Game of Betrayal (Completed)

By AngelTweet

"Betrayal betrays the betrayer." - Annonymous Sanskar: "It was always professional, but you made it personal... More

Prologue
Chapter -1: Mighty Maheshwari's
Chapter - 2: Militant Mehra's
Chapter -3: Lost Battle
Chapter - 4: First Encounter
Chapter - 5: And the war begins!
Chapter - 6: Dirty Secrets
Chapter - 8: Forced Acceptance
Chapter - 9 : Tormented Hearts
Chapter - 10: Anxious Minds
Chapter - 11: Engaged! Really?
Chapter - 12 : Undying Souls
Chapter - 13: My Saviour!
Chapter - 14 : Destiny Strikes In!
Chapter - 15 : Business Rivals or Lovebirds?
Chapter - 16 : Wedding Bells
Chapter - 17 : Confessions
Chapter - 18 : Enemy Within
Chapter - 19 : Her Choice
Chapter - 20 : First Step
Chapter - 21 : Confused Minds
Chapter - 22 : Entangled Souls
Chapter - 23 : Battling Hearts
Chapter - 24 : Untold Feelings
Chapter - 25 : Changing Mindsets?
Chapter - 26 : Falling Apart
Chapter - 27 : Trip to the past
Chapter - 28 : Destiny's Payback
Chapter - 29: New Begining
Chapter - 30 : Game of Love
Chapter - 31 : Unfathomable Trust
Chapter - 32 : Pouring Hearts
Chapter - 33 : Bitter Truth
Chapter - 34 : Enemy's Attack
Chapter - 35 : Lost Soulmate
Chapter - 36 : Amending Relations
Chapter - 37 : Whisperings of Love
Chapter - 38 : Entrusting Love
Chapter - 39 : Demon in Disguise
Chapter - 40 : Betrayed and Broken
Chapter - 41 : Fighting Spirit
Chapter - 42 : Karma is a Bitch
Chapter - 43 : Bang on with All In
Chapter - 44 : Destiny's Verdict
Epilogue - Dream Come True!!!
Thank You my Readers

Chapter - 7: Damage Control

4.7K 368 143
By AngelTweet

'You have played your cards Ms. Mehra, now it's my turn. You are going to face the real Sanskar now. I wished, we could have shared something else than this rivalry, but you proved that we were, and we are rivals only nothing more than that. Now you need to face my rivalry. Till now I was playing from back front but it's my time to accelerate and outshine you Ms. Mehra, because of you my reputation is at stake. But before that I need to come up with damage control. This news had raised everybody's head. The people who used to bow their heads in front of me are now questioning me. I need to shut their mouths, I need to gain back trust of board, shareholders and investors else they will not vote for me as CEO in upcoming AGM. And I cannot let anyone to rule over Maheshwari's Legacy, it will always remain within our family. I will do whatever it takes.' Sanskar's mind was running in all direction.

Sanskar looked upwards at the moon and starry sky, her melodious laughing sound ringed in his ears bringing small content smile on his face.

'Who are you?'

'Where are you?', his heart was at peace and mind was flooded with her thoughts, sudden warmness engulfed his entire existence.

The girl of his dream, he never saw her but still he was crazy for her, or we should say, she made him crazy. His dream had become part of his life.

Two days later, there was board meeting where Sanskar was on everybody's target to answer questions about the news.

He was master planner before coming to meeting he had already gathered all financial results which they would be presenting in AGM to showcase the success story of their business house over the years.

"Sanskar, you need to prove that you are compatible for this post else shareholders and investors will vote against you." Dev was skeptical about upcoming AGM.

"Yes, he is right. We have already got inside information that they are teaming up against you; if they form strong opposition then it will be difficult for us. I am sure they will nominate someone for CEO position amongst them." Siddhant said with worried expressions.

"Sid Uncle, but due to complicated stake holdings of Maheshwari Business House, they will not have solitary say in decision, we are all major shareholders backing Sanskar" Neil defended his best friend with smirk.

"Yes I agree Neil, but Sid is also have point, voting is always secretive" Dev mentioned passing quick glance at Shekhar which was not missed from Sanskar's narrowed eyes.

"Don't worry Dev uncle, I know how to deal with them"

After meeting everyone left from meeting room leaving Sanskar and Neil alone, they were still discussing about the new SEZ project.

