Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds

64.6K 2.2K 614
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 28:You Were From Two Different Worlds or To Have The Scripted Lover

I know this chapter will be a bit confusing(Its suppose to be) but don't worry, things will be cleared up throughout the rest of the story don't worry. OMG You guys exceeded the expectations with the comments on last chapter THANK YOU!!! Let's get over 400comments! PLEASE! COMMENT AND VOTE!

"Let's have some new cliches."-Samuel Goldwyn

"Falling in love, romance, matters of the heart - when you fall in love, on some biochemical level you know there is a chance it won't work out. It's ingrained in us that if you take such an enormous risk on someone with your heart that it might not pay off. I gamble all my chips and I might actually lose everything."-Rachael Taylor

December’s Pov.

I kicked and scratched and screamed, flailing my arms every way I could, biting if I could but it was no use. They had turned off the lights of the building causing various screams to go off on the ice skating floor and in the seating part where my friends were probably sitting worried.

“Shut the fuck up,” The guy holding me hissed rolling his eyes. I tried biting his hand but the thick gloves he wore were hard to penetrate with my incisors. He tied my hands together with much struggle on both our behaves.

I screamed again but he had his hand in my mouth so it came out muffled. All my tries were for naught.

They managed to get me outside, I could see the lights cut back on and smell the Californian air. I was literally thrown into the back of a van. A girl with light blonde hair duct taped my mouth and rolled me to where I was sitting up and glaring at her face. She had bright red lipstick on and her hair tied into a neat bun with a bored look on her face.

“That was easy,” she said rolling her eyes as if I was a waste of time. “Why are we doing this again?”

“My brother’s in love with this girl and she’s our ticket to getting him.” Ryan replied in the driver’s seat. The guy who threw me was in the passenger’s seat fiddling with the radio.

“I don’t see the hype,” She rolled her eyes again and I glared at her.

“You’re just salty that Hunter never wanted you Isabella.” The guy who threw me laughed finally leaning back into his chair. He had dark hair that brushed his ears a bit. He looked clean but he had that tough look.

“Shut it,” She hissed. “I could’ve got him if he didn’t get on that ‘I wanna be a good boy so I’m too good for this group’ shit.”

I rolled my eyes because like Tristan said, Hunter truly liked me rather I wanted to believe it or not.

I was scared—that was an understatement. I was petrified, horrified, spooked, and terror-stricken really. I didn’t understand their purpose and I don’t think I ever will even if they explained it to me.

She saw me roll my eyes and she sneered, “What bitch? You think I’m better than I am and for him because you have the life he wants? But guess what, Hunter never sticks around a girl after he gets what he wants from her.”

For some odd reason—don’t ask me why. But I knew that was a lie. Something in the months I’ve been with Hunter, something told me to have faith in who he was. He’s never given me any reason not to trust him. He’s given me every reason to trust him even though he was the one to put me in this situation.

Trust. It was such a simple word but is the hardest thing to do wholeheartedly.

But I did and it was with someone most people wouldn’t trust.  I trusted Hunter with everything I had because he was my best bet, but also because he’s shown me that he could be trusted. Hunter did nothing to me but show me that everyone was wrong about him; that I was wrong about him. And I wanted him to find me and hold me; to tell me that everything was going to be alright.

The bunny and the snake crossed my mind again, but I still had no idea how that had anything to do with the situation at hand.

We drove for a while longer before pulling up to a warehouse. It had in large lettering ‘PROP. 52’ and it was pretty big. What were they going to do with me? Torture me? Isabella looked like she wanted to.

When they pulled up to the front Ryan pulled the car to a stop and they all got out including Isabella who was in the back with me. No one came around to get me for several seconds so I broke out in a run. I had no idea where I was or where I was going, but it was better to die trying to get away then to be tortured. I pushed my legs as hard as I could before I was tacked by a female figure that pushed me down with a little more force than she actually needed to.

