Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 84

4.7K 179 183
By Just_for_a_change

Blaze POV

Dex walked in as I was changing into my suit. I didn't know whether to go for a casual look with no tie and open collars or go all in.

Where is Jake when you need them? He is the fashion expert.

This could take a while.

I could hear the door open behind me. I didn't need to turn to see who it was.

"I want you to meet someone," Dex said as I adjusted the tie again.

He looked more tired than usual. Looked like he stayed up all night.

Behind him, I caught a familiar scent.

I growled before the man was in the room.

"He teaches IT at the college, his name is-"

I cut him off before he could complete.

"The perverted all geezer who couldn't keep his eyes off my mate," I said humourlessly.

The man nervously shuffled his feet, turning his weight from one foot to the other.

Dex looked confused for a second seeing me glare the newcomer, and then shook his head.

"That's because I asked him to keep an eye on Zara." Dex sighed.

"I figured it would be the best place to start if we really want to confirm if Zara had  inherited the powers or not."

His explanation made sense. Still, I didn't like how he had eyed my mate.

"And what did you find?" I asked sitting down on the bed while Dex sat on the chair beside my bed. The IT guy stayed standing.

"He thinks there is a strong possibility that Zara did inherit the powers. And has good control over it too." Dex said.

I couldn't help the pride that bloomed in my chest. It was a warm feeling.

Of course, she was excellent. She was handpicked for me.

"In the first class test, Zara had severely outperformed all the other students in her class. However, her grades have been consistently low or average since then. We think she is doing it purposefully to keep us from suspecting her." Dex said.

"But why would she need to cover it up? She performs just as well in other classes. She doesn't try to cover those up." I said, recalling her grades which I had seen in the background check that I got on her.

She was very intelligent. She was on par with my 17-year old self when she was 14.

"Well, she did something in this class that she didn't in the other classes," Dex said piquing my interest.

"On the first day, something had gone wrong with the computers in the IT lab. She had no contact with the computers but- "

"But I saw her eyes glow blue." The newcomer said excitedly, effectively cutting off Dex to his annoyance.

"Sorry alpha." He averted his eyes, showing his neck to Dex.

"Blue? Are you sure? I have never seen it. Her eyes are amber when she is human and glow neon green for her wolf. Bi-color eyes are rare even for a pure alpha blood. And you are saying that she has three color variations in her eyes?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, in our family records, bi-color eyes are quite common among the lineages. We have different color eyes as wolf and human. But tri-colors have been noted in occasionally rare cases." Dex said rubbing his neck.

"Which is?" I asked slowly.

"The recorded cases and files of our seventh lineages. The genes said to have power. Zara herself is the twenty-eighth in line which is a multiple of seven so it is to be expected. The powers get stronger with every multiple. So hers should be a much stronger combination of the previous lineages. Much stronger than mine." Dex said.

I slumped back.

I knew Zara was special but I didn't imagine it could be anything so crazy. With someone like her as the luna of the werewolf realms, protecting it, we would stand a strong chance against the vampires as well.

Could it be that we are that fortunate? To have an alpha king and a powerful pure-blooded luna all in the same generation?

"Do you have any other proof?" I asked fascinated.

"Well, we believe she was closely linked to the server attack from the ancient packs. No one there had the skillset or knowledge to pull something like that off." Dex said.

That makes sense. The ancient packs liked to keep things traditional. They tend to balk at technology a lot. It was suspicious when they could successfully launch a DoS.

That would years of server accumulation in the first place.

Or a few seconds of whatever my mate could do it seemed.

"And we also have reasons to believe that the time stamp you saw on the camera shot that day was modified," Dex said.

I was confused for a second before I remembered the flashing red hoodie incident. The blurred camera image of a person who allegedly left the pack. It was in the beginning of all this drama.

It seemed like such a long time before it happened. I couldn't find who the culprit was. If Zara really had powers like Dex said then breaching pack security details would be cakewalk for her.

Damn it.

