The Hero From Beyond (MHA x O...

By T-Generation2378

There are many quirks in the world. Some used for good, some for evil, and others that are simply a burden. B... More

Chapter 1: Seven Years Ago
Chapter 2: Breaching Limits
Chapter 3: High School Plans
Chapter 4: Entrance Orientation
Chapter 5: Entrance Exams
Chapter 6: Chances of Regret
Chapter 7: All or Nothing
Chapter 8: Combat Training Part 1
Chapter 9: Combat Training Part 2
Chapter 10: Attack On the USJ
Chapter 11: The Demon Within
Chapter 12: Preparation
Chapter 13: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 14: His Standards
Chapter 15: Seshin VS. Sicuto
Chapter 16: The Hero From Beyond
Chapter 17: You Are a Pirate
Chapter 18: Dreams Come True
Chapter 19: Bar Fight
Chapter 20: Showdown in Hosu- Part 1
Chapter 21: Showdown in Hosu- Part 2
Chapter 22: Getting Back Up Again
Chapter 23: Internship Final
Chapter 24: He Did What Now??
A Change in Perspective: Riyaki Sicuto
Chapter 25: This Is Not What We Studied For
A Change in Perspective: Orika Auxoriya
Chapter 26: Practical Exam
Chapter 27: Shopping Trip
Chapter 28: Arcade Avenue
Chapter 29: Endurance Training
Chapter 30: Unsettling Welcome
Chapter 31: You Thought You Were Training Before?
Chapter 32: Small Friendly Competition
Chapter 33: In the Dark
A Change in Perspective: Hikari Samae
Chapter 34: Pursuit

A Change in Perspective: Plague

239 12 18
By T-Generation2378

Author's Notes: With school falling upon us, it's gonna be hard to keep up with my self-bestowed deadlines. Chapter 18 was published late, yes. To make up for that, here's a mini-chapter that focuses on another OC of mine. Everybody has a backstory, including villains. So I thought it'd be fitting to share the backstory and thoughts of my villain OC, Plague. I might do another 'Change in Perspective' in the future for another character. We'll just have to see how this one turns out. If you'd like to see another Change in Perspective chapter, comment below what you think about this guy and who's eyes you'd like to see through next in these mini-chapters. Stay safe, and God bless!!

It's ironic really. They say the world supports dreams of many kinds. Apparently those dreams aren't any one of mine. My life is just one big train wreck. I got problem after the other and they're still coming.

I'm sitting at my desk computer in my crappy, one-room apartment and staring at the black market screen. No offers. It's been months since I made some decent dough, so why aren't I getting anywhere? I impatiently tap my desk until grabbing a plastic bottle and spit out some extra spit. Call it a habit, but I have to do it. I don't wanna swallow my own venom and waste my antidotes. Those are for my victims who cooperate.

A knock on my door sounds and a letter drops through the slot. I lazily stand and walk over to grab it. While I glance at who it's from, I take it back to my desk and toss it in the trash can with the others. Just bill reminders. Nothing crazy important.

Ugh. How did I get here? It's tragic really. I was gonna change the world, and why not? Anyone can make a difference. Truth be told, I wasn't always a lowlife thug. Before I gave myself the villain name, Plague, I went by a different name: Professor Vakuma Taliki. I'm a skilled chemist who was gonna be a hero even with this quirk. I determined a formula that would solve world hunger by making an instant growth fertilizer. Turns out, my venom had most of the ingredients I needed. I just needed proper equipment. So I gathered investments from companies of many kinds. Just like that, I racked up three-thousand dollars and got straight to work.

I was so close to finishing the project when something went terribly wrong. I can't say what exactly, but something caused my lab to go up in smoke. It destroyed everything in there but me. I ended up with this burn across the right side of my face and going permanently blind in my right eye. I was devastated. My work was gone and things only got worse. I now owe all those companies money for their wasted investments. Greedy of them, I know, but the matter was even taken to court, and they won. But I don't have that kind of money.

I tried to find a few things I can make a living off of. I started a small business in the black market to sell small portions of my venom. That didn't get me very far; only seventy dollars. I even joined a gang later that was unstoppable. But after a couple months or so of that, the gang disbanded and our leader tuned himself in. That only got me around five hundred or so.

I was desperate. My business was crashing, and I had no job to grab myself. Then I met him. Some black market advertiser who goes by the name Giran hacked my account and said he wanted to offer me something. He introduced me to the League of Villains led by a powerful villain known as All for One and his right hand man, Tomura Shigaraki. Dang, can that guy advertise. What sold me was his 'promise' that they could make dreams come true. I needed money to get outta this debt so that's what was promised as a reward for getting rid of All Might.

