The Half-Blood Princess // Dr...

By Dil_With_This

DISCONTINUED ft. Bonus drafts ~•~ Surprises were already filled around the Wizarding World before Y/N Snape e... More

FIRST THINGS FIRST
Chapter 1-Message
Chapter 2-Three Letters
Chapter 3-The Dursleys
Chapter 4-Dinner with the Weasleys
Chapter 5-Portkey
Chapter 6-Bagman and Crouch
Chapter 7-The Dark Mark
Chapter 8-Morsmordre
Chapter 9-Worries
Chapter 10-Aboard the Hogwart Express
(DRAFT) I'M SORRY
BONUS
BONUS
BONUS
BONUS
BONUS
BONUS
How everything should have been

19 YEARS LATER

889 23 7
By Dil_With_This

A/N

To be honest tho, I wasn't really thinking of publishing this, but since a lot of people has been asking me a Part 2 for the 19 years later BONUS. I decided to finish this and publish it.

This is kind of a bittersweet chapter and I apologize in advance the last part of this chapter because I was getting quite lazy and I was also running out of ideas. Also, sorry if there are small typos that I've missed.

Thank you for the people who are still quite active with this story (also I do read your comments from time to time).

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Part 2 (Started in March 15, 2021)

"Outstanding young author had made it to the top charts of the best selling novels in the Wizarding World. Her way of writing keeps the readers intact with the book and still curious. Many have asked if she will be continuing her career as an author, but unfortunately she denied. The young author said, "I wrote this book to tell the truth, for people to open their eyes that you shouldn't easily judge people from how they look or how they act, because there will always be a reason behind their actions. I did not wrote this book to announce my debut as an author, I wrote this to intact my brother's story in the history books," amazing words from the young woman - "

I put down the Daily Prophet at the table whiles I took a sip from my coffee, sighing.

"Do they really have to always change what people say?" I said to myself.

"I guess, it's better than nothing, right?" I heard a voice behind me say, as I hear a few footsteps as well.

I turned around and saw Teddy, my son. Well, he's not really my son, but I do treat him like he is. It has only been a year of him living with me, but I easily start to get used to it. It was great having someone to accompany you inside the house.

He may be a troublesome kid, but he's a good kid. I know how proud Lupin and Tonks would be to see him grow into a great kid that he is. Sometimes, there would be times where he would constantly ask me about his parents, and of course, I would tell him all about them. He's always so intrigued with the stories I tell him and would ask me for more, until I ran out of stories to tell.

"Sure, but changing what I actually say isn't gonna change anything," I told him, as he sat down at the other side of the table. "They're wizards, they could easily write down or remember what I actually said - "

"Well, that just means that what you said isn't interesting enough to be written down in the Daily Prophet," he said to me, with great confidence.

Usually, he would be afraid of saying such things to me, because he knows that he'll get in trouble for it. I think as he saw the soft and kind side of me he starts to be more comfortable with my company and my death glares (which is slowly starting to not work for him, except if he knows that I'm really angry).

"Whatever," I said, as I took my cup of coffee and stared out the window.

For the past years that I have been working at Hogwarts, I have been secretly writing a book in which revealing the efforts and plans of my brother during the Wizarding War about 20 years ago. For years that we have accomplished peace from Voldemort, some still questions Severus' presence in the war. Obviously, as someone who have seen firsthand the efforts and sorrow that my brother has to go through left me annoyed. It was unfair for someone like Severus to be left out of the history books.

With that, I decided to make a book about how great my brother is. It may sound childish to me to do that, but this is the only legacy that I can leave for my brother. For years that he has been working in the shadows, he needs to be in the spotlight at least once. So, after about almost three years of writing, I have finally published the book. It was published all over the Wizarding World.

Many have mixed opinions about it, but I did not mind. I have put everything in which I have experienced and seen about my brother in that book. I have nothing else to say about their given opinions, whether it'd be Severus not deserving the 'hero' title I did not care. All I wanna make sure is the my brother's name is in the history books, like he deserved.

