" Umbridge asked, disrupting the whole class. 

"I beg your pardon?" 

"Are you or are you not a champion dueller?" She asked again. 

"Oh yes, after I graduated Hogwarts ... when I was younger." The man said turning back to the class. "Now I will ask students to come up in groups and demonstrate on the -" Flitwick was cut off by Umbridge, again. 

"Who would you say is your most advanced student?"

"Oh umm ... well ... I don't believe that is an appropriate question ..." 

"And why not? Hmm?" 

"I don't like to ... you know ..." 

"Pity the students against one another?" She asked in her usual annoying tone. 

"Well ... yes ..." 

"Pity ... Cornelius needs to know otherwise I may need to take further action." 

Professor Flitwick had gone as pale as a ghost at her words and Umbridge seemed to take enjoyment from his panicked state. Her smile grew wider as he started to stutter slightly trying to come up with an acceptable answer for her. 

"Uh - well ... in her fourth year (y/n) took on a large challanege and duelled a dire threat to Hogwarts." 

Everyones eyes fell on you at his words. Some students knew what had happened in the Champer of Secrets in your fourth year, others didn't. You'd helped Harry and Ron get into the chamber and then you were left with Tom Riddles 16 year old self. He stole Harry's wand and the two of you started to duel whilst Harry dealt with the basilisk. 

"And who might that have been?" 

"Uh ..." Flitwick stopped wondering if he should carry on and tell the truth or lie straight to her face but you spoke before he could. 

"Tom Riddle." 

"Excuse me?" Umbridge asked now facing you. 

"I duelled Tom Riddle well, his mere memory but the boy still caused me some damage." 

The woman looked taken back and horrified at your words. Her grip tightened on her quill, so much that her knuckles turned white and it looked as if she was going to snap the quill in half. 

"Miss McGonagall, I believe I told you not to tell lies." 

"I'm not lying! Ask Harry! Or Ginny Weasley!" You protested. 

"ENOUGH!" She shrieked. "Miss McGonagall you will see me in my office tonight for detention." 

"FOR WHAT?" You yelled back. 

"You lied. You must not tell lies." 

"This is a joke." You suddenly grabbed your stuff and stormed out of the room without uttering another word. No one tried to stop you, not even the twins. The two of them and Lee knew better, they'd rather walk out with you then stop you. 

"PEEVES!" You yelled to the poltergeist like you had the previous week. 

"You called?" The ghost came flying down to meet you as you walked towards the courtyard. 

"Found a way to get back at that toad?" 

"I was thinking we drop a cabinet on her head." The ghost cackled. 

"Cabinet? Try the whole chandelier." 

"Ya know what (y/n)?" 

"What?" 

"That's not a half bad idea ... I've got a plan .... see ya!" He laughed to himself as he descended through a wall causing a group of students to scream at the poltergeists presence. 

You smiled to yourself at the thought of him jumping out and scaring other students. Peeves was an interesting character to say the least but despite him wanting to cause havoc around Hogwarts he was always willing to listen and aid specific students when needed.

You entered the courtyard and took a seat on one of the stone benches that faced the castle grounds. You were alone due to everyone else being in class well, at least you thought you were alone. 

"You should be in class." The familiar sound of Fred Weasley was growing louder from behind you. Without turning around to face the boy you spoke. 

"So should you." 

"Yeah but when have I ever followed the rules and done what anyone asks of me?" He smirked as he took a seat next to you. 

You laughed slightly at his answer. "You'll get a detention from her if you aren't careful." 

"I don't care." 

"You will when you end up with an injury like this." You raised your left hand which no longer had the bandage Fred had given you on. You were now just left with a healing wound that was going to be reopened that night. 

"She didn't utter a word when I left. I think I'm safe." Fred noticed your glum expression. "What's on your mind?" 

"Hmm? Nothing Fred I'm fine." 

"You're just as big of a liar as Umbridge is."

"Did you just compare me to that ugly thing?" You jerked your head to the side to look at the boy who was looking down at you with a large grin on his face. "You cocky git!" You couldn't help but let out a small smile at Fred's reaction. You raised your right hand to playfully shove the boy but Fred caught your wrist and pulled you into his chest so he could rest his head on top of yours. The two of you laughed at his actions but Fred quickly stopped laughing to talk. 

"Y'know you can tell me anything, right?" 

"I know I can Freddie I just don't want you to worry." Fred smiled at your words as you leaned into his touch slightly.

"Whenever you want to talk about it we can." Fred pulled back so he could now look at you. "Fancy some lunch?" 

"You read my mind." The two of you left the courtyard and followed the large groups of students who were heading to the hall for lunch. 

Approaching the Gryffindor table you saw that Harry, Ron and Hermione who were already sat eating lunch. 

"Obviously, I'd have been thrilled if I'd got an 'O' —" You and heard Hermione start talking about her exams as you sat down. "Oh hello you two, where's George and Lee?" 

"Probably leaving lesson now." Fred answered. 

"How come you two are here then?" Ron asked. 

"We walked out." 

"You two walked out?" Hermione asked. "Out of class?"