That means she did leave and that she did meet with someone that night. Who could it be? A lover? I hated that was always the first possibility that my mind shifted to but why else would she have to leave. I needed to keep her under closer surveillance.

Come to think of it, a lot of incidences suddenly started to flood my mind. It was all starting to make sense.

How even the news I asked to be posted about Zara and I at the beach never took to the website forum even though I saw it being posted. The weird but convenient electrical shock that Hails got when he fought with her in wolf form and even how her pulse calmed down when she was around machines in general.

The last thing I had found was weird.

"Does this mean she can have an affinity to electricity and that the machine sounds can calm her?" I asked.

Dex and that man looked at each other weirdly.

"Um... we can't know for sure because her generation gets a skip but it is a possibility that she can manipulate electricity. In theory, she should be able to manipulate all engines, software and hardware-wise. And machines do generally have a meditative effect on the gifted wolves." Dex said.

Which means that we have a potentially dangerous werewolf with illegal and unregistered hacking capabilities and an affinity for electricity walking around the pack.

My life could not be any better.

It should be fine and I could handle her. As long as I can keep her close. 

But I always thought that what leveled the playing field for her against me was her speed against my strength. And I was relieved I never had to exert much force to dominate her. Now I am learning there might be more to the story.

Maybe the moon goddess didn't level the playing field for us with her speed but her electrical affinities. How do you fight against someone like that?

Knowing Zara she must already have a whole fighting style based on that.

Last time when I fought her, I could feel she was holding back on a lot of moves. This must be the reason why.

How could I win against something I have no training over?

We are going to be toast... literally

My wolf said dryly.

Or we could wear rubber slippers whenever we are around her. And we can even get four of them for your paws for every time you want to spend time with Zian. Can't know when she might zap ya.

I said, chuckling at the idea of my wold wearing rubber socks.

I am a wolf, not a horse. And even they wear stuff made of iron.

Xavier sighed.

We should be safe until she figures out we know. For now, it was best to play it safe and keep observing her.

And make sure she never leaves the campus again without me. 

Ever.

That still bothered me. And the amount of training she seemed to have in disciplining her wolf and even her fighting style.

"Did you find anything about the three years?" I asked.

Dex sighed.

"Nothing Alpha, if she went to the human realm she would leave traces. It's impossible to move around without it. We even checked under aliases. She has never gone to the human cities." Dex said.

I stilled.

"Where do you think she was?" I asked quietly.

Dex looked at the IT teacher motioning for him to leave. He immediately scurried off looking glad to have done so.

"She already covers her aura so well and has completely blocked off her mate bond with you," Dex said, making me growl.

"That requires months if not years worth of training. She couldn't have done it alone," Dex said.

"You are suggesting...?"

Dex nodded.

"I could have added in the possibility that she lived in isolation if her skills hadn't improved so much but with things as they are... " he trailed off.

"She may be working with the vampires." I finished it for him.

If that was true she would be tried in court. The consequences of betrayal are unthinkable.

My heart sank. What will we do if that were true?

But I knew if it ever came down to it, I would probably take the fall with her. The conviction scared me. It wasn't all coming from my wolf. The need to protect her even with everything as it is. I would never let anything happen to her.

I could only imagine the mental state she was in to have sided with them.

At least now, I know what I am dealing with.

Still, for now, I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Even though it seemed useless now.

"You might wanna go with casual," Dex said smirking as I turned to the door.

"Thanks"I smirked back as I walked out to find my mate.

Hey lovelies,

I hope you liked this extra-long, surprise update. It was to make up for all the last skips.

Anyways, Blaze seems to be getting closer to revealing Zara's secrets. Comment and let me know what you think.

Until next time! 😉

P.S If you want to see more of this, please check out my Instagram account @ kr_i_ya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

597K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
847 39 19
When you are a werewolf, you care about only three things: The first one is your pack, second one is your family and the third and most important one...
52.4K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
23.1K 1.2K 54
"I, Amelia Anderson, reject Nickolas Adams II as my mate." I have had enough. I don't know why I didn't even reject him the second I arrived here. Wh...