“Stop harming her, Isabella. Stop being jealous,” Ryan spoke dryly before he yanked me up by arms and pulling me in the direction of the warehouse that I so desperately tried to get away from.

He pulled me through the front doors into a nice looking place. It was fully furnished a bit cold though, the floors were concrete but there were rugs everywhere and the living room was fully decked out to the side. He pulled me through a door that led to a small room that had a chair in the middle of it with a light hanging above it. The heat hit me in face harder than I’ve ever experienced and this was California were talking about. I saw the heater on the side of the room blasting full force and I was confused on its purpose.

My hands were tied to the back of the wooden chair, my hair unwillingly pulled back into a ponytail on the back of my head and my legs tied by rope onto the legs of the chair. I was sweating profusely, so badly I was dripping sweat. Obviously they never heard of air conditioning.

The room was fully concrete and the walls were a gray color too. Ryan threw his shirt off and climbed on top of the dryer sitting cross-legged.

I was already started to sweat—having dressed fully for a winter because of the ice skating. I swear it was starting to feel like I was going to have a heat stroke and die from it.

“Oh,” he laughed a little before calling for a guy named Kalian.

It turned out to be the guy who threw me, “You cackled?” He asked with a bored look on his face.

“I don’t want her to pass out; she needs to hear this first. Take off her jackets.” Ryan replied leaning closer to the wall that I assumed was cooler.

“Fuck, this room is hot.” Kalian complained before ripping my jackets off roughly and practically running out of the room to escape the heat.

“Ya know, I don’t understand what you see in my brother, but I mean, I can see what he sees in you. I mean he’s always wanted the innocent types but he didn’t attract those ones.” He jumped off the washing machine and walked around me. “Obviously you can tell by Isabella’s obvious infatuation with him.”

I was scared, but not just of Ryan and what was about to happen. But because out of this whole thing. I wanted one person and one person only; he very person who put me into this mess. Hunter.

“Matter of fact! I think I remember him mentioning you when we were younger. Cute little December. See back then he actually listened to me when I told him you were from two different worlds.” He laughed loudly a smile that looked too much like Hunter’s appearing on his face.

“Ya know our dad’s out there tweaking somewhere. He was an idiot. But we had such a dedicated mom. She kept taking the idiot back—dumb is what I thought that was.” He seemed to be rambling if anything.

“I’m going to kill Hunter,” he said abruptly and my eyes widen and started to water trying to break out of my bindings. I didn’t know he was saying that to just get to me.

“Ha, why would I kill my most prized possession? I was joking calm down. But I mean I’ve learned one thing. You’re in love with him aren’t you?” He walked in front of me, slightly pacing. My heart felt like it was going to beat right out of my chest and I was praying that Hunter would come get me.

“He actually got the girl he wants to love him,” He laughed as if this was one big comedy special. “The hilarity sweetheart, you just need to understand. I broke him, he use to be such a baby and our mom babied him. She fed him a whole bunch of bullshit about love but I made sure that he saw the truth. Look at our parents I told him; look at how that ‘love’ turned out. As we got older and our dad stopped coming home, the little shit finally realized.” He was telling me this to make me hate Hunter but I think that was impossible at this point.

“You know he lied to you right?”

This caught my attention because from my knowledge Hunter has been nothing but truthful to me. “Ah, caught your attention with that one huh? There’s more to that vendetta that your Uncle has with him. Ask him about that. Ask Reylor about those scars she has running down the outside of arm starting from her shoulder. Do you even know anything about the group you’ve made ‘friends' with? Ask them about their pasts?”

He bent down and whispered in my ear, “Little innocent December should’ve listened to her Uncle. He was just trying to protect you.” He stood back up and walked back around to stand in front of me.

He leaned down to my level “See my brother is falling right into my plans. I’m gonna let you go, for now. But you’ll see me again. I’m going to take you home. Put you into your room. You’re not going to call him for at least an hour. Then you’re safe. But my brother will have some thinking time—not telling you how long or what it’s for. But he understands. Besides I can’t keep you too long and have your meddling ass Uncle in my hair now can we?” He turned towards the door.

