That's The World?!『A Hetalia...

By konatalove

Memories of a past life, voices in my head, and a world of war and family awaiting me. Am I ready for this? P... More

Chapter 1~ Time Capsule
Chapter 2~ New Home
Chapter 3~ HERO!
Chapter 4~ It's Raining, It's Pouring
Chapter 5~ The Voices...
Chapter 6~ Tiny Box Tim
Chapter 7~ The Toy Soldier
Chapter 8~ The Holy Netflix
Chapter 9~ Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
Chapter 10~ Santa Clause Is Coming To Town
Chapter 10.5~ Thank you
Chapter 11~ Oh, Canada~!
Chapter 11.5~ Fan Art
Chapter 12~ Mattie!
Chapter 13~ BIRDIE!
Chapter 14~ Wonder If I...
Chapter 15~ She came back
Chapter 17~ Weakness
Chapter 18~ My First Drink
Chapter 19~ Lovesick Pt. 1
Chapter 20~ Lovesick Pt. 2
Chapter 21~ Lovesick Pt. 3
Chapter 22~ Lovesick Pt. 4 『Final』
Chapter 23~ Not My Day
Chapter 24 (26)~ Cody was here!
Chapter 25~ Poof! :3
Chapter 26~ Want Some Rice Barrs?
Chapter 27~ My Dress
Chapter 28~ The Day The Earth Split
Chapter 29~ In Another Life
Chapter 30~ I Miss You
Chapter 31~ First Time
Chapter 32~ Your Soul Mate
Chapter 33~ Canadian Please!
Chapter 34~ Suprise!
Chapter 35~ Dying Of Embarrassment
Chapter 36~ Nature Child
Chapter 37~ I Can See Clearly Now
Chapter 38~ Sunshine, Sunset
Chapter 39~ Underneath The Starry Sky
Chapter 40~ Kitty
Chapter 41~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 1
Chapter 42~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 2
Chapter 43~ Haru Matsuri Pt. 3 『Final』
Chapter 44~ Grateful Love
Chapter 45~ Selfish
Chapter 46~ My Side Of The Story
Chapter 47~ I love...
Chapter 48~ Aishiteru yo
Chapter 49~ Kimiko And Coming Home
Chapter 50~ Never Fear, The HERO Is Here!
Chapter 51~ Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter 52~ Something Lost, Something Gained
Chapter 53~ Pokétalia
Chapter 54~ The Secret Pt. 1
Chapter 55~ The Secret Pt. 2
Chapter 56~ The Secret Pt. 3『Final』
Chapter 57~ Sexual Awakening
Chapter 58~ Extended Summer
Chapter 59~ Pitiful, Right?
Chapter 60~ My Brother Is Fucking Awesome
Chapter 61~ An Urgent Message
Chapter 62~ Insanity
Chapter 63~ You Are My Everything
Chapter 64~ Never Letting Go
Chapter 65~ Smile For Me
Chapter 66~ You've Changed Me
Chapter 67~ To Protect The One You Love
Chapter 68~ Where Am I? Who Am I?
Chapter 69~ My love for you is...
Chapter 70~ Around The World
Chapter 71~ Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 72~ Battle Of The Dark
Chapter 73~ Come Home, Don't Fight
Chapter 74~ Cute, Aru!/C'est Ma Fille
Chapter 74.5 ~ November 13, 2015
Chapter 75~ To Keep You Safe
Chapter 76~ I'm Fine Pt. 1
Chapter 77~ I'm Fine Pt. 2
Chapter 78~ I'm Fine Pt. 3
Chapter 79~ I'm Fine Pt. 4 『Final』
Chapter 80~ Oh, So Spoopy
Chapter 81~ ȏȗя ṅѧṃє ıṡ ᴅıṡċȏяԀ/Together At Last
Chapter 81.5~ Please Read

Chapter 16~ Warm Me

109 8 17
By konatalove

5:00 AM

This crisp cold Canadian air doesn't affect me like it would to a mortal human or country. Since water is all around us, I can quickly adapt to any temperature. If you haven't guessed already, it's me, AC. But since kona-chan still hasn't released my description, I will. So listen closely.