"What do you think who would be behind this? Even though we supressed the news, manipulated media. Rumors are still in the air and I feel somebody is giving blow to it making sure it stays in minds of public. Someone is hiding behind curtains, especially while manipulating shareholders and investors" Neil initiated their conversation.

"Sanskar do you think if somebody is backstabbing you" Neil asked with perplexed.

Neil's sudden statement captured all attention from Sanskar, he looked at his best friend for a moment.

'I am sure who is backstabbing me'

"We are always surrounded with people who are ready to betray on the first opportunity they get. And that is why I don't allow anyone to come near me."

"Sanskar, you are sounding scary?" Neil asked knowing Sanskar in and out.

He was not the person who would take any attack on his personal life and family, he would counterattack with bang,

'who wished for self-ruination?'

In Maheshwari House, Divya and Sujata were in patio for their afternoon tea, when Divya broached topic about Sanskar.

"Bhabhi, how is Sanskar?"

"He is fine, every day I make him sleep after his dinner"

"Divya I think you were right; we need to think about Sanskar's marriage. If any girl come in his life, he will have his life apart from his work. I want my old Sanskar back, who used to spend most of his time with us. I could not even realise when he closed himself in shell."

"Exactly Bhabhi, he is too much stressed out. Sid was also saying the same that Sanskar is taking too much on his head."

"But the question is will he agree?" Sujata mumbled with unsurety.

She was well aware about her son, he had created wall around his heart, and breaking those walls for any outsider except his family members, was next to impossible task for anyone.

"Bhabhi you talk to him. I am sure he will listen to you. I will talk to Sharmishtha Bhabhi, they will accept this readily. We all wanted this alliance from so long right?"

"No No Divya, let's take it step by step. I will talk to Sanskar. We also need to see if he is emotionally involved in any other girl or not. We cannot assume everything ourselves."

"Bhabhi do you have any second thoughts about Ragini? You never looked enthusiastic for Sanskar and Ragini's relation."

Sujata was always reluctant whenever there was talks about Sanskar and Ragini's alliance.

"It's nothing like that Divya. I just want Sanskar to lead happy married life with whoever girl he would choose for himself."

"Bhabhi Ragini is the best for him. She loves him, we will not get a girl like her."

"Let Sanskar decide this."

Divya was upset with Sujata's stand for this alliance.

It was night when Sanskar came out from washroom after changing in night cloths when he was greeted by his mother with bright smile standing in his room with small bowl in her hand.

"Mom what is this today?" Sanskar chuckled casually masking his earlier helplessness.

"Sanskar, do you know this is very effective ayurvedic oil. It will give peaceful sleep"

Sanskar obeyed his mother and sat on bed edge folding his legs and Sujata started massaging his jet-black hairs standing behind him.

"Mom whenever you massage like this, I feel peace. This is my major stressbuster. There is no match for this feeling"

"Then why do you take this much stress Sanskar? All are there why do you need to work more than your capacity?"

"Mom don't forget I am CEO, also we have expanded our business worldwide, and then competition has increased to maximum level. We need to be ready on all fronts." Sanskar reasoned out with closed eyes.

"Sanskar but you are forgetting that you have your personal life as well which is getting spoiled due to this business. What is the use of all this status, money, business expansion if my son does not have time for himself? He is not settled and happy in his life? Sanskar you need to understand at some point in your life you need to stop and see the people around you. The people, who love you, who care for you."

"Mom, I have you, dad and Uttu. I know you guys care for me, and I do care for you all"

He was not ready to accept any new change as of now, was not ready to allow someone to step in his complicated life.

"Sanskar, you seriously need to think about your marriage Beta. I feel this is the best time to get married. You need someone to hold you on path of your life. Today you might be thinking that you have everything surrounding you but Beta at one point of time you will realise your loneliness when you will see Neil or Sahil settling down and leading successful happy married life." Sujata caressed his hairs with love and care.

"Mom please not again"

"What happened Sanskar? Why are you so reluctant for the marriage?"

"Is there anything which I should be aware about? Is there any girl in your life?"

Mention of a girl in his life, automatically brought smile on Sanskar's lips, the girl running in woods and his encounter with Swara on Neil's engagement, those moments were replaying in front of his dark brown eyes.

"Is your sleeping disorder related to any girl?"

"No Mom, its nothing like that."

"Then what is it Sanskar? You need to settle down beta, why are you running away from this beautiful phase. Marriage will give stability to your life Sanskar; it is the relation which will be with you for life long. Whoever girl will come in your life, she will care for you, love you. She will be your better half.  Please son think about it not for me or your father or for family, think for yourself."

