All about my Queen - Finding...

By vysh_xo

One unforgettable night led to Inevitable meetings which involved Unspoken emotions stirring up Unavoidable f... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Q/A
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Important!
Surprise!
Wait's OVER!!

Chapter 16

928 48 1
By vysh_xo

Important!

The story is still unedited and hence some of the chapters maybe modified in the future and the context may endure slight changes but the story line remains the same. The cover is also liable to change but the title won't. I'll bring to your notice about the changes but will not disappoint you nor me. None of the contents in my story is plagiarised even though some scenes may feel familiar but understand it may be a coincidence. This is my hard work and a passionate project of mine. So no part shall be copied. The characters in this story are a figment of my imagination and I shall try to make them clear. I hope they don't disappoint you till the end so stick with them. Updates may be wavy but I will make sure you don't forget them before you reach the end. Thank you for your patience and now go ahead!

~ Love you all

Xo!

>>> Recap <<<

She's at the gala where she meets Mihan and his brother. They're both surprised by each other's presence yet very pleased. But then they try to play with other's feeling and will that get them anywhere?

...

Mihan's POV

I couldn't get away from her when I actually had to dismiss myself. It was a rare chance that I got to have her alone and I was mustering enough courage to ask her for a date. My eyes remained transfixed on her intaking the stunning woman she is. The event started to get more interesting when couples started to dance on the floor to the live orchestra. When I reached to her, who thankfully was alone watching the dance floor, my inners perked to finally have her for a dance. I approached her anxiously, which I never had for any other woman. They line up for me and I do the pleasure of fulfilling their wish but today it was different. I was nervous, damn it! My brother was already with Megha who had to be his date for tonight which he absolutely hated yet he's my brother and esteemed dignitary so he has to have a date and it just happens to be her.

As I got closer, I saw how her face was troubled and I swallowed the agitation caused by her expression and cleared my throat. "Will you dance with me?" I asked her. Her eyes sharply shifted to mine and as if she was contemplating the question, she remained silent for a moment. "Um...will you?" As if she got out of the trance, she shook her head and tried to smile. I was on cloud nine when she uttered 'yes' and I didn't waste time and led her to the site where others were dancing as well. She took my shoulder and my hand while I positioned my palm on her small waist. We commenced our slow movements as we glided to the music that filled the room in silence. More couples joined the floor and it became so peaceful. Her eyes didn't meet mine for long as it remained descended to my chest as we moved. "You really look so pretty and... Thanks for accepting my request" I smiled as she averted her gorgeous pupils to mine. If this moment was a dream, I would never want to be awoken. If this was real, I would want this to never end. I felt like I was the happiest man on earth and I couldn't contain it as I reflected into our dance, swirling her and swaying back and forth giddy with the newly bubbled emotions.

Third person's POV

The symphony filled the hall with excited hearts and minds that took rhythmic steps so effortlessly, so foolishly blinding their eyes for once tonight; to escape the dark times that fill the days; wearing them out with the worldly worries. But no one could see the tension that resided in two hearts that bled purposely for each other.

Though their bodies wear restricted to others, their souls were craving to reach for their true desires. The dance continued as they moved, only for their eyes to be fixed on other-than their partners.

The movements became more sluggish to the last part of the melody and then it happened. The time ceased for no one but her as she watched the horror that she dreaded to happen before her

When Megha kissed V, she died a million times. Petrified in her state, Mihan couldn't understand when she froze for a moment. He couldn't decipher what was happening as he still faced her holding her in his arms.

A whole new rush of emotions created havoc in her that she sought a release. On the other hand, V was shocked too and just as he whipped his head to gain her sight, she disappeared.

Mihan was confused but he followed her, running behind as she took off with a speed that she only had. Tears choked her throat and clogged her eyes as she reached the entrance for some air. She felt suffocated and it was hard to take in the least bit of air that she thought existed. She was hurt, it took everything in her to witness their closeness but the kiss was something unexpected. V might have taken it too far but only he didn't know for himself that it would happen. He followed suit after she left as his mind and his inner beast went crazy to find her.

Meanwhile, Mihan was able to stop her but only she didn't turn and show him her face. She was holding it in which was so difficult for her.

"Are you alright?" His voice was full of concern and worry. He was even trembling with anxiety.

She took a deep breath and lifted her head to threaten the welled up tears from falling. If she survives this out, she's definitely going to be proud of herself.