"Say, what was your brother like?" I heard Teddy asked. I know that for the past year that he had been living with me, he has been avoiding the topic of my brother. He was scared that I'll be crying my eyes out if he even stutter my brother's name. If this was 8 years ago, then I would. But now, it's in the past. I'll reminiscent the memories of him, but I will eventually let go.

"Same as you would describe me," I told him, picking up my cup of coffee, then taking a sip.

"Then, he's scary and kind at the same time," I chuckled at him.

"Yes, he is," I agreed, smiling. I can feel Teddy's eyes staring at me.

After a minute of him just staring at me, deep in thought, I looked at him whiles raising an eyebrow.

"Do you have anything else to say?" He snapped out off of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry to mention this now, but if you and Uncle Draco didn't break up then, you'll officially be my auntie," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Is me being your official guardian not enough for you?" I said, trying to sound offended. He started panicking.

"What? No! I was just-- you know, it would have just been-- I don't know... uhm better?..."

I sighed, a picture of Scorpious Malfoy popped up in my head. A thought that had been trailing in my mind ever since Draco's son was born came to me once again. If only I was your mother. I shook off the thought, it was me being selfish. Selfish that I even had the audacity to think I could replace one's mother. I'm ashamed of myself for that. Though, even if I was still ashamed, the thought was still there.

"That's all in the past now--"

"You keep saying that, but is that really what you think?" He blurted out, as he immediately covered his mouth after he realized what he had said.

I clenched the handle on my coffee cup, as I the words repeated in my head. He was right, I didn't wanna admit it, but I was still in love. I was still being foolish. I was still trying to hold onto the past.

Probably the saddest part of mine and Draco's breakup is that he left me with everything and nothing.

He left me with every feeling that we have once shared and every memories that we had formed. He left it to me, and I held onto it dearly. He also left me with nothing. No reason to hold onto the past, because it is all over now. It has been for years, so why am I here still grieving for my first and last love?

"I'm so sorry--"

"No, you're right," I started, and looked at him in the eyes. A sad smile was forming across my face. "It has been so long and here I am holding onto what has been left in the past. I have tried moving on in the past, even going as far as trying to date someone, but none has succeeded to make me feel the same feelings I once did with Draco."

I chuckled at myself. Such foolishness escaped my lips. What idiocy.

"I'll keep it a secret, for now,' said Teddy.

"For now?"I raised and eyebrow at him.

"Not all secrets can be kept forever. One day, even Scorpious will know of this secret," he smiled at me.

The thought of Scorpious finding out about his father's old relationship with his own teacher is horrifying for me. I would be drenched in embarrassment, especially if he knew that I was still in love after all this years. It was times like this that made me think of this is what Severus felt when he saw Harry come inside the Great Hall to be sorted into a house when we were in our first year?

"He already knew once," I said, Teddy's eyes widened.

"When? And what do you mean by once?"

Flashback~

I stroked the branch of the tree that has engravings of a certain person that to this day I still loved.

Christmas eve was here and it means that I had a few weeks of break from work. I could have been with the Weasleys today, spending the whole Christmas with my godson and daughter. Or maybe I could be with the Potters, freaking out the kids with their own very strict teacher being inside their home all friendly.

Being by the Great Lake at such a cold weather was nothing to be fond of, though it was pleasant for me. I was used to the cold, with my thick winters cloak and with hat covered in snow.

It was a peaceful and quiet place for me to be in. A view of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts can be seen for where I was. It was bizarre that for almost all of my life I have only been here, in Hogwarts. After I had step foot inside the castle, it had became a new home for me, and for others as well. Fond memories that filled with mixed emotions was made inside that castle. Even, friends and foes were made.

At those times, everything was easier and carefree. Sure, there may still be a thought of the Dark Lord before, but most of it was overshadowed by the joy of being around people. It sure was fun.