“Isabella? Punch her in the face then we’ll be ready to go. Make sure it’s hard. We want a bruise.” He walked out of the room and the girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes smirked at me.

“Give me a little motivation,” she asked.

“Hunter’s in love with her and he’ll never be in love with you.” He replied and her eyes fueled with anger. He blue eyes could’ve been red for all I knew, the lit up before she punched me in the face.

It hurt more than anything I’ve ever experienced I could tell you that much. The tears ran down my face like a faucet and I couldn’t stop them no matter how much I wanted to be brave and strong. I wasn’t that girl. This wasn’t a situation I’ve never been in.

I thought I wanted to go home and be cuddled up with Hunter. It made me even regret ever saying anything to him for spilling my chips that day. I gasped a little bit of air from my crying already feeling my cheek swell.

They thought it was safe to untie me because I was basically weak and defenseless—Kalian told me. I waited till they untied me and swung at the blonde effectively hit her in the nose causing her to fall back into the wall her nose gushing blood.

“Owww” I cried my hand bruising from the hit that I was obviously not made for. That caused Ryan to grab me roughly and yank me to the van. “Someone help Isabella.” He rolled his eyes while Kalian chuckled.

He tied my hands up again and chuckled under his breath “Well you got one hell of a punch.”

I was dripping sweat, I was musty, and I smelled of strong onions as if my deodorant was nothing for that heat in that room. My hair that once was straightened was now curly and clumped to my face and all around my head. It might as well have been wet that’s how sweat it was.

He pulled down the street from my house and he made me trek through the backyards till we were at my backyard. He pushed me to my steps. “Do as I say.” He replied before disappearing into the dark.

When I was sure he was gone I picked up the spare key and opened my door expecting to see or hear my parents but instead a dark home welcomed me.

I turned on the lights of the kitchen to find a note saying that they had went out to dinner with friends. It was for the better anyway. They would call my Uncle and I was sure nothing he would do would help. I would be sent to a boarding school or a convent.

I took a shower trying to get the thoughts running through my head out. He never harmed me—well Isabella punching me, but I think that was more out of jealousy and that Ryan thought it would be funny, than him wanting to torture me.

I felt like I should be more shocked more feeling like a scared victim. But I didn’t. I was scared yes, but not like traumatized scared—I got a lecture. It wasn’t really what I was expecting.

After I was cleansed, I pulled on my robe and sat in the corner of my room for the next hour before calling Hunter. The emotion didn’t really hit me until I dialed and he picked up "Hunter," I whimpered.

“DECEMBER! DECEMBER WHERE ARE YOU?” He hollered and I could hear the screech of the tires.

“Hunter please—please come to my room. I need you” I cried whispering the last part into my phone. I could literally hear him dropped the phone in his lap and the car speeding on the road. I held the phone to my ear listening to the wheels screech comforting me till he arrived.

When he burst open my bedroom door he ran to me scoping me up in his arms and holding me tightly.

“I’m so sorry December. I’m so sorry,” he repeated until he kissed me passionately only breaking the kiss because he felt my tears. Only I didn’t want him to stop, I needed this; wanted this.

He sat me down on the bed and just stood in front if me watching me. “Did they hurt you?” He whispered his hand light cupping my face I flinched away from his touch and his eyes narrowed before he turned on the lamp getting a good look at my cheek.

His face blanked and he got up and started walking towards the door. I bound out of my bed and grabbed his arm.

“I need you. And going to fight him wouldn’t be smart. Think Hunter. Don’t let your anger push you.” The tenseness in his arms started to fade a little at my touch, “the bitch punched me in the face! They didn’t harm me other than that. Your brother did give me a lecture though.”

“Who punched you,” he managed to get out through gritted teeth. I pulled him by his arm back to my bed and he allowed me.