"You're scaring me. What happened?" He tried to turn her and when he did, he was shocked to see her gleaming eyes. She managed to conceal the pooled up tears yet the slight evidence still remained behind. She quickly averted her gaze uttering, "I'm fine, just...felt a little suffocating"

He didn't buy that obviously. He knew somehow that she wasn't herself like the one he saw when the event started. It troubled him to be kept behind the barrier that she had built so he did what a sane person could've done. He pulled her into a hug surprising her and himself. She was taken back but then she needed it more than anything then. Her dam broke and she clenched his suit and wept silently.

V had indeed followed them out and when they came into his view, hugging each other, he lost it. If only he were a volcano, he would've burnt the whole perimeter. His anger reeked off his features and yet he couldn't move his feet.

Those broken hearts ached for what they themselves took upon. It shouldn't have been this way yet neither knew the other way or maybe they are too haughty to take it.

Her POV

It placated me as I took my time to crumple the mental image of his brother and the woman he kissed. While the scar had formed, I ignored it and pulled myself apart from Mihan. "Thank you..." I whispered awkwardly not meeting his eyes. "Anytime" he shrugged simply as we stood in silence for another embarrassing minute.

"So...can I drop you home or...you wanna go back in?" For the second time, he asked me such a question and I'm more thankful to him than the other time. I need to go home. "If you don't mind, please drive me home," I sniffed for which he brightened immediately and we both waited for the valet to bring his car. I sent a quick text to Elena so that she'll not get worried about me unnecessarily.

The whole ride was silent but I felt really guilty to have him dragged from the party.

"The event was so good, right? You attend it every year?" I initiated the conversation and he turned his head to me. "Ugh...no. This was my first time. I do get the invitation but then, I leave such events to my brother"
He grinned. He looked happy and charismatic always and I get to notice it well now. He'll always try to make the awkward situation better and I really appreciate it. Such a person, how can he be his brother?

"Unlike me, he does the business part and the socializing part very well and I guess I have to learn a lot" he continued humbly degrading himself.

"I think... You're fine in your own way. Sometimes it's better not to copy others or to trail their path instead create our own" I didn't know why I said it but it just occurred to my mind.

Mihan gave me a calculating look followed by a chuckle that made me laugh too. We talked freely then. He made me feel at ease somehow when he kept the conversation alive with his timely humour and the stories of his youth. We reached my apartment soon enough and I was about to get out before which I said "I really enjoyed your company. You're a charmer, I accept it"

"Anything you say, Goldfish" it faltered my action from getting out of the car. I turned to him confused by the new out-of-nowhere nickname.

"Huh? Goldfish? Where did that come from?"

He grinned and took a deep breath before answering "Because you're wearing a gold dress and also you've become so special to me, a good friend that I ranted everything to, just like the real goldfish I had during my childhood which...unfortunately left me one day. But I guess this Goldfish won't leave me?"
He raised a neat black eyebrow genuinely waiting for my reply. It puzzled me at the same time excited me. There's no logic behind his story though and also this is the second time we met and he didn't rant. But do I need some logic to name someone? Not at all!

"Hmm... Interesting. I've never known a person who could give a nickname within their second meet. But yeah, I accept it as it is not insulting rather intriguing. See you Mihan, Thank you"
I closed the door as he waved me bye. "Good night Gold-fish!"

"Good night Mihan"

He didn't drive away till I disappeared from his view and as soon I waved him my hand, he returned it with a big smile and moved away. With each step I took on the stairs, small pieces of my heart broke rethinking everything that happened.

...

The night was even more horrible as the scenes continued to torture me that I woke up crying in the midst of the night. Why did I meet him? I thought he had broken his promise that he wouldn't touch me when he actually kissed me last week in the trial room. But then I was super angry that I let him cloud my sanity. I totally had forgotten who he really is. Even when I knew he had slept with so many women in his past yet I let him close to me, invade my senses. It is my fault entirely that I shouldn't have escalated things so far that it hurts me like this now. Watching him touch another woman was an agony.

Why do I feel this devastated? We're not committed to each other nor do we know about each other! I should stop this at once taking tonight's events as a signal for my fucking mind to throw him out of my system. Will I be able to do that? I'll try. I won't give up.

.

.

.

The next morning I woke up really late and I had to take a day off which actually does no good to my salary but right now my mental state didn't care for such things. My head was aching so badly and I decided to brew some coffee. Right when I switched on the coffee maker, my phone chimed in with a message.

