Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

By angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... More

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
25 - The First Task
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
31 - The Third Task
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts
42 - The Heir of Gryffindor
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
53 - The Knight bus home
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

40 - A new Keeper

45.8K 1.4K 3.4K
By angelraeken

Just as Fred said he would, the red-head tended to your wound that morning. You were sat having breakfast with the boys whilst Fred was dropping ointment on your hand. "You know Fred, you could just ditch Hogwarts and go into being a nurse." You smiled at the boy as you watched him start to rub the ointment in. 

"I think we both know me being a nurse wouldn't end well," Fred said as he started to wrap a small bandage over the top of your left hand. 

"Thank you, Fred." 

"Anything for my damsel in distress." He leaned down lightly to smirk at you. You said nothing but rolled your eyes at his words and started to eat. "When are you gonna tell McGonagall?" 

"We have transfiguration today, I'll speak to her after class." Fred nodded and started to eat too. The four of you ate in silence until the Golden Trio came striding over to the table. Ron took a seat opposite you, Harry sat down next to Lee who was sat to the right of you whereas Hermione sat opposite Fred. 

"(y/n), I forgot to tell you ... I won't be at Quidditch tryouts on Friday." Harry said. 

"What? Why?" 

"Umbridge." 

"You've got detention with her all week?" You asked in disbelief. 

"Yep." He had a glum look on his face as he took a slice of toast from the rack and started to butter it. 

"It's fine Harry, you'll still be our seeker anyway. We just need a new keeper." 

"Speaking of keeper ..." George said. 

"Who've you got in mind?" Fred asked. 

"Not sure, anyone who turns up really." You replied. "Even if they aren't the best, we can train them up as best as we can and then we just work together as a team to help them throughout the game." Everyone nodded and the silence flooded back as you ate but you noticed that Ron wasn't eating as much, the younger Weasley boy seemed on edge. 

"Ron, is everything okay?" You asked. 

"Yeah ... umm ... (y/n), can I talk to you?" 

"Of course you can." Ron stood up rather fast as you finished talking and walked out of the hall. You quickly caught on and got up and followed the boy without uttering a word to anyone else.  The two of you reached the hall doors and Ron pulled you behind the wall so none of your friends could watch you talk. "Bloody hell Ron, what's wrong?" 

"Umm, well ... you see ... the Quidditch tryouts -" You cut the boy off in excitement. 

"You want to try out for keeper?" 

"Well ... yes ...." 

"Oh Ron that's brilliant! I'll -" 

"But I'm worried ..." 

"Worried? It's okay to be nervous Ron, I felt the same when Oliver asked me to tryout for chaser but you don't have to worry, Fred, George and I will be there -" 

"That's what I'm worried about." 

"You're worried about me? Fred? And George?" 

"Not you, just Fred and George. They'll mock me I know it -" 

"Ron I won't let them. I'll talk to them before tryouts and mark my words Ron, if I catch them trying to mock you or distract you then I'll just tip them off to Hermione and I'm sure she'll write a carefully thought out letter to your Mum." You smiled reassuringly at the boy. 

"Thanks." He returned the smile. 

"C'mon, we've got lessons to attend to." You and Ron were about to walk back into the hall when two tall twins blocked your path. You looked up slightly and made direct eye contact with the two boys. They eyed you suspiciously knowing you were definitely hiding something from the two of them. "Were you two spying on us?" 

"Us?" Fred asked.

"Spying on you?" George continued.

"Never." Fred smirked down at you. "Here's your bag, c'mon we've got Umbridge again." You groaned in annoyance at his words. You flung your bag on your shoulder and bid your goodbyes to Ron before striding over to the twins who were now far ahead of you. 

"Can you two slow down?" You huffed as you caught up with the boys. "Wait wheres Lee?" 

"There." George pointed directly in front of you. Lee was walking alongside Angelina. 

"Bloody hell he's not making a move on her again is he?" You asked. 

"Probably end up getting his heart broken." Fred said. 

"Well Fred that was very optimistic of you." 

"You know me." He winked before walking into the class room and taking his seat, you quickly followed and sat down next to him. 

Despite what happened the day before no one had acted any different towards you. Everyone believed Sirius Black was a murderer and you had told them mere hours ago that he was your Dad yet no one seemed to care much, thanfulky. It seems as if everyone else had their minds focused on Umbridge, not that you could blame them. The woman was pure evil. She pranced around like she owned the place you were sure that it was only a matter of time until your Mum 'accidently' made sure she fell down one of the staircases. 

"Good morning everyone," Umbridge said as her eyes landed on you and your freshly bandaged hand. "Now Miss McGonagall, are we going to have any trouble today? Or should I schedule a weeks detention with you now?" 

"No I think we'll be fine." You glared at the woman. 

"Excellent." She giggled before speaking again. "Wands away, you won't be needing them at all. Now, turn to page thirty-eight and start reading and answering the questions below. There will be no need to talk." She spun on her heel once she'd finished and started to make herself some tea. 

