Zed's Call to the Wild

By Cobalt1987

After the reunion of Humans, Zombies, and Wolves coming together as one, Addison started taking Zed to more o... More

Chapter 2 - The New Lover in Town
Chapter 3 - It's a Funny Story, Pt. 1
Chapter 4 - It's a Funny Story, Pt. 2
Chapter 5 - It's a Funny Story, Pt. 3
Chapter 6 - Bucket of Lies
Chapter 7 - You Can't See Him
Chapter 8 - Wait, What?!!
Chapter 9 - Wyatt's Wish
Chapter 10 - Zed's Zealous Plan
Chapter 11 - Bucky's Backfired Plan
Chapter 12 - Welcome to Zombieland
Chapter 13 - Baaaad News
Chapter 14 - Careful Who You Mess With
Chapter 15 - Eliza Went Missing?
Chapter 16 - The Wolf's Intimacy
Chapter 17 - Our Last Day Together
Chapter 18 - Extra Time
Chapter 19 - Round 2
Chapter 20 - Addison's Secret
Chapter 21 - No Second Chance
Chapter 22 - It's Out!
Chapter 23 - Stay Away From Him
Chapter 24 - Passion Distracts The Wolf
Hey Guys!
BONUS CHAPTER - The Exposure
Chapter 25 - The Sibling Bond
Final Say from the Author!
Sequel Chapter 1 - This can't be good...
Sequel Chapter 2 - Addison's Army
BONUS CHAPTER 2 - The Healing Process
Sequel Chapter 3 - Old Habits
Sequel Chapter 4 - Mister Time
Sequel Chapter 5 - The End of a New Beginning
Author's Farewell

Chapter 1 - We Own the Night

9K 140 147
By Cobalt1987

Zed's POV

Welcome Back to Seabrook, where belonging is everything! We're a strong, powerful, and now, unnatural community! After werewolves were brought into town, lurking for their precious moonstone, they found themselves some helpful friends along the way, well, A helpful friend. The werewolves weren't that chill with us humans and zombies, but after it took some singing and dancing, we finally came together as one, where now humans, zombies, AND WOLVES, live in unison. Honestly, hate to break it, but to me, feels like Seabrook only gets more and more crowded with more creatures! First us, then the Werewolves, what's next, Aliens?! Anywho, after our reunion, Seabrook has decided to not only accept werewolves, but to also help them move in! As much as the wolves appreciated it, they declined the offer, they said they're one with nature... pffft, whatever that means. Addy is the only one who has been learning some things from the wolves, whenever me, Bucky, or any of her other friends try and ask her, she always says," what's said in the werewolf den, stays in the werewolf den..." Which is kinda disappointing since we all don't quite get along with the wolves that well, which is why Addy invited me. Oh, I didn't tell ya? Addison invited me to come to the werewolf Den tonight! As much as I love Zombietown, and miss the Zombie Raves we threw, I needed to know more about the werewolves, so that way I can befriend them more, and be like Addy.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

" Coming!!" A voice spoke pass the other side of the door.

After waiting a couple seconds standing on Addy's porch, she swung the door open.

" Zed! You're right on time!" Addison spoke in glee as she came out with her new cheerleader jacket.

" Of course I would, why wouldn't I be? I can't just limp around, trying to figure out what the pack likes and don't like!" I informed her.

" I know, but it seemed that Bonzo and Eliza were so busy, I thought you'd be too!" Addy said in a almost type of manner to where it sounded as if she rarely ever sees me, which is kind of the truth. After the wolves came into Seabrook, it's like me and her haven't been ourselves lately.

Beep Beep!

The sound of Addy's phone rang, as it almost startled her.

" Oh, it's Willa! She said that we need to hurry! Party's starting without us!" Addison exclaimed as she took my hand, and ripped me off her porch, running out of the neighborhood, and into the forbidden forest.

As I walk behind her, I see the shadows of trees staring down at me, as if I was fixing to be their prey to feast on, which is totally strange, since I'm dead.