Good morning Goldfish! Have a great day!
~M ;-)

I smiled instantly eyeing the words. Coming to think of it, I didn't know when I gave him my number but it would have been yesterday night in the car when we were actually conversing like we were some old buddies reunited. I quickly texted him that I wasn't going to work and immediately got a reply.

***

I waited for him down my apartment casually wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Mihan said he'll be here in five minutes but it's been more than 15 minutes that I had been waiting awkwardly greeting my apartment people as they passed by me.

"Argh...where is he?" I muttered already irritated. He pulled over after another five minutes and got down. "I'm really sorry. Shall we go?" He asked and I nodded getting into the passenger seat.

"Okay! Breakfast here we come!" He rubbed his palms as if to produce heat and started the car and sped off to the main road. I glanced at his attire as he was wearing a cardigan and a white plain shirt looking so handsome.

"What is your plan for the future?" I asked still staring at him who was whistling a tune. He turned to me and removed his shades. "Where did that come from?" He asked chuckling. "Just to know...because I can say that you can have a bright future in modeling," I said casually and turned back to the front to watch the road ahead.

"Do you really think so?" He asked slightly surprised by my confession. "Mm-mm" I hummed. He shook his head laughing and I raised my eyebrow at him confused.

"What's there to laugh? That was a compliment and you should know that I don't give it to many... consider yourself lucky" I said lifting my chin a little to prove my point. His grin reduced to a beautiful smile.

"Thank you Goldfish. I'm really honored" he bowed his head with one hand to his chest and I laughed. "But I guess I really have another plan in my mind," he said. The traffic came to a stop when the red signal turned on. "Why?"

He slightly tilted his body to face me and I too did the same curiously. "I've always been admiring one person in my life that I didn't even realize it until recently. He's been so kind enough to accept me and my mother at such an young age and never let us down. He's really hard-working but... sometimes a little overbearing" he rolled his eyes at the end but I was starstruck by his words. Who is he talking about?

"So even before I could get advice about my future, I decided that I should follow his footsteps. He never judges me unlike others and the best teacher I can ever get" the green light signaled us to go ahead and he did jerking the car forward. His smile didn't fade away and it was so genuine that I was actually jealous that he had such a person in his life.

"Who's that person Mihan?" I asked curiousity perking up. The car was parked in a free lot but I didn't care where we were because I was still staring at him for an answer.

"Come Goldfish, let's go get fat!" He said climbing out of the car. "Wow! Look here! They have offers!" I set my foot out and shouted out. "As if you care" I scoffed thinking 'Rich men'.

We had a really delicious mouthwatering breakfast at this place whose name wasn't rolling well in my tongue. Anyway, it was so much fun with him that I almost forgot about whatever happened to me in the last 24 hours. He brought me back to my place saying that he had to go to the office. "Have an awesome day! Fighting!" I showed my fist up in Korean style. I've been talking to him about my fantasies with the Korean heroes and he was just mocking me. He was so free to talk, comment, and pour your worries and he did the same. "Bye Goldfish" he waved bye and I hopped in with glee.

After that, I just cleaned the house for the rest of the day to keep myself occupied. The more I tried to ignore whatever happened yesterday, the deeper it got rooted in my memory. The fact that their family had so many different characters confused me. Dhruvi was completely spoiled but then she's so good when it comes to her personality. Mihan seems to be friendly too and I really feel comfortable with him but him? I couldn't compare him with anyone because I never let any guy into my life to this point that I feel hurt. It's just baffling me how intricately he crept into my being. Was all this emotion I feel for him just not worth or does this mean something?
Will I pass this phase before drowning completely?

_______________________________________

So yeah... There was a third person's POV in this chapter. It's because I wanted to explain it well about how the things happened simultaneously. I couldn't fit it into either of the protagonist's pov or maybe I'll do that later while editing. I hope you guys understood how things played out...? I know you did! You guys are so damn intelligent! ;-)

Just wanna apologize for any grammatical errors because I'm trying to update soon and claim every line noval and mine. So if you come across any errors, notify me.

Happy December for you and your loved ones ❣

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 30.8K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
321K 12.4K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...
194K 12.5K 45
The most sacred words for the couple getting married should have been, "I now pronounce you husband and wife." It wasn't for them, though. All it too...