Falling petals

By Hi1444

To be reborn in a game, and a romance game at that! Amber didn't expect to die from a small illness, only to... More

Prologue
What the heck?!
Why Me...
So this is why emperors like to surround themselves with beauties.
Who're you???
So who shall watch over her?
May have lost the feeling called shame.
....Why is no one fucking ugly???
A Fight Through Words.
A Wild Wolf
The first Meeting of Lifelong Friends. Part 1
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.2
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.3
The First Meeting of Lifelong Friends Pt.4
Dinnertime
I didn't give you permission
I died and gone to heaven
The Second Royal Child
The Second Royal Child Pt.2
A Fairy Like Women
Side story: A Grieving Man
An Unexpected Guest
Why?
The Meeting of Leaders
A Walk Through Memory Lane.
A/N A bit of that world.
A Sudden Visit of a Capture Target.
Don't Abandone Me Please
Lets be Friends
I'm Sorry.
Let's Help her Make More Friends!
A Sudden Meeting.
Her Smile
Sakura's Fate.
Nightmares.
A/N: A bit about this world
The Holy Priest
Best friend.
Are You Kidding Me...
Tragic First Love.
Her Fears.
An old Friend.
A promise.
The First Move.
Powerful Game Piece.
Kano's Devotion.
In position.
Change of Plans.
Commence the Plan.
What Went Wrong?!
Found.
Find a Way out.
What Type of Coincidence is This!?
Villainess vs. Villain
Deceiving
One of Many Ends.
Escape.
Hiding.
Finally.
Home.
Bath.
Shame on me.
Changes.
Sleep.
Imprisonment.
How did you know?
Side Story: 3 year old Sakura.
Adonis and Darius
No Thanks.
Magic
A Change
The Past should remain in the Past.
What is Happening!?
A Nightmare or a Prophecy
Release Them.
The Battle.
What will Happen in the Future?
Finally Heading Home.
Old Memories.
What the future will hold.
"From the first Dream..."
Too much of a Coincidence.
Are this things Valuable? Pt.1
Are this things Valuable? Pt.2
How do you know the Language?
Protect Him.
The Last Tear. part 1
The Last Tear. part 2
Through the eyes of the Divine.
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.)
The Celebration Banquet(3 years old.) part 2
Hidden Away.
What the Dreams Show.
The History of Magic
Control over Magic.
Controlling the flow of energy.
A Meeting of Friends.
Healing Wounds.
A Personal Servant
Hello Again.
Unwelcomed Guest.
What do you Know?
A Deal. Pt.1
A Deal pl.2
I Died by your Hand too.
Fallen Ill
A Message
What are you?

Buzz Off

3.3K 169 42
By Hi1444

"Move."

Sakura pushed the boy away and ran to Ivy, she stretched out her arms to Ivy, wanting to be held and away from the boy. But the brat didn't seem to take the hint.

He follows behind and was already in front of her, before she can retreat her arms back, he already scooped her up and lifted her from below her arms.
"Hehe, your very light. What's your name."

"None of your business. Let. Go."
Ivy and Daisy were starting to panic when they noticed the tone and expression of their Princess.

"I think the princess doesn't like him much..."

"I can see that Daisy, we got to interfere before it gets out of hand."

Before they could act, Hedwig takes Sakura from his grandson and carries her with one arm.

"Hey!"

"You stinking brat, can't you see you aren't liked. Sticking your face right on hers as a first meeting just ended up giving you negative points."

"Then you coming out of nowhere and lifting her up must have given you negative points too!" Just after he finished saying that, Sakura hugged Hedwig and hid her face in his chest. Hedwig looked at his grandson, and gave a triumph look, as if he won against him. The boy's face flushed in anger and he came running to his grandfather.

"Let me carry her! I bet she doesn't like the smell of old man."

"Hey!"

"Let me carry her, grandpa!"

"No! I don't wanna be carried by you."

Sakura looked down at him and huffed, turning away and resting her head in Hedwig's shoulder.

"Why not! Do you hate me?"

Sakura looked at the boy and her eyes grew a bit cold.

"Yes." She just said that and surprised both Daisy and Ivy. Because this really was the first time they have ever seen Sakura this way. It was if she was meeting an enemy rather than a strange boy she never met.

The boy looked up in shock and then tears started to fall from his eyes and then he started to cry.

Hedwig looked surprised too, he thought maybe she didn't like beastman, but if she didn't, she wouldn't be hugging him and stretching her hand behind him to touch his tail.

'How intresting. If I think about it more, when she first saw Phelan, she was surprised, but when she took a closer look, she scowled and right away displayed her dislike of him.'

While trying to understand why she hated his grandson. Sakura turned back down to the boy, making him feel maybe she will say something else.

"Your annoying, shut up." And he cried even more, he goes to his grandfather and grabs his free arm. Hedwig sighs and lifts the boy with his arm and let's him cry in his shoulder. But surprisingly, the boy stretches an arm out and grabs Sakura's dress while still crying. Sakura glower at the hand and tries to push it away, only to end up failing because of the strength of his grip.