The fierce wind whips through my short baby blue hair as I trek through the snow. The snowflakes just won't stop falling; twinkling off my gray eyes. I don't even feel a soft touch when it falls on my pale skin. I'm stuck in my white gown with a red ribbon tied around my neck, I can't change them since I don't have Olivine's power. My bare feet immediately sink into the snow with each step I take. My chibi form makes me look innocent and pure, even though I am neither of those things.

There, now I don't have to murder her...

Anyways, I found myself wandering through this forest. I'm not sure why my feet brought me here, I just got a feeling. Usually my premonition is always right, so I've learned to trust it. The trees here all copy each other as I venture deeper in the maze. Everything seems quiet too, but this silence is so loud that irritates my senses.

Abruptly, I came upon an appalling stench. It smelled so horrid that I almost wanted to leave. Although, I know this scent... I know it all too well. Someone, or something, has died.

Then I found the source, and it took my breath away. Olivine was leaning against a tree with blood spattered all over her large T-shirt. Her once brown and partly green hair was whiter than the fallen snow. A few feet away from her was a sick mess of rainbow colored bile, tainted with blood. My heart almost stopped at the thought, the thought of loosing my love for a second time.

"Please... no please... no..." I panicled as I ran over to her side. I sat on my knees in the snow and checked her for a pulse.

"Please just be dormant, please just be dormant, please just be dormant!" I whisper-shouted.

I waited, and waited, and waited. But I felt nothing, not even a slight movement in her blood flow. I don't believe it but... I think... no, I can't think that way. This used to happen all the time, she must be dormant, she has to be!

"I know you're not as strong as you were before, but you're stronger than this..." I mutter under my breath, cupping her face with my hands. "Hey, Olivine wake up. Olivine it's me, Cody. I know you don't remember me but... it's okay. You can wake up now. Please... I beg you..." I pleaded, waiting for a response.

But nothing happened. The snow kept falling, the trees stood tall, the wind kept blowing. I gazed at her beautiful face, it may have cuts from the wind, but she's still beautiful in my eyes. The one under her right eye was still there, reminding me of that time... that unexplainable time.

"Olivine... fuck, fuck, fuck... what do I do?!" I whisper-shouted again, on the verge of crying.

"Don't cry Cody, Canada's surrounded by three different seas, it'll drown." I tell myself. "But what do I do? Fuck, fuck, fuck..." I cursed until it had no meaning.

However, an idea rang in my head. Heaven forbid that I do this, but love can make a person do crazy things. I took one last look at her lifeless body, then I closed my eyes, leaned in, and wishfully kissed her bloodstained lips. I let it linger for a few seconds more before I pulled away.

Then I waited. For a light, for a breath, for a glimmer of hope. But to my worst fear, I got no response.

"Your story just begun... There's so much you're supposed to do... You still have things to learn, people to meet, and places to go. I promised to always look after you and... I... I failed. I've failed you..." I immediately pulled her limp body into mine and held her close. I held her tighter as tears began to swell up in my eyes.

And I sat there, in the cold, holding my fallen love. She doesn't remember me, but I will always remember her. The snow kept falling as if nothing even happened. It masked the fact that a girl was tortured by her other self, to the point of death. At least now, she won't be hurting anyone else anymore.

Memories of her traits flashed in my mind as I tried to register what just happened. I saw her curious face, her eyes of many shades, and her glorious smile, the one that always makes me smile back. I heard her adorable childish laugh, her angelic singing voice, her... voice...

"H-Help..."

I can still hear her voice now.

"M-Me..."

And it's... close?

I held her at arms length and looked at her face. Shes's... she's... ALIVE?! She was dormant this whole time?!

"Pl-Please..."

