Chapter 14 - Careful Who You Mess With

Zed's POV

I wake up, feeling uncomfortable. I get up, finding myself in a pile of leaves, naked. Beside me, a sleeping Wyatt lying next to me. I crawl back in, wrapping his side with my arm. He shuffles. Is it just me, or does he always looked cute sleeping like this. Throughout the cave, I heard a vibration so loud, it shook the walls. Gladly there wasn't any stalagtites hanging above us. I snapped all of them off last night. I then look to see my pants that were making the vibrating sound. I grab them, and pulled out the object. It was my phone. Who was calling me? I pick up.

" Hello?" I answered.

"Zed, where are you?! Football practice just started, and they're looking for you!" Addison yelped through the phone.

I froze. I forgot practice was today. I was so blinded to Wyatt, I didn't think about today!!

" Oh my goodness, I am sincerely sorry, I guess my alarm didn't wake me up! I'm on my way right now!" I told Addy.

" Hurry! Looks like coach is about to have a cow!" Addison said, worried.

" I will!" I tell her. I hung up. I quickly, but quietly get up, and stepped over Wyatt, and silently put my clothes on. After doing so, I was about to head out, when suddenly...

" Zed? Where you going?" The sleepy Wyatt awoke.

" I uhh... mmm..." I hummed. I couldn't think of an excuse to tell Wyatt. Guess I have nothing but the truth." I'm sorry, I forgot today was football practice at Seabrook, and I'm running late."

In my head, I pictured an upset Wyatt, getting up from his sleep, telling me to go, because "obviously" football is more important than us. But luckily...

" Oh, okay, that's fine. YAWN! Want me to take you?" Wyatt said as he stretched out of bed.

" No no! It's okay, you deserve some rest! I mean, we did tire ourselves out last night." I tell him. And boy was it true. But I'm not going into further detail.

" Nah, it's fine, I need to get up anyways." Sleepy Wyatt said.

He gets up from the pile of leaves, and starts to grab his pants.

" Hey, I know this is asking a lot, but while I change, can you go check on Willa and the others? I normally do it, since My sister can't handle the pack alone, but... Well... Ya know." Wyatt tells me.

" Yeah, of course, anything for you." I accept, as I kiss him on the forehead.

" Thanks ~<3" Wyatt smiles at me.

As he gets changed, I head on out to the Wolf Den.

" Uhhhh... Awoo!" I howl.

Suddenly a rock was thrown in my direction. I quickly dodge.

" Go Away! No Trespass-- Zed?" Willa awoken from her Wolf cubby.

" Yeah, just me!" I say, almost terrified.

" Sorry about that, ever since we've became united with humans, they have been doing lots of touring around the Forbidden Forest. And some of those Tourists end up sneaking in here." Willa grumbles.

" Dang, that must suck." I tell her.

" Eh, were sorta used to it now. What brings you here?" Willa asks.

" Oh, Wyatt sent me!" I inform her.

" My brother? Why'd he bring you here?" Willa asked.

I froze again, trying to think of an excuse.

" Well you see... I was coming over here, because Addison sent me to get you, Wynter, and Wy to come to the football practice, and I found Wyatt sleeping outside." I lie.