" Were almost there!" Addison told me.

As we pass about dozens and dozens of Trees, my senses go haywire. They gone so crazy, even my Z-Band told me to relax.

" Here we are!!" Addy saids in a breathtaking voice.

As I look where she looks, I see a big hill, with rocks and boulders building into a cave.

" Remember Zed, this is just to find out about their Culture..." I told myself.

Addy takes my hand and brings me in. As we walk into the Den, there we see a pack of werewolves dancing exotically, a type of dance to which zombies have never even seen! In one side of the den, you see a group of them playing with bamboo sticks, in another one, we see another group trying to do a howl-off, I think.

" Wolves! She's here!" A voice belted throughout the music and chatter.

As everyone stops, they immediately stare at me and Addy. I quickly hide behind her, as if I thought they were fixing to rip me to pieces.

" Hey guys! I brought Zed if that's okay." Addy introduced me as she took me out of my hiding spot.

As I stare back to a pack of wolves, they all didn't look quite happy. Instead, they were almost intrigued, as if they haven't seen me in forever. A couple came up to sniff me. It was weird. Then as they were done staring and sniffing me up and down, they all howled.

" Welcome Zed, they all said hello." Willa spoke, as she stood up on some throne of some sort, made out of sticks and stones. Neat.

As I started liking the wolves a bit, I gave them a good ol' zombie growl greeting. Next second, they all built up their guards, as if I wielded out silver.

" Addison!! Teach him some manners!!" Willa warned her.

" Oh, uh Willa, he's a zombie, he doesn't quite know Wolf language, only Zombie!" Addison told Willa, as she grabs my arm as a purpose of protection. I back her up.

" Yeah, uhhh, all I said was how's it going?" Everyone looked at each other in bewilderment. Willa signals the wolves to stand down, as she walks down her throne, up to me, face to face.

" Kinda strange how Zombie language can be almost similar to Wolf language."

" Oh no, it's really not! I mean if you met Bonzo, he's a Zombie linguist! He knows everything about Zombie language! You should go to him if you need lessons--"

"ENOUGH!" Willa interrupted. I immediately become quiet, as if I don't want to come home tonight in pieces. Sure Zoey doesn't want that either.

" Hmm... Kinda funny how a zombie like you can make up some smart words with no brain inside." Willa insulted me as she points towards my forehead.

" Willa, please." Addison barked up to her. She gazes her up and down, then to me.

" Welcome to the Den. WYATT!" Willa called. From behind her, a male werewolf with infuriating eyebrows, sharp fangs, and a nice highlighted bang pops out of nowhere.

" Show this rookie around the Den, seems like he has a lot of learning to do. Come on Add, I'm sure your Zombie Boyfriend will be safe with us. We promise we won't tear him up, right wolves?" Willa asks aloud. The wolves shake their heads in unison.

As Addy walks off with Willa, I'm left with the intimidating wolf Willa commanded. As I nervously stare into his bold, amber glowing eyes, I slowly take out my hand.

" Z-Zed." I nervously greeted.

He looks at my hand, then back up at me, and in a roughly manner, he firmly grasps my hand.

" Wyatt." He growls under his voice.

" W-Wyatt... please to meet you..." I told him.

As he let's go of my hand, which is almost throbbing in pain, he steps up real close to me, looking me up and down. I gulp, don't knowing what the heck he's gonna do. I hope he doesn't disobey Willa's promise, because if so, God help me. He leans in more, towards me neck, as if he's fixing to be a vampire, and snap me like a glowstick, just like that. From my sensitive ear, I can almost hear his deep sniffs, almost tickling my neck. I gulp again. He goes back to where he's standing. In that moment, he asks...

" Vanilla?" He questions.

" Huh??" I respond in fear.

" Is that Vanilla you're wearing?" Wyatt asks.

" Oh! Y-Yeah! It's our signature musk." I hesitantly exclaimed.

He slowly reaches for his pocket, fixing to grab something. My body stands there in fear, as I try my best to wonder what will he put on me.