“Some blonde named Isabella? I think she was jealous that you’re always around me.” I shrugged, “If it’s any consolation I did punch her in face and make her nose bleed.” That caused a small smile to break through his grim face and he hugged me abruptly not letting go for a while and I just let him.

***

My friends literally didn’t let me out alone or be alone for the rest of our Holiday break, they hounded over me, and taking turns on who would watch me. Like literally Peter or Jeremy or Cj would post in the guest bedroom—which they un so kindly broke into so that they could hear in case I was taken.

Reylor knew who punched me and immediatley wanted to go whoop her ass saying that "Isabella was always a fucking bitch." To which everyone in the group nodded to. Anna would barely leave my side and Cj used the best of his doctoring abilities to help my face. It took about a week and a half for the swelling to go down and for the bruise to heal—she didn't punch me very hard.

It didn't sit well with Hunter that Kalian was there. I don't know his deal with the guy but he was really tense about it. Like even more tense then he was with Dalon. Kalian went nowhere near me during the hour I was there other than to take off my jackets or throw me in the van. That was pretty much our only interaction. Oh and his laugh when I punched Isabella in the face. Reylor smiled when I told her that and Jeremy high-fived me.

Tristan always slept on my windowsill seat—Anna and him being sickly annoying when she was with him, to where I had to go sleep in the guest bedroom on many occasions.

It was the last week before break when they finally let up and everything was going back to normal. They were more hurt about it than I was.

“We know Hunter and December has something going on," Reylor observed looking at her nails. "Despite her obvious denial" She waved her hand flippantly before pointing her fingers at them "but what’s with you two?” She was pointing at Tristan and Anna.

“We kissed accidentally—the day that we came over here acting weird when Hunter was hurt. It was like heat of the moment type of thing. Then it was a little weird ever since then till we kind of fell together rather than apart.” Anna shrugged picking some of the paint out of her nails.

“Weird, especially because Tristan’s a total dickhead.” Reylor tossed in carelessly causing Tristan to glare at her.

“Get your sister Cj before I do.” He basically pouted.

“Ahn you can have her,” Cj replied casting them a glance before Reylor pounced on her brother pulling at his face. She clawed him like an attacking Koala bear.

“REY get the fuck off me!” He yelled causing Jeremy and Peter to erupt into giggles.

Hunter walked through my doors carrying pizza and it smelled heavenly.

“I brought some good stuff,” He spoke kicking the door closed with his foot.

We were about five minutes into our pizza everyone quiet, just enjoying their food when all of their heads except Anna and I’s, flipped towards the door and window.

It was completely silent as my Uncle’s police car pulled up, then they all jumped into action. It was literally creepy how silent and quick their movements were. They all took their pizzas with them and I pushed the plates into the pizza box and Anna and I stayed sitting on the floor in the living room. Reylor stayed with us and I just assumed that means she’s never met my Uncle so she was fine. The rest of the boys disappeared in a blink of an eye, but I knew they were around. That gave the walls have eyes a more literal meaning.

The door opened with my Uncle talking on the phone not noticing us. “Yeah he’s a pain in the ass if anything. Him and his—no! She’s perfectly content on innocence. She’ll listen because—oh here she is I’ll call you later.” When he noticed Anna and I, he looked shocked to see Reylor.

“Hey, Niecey. Who’s your friend?” He asked gesturing to Reylor.

“I’m Reylor. Are you a crooked cop?” She asked abruptly and I heard a coughed laugh in the distance causing me to break out in a fake coughing fit to cover it up.

My Uncle had a confused look on his face; I looked up and pursed my lips “I might be coming down with something.”

“You look familiar? Do I know you from somewhere?” He asked her, just like a cop trying to deter the conversation.

“That, doesn’t matter unless I’m going to the station. Does it?” Then she got up and skipped into the kitchen leaving my confused.

“What?” Then he shook his head and mumbled something about the ‘youth of today’. “Well I just came to check up on you since your parents left again yesterday.

“Well I’m fine! Bye” I waved and practically shoved him out of there. He chuckled and I waved until his police car disappeared down the street.

