Chapter 6: Chances of Regret

Author's notes: I might as well explain a few things as to clear up any confusion. What I'm doing to Class 1-A is simply adding four students, bringing the student number to 24. I know each student in the series has their time to shine, so I'll be creating the challenges and other things for the four. Because of this, more characters will be added to the story. I'll also be changing some ranking positions that I think would best suit the characters. Positions like in the Sports Festival and things like that.

Secondly, I know I've been using some new terms to describe some quirks, like mutation and trickster. This is because I've categorized quirks into groups that best suit their characteristic. Might as well explain. I have six categories for quirks: Attackers, Amplifiers, Mutations, Tricksters, Manipulators, and Supports.

Attackers are basically elemental quirks like Todoroki's Half-Hot Half-Cold Quirk and Kaminari's Electricity Quirk. Why I didn't just name the category Elementals, because I figured Aoyama's Naval Laser and Ashido's Acid would best fit here.

Amplifiers are quirks that boost one's natural ability. This is the category for where Iida's Engine Quirk and One-For-All would fit. They're quirks that boost a trait anyone can do and apply it their body in some way.

Mutations are quirks that change one's appearance and abilities completely. These sort of quirks are mostly animal quirks, so quirks like Asui's Frog Quirk and Ojiro's Tail Quirk would best fit here.

Tricksters are pretty much the "other" category. These quirks are ones that are least expected and surprise people easily. These basically have nothing to do with the user's appearance, so good examples would be quirks such as Tokoyami's Dark Shadow and Yaoyorozu's Creation.

Manipulators is actually shortened from Quirk Manipulators. These are quirks that have to do with another person's quirk. There aren't many examples, but the best ones I can think of are Aizawa's Eraser Quirk, All-For-One's Quirk, and Monoma's Copy.

Finally, there's the Supports. The name's pretty self-explanatory. These are quirks that support others, whether by healing or strengthening them. Examples of these are Recovery Girl's Heal Quirk and La Brava's Love Quirk.

Alright, enough of me geeking out. Enjoy the chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week has gone by, and I anxiously wait for my results. To get my mind off things, I'm usually meditating, working toward flame number six. While this form of training has helped me to become a patient person, my mind keeps drifting to the exam results. Once I try to call Tojuta to help me not think of it. He immediately started rambling on about the exam. Not helpful, Kuiru! Even my mom is nervous. It's not like she herself is trying to get in.

Just when it seemed like the week would never end, finally came a letter. It happens like this:

I'm in my room meditating. My five flames circle my head as I keep my cupped hands in the center of my crossed legs. My focus breaks when I here a knock on my door.

"Yurei," my mom calls. "You've got a letter."

It better not be Tojuta pranking me. I smirk at my new thought before standing and calmly walking to the door. I open it and am greeted with my mom's smiling face. In her hand, she shows me an envelope with a blue seal. Okay, surely that's the real deal. Mom hands me the mail, and I take it to my desk. Excited to see my results as well, she follows and watches me break the seal and slide the contents onto my desk. A small, metal disk clunks against the wooden surface. I pick it up in utter confusion. Am I supposed to plug it in or something?