Opening your book you got to work right away, you couldn't risk another detention from her otherwise you might not be able to attend the Quidditch tryouts. Gryffindor needed their captain and you needed to be there for your team and not only them but for Ron too, who was counting on you to save him from his older brothers taughts. 

"D'you think we could mix some Puking Pastels into her tea?" Fred asked as you finished reading the section Umbridge had set. "Or some Fever Fudge?" 

"It's worth a try, how would you even manage to put anything in her tea without her knowing though?" 

"(y/n) ..." Fred leaned his head on the desk and looked up at you. "Have you ever met me?" Laughing as quietly as possible so Umbridge wouldn't hear you, you spoke again. 

"I do underestimate you at times don't I?" 

"All the time." 

"That's not true." 

"Yes it is." 

"Fine when?" 

"The exams -" 

"Yeah and who was right?" You raised your brows at him. 

"You know, I can be smart." 

"When it comes to jokes yes." 

"No -" Fred started but you cut him off before he could utter another word. 

"Fine, if you're so smart then I have a way to prove it." 

"Try me." The boy leaned closer to you as a smirk started to appear on his face. 

"If you're so smart then define the word 'idiot' but only using two words." You challenged. 

"That's easy." 

"I'm waiting." 

"Fine, an idiot is someone -"

"You've already lost." You cut him off again. 

"If you're so clever then you do it." 

"Fred Weasley." 

"What?" He asked in a confused tone. 

"Define idiot in two words: Fred Weasley." You had a smug grin on your face whereas Fred was at a loss for words. "What's wrong Freddie? Niffler got your tongue?" You giggled. 

"You remember I said that -" 

"MR WEASLEY!" At the sound of Umbridge shrieking, Fred jumped back. "Is there a reason why you feel the need to talk in my class?" 

"No Professor." Fred didn't bother arguing, after seeing what had happened to you he didn't want to be caught on Umbridge's bad side. That wasn't to say he wasn't going to get on her bad side, he just needed to make sure he wasn't caught. 

Umbridge didn't utter a word after that, she just nodded and left like nothing had ever happened. "Are you serious? If she'd caught me I'd be thrown down to the dungeons." You huffed as you finished the questions you'd been set. 

"Prehaps it's my charm or my good looks." Fred gave you a cocky grin. 

"Good looks? I thought we were talking about you not George." 

George and Lee who were currently sat behind you both heard every word and started to double over in fits of laughter. Fred gave the two boys a death glare as they tried to keep their laughter surpressed so Umbridge didn't catch them. Realising his brother and friend were now too distracted Fred leaned down slightly so his face was inches from yours. 

"You're gonna regret saying that (y/n)." He spoke darkly. 

"Oh yeah? Prove it." You challanged. Fred leaned back and spoke again. 

"In time." 

--- 

Thankfully you and the twins had managed to make it through the week without any detentions which meant you were still allowed to attend the Gryffindor Quidditch tryouts unlike Harry who was currently in detention. 

You emerged from the captains' office to address your team properly for the first time. "Listen up you lot, it's the keeper tryouts today. They're waiting for us out on the pitch. I don't want you to go too hard on them but don't go easy on them either. We'll have a team discussion at the end of the tryouts and decide who we all believe best for the role. You all can go out to the pitch now but Fred and George, I need to talk to you both before you leave." 

"Us?" Fred asked.

"Why?" George carried on.

"What about?" 

"You'll find out when everyone leaves." The rest of the team took the hint and quickly made their way outside leaving just you and the twins in the Quidditch changing rooms. 

"Now ... Ron is trying out for keeper -" 

"No way!" 

"He can't be serious -" 

"Let me finish." You glared at the two. "If either one of you ever DARE try and mock the boy, try to distract him or even think about playing a prank on him then I will send a letter to your Mum without a second thought. Do you two understand?" 

The twins looked taken back by your statement, they'd never seen you act this stern before and if they were honest, it reminded them of Hermione which scared them. 

"Yep." 

"Perfectly clear." 

"Good, now c'mon. Can't keep them waiting." The twins followed you out onto the pitch. 

"(y/n)?" Fred said. 

"Yes?" 

"Oliver's strict captain act has rubbed off onto you." He smiled as he took to the skies on the Firebolt you bought him a couple of years ago. 

You laughed at the boy before following suit to address the team. 

"Okay so, as a keeper your goal is to defend those three hoops." You pointed to the hoops that lay just behind you. "Your main worry is the chasers, they'll be flying straight at you with the quaffle so stay focused on their movements however, you may encounter a bludger. Despite it being the beaters jobs to keep the bludgers away you may get the odd one fly your way and you'll need to learn to dodge them rather fast." 

The three students including Ron looked rather nervous at your words. "But nothing to be worried about. Okay we'll start off with some drills with just the chasers, girls if you will." Katie grabbed the quaffle and lead the girls to the goal posts. "One by one I want you all to try and defend the hoops. Once you've all had a turn we'll have our beaters do a small drill with you so you can start to learn how to avoid a bludger whilst still maintaining focus on the game, understood?" 

