Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

By angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... More

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
25 - The First Task
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
40 - A new Keeper
41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts
42 - The Heir of Gryffindor
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
53 - The Knight bus home
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

31 - The Third Task

48.3K 1.5K 7.2K
By angelraeken

Fred was right, the third task came around faster than you all had expected. You all didn't have long until dinner and then once you'd all eaten it would be time to head down to the Quidditch pitch to watch the final task. You were currently getting changed to head down for dinner. Due to how nervous you were you decided to wear Fred's jumper again. It smelt like gunpowder, spearmint toothpaste, cinnamon and a faint whiff of the Quidditch equipment. It was a comforting smell which calmed you in an instant. 

You finished getting ready and headed down to the common room to meet the boys. As you walked down the stairs you saw the majority of Gryffindors holding banners and had their faces painted in support of Harry. It made you smile seeing how much they supported him, he deserved it. 

"There you are!" Lee called as you walked closer to him and the twins. "Ready for dinner?" 

"When aren't I ready for dinner?" You smirked back as you all made your way to the Great Hall. 

"Have I ever told you how cute you look in my jumper?" Fred leaned down to whisper in your ear as you walked to the hall, a surge of confidence flooding him as he spoke. 

"You might have mentioned it." You smirked at him. The two of you smiled as you entered the hall. 

"MUM?" George's voice caught your and Fred's attention. Looking towards the Gryffindor table you saw Molly and Bill sat eating. 

"Hello dears!" Molly smiled as you all sat down at the table. 

"Molly what are you doing here?" You asked as you sat opposite Bill. 

"The families of the Champions were invited to watch the final task and here we are!" She smiled brightly but her eyes quickly shifted to what you were wearing. She looked at the 'F' on your jumper and immediately shifted her gaze between you and Fred. As you two sat next to one another. Bill noticed his mothers reaction causing him to smirk. 

"(y/n) that's a nice jumper you've got there." Bill kept his smirk as he pointed to the jumper. You decided to have some fun with this. 

"Why thank you Bill. If you take a closer look you'll notice that it's actually your brothers." You smirked back at him as you continued to eat whilst Fred started to go red. 

"Miss McGonagall?" The familiar sound of Dumbeldores voice caused you all to look up at the man who was now standing in front of you all. 

"Yes sir?" 

"Mr Potter has requested you to walk him into the arena. I will need your presence at the Champions tent now." 

"Oh- oh right... I'll head there now." He nodded and waltzed off. "Sorry everyone." You excused yourself from the table but before you could leave, Fred grabbed your hand and spoke. 

"I'll get you something from the kitchen when the task is over." 

"My hero." You smiled at the boy as you left the hall and made your way to the Quidditch pitch. 

You couldn't help but laugh to yourself at the thought of how Oliver would react if he saw the Quidditch pitch's new look. The pitch was unreconisable. It now had three large stands facing the entrance to the final task which you now knew was a maze. Chatter could be heard from the tent and one of the voices that could be heard was Mr Diggory who was more than likely here to support his son. 

"(y/n)!" Harry's voice rang out as you walked into the tent. The boy ran into you and flung his arms around you nearly knocking you over. 

"God Harry." You laughed slightly as you wrapped your arms back around the boy. "Everything okay?" You asked the boy as you pulled back. 

"Other than the fact I have to venture into a dark maze in a few minutes and face creatures that I thought would never exist then yeah I'd say I'm okay." 

"Brilliant, I'm sure you'll be fine. Besides you're first as it is." 

"Along with Cedric." 

"Hmm true but you're Harry Potter." 

"When has that ever worked in my favour?" You laughed slightly at his words gaining the attention of Amos Diggory.

"My, if it isn't (y/n) McGonagall! Wonderful to see you again." He slightly pushed Harry out of the way to shake your hand. 

"It's wonderful to see you too Mr Diggory." He was shaking your hand for a rather long time before Cedric jumped in. 

"Leave her dad I'm sure she doesn't want to be shaking your hand all night." Cedric pulled his father away before directing his focus back onto you. 

"Didn't think I'd see you here tonight." 

"I'm full of surprises." You shot back. 

"Let me guess, you're here to support Potter?" 

"Well you didn't exactly request me here did you?" You smirked at the boy. A sudden cough made you all turn around. 

"Champions, friends and family. We will now leave through the tunnel and exit at the entrance to the maze. There you will face your final task. I wish you all the best of luck." Dumbledore gestured to the exit which you all started to walk down. 

"Nervous Harry?" You asked as you lead him down the tunnel. 

"A little." 

"You'll do brilliantly after all, you're far younger than Cedric, Krum and Fluer and look how well you've done already." 

"Thank you (y/n) I'll just be glad when it's all over." 

"You and me both." 