"Olivine! You scared m--"

"W-Who... a-are... y-you? Wh-Where... a-are... y-you?..." She said in a raspy breath.

All things aside, that's when I noticed her eyes. They were a grayish white color, looking for a target to lock onto. She can't see anything when her eyes are like this, she must be so scared.

"I'm right in front of you," I say as I place my hands on her shoulders. "I don't have much time again, and I still can't tell you my name. But I'll give you a hint, I have baby blue hair, pale skin, and gray eyes. You've seen me before. You actually know who I am, you've just forgotten..."

I place my hands on her stomach and use a simple healing spell. Now her organs will work properly again. I can't do a full heal for her, I'm not even supposed to see her. And I'm not talking about Kona-chan who I'll be in trouble with. That person is even more scary than her...

"Th-Thank... y-you..." She said with the last of her strength. Her eyes closed softly, showing her snow kissed eyelashes.

I checked her pulse once more just incase if it was for real this time. To my luck, she became dormant once more. This time her pulse was more noticeable. Before I headed away, I gave her a hug and kissed her forehead for the last time. I'm not sure when I'll see her again, but I hope it's soon.

Finally, I stood up, smiled at her, and then I was on my way. I'm not sure where my feet will take me, but I know that no matter where I go. I will always find my way back to her.

~~

*Matthew's POV*

『6:30 AM』

My alarm cried annoying as I groggily reached over to turn it off. Sliding out on my bed, Kumakatana yawns at me. I stretched and made my bed as Kumadeathnote crawls off it. Then I do all my morning things, like getting ready for the day, and I head downstairs to make breakfast.

Before I can make it to the stairs, I notice that Olivine's door is wide open. I peeked in and slight panic arose as I saw an empty bed. Olivine's never up this early, where is she?

Calm down Matthew, she might just he hiding. She is just a child after all.

I took a deep breath and closed her door. I tried to calm myself further, but I just have this feeling that something's wrong. I brushed it off as I made my way into the kitchen. But as I get the ingredients to make pancakes, my body freezes.

What if someone took her away? What if she's stuck somewhere and she can't get out? She's probably crying somewhere, calling for me. What if...

I slap myself for thinking like that. I need to stay calm, I'm so protective because of Kumabonbon. She's probably fine, she's just fine... She's...

"Fucking maple..."

I immediately search the living room for her, calling her name, turning over the couch and rearranging pillows. Then I proceed to the upper part of the house and search every nook and cranny. But I didn't find her anywhere. As I dashed down the stairs, Kumajellybelly spoke to me.

"What's going on whoever you are?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I'm looking for Olivine, have you seen her?"

"No... who are you?"

"I'm Canada, your owner!"

I start to panic when I realize that I've really lost her. I know I've only known her for a short time, but I promised that nothing would happen to her. The plane incident was out of my control, but this is something that could have been prevented... what ever happened to her.

"Birdie? Vhat's vrong?" Gil asked as he emerged from the den.

*3rd Person (it's been a while)*
『7:00 AM』

"I lost Olivine, I don't know where she is!" Matthew admitted, trying not to freak out.

"Vell, she's probably hiding. She is a child," Gilbert nonchalantly said as Matthew continued to search.

"Yeah I know, but I can't find her anywhere!" The Canadian was so flustered that frustration and panic was plastered all over his face.

Gilbert, for once, noticed his distress and took action. Gilbert swiftly moved in front of Matthew and brought him in a warm embrace. This stunned the Canadian, for his actions did not come from sexual intentions.

"Gil, now's not--"

"Just calm down Birdie, everyzhing vill be alright," The Prussian cooed, holding him tighter.

Matthew realized his intentions and returned the hug. Then he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He took in his musky scent as he calmed his breathing. After a few seconds, Gil spoke up.

"Feel better?" He asked, looking down at the Canadian.

"Yes... Thanks..." Matthew said with a slight blush.

After they released their holds on each other, Gil asked for more information on the crisis. After Matthew explained everything, Gil came to a conclusion.