All three of them nodded at your words. "Brillaint, okay Ron, you first." 

The tryouts went better than you had hoped for. Despite all three students not having played much they were all determined which made it even harder for you and the team to make a decision. However, you had managed to come to a final one eventually. Although he wasn't the best keeper you'd ever seen and although he needed training, you were willing to take a chance with him. 

---

You and the twins were the last to leave the pitch, which wasn't an uncommon occurrence for you all as the majority of the time you liked to play pranks on Oliver after a game. It drove him insane to the point where you thought he'd throw you all off the team but, Oliver wanted to win too much to ever let that happen. 

"Oi! McGonagall!" You and the twins were just to climb the staircase leading to the common room when Adrian Pucey called your name. 

"What do you want?" You turned around to face him. He was standing about a meter away from you with two other Slytherin boys. 

"Heard you got a new keeper ..." 

"Didn't think you were capable of doing something so complex as listening." Fred rolled his eyes.

"Be careful Weasley." 

"Just back off Adrian, you know we do. Besides, you'll probably turn up to our practices to spy on us like you always do." You shot back. 

"Why would I spy on a team as pathetic as yours?" 

"Are you forgetting our last match?" George added. 

"You cheated -" 

"Cheated?" You took a step forward. "You were the ones who tried to kill us! Because you know you can't beat us in Quidditch you need to play dirty to win!" Adrian was tired of your words. He grabbed your left hand that was still healing from Umbridge. The sudden force caused you to whine in pain which set the twins off. George pulled you back into him whereas Fred grabbed Adrian by his robes but before he could do anything Draco Malfoy came into view. 

The blonde boys' eyes darted over to you. He watched tears start to form in your eyes from the pain of your healing wound that had now been ripped open by Adrian. Draco stormed over to the Slytherin boys and shoved Fred away. 

"I thought I told you to leave her alone?" Draco said to Adrian through gritted teeth. 

"I was only asking her a question -" 

"Is that why her hand is bleeding?"

"She already had an injury -" 

"And you caused it to open again. Get out of my sight." With those words Adrian and the two other boys took off towards their common room. Draco turned slowly to face you. "Go to Madam Pomfrey, that looks painful." 

"I'll be fine." You replied. Draco knew best than to argue with you so he just nodded. 

"As you wish." With that Draco took off in the same director Adrian had. 

"Why's he such a prat?" Fred asked as the three of you watched Draco leave. 

"Which one? Adrian or Draco?" George asked. 

"Both." You muttered as you started to walk up the stairs. 

"(y/n) grab me and you and butterbeer and sit by the fire, I've got more bandages upstairs. I'll patch you up again." Fred smiled as he walked through the portrait hole. 

"Thank you Madam Pomfrey." 

"You are most welcome dear," Fred replied in a high pitched voice in an attempt to impersonate Madam Pomfrey. 

"Harry I did it! I'm keeper!" You could hear Ron yelling to Harry. You smiled to yourself as you grabbed two butterbeers and sat down by the fire waiting for Fred.

"Do you think that was the right decision?" George asked as he passed you to sit on one of the armchairs. 

"Definitely, he needs some training but we'll be able to work through that. Training starts next week and if we help one another we should be able to beat Slytherin." 

Fred had now joined you all after fetching his supplies. Like this morning he cleaned up the wound and added some ointment. You weren't really sure what ointment it was but it was yet to kill you, so you presumed it wasn't bad. Fred then started to bandage up your hand again. 

"Where did you learn to do this?" You asked as you watched him work. 

"Ginny loved to explore in the garden when she was younger, got into all sorts of trouble so one day I watched Mum patch her up and well, I started to look after her like that. Saved Mum some trouble too and I always wondered if I might need to help someone else one day." 

"Well you were right with that last point." 

"When aren't I?" He finished wrapping your hand and began to drink. "Y'know," Fred wrapped his right arm around your shoulder pulling you into his side. "you're a good captain." 

"You think?" 

"I know, Oliver would be proud of what you did today (y/n)." 

"You mean that?" 

"Every word." Smiling at the boy you leant your head on his shoulder as you watched the flames dance around the logs in the fireplace. You took in Fred's familiar scent as you sunk deeper into his side. 

"Thank you Fred."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299 0 15
harry potter x fem. reader prisoner of azkaban - deathly hallows <3 ALL OF THE CHARACTERS (APART FROM Y/N) AND THE STORYLINE BELONG TO J.K.R (I DO NO...
7.3K 177 72
Charlotte Hodges finds herself in the middle of a love triangle. One of those boys being her red-headed best friend. Then one night she found him wai...
93.5K 2.9K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
1M 31.5K 200
***Completed*** 337k words **Some 18+ content! consider this your official warning!** When Violet steps onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time...