'What the hell, is this really the strength of a 6 year old!? Fucking let go!!'

"Let go!"
"No!"
"Leth Go!!"
"No! Uwahh~"

"Uhh~ let goo!" For some reason Sakura started to tear up and was getting frustrated with the boy.

'Fucking bastard, in the route were you were her fiancee, you easily let go of her, so why can't you do that now!'

Before they knew it, both Sakura and Phelan were now crying in Hedwig's arms, causing the old man to panic and try to sooth both of them.

Ivy and Daisy quickly walk over and try to carry Sakura away, but she held onto Hedwig and cried on his shoulder while trying to get Phelan to let go of her dress, while the boy held on even tighter and cried on his grandfather's shoulder.

"Ah.... I was a step to slow." Seraph watches the total mayhem in a defeated state and calls out to them.

"I see that a situation has occured, what happened?" Taking steps closer and witnessing more of the situation, he was surprised to see Sakura cry so loudly, it may have been the second time he ever seen her like this, and that says a lot about this three year old child.

"Did something happen? Why are they crying this way?"

"Uhh hick uncle Seraph~" Sakura turns to the voice and leans away from Hedwig, reaching toward Seraph so he can carry her. That itself shocks Seraph as well, because this girl never called him uncle, nor was ever carried by him, till now.

He reaches out and removes her from Hedwig's arm, but there was an issue, the young boy still didn't let go. They tried harder but he just  wouldn't let go.

Wondering what they should do, Sakura's cries lowered to just whimpers and she rested her head in Seraph's chest while looking at the other boy. Noticing that she stopped crying and isn't trying to pry his hand off, the boy stopped crying too and just sniffled a bit.

"I wanna see papa."
"Ok your highness, let's go see his Majesty."

Seraph lightly pats Sakura in the back, as if he was coaxing a baby to sleep. He started to remember his sons when they were around her age, and noticed the difference between the two.

'Is it because girls mature quicker than boys? Because I really haven't seen much moments of Sakura throwing tantrums or crying like my sons had at her age? This truly was the only time I've seen her cry in anger.'

They all arrive at the royal office, and halfway through the walk there, Phelan already let go of Sakura's dress, and was just looking at her in indignation, feeling that she was hating him for no reason.
While taking that look in, Sakura huffed in anger and glared at him.

'Fucking bastard. You think your feeling wronged, how you think Sakura felt when you cut your engagement just to be with her half-sister!?'

"What are you saying!? You want to break our engagement of 10 years just because of Rose!?! Are you MAD!?!?"

Sakura felt her world crumbling down even more, her father punished her just because she tried to teach her sister the rules of the royalty and her grandparents saw her shameful display and were disappointed with her, even siding with Rose because they believe Sakura was being too harsh on her. And she knew Rose was getting too close to the other men, especially her fiancee, so she just warned her how inappropriate it was to be alone with another's fiancee. Phelan always defended their actions as just being close friends, that there wasn't anything going on, yet here he is trying to break their engagement for her!?

Sakura felt her vision grow dim and she ended up grabbing the table next to her, her other hand holding her head in pain.
"Sakura, I'm sorry. I truly am sorry. But I hope you don't continue to torment your sister after this."
He held Rose to his chest, as if trying to protect her from Sakura's outbursts. Watching his actions, something snapped.

"Torment? Torment!? I was teaching her the etiquette of our royal heritage! I was teaching her not to do things that will sully her name!!! Yet in the eyes of you people, I'm a villain who torments her half sister just because she is a Bastard Child!!"

Sakura threw the objects that were on top of the table, she yelled for the first time and lost her poised and cold demeanor. Phelan was surprised to see that she would reveal anything other that the calm interior she normally has.
"Saku-"

"Do Not. Say. My. Name!! Hearing it leave your lips disgust me." Sakura glared at the man, her eyes cold and empty. She squints in pain and grabs her hair.

'Hahahaha!! Your own fiancee fell in love with your half sister. She will gain all the love that you thought belonged you. You mean nothing to this people, even to this man who can be considered your childhood sweetheart."

"Shut up... shut up! Shut up!! SHUT UPPP!!!" Sakura screams in pain, frightening Phelan. Mihkael and the others who show up because of the commotion.

"What's happening here!? Sakura?" Mihkael notices her clenching her hair as if she wants to rip it off, the others who were always with Rose were appalled, they have never seen the proud and aloof Sakura like this. But then they saw Rose crying on the floor and they thought of the worse.

The son of the elf empress hurriedly held Rose in her arms.

"Did she do something to you, are you hurt anywhere?"

'Hahahahaha!! The first thing they ask is if you did something to her, not if you were ok. How fitting for a women who will never be loved by those she does.'

Sakura bits her lips, trying to have that pain distract her from her emotional and mental pain. Phelan notices something was wrong and walked closer, Mihkael right behind him. Only to see her biting her lips to the point a trail of blood was trickling down.

"Sakura! Stop, your bleeding, please stop!" He grabs her and tries to pry her mouth open, trying to stop her from making the wound worse. Mihkael notices the blood too and helps Phelan with it, only to find that she was strong, too strong for a person who didn't have any type of enhancing magic.