'I know Mom, you and everybody wants me to get married, but do I want to get married? Of course, I also want to settle down, but will I be able to involve in this pious relation with my heart?'

'I don't know why but I always felt that my heart is not with me but somewhere else, someone is calling me, someone is waiting for me.'

'Who is that girl in my dream?'

'What is her connection with me?'

'Why I always run behind her?'

'Why she calls me to run behind her?'

'Is she waiting for me'?

"Share values are going down Sanskar" Neil said in concern and continued skeptically "No major impact but shareholders and investors will surely make a scene out of it."

"I know, somebody is taking advantage of this situation. In fact, my gut feel is somebody has created it purposefully." Sanskar agreed and put forward his opinion and continued looking at his PA, "Mike buy all shares which are going down at higher price it will help to increase the value of our shares as well as we can sustain our stake."

"Sure Sir"

"We need a big news Sanskar to cover it"

"I know, I am wondering on my options for that big news."

"Do you have something in your mind?"

"Yes, there is one option which looks feasible, but... give me some time to figure out"

'Meet me at Gulmohar's Radiant Hotel 5 PM today. Need to talk to you about something' Sanskar typed the text for 20th time on the message display, he was about to hit the backspace as previously but then he closed his eyes and hit the send button taking deep sigh.

Sanskar asking her to meet in restaurant was like a dream come true for her, she blinked several times to assure her thumping heart.

This was the moment she was waiting for from so long, and today she was not going to leave any chance to capture his undivided attention. She thought this would be her first and last chance to make her place in his heart.

Ragini entered Mumbai's most luxurious hotel owned by Maheshwari's Gulmohar's.

Hotel staff guided her towards the roof top, she entered to see empty tables and Sanskar who was sitting on one of the tables while his concentration was fixed on typing something on his phone.

Ragini skipped her heartbeat looking at Sanskar who was dressed up in dark grey Burberry Suit and white shirt paired with matching tie, looked like he directly came from office to meet her.

Ragini took few steps towards him with thought she would be able to capture his attention, but he was still looking at his mails.

"Hi Sanskar"

"Please have a seat" Sanskar said in his cold tone keeping his mobile on the table.

"It's nice to meet you. I am happy that you called me. What do you...?"

"I am ready to marry you" Sanskar cut her in middle in straightforward and cold tone.

"Hmm?"

"What? Are you serious Sanskar?"

"Let me finish" Sanskar in stern voice and continued "this will be purely compromised marriage from my side. You can name it as business deal for me as well. You will hold the title of Mrs. Sanskar Maheshwari but apart from that nothing else. You and I will be complete strangers. You will not interfere in my life and same rule applied to me as well."

"Sanskar what are you talking about?"

"I know, it will take time for you to digest this, so you will have two days to think about. Message me once you decide" He started leaving towards exit again digging his head in his mobile.

"But why this will be a compromised marriage? We can have normal marriage Sanskar, we will surely work it out. I am ready to wait for you. And if you are not involved in this relation with your heart then why are you giving your consent?"

"I consider this is as my personal matter where you cannot interfere before or after your decision. You can decide for your life, there is no obligation from my side"

'How can I say no to marry you Sanskar? You are the only one dreamt of till date. I am ready for this marriage; this marriage is my dream. You will be mine. I will make you mine soon once this marriage is done. I will make sure this won't be a compromised marriage for us' Ragini thought taking deep sigh.

Sanskar was talking on the phone while walking towards elevators of Radiant to go downstairs when he saw Sahil talking with hotel staff and instructing them about some decoration on the other corner of the roof top of Radiant.

There was canopy which was decorated beautifully with red and white roses. Table under the canopy was filled with red rose bouquets, candles and drapes. Sahil himself was dressed in white shirt paired with Khakhi colour jacket and faded jeans.

'Is he proposing someone?'

Swara entered Gulmohar's reception and saw Sanskar walking along with his PA Mike.

Sanskar slowed down his speed of walking when he looked at the petite figure approaching towards him, dressed in white top and wine colour palazzo pants, she was looking as beautiful as goddess of pageant.

Sanskar could not take off his eyes from her beautiful face. He was seeing her after long wait, yes wait.

He hated to admit that he was dying from inside to get one look of her over these past days. He used to search about her on internet convincing his mind that he wanted to dig out any weakness of her, but he could not stop his fingers brushing over her pic displayed on his Mac screen.