The two of you walked towards the entrance where you were met with the cheers of the three schools. Coloured banners lit up the sky as Dumbledore started his speech. 

"Earlier this evening, ProfessorMoody placed the Triwizard Cupwithin the maze. Only he knowswhere it resides. As the scoringis close, the first to touch theCup will become the firstTriwizard champion in over one hundred years!" The crowd cheered even louder at his words. Dumbledore now spoke to the four champions alone as you and the parents awaited for them to depart. 

"How're you feeling?" Mad-eye made his way over to you. 

"I'm okay. Harry'll be fine so I'm okay." 

"I'm sure he will be." The man licked his lips rather fast. Something you'd never seen him do but upon noticing your confused expression he backed away and straightened himself out. Harry and the other Champions walked back as Dumbeldore explained that he and Cedric would be entering the maze first. 

"Good luck Harry. Please be careful." You two hugged each other. 

"I hope I get a good luck hug too." Cedrics voice could be heard as you pulled away from Harry. 

"Only because you saved me from the lake. Good luck Cedric. Be safe." You moved closer to Cedric and pulled him in for a hug. Meanwhile in the stands The Weasley's were witnessing the whole thing. 

"Calm down Freddie it's only a hug." George mocked. Fred didn't utter a word but elbowed his brother in the ribs.

"Wait why would you care Fred? Unless you fancy her... DO YOU FANCY HER?" Bill added. 

"Fancy her? Fancy who?" Molly now became invested in the conversation. 

"(Y/N), FRED FANCIES HER!" Bill yelled. 

"NO I DON'T!" Fred defened himself. 

"Well she is a lovely girl Fred-" 

"Mum I don't fancy (y/n)!" Fred spoke in a strict tone. 

"Hello everyone." You now stood at the end of the row smiling at the family. 

"(y/n) dear! What are you doing up here?" 

"Coming to sit with you, the task has begun..." You gestured to the maze where now none of the champions stood. 

"Oh sorry dear, here." Molly stood up and pointed to the empty space in between Fred and Bill.

"Yeah sorry (y/n/n) Fred was just talking about-" George started.

"New inventions! You know for the shop..." Fred interrupted. 

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" You smiled as you sat in-between the boys.

"How is he?" Molly asked you. 

"He's okay, nervous but he's alright." You smiled back at the woman.

"And now we wait." Ron huffed as he leant back in the stands like the rest of you. 

You and Bill were deep into conversation about his work in Egypt and the rest of tournament when red sparks coming from the maze caught your attention. Being lead out was Fleur, she was shaking and looked as if she'd seen the dark lord himself because of how pale she'd now turned. 

"You know Bill if you're that concerned you can go down and see her." You smirked at the older boy who looked rather concerned about her well being. 

"Do you think Harry's alright?" Fred asked. 

"He better be." You started to bounce your leg in anticipation. 

---

It felt like hours before anything else really happened. Krum was now back but Cedric and Harry were yet to leave the maze. You were about to leave the stands and go down to meet Dumbledore and ask him if they'd seen anything or know if the both of them were okay but that thought was ripped out of your head when Harry appeared holding the cup.

 He was laying on the floor with another body by his side. The body wasn't moving, he was now clutching it and crying. You stood up, filled with worry and ran towards the boy whilst everyone started to cheer clearly not realising Harry's emotions. 

"Harry!" You ran towards the boy and fell to your knees to see him clutching Cedric the only thing was, Cedric wasn't moving. "No, Cedric!" You moved your hand to hold the side of his face but it'd turned pale and cold. Cedric was dead. "No! No! No!" You started to panic. "Harry what happened to him?" 

"He's back! He's back!" Your eyes widened at his words knowing exactly what he meant. 

"He asked me to bring him back... Icouldn't leave him... not there..." Harry cried. 

"It's all right , Harry. He's home. Both of you are now..." Dumbledore had now made his way over to Harry and tried to calm him down but it wasn't working. 

"The body has to be moved. There are too many people." Fudge had now made his way closer, eyeing Cedric's body. Harry fell back slightly which gave you a chance to move closer to Cedric. You held his pale face in your hands and leant down to place a kiss on his forehead as you started to sob harder. 

Two strong arms quickly pulled you away from his body and into a hug. The same comforting smell of the jumper you were wearing confirmed to you that it was Fred. "Fred... he- he's gone..." 

"Shh, it's okay... I know, it's okay." He softly spoke in your ear as he smoothed down your hair. 

"Potter's hurt, Albus should I take him to the hospital-" Your mother asked. 

"No. My office! Take him to my-" Dumbeldore demanded. 

"Let me through! Let me through!" You could hear Amos yelling as he pushed through the crowd. 

"For god's sake, Albus! Amos Diggory's coming!" Fudge moaned. 