"Vell, zhere's only one place jou haven't checked."

"And that would be?" Matthew pressed.

"Outside!" Gil said with a grin.

Matthew thought long and hard as to why she would go outside. Nothing came to his mind, but it was the only place that he hasn't checked. Then realization hit him.

"But if she's outside, that would mean that she would have gone out in the middle of the night. Gil we need to hurry!"

Both men hurried to bundle up for the unforgiving winter weather. Gilbird and Kumajirou flew/crawled over to see what all the hullabaloo was about. The men told their companions to stay behind, for the weather was too harsh for them. Gil looked outside the glass and took note of the weather as Matthew zipped up his coat.

"Zhe snow still hasn't stopped..."

Matthew ignored him as he opened the backdoor and stepped out into secretive storm. Gil followed and closed the backdoor. The wind howled in their ears, carrying more snow and plastering it on their person. When they were about ten feet away from the house, Matthew noticed that her footsteps were now completely cover by the snow. Not even the slightest indention was marking her path.

"Gil..." He said almost panicking again.

"Let's check zhe forest, her footprints should show if she made it in zhere," Gil suggested. He left out the part about him being awesome for thinking that. He didn't want to agitate the overly concerned Canadian.

"The longer we're out here, the longer that Olivine is being exposed to the cold air. She is just a child, even if she may be a country, she still can get terribly sick. Plus, there have been wolf sightings... I don't want... no, I can't think like that. She'll be fine... she'll be okay," The Canadian thought to himself.

Matthew willingly agreed and they were on their way. The wind didn't let up though, it felt like it froze while it blew in their faces. Matthew moved his scarf up closer to his mouth to keep himself warm. Gil worried for his friend's situation. He was worried about Olivine too, but he didn't really know her that well like Matthew did. Plus, he couldn't bare to see him so distressed. He would do anything for that timid Canadian.

『8:05 AM』

Stomping through the almost knee-high snow, they eventually made it into the forest. There, the snow beneath their feet wasn't as deep, for some trees were still blocking the path for newly fallen snow. However, everything was quiet, the wind even seemed to stop blowing. The only sound was the snow crunching beneath their feet. Countless trees surrounded them as they ventured deeper.

Gilbert knew that if their prints in the snow weren't there, they wouldn't be able to find their back. Suddenly, time seemed to stop as something unexplainable wafted through the air.

A horribly foul stench hit them like a freight train. They almost wanted to change their course, but they noticed that tiny footprints were left in the snow. Those footprints lead directly in the path if the stench.

"Ugh, it smells like somezhing died!" Gil complained, holding his nose.

Then, something clicked in Matthew's mind. His worst fear, may have just came true.

"Oh God... no please!" He cursed as he dashed ahead, following the tiny footprints resting in the snow.

When he came upon the end of the trail, he fell to his knees and covered his mouth. When Gil finally caught up to him, the sight left him dead in his tracks. They both gazed upon a horrible sight and thought the worst.

First, an alarming pile of rainbow colored bile laid in the snow to their right, arising questions of all kinds. A wide trail of blood emitted from the pile, showing that she had tried to run, but had gone the wrong way. As they looked over to their left, they found Olivine.

She laid peacefully against a tree, covered in her frozen blood. Her hair had turned whiter than snow, making her blend in with the innocent surroundings. The shocking part, was exactly how much blood was on her. It wasn't just splattered around in the snow, it almost covered the front half of her body. You almost couldn't tell that her shirt used to be white and that her skin was peach. It trailed down her legs and stuck to the snow, almost in prisoning her in that spot.

Matthew immediately crouched down and checked her for a pulse. After a few anticipating seconds, he finally felt one.

"Oh thank God..." He didn't even have to whisper as he carefully pulled her limp body into his.

He sat there for a while, comforting the unconscious child before standing up. He held her tightly and tried to keep from crying. He was happy that she was alive, but he was also confused and terrified.

