Chapter 6 - Bucket of Lies

Wyatt's POV

As I was staring into the darkness, almost as if I was alive, but blind, my eyes slowly open up. At first, everything was a blur, light blinding me more than the darkness. At last, as my eyes fully awaken, clear as the blue sky. I jump straight up in fear.

" ZED?!!" I screamed.

" Wyatt???" A voice was heard.

As I run towards the voice, I bump into Willa. As we bumped heads, we both whined. Once Willa was done rubbing her head, she ran straight into my arms.

" Oh thank goodness you're safe! The Pack thought you were a goner..." Willa whined again, but not because of the small bruise on her head. As I lay my hand against her frizzy black hair, I respond," Of course I would... Why wouldn't I be?"

Willa slowly let's me go as she informs me," Zed tried draining your power."

At first, I was in disbelief. That's impossible. He didn't do that. All I remembered was that he fell, and when I tried to help, I lashed out. The only thing I saw was Zed's face, as everything around me blurred away into darkness.

" N-No..." I told her." That... That can't be... He didn't, I... I was there, I saw everything!!"

" Or so you say..." Willa says as she holds out my necklace. The moment I try to grab it, it shocks me. I jolt back.

" OUCH! Why did it shock me?!" I questioned. Willa shrugged.

" I don't know... It didn't affect us wolves... Only you..." She responded. I grab the nearest wooden box near me, and informed Willa to put it in there. As she did what I told, I set the box on a nearby stone table. I grab a needle and stone hammer near me, and start carving out my initials. W.L. As I put the box in my vest, I fix to leave.

" Where you going?" Willa asked.

" I'm gonna find Eliza. She's the only one who can find out what's happening with my necklace. Plus, if I don't do anything about it, I may be at risk with my life. You know how wolves get when our necklace is either drained, corrupted, or disconnected from us." I explained.

" Sigh... I know..." Willa sighs. As I fix to leave the Den, Willa stops me in my tracks." WAIT!" She commanded." Just to be safe... I want you to at least wear the temporary ones... That way you don't just fall out of nowhere again, and it'll send some signals to us, telling both you and us that it's ready to be disposed."

As Willa puts on the temporary necklace on me, only my eyes glow amber, no fangs.

" Thanks, Willa." I thanked her.

As she stands there, looking at me almost worried, she hugs me again.

" Please be safe, Wyatt... You're the only one I care about the most out of these wolves... I can't take care of them without you..."

As I hug her back, I wave goodbye to her.

As I head out of the Den, the sunlight shines on my face. As I cover it with my forearm, the light almost blinding me once more, I start running towards Eliza's house. As I hit Seabrook, Cars immediately stop and honked as I apologize on the way. Then there I hit next: Zombieland. I pass through their streets, yelping out," sorry, excuse me, pardon me," as I pass through the zombies. Before I was close to her house, I see Zed's pass by. I immediately come to a stop, as I walk back to Zed's. I come up the steps, as I see a piece of paper, pasted on their front door.

Greetings Fellow People, Zombies, AND WOLVES,

The wording," AND WOLVES" looked like it was written in green marker. Guessing that was Zed's little sister. I continue reading.