We tried to do just that in our most recent attack. Despite how strong All for One's quirk is though, All Might remains standing. Who's fault is that though?! I told ya, Shigaraki! My venom could take the guy out with one shot, and where do you put me during our attack on the USJ?? You put me in a fricken simulator to kill a buncha kids!! I can do more if you would just let me!

. . . *sigh*

On the subject of that attack, who would've thought that the person I want to kill most would be a high school teenager? I know what you're thinking: my standards are way above that. A kid should be below me, but look at Shigaraki: he has a to-kill list, and currently, one's at the top of it. The brat I wanna kill is stupid strong and took out Blood Moon with just one hit from a baby ghost thingy. Maybe the runt'd be dead if the rest of those cowards in the simulator backed me up. Plus, he reminds me of someone. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about those eyes brings back a few memories.

Suddenly, a purple portal opens at the side of the room and Kurogiri steps in. "Shigaraki wants you to see him at the meeting junction."

"Hey, Smokey," I say over my shoulder. "Maybe knock next time?"

"Keep up that attitude, and you won't get your pay." The nerve.

"According to how many times you've threatened me like that, I feel like my promised reward is all a hoax. I didn't join the League of Villains for Handy Manny's sake, but for my own."

"Like it or not, you're still coming."

"Yeah yeah, I know." I grab and slide my gas mask over my face. After adjusting it properly, I stand and walk through the swirling vortex to the bar the league meets at. Upon coming through, I see Shigaraki sitting at the bar with his hand mask on and a small shot in front of him.

"Took ya long enough," his high, raspy voice greets me. "And you do realize I can hear you through those portals, right?"

"What do you want?"

"Plague, was it? I have a task just for you."

"Why me specifically?"

"You're one of the few henchmen who survived the USJ attack. Normally I don't meet up with my thugs like this, but I've picked up that you have potential."

"Heh. 'Bout time."

"You've heard of the Hero Killer, Stain. I just had a meeting with him. I thought he'd make a nice addition to the team."

"The results?"

"Turns out he's a sicko. Gnh, so obsessed with bringing more heroes like All Might into the scene. To do that, apparently, he's gotta kill 'false heroes.' Messed up logic. I'll show 'im who terrorizes the streets in this country." He clutches a shaking fist as if to vow revenge. "We're launching an attack in Stain's next target location, Hosu. We'll steal his thunder and make sure he gets our message. This is where you come in." He finally turns to look at me. "The master has four Nomu ready. As you know, however, those mutants are brain dead and need masters to pilot them. I can handle two and Kurogiri, one. That leaves one more, so I have two options: since I'm without a third reliable person to control the last one, I can leave it behind and make due with the three, or I can rely on you to instruct the Nomu and bring Hosu to the ground." He gives a slight, sinister chuckle. "What do you think I should do?"

I glare at him back while I contemplate my options. He's gotta be insane. I finally sigh. "I hate you, you know that?" Shigaraki doesn't seem the least bit shocked at my statement. "I'm not at all a fan of yours. Just the thought of you makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. If I didn't know better, I'd mistake the feeling with choking on my own venom. But I know an opportunity when I see one. This will add to my wages, right?"

"Naturally."

". . .  Fine. Do you want the Nomu to sick on Stain?"

"No no. We're just gonna keep the glory from him, that's all." He turns back to the bar and hangs his head over his drink. "He attacks again within a day or so, so be ready. When he strikes, we strike."

"Understood." I sigh.  "See ya." I turn back toward the portal.

"Hold up. One more thing." I look over my shoulder as Shigaraki stops me. "After our attack makes the front page in the next paper, you'll be scouting for others who we've influenced to join us. Got that?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll be ready." After waiting a few seconds for Shigaraki to respond, I leave back through the portal to my place when he doesn't. The purple vortex closes behind me, and I take my mask off. I spit again before sitting back down.

A Nomu entrusted to me, eh?  This should be interesting and fun. I can take hostages and set traps for any goody-two-shoes pros!

I glance at my computer and shut it off.  I got nothing better to do. Might as well stake a claim as to where I'll be tearing down. I rattle some change for the train in my pocket to make sure it's there before opening my door and head out.

——————————————————————————————————————

At Hosu, I get off the train and look around. Step one: find a base I can conduct the Nomu from. I walk through the gate and around the busy streets. This is pretty new to me. The only schemes I've played a part in were break-ins and surprise attacks. I've never had this much time to lay out a secret base.