"Why is she out here? Why didn't she tell one of us? Did she do this too herself? Why would she if she did? Was there something that I missed about her? She looked fine, did I not may enough attention to her? How... why?" Matthew thought, beating himself up.

Then he turned to Gil and every emotion flooded into him. The snow became more interesting as he found his words.

"Gil... this is... this is all--" He was on the verge of crying.

"Don't say zhat Birdie, jou didn't know," Gil cooed, bringing them both into a hug.

With his free hand, Matthew clung onto Gilbert as Gilbert held onto him. Olivine was unaware of their embrace. As they parted, Matthew placed the girl in Gil's arms. Then he took off his hat and placed it snuggly on Olivine's head. He did the same with his scarf, wrapping it carefully around her small neck. Matthew was about to take off his coat, but Gilbert stopped him.

"Birdie, jou'll freeze!" Gil scolded.

"I'm Canadian, I'll be fine," He insisted.

Gil stayed quiet as he helped Matthew wrap the girl in his warm coat. She was so small that it covered her feet, they wrapped her in it like a swaddle as if she was a baby. Then Matthew took her back in his arms and pressed her against his chest. Next, they followed their previous footsteps to leave the secretive forest.

At the edge of the forest, they both stopped. The storm in front of them was almost a white out, where behind them, the forest was clear as day. It's almost as if the forest was a sacred place. Then they stepped out of the forest and into the blizzard, Holding each other to stay standing.

When Gil glanced back at the forest, he noticed that the area was now as snowy and windy as it was out there. It's almost as if, someone protected the snow from them, even if it was just for a little while.

~ Halfway back to the house ~

『Insert time here』

Gil was standing in front of Matthew, shielding him from the forceful windchill. As they huddled together, Olivine lay still in Matthew's arms. Her breathing was so low that you couldn't tell that her chest was slowly rising and falling. The wind nipped at Matthew's exposed ears, but he didn't care, Olivine was more important.

When there was a slight break in the storm, Gil moved to Matthew's side and they continued on their way. As they came upon the house, the wind started to die down. Carefully but quickly, they dashed inside, barely closing the door behind them.

"Gil, can you--"

"On it!" Gil cut in. He was already making a fire in the fireplace.

Matthew was grateful that his best friend knew him so well, but he continued upstairs to aid Olivine.

*Matthew's POV (Thank heavens!)*

I immediately gave her a bath once I entered the restroom. There was so much blood in the tub that I almost considered taking her to the hospital. I mean, if she was a mortal human I would. But she has unusual powers that would make the government suspicious, they would take her away and... examine her.

When I finally cleaned her up, I wrapped her in a soft towel and brought her to her room. Then I put her in that red oversized sweatshirt that she loves so much. I put underwear on her of course, I'm not used to dressing a child... it's a new experience...

Afterwards, I brought her downstairs and noticed that Gil had made a toasty fire. When he turned around, he helped me wrap my coat around her once more. I left my scarf and hat off of her because she might be too hot when we sit in front of the fire. I let Gil hold her as we huddled around the fire, watching her. I lightly placed my hand on her face and realized her temperature.

"She's so cold..." I noted, retracting my hand.

"Do jou zhink zhat she's frozen?" Gil asked, shifting her so I could see her better.

"I'm not sure..." I lost my words. All I want is for her to wake up and call my name, like she always does. I guess the one who's attached is me. There's just something about her that I can't let go.

*Gilbert's POV (Woot! Woot!)*

Birdie looked deep in zhought as we vaited for Little Birdie to vake up. I felt Birdie shiver und looked over to him.

"Are jou cold?" Zhe awesome me asked.

"Yeah... a little..." He responded.

I wrapped mein free arm around him and brought him close to me. I felt him shiver into mein chest, I knew he was cold. Zhis should keep him varm zhough~

"Varmer?" I asked as he laid his head in zhe crook of mein neck. Birdie looks so cute like this, it's rare zhat he'll let me be zhis close to him.

"Yes..."