Sakura feels her mind grow more fuzzy, the voice was winning, she looks up at her father then at Phelan, a trail of tears falling from her eyes. She reaches a shakey hand to him and lightly rests her palm in his cheek. He flinches at the touch and looks at Sakura.

"I thought... maybe you would be able to end my suffering... maybe you wouldn't leave me like the others did for her.... you were my last hope." Her eyes grew dull, as if she fully gave up, when Phelan saw that gaze and felt her shaking palm, he felt something break inside of him, as if he shattered something that should have never been broken. Everyone else in the room felt that as well, as if they knew what was going to come after.

"Sakura, what-"
"I had enough... I want it to stop... will it stop if I destroy this world...?"
"!?!?"
"He... hehe... hahahaha!!! Fine then! I'll destroy it, I won't fight against it anymore!! I give myself away. I had enough..."

"Sakura!!" Mihkael quickly grabs her wrist, a terror filling his very soul when he heard her.

"What happened, what did you do!?" Mihkael was speaking to Phelan, but to Sakura, it felt like he was trying to blame her.

"Always..... always, always!!! It is always my fault!!!! When is it never my FAULT!? Is it so wrong to expect for someone to actually choose me over her? Is it wrong to want my father to praise and love me!? Is it wrong to fall in love and expect to be loved back!?! Even by my own Fiancee!?"
Sakura looked at her father and yelled out her emotions, he looked at his child and for the first time felt great guilt.

"Sakura... I didn't... you always made me proud..."
"LIAR!!! YOU LIE!!!"

Sakura stared at him as if she wanted to rip him apart. Mihkael never saw this or expected his child to ever look at him in such a way, but then he noticed something else, the blood that was leaving her lips was being consumed by a type of darkness, he looks toward her eyes, and sees only dark orbs. A chill went up his spine, he turns to Rose, to ask her to purify her sister, but it was already too late.

"Thanks to you fools, I was able to break her, now I truly have the worlds best puppet to use."

A voice that wasn't Sakura's left her lips and a evil sneer filled her lips. She used earth magic to push both Phelan and Mihkael away and a teleportation portal appeared behind her, but a mixture of corruption can be smelled and seen filling the portal.

Mihkael knew, if she walked through that portal, he would lose her forever, he didn't know what made him think that way, but he needed to stop it.

"Its no use. It will take you a while to go through her earth magic. Hehehe ta ta~ thank you all for making it easy to get this vessel, I'll make great use of it hahaHaHaHaHA!!!"

She looked at the struggling men who wanted to break through, and watched the despair fill their eyes when she walked backwards toward the portal, away from their vision.

What was the last thing everyone heard that day was Rose trying to break through and screaming her head off for Sakura to come back. Her hands bloodied from slamming her fist on the earth magic.
That day, Sakura succumb to the corruption, only to die a few days later.

The route to Phelan led to one of the saddest engagements annulment. The very moment her eyes lost all its luster and life was devastating. And then it was discovered the reason her mother died, her being used to get Rose mother in Mihkael's bed. All was revealed after that day, and then everything ended the same way, her dying.

Sakura felt even more frustrated when she glanced back at the boy, she turned away and waited for Seraph to enter the room.

"My princess, what's wrong?" Sakura looks at her father sitting in his chair, different papers stacked here and there. He stands up when he noticed dry tear marks in her face. Sakura can feel another round of crying was going to happen, she had Seraph put her down and she started to walk toward her father, but she didn't notice that Phelan was let down as well and walked toward her, he reaches out to hold her hand, but the moment he touched it, she slapped his hand away.

"I told you to leave me alone, buzz off!! Will you finally listhen if I told you to Fuck. OFF!!!" Sakura yelled at him, her voice laced with hatred and anger, even a bit of pain, it surprising everyone in that room.

The boy held his hand and looked at her, he saw in her eyes burning with wrath. But he didn't know why he didn't blame her, he wanted her pain to go away. He didn't know why he thought she was in pain, but he wanted to help her, no. He needed to help her.

"I'm sorry...."
"....huh?"
"I'm sorry." He spoke in a louder voice and looked her in the eye, he saw something waver in them but he didn't know what.

"Heh... too late." Sakura didn't react to him anymore. She turned away from him and walked to her father. Phelan felt like he lost something right there and then. But he felt like he shouldn't give up, that he should never give her up.

This was the first meeting between Sakura and a capture target, it itself changed the course of Sakura's fate. Maybe when she looks back at it, she later notices that the game Sakura never met the capture targets before the age of eight. Fate was stringing to a different tune. And it was a tune that can either lead to a even more tragic end, or the happy ending that she was searching for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 801 34
{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a little twist} "You have sentenced your death...
393 11 8
Zillael. A large country in the mountains, that was boasted of holy, righteous glory and best known for its pure clean lands, fresh crisp air, b...
520K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
44 1 28
The child population is at an all time low because of the increases of deadly diseases. Gangs start to rise up to use boys and girls for their own pe...