As he pulls out a glass bottle of liquid, I hunch down to the floor, crying," PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!"

Everyone around us stare at me and Wyatt. Wyatt turns around showing what he's holding. In the midst of silence, a crowd of laughter roars through the cave.

" How can a small bottle of cologne hurt you? I was just gonna suggest you to try some of this!" Wyatt tells me as he picks me up from the floor. As he passes me the bottle, I read the Label.

Whysthle's Howling Musk
Peanut Butter and Bones

" Wait, isn't this what coach has as his froyo flavor too?" I question.

" What can I say, we wolves just love Bones, heheh... and Peanut Butter." Wyatt confesses.

As I shove the bottle into my jacket, I rub my arm as I ask," So, where do I start?" Wyatt gives me a gleaming smile, as he calls over Wynter to bring the Gem of the Answer.

" Here." Wyatt turns me around, and shows what the Gem withholds inside.

On the wall, I see a silhouette of a woman with hair as white as snow.

" We wolves stand by and wait for our great alpha to come. We thought Add could be it, but of course..." Wyatt whimpers as the stone shuts off the projection of the silhouette." ... She's not... But now that doesn't matter anymore, she helped us find our moonstone, and if it wasn't for her, we'd--"

" --Be gone forever. Die off of your necklaces... I know... And again, I'm sorry for what I've done, I've deeply regret my choices for both me, Addy, and every Pup." I interrupt Wyatt, apologizing for what I've done in the past.

" Aww come on man, don't beat yourself up. I mean, yes you were the one who did steal the powerful necklace our pack had to offer, and of course you accidentally drained it from your Z-Band, and yes you may have also done--"

" Are you done?" I interrupted him again, as I give him the face of," You're not helping."

" Sorry. I'm not one for trying to comfort people... Sigh... Maybe that's why I could never be alpha..." Wyatt confesses.

As I look up to him, his sad werewolf face stares down at the dirt.

" Hey, umm, I know this is y'alls night or whatever, but you mind if I ask... Are you gonna show me the rest of your Den, or are we gonna just stand here, and cry like babies?" I asked him.

" Hmm?" He looks up, as if he was sent to another galaxy, and came back to ours." Oh yeah, that's right! Wynter, if you please." Wyatt calls out. Wynter gives him a thumbs up as she howls and hits the stone wall.

After a few songs or so, me and Wyatt walk out of the Den, and up the hill, looking up at the night sky.

" So?" Wyatt asks.

" So what?" I ask back.

" What'd you think of tonight?"

" Tonight was... alright." I informed him." Although back at my place, we'd be more hyped, heheh... although our nights get killed by the curfew..."

" Wait... You guys have a curfew??" Wyatt questions.

" Yeah, I know, that's silly, but... It's just how we were treated... Us zombies, were nothing like y'all... I mean sure we throw some nice raves here and there, but most of all, we never do anything like roaming the streets, howling at the moon, having the best time of our lives without nothing holding us back... At least with y'all, y'all can do that... I mean, look at Addy, after she met y'all, it was like I'd even exist to her... sometimes... I'd think she'd break up with me to get with you..."

" WHAT?!" Wyatt bolts up.

" Well I mean yeah. You guys show that chemistry! And the way y'all look at each other, y'all give each other that glare, the type of glare that represents that y'all will be something... Someday..."

~ Someday (Ballad) ~ By Milo Manheim, Ft. Pearce Joza

Zed: I know it might be crazy, but did you hear the story?

Wyatt: I think I heard it vaguely...

Zed: A girl, and a zombie...

Wyatt: Oh tell me more boy, sounds like a fantasy...

Zed & Wyatt: Oh what can go so wrong with a girl and a zombie?

Zed: She's from the perfect paradise...

Wyatt: And you're living on the darker side...

Zed: Oh, I've got a feeling, if she got to know me...

Wyatt: Right from the start she caught your eye...

Zed: And something inside me came to life...

Wyatt: Oh, you've got a feeling...

Zed: If she got to know me...