The boys came out of there hiding places which was various places in the living room that I could even try to explain how they hid there.

I put my hand on my hip, “Who laughed?”

“I can already tell you,” Reylor started as she came out of the kitchen, “that was definitely my brother. He laughs in serious situations all the time.”

“Actually that wasn’t me this time!” Cj quickly defended.

“That was me,” my eyes almost popped out of my head at Tristan’s admittance.

***

Digging deeper was part of life. Whether I wanted to or not, I was going to have to. I had figure out the possibilities of my situation and myself.

My knight in shining armor wasn’t all that the storybooks tell you to hope for. They wanted you to have the scripted lover who told you all the things you wanted to hear. Who was perfect in every single way. Who, with a snap of his fingers could make your wildest dreams come true. But this was real life. That wasn’t going to happen.

But he was something I’ve never imagined would become somewhat my “knight”. He was different in every conceivable way than how I pictured the guy I would give all my affections to would be like. And at first I hated the idea—I didn’t, I didn’t know how to come to terms that someone so un-perfect could be so perfect.

Hunter and I were arguing right now and I was thinking about how much I liked him. If only he knew.

“Can’t you see that I don’t just want to use you?” Hunter asked but it was more of a plea. “I’ve had multiple chances to take your virginity or have heavy makeout sessions, when you wanted me to but I didn’t.”

 “You didn’t have multiple chances it’s only if I want you to.” He gave me a dry disbelieving look.

“Okay so you’re trying to say I couldn’t have had sex with you at the concert? Or that time were stuck in your room. Or that time—”

“Okay you’ve made your point. But why Hunter why haven’t you?”

“Because obviously I like you more than you realize.”

“Okay so you want me now? Then you can have me Hunter. It’s all you’ve been asking for.”

“You’re vulnerable and I would never take advantage of you. I will be with you in that way when when you’re truly ready and I’ll be the judge of that.”

“Hunter we’re not even dating.”

“But we’re close. Doesn’t matter January, we’re closer than any normal couple and I can give you the title if that what you truly want.” He smirked and looked outside his window. We were in his bedroom and he was on his bed reading a book while I was on his computer looking at YouTube videos.

To say that I was actually tempted to take him up on that offer was something that I was truly terrified about.

But then I remembered something. My dream, Ryan, Hunter, and Ryan’s threat, my Uncle all had one thing in common.

Time's been ticking, hearts are runnin' think that Cupid's up to somethin'. You asked me how I feel, I say nothin' but lately color seems so bright And the stars light up the night. My feet they feel so light I'm ignoring all the signs I keep on frontin', yeah I stay bluffin' I keep you wonderin' Keep you huntin' for my lovin'. But I crave us huggin'. Yeah I stay starvin' Cause I can't admit that you got got all the strings. And know just how to tug 'em./I think I'm in love again (My head, yeah you're in my head)./I didn't think that it would be true. Let alone that it would be you. I think I'm in love again And we go for early brunches that turn into late lunches. And we ain't gotta label, we're just rollin' with the punches. I make fun of you belly and tell you do some crunches. And you say "yeah well your ass juggles, go and do some lunges" I say "fuck you" while I'm thinking of you as my husband. I think I'm in love-Kat Dahlia, I Think I'm In Love

Two Worlds Collide-Demi Lovato also fits.

 What is that thing that those things all have in common? What do you think Ryan wants of Hunter? How do you think Ryan feels about his brother? Remember December's dream--what did it mean? What do you think is Ryan's plan? Did you like December and Ryan's scene and what you learned? Did you like the end of this chapter?

Dont worry December's not forgetting about the whole situation with Ryan--it'll be addressed. This story will prob be about 40+ chapters or so in legnth so it's a while away from the end. Over 400 comments please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 286 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
248K 8.3K 33
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
180K 4.7K 33
Skylar and Damon are two different kind of people. Damon is a player and Skylar is a good girl. She isn't an innocent girl like most may expect but s...
231K 4.5K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...