Let's see... the best bases are ones I can see pretty much anything from, so something tall. At the same time though, something with a bit of cover I can duck into. Finally, I'll need a lot of space from my control point in case I get caught and need to make a get away. I'm scanning the tall buildings around me when one catches my eye. It's about three stories tall with what looks like solar panels on the roof. I smile. Perfect. Now I just gotta scout the place with a good excuse and map out my routes. The worst thing that can happen: they recognize my burn and call the heroes on me.

I round a corner and find the front door of the building. I push open the door and shove my hands in my baggy pants, trying to look as normal as possible. The first thing I see is a lady at a reception desk, so that'll be where I get my permission. The counter is nearly covered with many pamphlets and small signs with words of encouragement. I trudge on over and knock on the desk to get the woman's attention. She looks up from some paper work and at me.

"Oh! Yes, sir! How can I help you?"

"Yeah, toots, I noticed this place was open, so I was wondering if I can use your bathroom. See, my place is uh..." It's then that I'm casually scanning over the small slogans set up on the desk. They all seem to have a theme to them. There are reassurances like, 'We'll be there!,' and 'Criminals, beware!.' My heart beats faster as my eyes wander from the woman and at a banner on the high side of the room.

I nearly choke on my venom as I read the welcoming sign. 'Mythical Rescues Agency.' Ahhhh, peanuts. I just walked into a hero agency.

"Sir?" The lady waves to get my attention back. "Are you alright?"

"Uhhhh... I.. uhh...." I gotta get outta here!!

"Oh! Good afternoon, sir!" a feminine voice greets from behind. My heart jumps in panic as I turn toward the new voice. "How can we help you?"

Standing at the front door now are three people with rich costumes. Heroes for sure. One is a woman with fox ears and nine waving tails. She's also wearing a white kimono dress decorated with flowers of many kinds. The others are teenagers that don't really look familiar. One of the children, a shy girl, is lightly armored and has dragon wings and tail slightly waving behind her. The other kid is a stern-looking boy wearing a crimson feather cloak. He removes his hood to let ash spill from his fiery red hair down to his feet.

"Uhhhh...." I'm caught! I'm caught for sure!!

"Miss Kitsune?" the receptionist answers for me in a confused tone. "This man just came in and said he needed to use our restroom."

She's suspicious!!

"Yes, of course!" the pro, or Kitsune, responds with a smile, not questioning the matter whatsoever. "Unfortunately, sir, the guest bathrooms are out of order. But we have others upstairs." She looks at the feathered boy. "Phoenix, could you lead our guest to the restrooms upstairs?"

"Mom," the feathered kid whispers then gets too quiet for me to hear.

The pro just smiles, and I can almost see a strong, blue aura glow around her as to hint a bit of impatience. "Please?"

"But-. Yes mam. C'mon, Luna." Phoenix glances at the dragon girl and gestures for her to follow him. He walks past me with a look of annoyance. "Right this way, sir," he grunts.

Having no other choice, I follow the kids to a staircase in a room over. I'm dangerously outnumbered and without my crossbow! I can't start a fist fight in enemy territory! They could have recognized me and be taking me to a cell room, and I don't even know it! This is not good! I need an excuse of some kind! Anything! Anything at all!

While walking down the hallway, I suddenly stop, surprising the two brats as they stare at me. "Well!" I panic. "Too late. I just crapped my pants. Thanks anyways! Cya!" I speed walk back down the hallway as they stare at me in what I'm sure is utter skepticism. I gave my excuse way too quickly like it was all one word. I continue walking down the stairs, through the lobby, and out the door. Thankfully that 'Kitsune' pro wasn't around the lobby, so I avoided a more superior threat.

I continue my casual walk till I duck into an alleyway to recompose myself. That was way too close! Even if they didn't suspect anything, I'd lose it for sure! I'm on the verge of calling it quits, but that's not gonna stop me. Pull yourself together, Taliki! Why should I be worried? After all, that was a rescue agency, people more specialized in recovering people from catastrophic events. Even so, they did look pretty strong. Quick note to self: look before you leap. Anyway! Time to get back on track.

I happen to look up at one of the buildings I'm hiding between. It's similar to what I just into in appearance. This should be good. Now, to plan my contribution for the attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714 82 9
I promise to whatever God or Universal being may exist, that if you let me out of this - if you let me live a normal life, quirkless or not, I'll nev...
18.6K 313 26
I like to live life to its fullest and when I decided to do what's right in the world I was called a fucking vigilante! so I actually became one. The...
441 15 4
When Y/n L/n developed his quirk he grew to be scared of it and himself. The quirk he had would allow him to bend reality sort of so he could turn in...
82.9K 1.2K 8
Note: This is a girls of BNHA x male reader. no genderbents. Description/ Summery: When I was young, I thought was Quirkless, and powerless. Everyone...