"That's my son! That's my boy!" The man sobbed as he saw his sons lifeless body on the floor. He dropped down and cradled him in his arms. Crowds of students had now started to form, some were crying others were looking at his body as if it couldn't be real. 

"Come, Potter. This is not where you want to be right now. And you McGonagall!" You lifted your head at Mad-eyes words. 

"What?" You questioned as Fred tightened his grip on you slightly. 

"Come with me and Potter." He demanded. You pulled away from Fred but gave his hand a reassuring squeeze as you and Harry walked off with him. 

"I don't trust him." Fred said as he watched you and Harry walk into the shadows. Fred wasted no time into informing your mum and Dumbledore where you three had gone. Meanwhile, you and Harry entered a room to what seemed to be his office. 

"Well. Here we are. You allright?" He asked looking at you. 

"I think that question is better aimed at Harry rather than me." You pointed to the boy whose arm was cut open.

"You all right Harry?" Harry just nodded at his words. "Now, tell me what happened."

"The Cup ... the Cup was aPortkey..." As Harry spoke the trunk in the office started to rattle. 

"Yes, clearly someone bewitched it.But what happened? Tell me what happened."

"It was... wrong. From the start.Someone attacked Fleur. Krum, Isuppose. But... he didn't seemhimself somehow- Krum. Hiseyes... when I looked in his eyes,he wasn't there, not really. It was as if he'd been cursed, as ifsomeone were controlling him, using him like a puppet orsomething... like the Imperius curse." Harry said.

"Krum's not important, Potter. What happened after? What happened when you got to the graveyard." You gave him a confused look. 

"Graveyard?" You questioned, even Harry looked confused. 

"It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. Into a nightmare..." You cut Harry off before he could utter another word. 

"Harry never mentioned  a graveyard." Moody tensed up at your words and much like earlier his tongue darted across his lips. 

"Professor... it was you who put the cup in the maze. So you would have known before hand if it was bewitched. Wouldn't you?" Harry asked.

"Unless..." You trailed off not wanting to know if what you thought was the truth. The trunk rattled again as Harry spoke.

"It's you. It's been you from the beginning, from the moment you put my name in thetheGoblet of fire." Moody was full of rage at his words and began to yell.

"Tell me what happened! I need to know what happened!" You stood in front of Harry, defending the boy before pulling your wand out. 

"Back away from him." 

"You remind me of your mother..." 

"What?" 

"She was a brave woman-" He stopped as if his face prevented him from talking even further. He started to panic and search the room for something yet he coudn't find what he was looking for. He turned back to face you but froze again when the office door swung open. Moody fell back at the sudden burst of light. Now in the doorway stood Dumbeldore, Snape, your mum and Fred was standing behind them. 

"Up!" Dumbeldore yelled at Moody who was now being thrown into a chair. Fred ran in and stood in front of you and Harry with his wand pointing towards Moody. Your mum noticed and pulled the three of you to stand behind her, Dumbledore and Snape.

"Severus, you wouldn't happen to have a little something to encourage cooperation?" Snape pulled out a small vial of Veritaserum from his cloak. They pulled Moody's hair so his head fell back and poured in a drop of the potion. 

"Do you know where you are?" Dumbledore asked. 

"Hogwarts Castle." He replied. 

"Do you know I am?" 

"Albus Dumbledore" He spat. 

"And you? Are you Alastor Moody?" 

"No." The man choked out. 

"Is he nearby?" The man nodded at his words. Dumbledore started to scan the room for the real Mad-eye. 

"Is he in this chamber?" The man nodded again as he pulled out a small flask from his robes. Snape lifted his wand and broke the locks on the trunk that Harry once sat on. There at the bottom of the trunk was the real Mad-eye Moody. 

"That's Moody. But if that's... then..." Harry trailed off. Dumbledore grabbed the flask the man on the chair had in his arm and noticed the smell instantly. He passed it to you. 

"Polyjuice potion..." 

"I think we now know who's beenstealing from your stores, Severus." At his words the man in the chair started to thrash around and scream in pain. Fred pushed you back slightly, holding his arm out to protect you if anything were to happen. Within seconds the man who you believed to be Alastor Moody was no longer sat in the chair. 

The man sat in the chair, now looking straight at you was Barty Crouch Jr. Your Godfather.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 472 26
Irina "Iris" Black was raised by her godfather, Remus Lupin. She had never met her father. Now, Iris is off to her first year of Hogwarts. She become...
122 2 8
"I truly don't know anyone like you." "Good, I should hope not." Chloe Lupin has an expertise in Arithmancy and Ancient Runes. She is much more unsur...
92.4K 2.8K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
1M 31.4K 200
***Completed*** 337k words **Some 18+ content! consider this your official warning!** When Violet steps onto the Hogwarts Express for the first time...