Not a single day had been passed when he did not type her name on google search, looking for more information on her.

His crumbled heart used to be at peace, soft smile used to adorn his lips and eyes used to shine looking at her different pictures from business news.

When Swara looked at Sanskar, smile automatically enriched on her lips, she tried to mask her nervousness and excitement of seeing him after long time with professional coldness.

Sanskar's scrutinizing gaze did not miss to capture her restlessness; she was continuously fidgeting with fingers. Her big doe eyes were fluttering and were glancing at him every now and then. She had tightened her jaw and was biting lower lip.

He supressed his chuckle by pressing his lips at her shy, cute, frustrated yet innocent antics. Both were walking towards each other with thumping hearts.

Swara passed him and her Dior musky perfume engulfed him, bringing satisfactory smile on his face. He took out his sunglasses and moved out of the hotel talking back with his PA.

Swara turned and looked at his retreating figure not understanding why she always craved for his one look and pang in her heart whenever he went away from her.

She gulped audibly to push back her unshed tears. 'Why I always lost my every sense when he comes in front of me? Why he own a power to make me feel weak in my knees. I hate him. He is rude, arrogant and... and... and... My ENEMY.'

'How can someone be so innocent and cute even in her frustrated mood?'

'She was really pissed off when she could not mask her surprised look. Am I affecting her?' He has some effect on her, just a thought raised his heartbeat with maximum rate.

But his practical business mind criticized with his heart, 'Where are you going Sanskar?'

'No not again. Don't let her rule over your mind. She is your number one enemy, don't forget she betrayed you and she is the reason you had to agree for this marriage.' He turned his gaze towards car window to look out with dangerous smirk.

'Any update on Ms.Mehra?' Sanskar typed and send the message to Roger.

Swara entered top floor, she was moving towards Radiant Roof Top where Sahil had convinced her to come, but her mind was occupied with Sanskar, he always had this effect on her shaking her entire existence, taking her to a completely different world.

Swara was frustrated when she could not find Sahil, and the location he called her. She was reluctant to meet him, but he convinced her hard for dinner.

"Sahil where are you?"

"Hey Swara, I am here"

"May I please" Sahil said raising his hand with bright smile, capturing her attention back on him.

Swara put her hand in his with hesitation and passing tight smile. He took her towards the canopy.

"Sahil what is this?" Swara asked with doubt, taking back her hand which was earlier intertwined with his. She folded her both hands near her chest and passed stern look to Sahil.

Sahil and she had become good friends by now, and she was doubtful about his intensions. He used to make her feel like special on their every meet, he was caring and used to bring smile on her face with his silly antics.

"Come on Swara, don't make me nervous" Sahil said but his voice was filled with desperation.

He took deep breath and then went on his knees; he took out one diamond studded platinum ring from his jacket's pocket and raised it in front of Swara to confessed his love for her.

"I wanted to do this from long" Sahil said with grin and continued staring at her big doe eyes, "I still remember the day I saw you first time in that conference hall, fierce and confident. I lost my senses then and there; I did not understand what was this pull? Then we met on Neil's engagement and trust me you ruled my mind, my heart, my senses, my dream, everything. Thank you so much that you gave me a chance to become your friend. After each meet, I was falling for you crazily. I want you to be part of my life. I want to make you smile with my silly jokes for lifetime. I want to love you till my last breath. Ms. Swara Mehra Please be mine, will you please marry me?"

Destiny palmed her face, "Oops! this is getting more intense day by day. Soulmates are falling apart. Will they really fell apart or they will come together breaking every barrier."

************************************************

Precap:

What would be Swara's answer for Sahil's proposal? Yes or No?

Sanskar's reasons for his marriage decision?

What will be Sujata and Neil's reaction for Sanskar's decision?

Thanks for loving this story. Let me know how did you find this chapter in the form of your comments and votes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 11.1K 54
"I love you, Swara. I promise that I'll never let a single drop of tear come out of your eyes," he said while holding her hands. "I don't believe in...
1.6K 187 15
After the storm had settled and Meera had moved on with her life, a past she would avoid revisiting at all costs. She found herself ready for a new c...
132K 11K 54
Their lives were going smoothly with friendship ,care and love.. untill one day!! _________________________________ She felt something inside her bre...
653K 38.1K 34
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. °•°•°•°•° "Junoon ba...