"Yep." 

"Why?" 

"Well Umbridge said I was lying about the Chamber of Secrets and Tom Riddle and then gave me a detention so I walked out." You said.

"And I followed." Fred said proudly.

"That's brilliant." Harry smiled. 

"No it's not Harry!" Hermione yelled before Ron quickly changed the subject. 

''Hermione," said Ron sharply, ''if you want to know what grades we got, ask." 

"I don't — I didn't mean — well, if you want to tell me — "

''I got a 'P'." said Ron, ladling soup into his bowl. "Happy?"

"Nothing wrong with a good healthy 'P'." Fred said. 

"But," said Hermione, doesn't 'P' stand for ..."

"Poor, yeah." Lee said as he and George had now joined the table. ''Still, better than 'D', isn't it dreadful?"

''So top grade's 'O' for 'Outstanding'," Hermione was saying. ''and then there's 'A' -"

"No," George started to speak. "'E' for 'Exceeds Expectations' and I've always thought Fred and I should've got 'E' in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams." 

Everyone other than Hermione burst out laughing at Georges words. "So, after 'E' it's 'A' for 'Acceptable', and that's the last pass grade, isn't it?" The girl asked. 

"Yep," Fred said, dunking an entire roll in his soup, transferring it to his mouth and swallowing it whole.

"Oh charming Fred." You gave the boy a disgusted look as he tried to eat the roll without choking. It was truly beyond you how Fred could go from comforting you and acting like an angel to shoving a whole roll down his throat within mere minutes. 

"Then you get 'P' for 'Poor' —" Ron raised both his arms in mock celebration — "and 'D' for 'Dreadful'."

"And then 'T'." George reminded his twin. 

"'T'"asked Hermione, looking appalled. 

 ''Even Lower than a 'D'."

"What on earth does 'T' stand for?"

"Troll." said George promptly.

Everyone laughed again other than Hermione who seemed to grow more and more impatient with you all. The rest of lunch mainly consisted of the twins trying to annoy Hermione about her O.W.Ls, clearly forgetting the girl's previous threats. 

---

Umbridge had made you come to her office rather late and by the time you got up to the Gryffindor common room everyone seemed to be in bed. The detention went the same as it did last time only tonight you had detention alone rather than with Harry. Umbridge had made you do lines again with her 'special' quill which resulted in your nearly healed wound opening up again. Your left hand was bleeding a lot now as you climbed through the portrait hole.

You never expected anyone to be up at this time due to it being rather late but there was always one boy who always went above your expectations. That boy was Fred. 

"What are you doing up?" You asked the boy, walking over to the fireplace you saw him sat on the large sofa with a pile of medical supplies. 

"What'd you think?" You gave him a small smile as you sat to the right of him. "Let me look." He held out his hand clearly gesturing to your left hand that had the words 'I will not tell lies' freshly carved into your skin. 

Fred didn't say a word, he wrapped up your hand again but not before coating the cut in ointment to help ease the pain. "Feel any better?" He looked over his work and made sure he didn't cause you any pain before looking at you. 

You nodded at him not daring to look him in the eye, scared of crying due to how much pain your left hand was currently experiencing. You tried to focus on the dying fire in front of you but Fred made that hard when he placed both his hands on your face, cupping it so he could make you look at him. 

"You need sleep you look exchaused." 

"Thanks, Fred." 

"I didn't mean it like that! You look beaut - uh - umm I meant you -" You cut him off by letting out a small laugh at his flustered state. 

"I know what you mean, thank you Fred." 

His hands were still placed on either side of your face. Cupping your face gently he moved your head closer to his and placed a kiss on your forehead. "Get some rest (y/n), we'll sort this out." He looked down to your hand. 

Pulling away from the boy, you nodded at his words. Saying goodnight to him you made your way to your shared room with Angelina, Katie and Alicia. You threw your robes off and grabbed Fred's jumper he'd given you and some shorts. You quickly changed and got into bed. 

It felt like you'd been trying to sleep for hours, debating if you should go down to the common room and hope that Fred had fallen alseep dpwn there or was still awake you shifted in bed when a voice caused you freeze up. 

"(y/n) ..." The voice came from the end of your bed. Curiosity got the better of you, sitting up and facing the foot of the bed you were met with a cold yet soft gaze from a woman dressed in a pale dress. 

There standing in front of you was your Mum. 

Your biological mother. 

---

A/N - So this story has taken off within the past few days and I honestly can't thank you enough. Thank you for all your kind messages and comments I'm doing my best to answer them all. Thank you all so much, it means the world :') 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

23.8K 724 21
"if you've got something to ask me, george, just get on with it." he stares at her blankly. "you know it's me. you can actually tell me and freddie a...
4.3K 43 56
Elizabeth Griffin. An innocent young witch unaware of how complicated magic can be. Follow her as she steps through Hogwarts, discovering mysterie...
323K 18.1K 70
Y/n Grindelwald is boy born into a powerful but feared wizarding family. At the age of 11 he has received his invitation to learn magic at the famous...
1K 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...