Mein neck felt varmer after he said zhat. Maybe it's zhe fire, or zhe awesome me... Ja, it's gotta be zhe awesome me.

*3rd Person (T^T)*

As Matthew and Gilbert waited for Olivine to wake up, Kumajirou and Gilbird flew/toddled over to the fire. Gilbert landed on Gilbert's right shoulder since his left was preoccupied. Kumajirou found his way into Matthew's lap and laid there.

The atmosphere was quite comfortable, with the exception of Olivine's current condition. After a moment of hesitation, something grateful happened to Olivine.

"Birdie!" Gil alerted.

As Matthew looked over to her, the roots of Olivine's hair started to turn dark brown, like they were before. Slowly, her hair, and her current state, started to thaw out. They watched and waited until her white hair traveled down to the tips of her hair and eventually, disappeared. Matthew felt her cheeks and was glad to feel some warmth in them. She was still quiet though, but you could see her chest rise and fall at a steady pace. Of course, they weren't sure when she was going to wake up, but they were glad that she was going to wake up.

*Matthew's POV (Sorry, I had to)*

I'm having second thoughts aboot being this close to Gil. I mean, he is my best friend and we're close but... this whole day, he's been helpful for once. He's not usually like this unless he wants something or if he's drunk. I wonder what's going on...

I suddenly felt him swiftly move his arm down to my waist, pulling me closer to him. My body burned in the places that he touched me, sending a shiver down my spine. I'm even warmer now, although... why is my heart beating this fast? This doesn't usually happen when Gil is around me, so why is this happening now?

"Unn... unn... unn..." An unusual noise moaned.

When I looked down, I realized that it was Olivine. It sounded like she was trying to say something.

"M-Ma..." She muttered.

"Olivine?" I spoke, listening closely.

"M-Matt... ie..." She cried weakly, her eyes were still closed.

"I'm right here Olivine," I cooed as I gripped her hand, "Can you hear me?"

"... M-Ma... Mattie... I... h-hear... y-you..." She said in a raspy voice.

"Open your eyes, can you do that?" I brushed the hair out of her face so she could feel my touch.

When she opened her eyes, confusion hit us. They were a grayish white color, looking around endlessly for an object for lock onto. That when I realized, she can't see.

"Olivine," I put my hand in front of her face to test, "Can you see my hand?"

"...N-No..."

I almost panicked as Olivine spoke once more.

"W-Wait... l-let... m-me..." Then she brought a hand to her head and squinted her eyes shut. When she opened then, her eyes turned a very light shade of brown.

"Th-There... I-I c-can... s-see y-your... h-handsome f-face n-now..." She smiled weakly.

"Am I just a zhird vheel?" Gil complained.

"...o-oh... H-Hi G-Gil..." She was still cheeky, even in her condition.

"How could jou forget about zhe awesome me!?"

"Haha... I'm j-just kidding..."

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Thanks for 500+ reads my Luckies! Sorry for the wait, school started back up and messed up with my schedule. I'm glad that you guys are liking this story too~

What~? Another OC?! Well yes, he... I'll stop here, but I'm sorry Cody T^T no tsunami please...

I absolutely hate writing in 3rd person (if you clearly couldn't tell...) I'll only do it if it's absolutely necessary.

Oh! And... confuckulated, it's been a while since I used this word. Just... ugh life...

Don't forget to comment + vote My Luckies~ (I like feedback... I'm so selfish T^T)

BAI~! ☆〜(ゝ。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 52 5
*Warning* This story deals with heavy topics like suicide and depression. You've been warned. (I'll come up with a description later)
37.1K 691 46
¡! ❞ hetalia oneshots, i'm tired
194K 3.8K 90
Hi! I'll be doing Hetalia x Reader oneshots! I might do lemons, if they are requested of if I feel the urge. There probably won't be many though...
56.9K 2.9K 26
It's sometime in the future. World War III has come. No country is safe from it. They have taken it too far. A breaking point. Hell. All countries ar...