(Song cuts off for this piece.)

As a shed of tear rolls down my cheek, a cold, but yet warm hand wipes it away. My eyes shift to Wyatt, and he stares me down in a calming look.

" Bro... I promise I'd never take Addison away from you man... even if it means burning myself with silver to prove it." Wyatt confesses.

His joke gives me a smirk on my face, but I wipe it away to stay serious. Suddenly, as I gaze into the night sky, a body gets close to me. I take my hand out under my head, and feel the person next to me. Their hair feels extremely soft. I look down to see Wyatt laying next to me. He also stares at the sky, as my hand stays buried in his soft wolf hair.

(Song continues.)

Wyatt: Someday, this could be, this could be ordinary... Someday, Could y'all be something extroadinary?

Zed: Her and me, side by side...

Wyatt: Out in the Broad Moonlight... And if we laugh, y'all will say...

Zed: " We're gonna be someday..."

Wyatt: Someday, Someday...

Zed: " We're gonna be someday..."

Wyatt: Someday, Someday...

Zed: You and me will be someday...

(Song ends.)

Wyatt first gets confused by what I said, but before he could turn to ask, I leaned in, and kissed him. At first, he was shocked, didn't know that I was gonna do that, but then melts into it a few seconds later. As we share a tender, passionate kiss under the moonlight, Wyatt pulls back, with almost a flustered out look on his face.

" Z... Zed...?" He stutters.

" Wyatt, I..." I stutter as well, as if Wyatt's stutters were contagious.

Before we even said anything else, Wyatt came back in, kissing me again. I kiss him back harder. As our kiss gets more and more passionate, something else gets a little passionate. As I brush my hand through his hair, he gently touches my cold pale face, both knowing were almost in love. If only I could stay like this with him forever... But sadly that wish didn't happen.

" ZED!! ZEEEED!!" a voice calls out from the cave.

Me and Wyatt immediately pull away, as we scoot apart from each other as well. I jump down to find that voice.

" Yeah?" I answered.

The person turned around and jumped. It's Addison.

" Oh goodness, you almost scared me. You really like my punches, huh?" Addison relieved.

" Uhhh, heheh, well you know me, always need to practice my scare for next time me and the kids play tag!" I lie to Addison, as Wyatt watches from above.

" Alright, well... Yawn... I think I'm all wolfed out for tonight, can you take me back home?" Addison asked. I look up to see if I should almost ask Wyatt, but all he did was look at me and Addy, and turn away. I look back down at her.

" Duuuuhhhh... sure." I respond. As Addy takes my arm, she leads the way back, as I look back, seeing Wyatt, standing on the hill, almost looking as if he thought," Is this goodbye...?"

I wasn't expecting myself kissing Wyatt! it just happened?! Could this mean that... My love for Addison is... gone? Could Wyatt be my next? If only God could just send me a sign that says," You belong with Wyatt, just give Addison up!" You know, it's probably all just a dream... It has to be... I probably just passed out from the party, and dreamt that... Yeah, that's it... I didn't kiss Wyatt, and I'm not breaking up with Addy, this is all just a bad dream... You know how zombies get when they don't get sleep, and boy is it even worse then when we don't have our Z-Bands... It's gotta be a dream for sure... Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 2.6K 31
Book 1 of where I belong series - Y/n is a ordinary girl with a white streak in her hair she is not from seabrook she came from a place that is unk...
40.3K 1K 23
Zombies 2 is finally out! This will take place after what happened in the 2nd movie. It is a fan fiction about Wyatt and Addison. There will be tons...
251K 9.4K 23
"𝐒 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨π₯𝐟, 𝐝𝐒𝐝𝐧'𝐭'𝐜𝐑𝐚 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰?" "𝐧𝐨, 𝐰𝐲, 𝐒 𝐝𝐒𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰!" β€§Ν™βΊΛš*ο½₯ΰΌ“β˜Ύγ€€γ€€β˜½ΰΌ“ο½₯*ΛšβΊβ€§Ν™ in which a...