I sighed at myself as I start to reminiscent of these memories.

The surroundings was quiet and peaceful, a few birds can also be heard. Though, that silence was soon broken by a shout.

"Albus! Albus!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me shout, followed by heavy footsteps along with the breaking of branches.

I turned around and was met with grey piercing eyes, the same eyes of his father. The boy flinched once our eyes met, he stood where he was and was unsure of what to do.

"Are you looking for Mr. Potter?" I asked, the boy nodded. "I believe I heard a few rustles around there, but be sure to be careful."

Scorpious nodded, though hesitantly. He stood there a few more seconds while I was waiting for him to run off to where I pointed. I saw his eyes narrow down to the branch of the tree that my hand were place upon, as I shifted my body to cover it.

"Do you need anything else, Mr. Malfoy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. He stiffened but soon calmed down a little. He resembled his father a lot, though his personality was just like his mother.

I waited for him to speak up.

"Dad really loved you. I'm sorry if I am interfering with something very private, Professor, although I have been told that you and my father were once lovers," he said, bluntly.

Soon after, tears started forming in my eyes. It was embarrassing for me to cry in front of my student, let alone the son of whom I love. I looked away from the boy and kept my tears from falling. I heard a few rustles going near me, then gentle arms were wrapped around me.

"Thank you, Professor... for continuing to love my father," he said, I looked down at him and was still holding onto me tightly. "I've never felt the embrace of my mother, I'm sorry--"

I cut him off by returning the hug to him. Tears started flowing, my eyes were stinging. The pain and consequences of loving someone whom does not love you anymore took me like a wave once again.

"You are a good kid," I said, before breaking the hug and looked down at him.

Our eyes met once again, he gave me a faint smile. I returned the same thing to him, though his smile was replaced with a shock face.

"It's the first time I'm seeing you smile, Professor," he said, as I chuckled down at him.

"I used to smile a lot when I was your age," I told him, messing up his hair. Unlike his father, his hair wasn't always slicked back. Well, it was on their first year at Hogwarts, but after he started hanging out with Severus he started to not care about his hair more. I heard that he slicked back his hair back then because he wanted to look like his father, but Severus told him that he looks like his father with or without the slicked back hairstyle.

"Scorpious! Oh, there you ar- Professor!" We turned to where the voice was from and saw Severus standing there. He turned his eyes to Scorpious and was looking quite confused of the scene. He decided to brush it off and greeted me, "Happy Christmas, Professor!".

"Happy Christmas to you too, Mr. Potter," I said, I eyed down at Scorpious, then back at Severus. "May I ask why you two are out here this late?"

The two boys stared at each other, they looked like they were trying to do telepathy. Both were waiting for the other to speak up, but none of them spoke.

I laughed a little at the scene, making the two look at me. I took out something from the pocket inside my cloak, it was an old parchment paper. An old parchment paper that holds a lot of meaning, not only for me, but to many others as well. Harry gave it to me since he said that he has no significance into holding onto it, especially when he is now outside Hogwarts.

"Here use this," I told them, holding out the old parchment. "I've let Mr. Lupin use this a couple of times, so I guess it's fair for you to use it as well. Since one of the creator of this parchment is the grandfather of Mr. Potter."

Severus' face lighten up and ran up to me, eyeing the parchment in the process.

"Is this the Marauders Map?!" He asked, I was not surprised that he already knew about it.

"Marauder what?" asked Scorpious, confusion can easily be seen across his face.

"The Marauders Map! The one I told you about how much of a troublemaker my grandfather was," he looked quite serious when he said that, whiles I tried my best not to laugh.

What have you been telling your son, Harry?

"I see, you already know about it," I said, calmly. "I'll also assume that you know how to use it as well."

I smiled a little at Severus, as he gave me a mischievous smile before pulling out his wand from his pocket.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he said, quite proudly, pointing his wand at the parchment.

Slowly, ink was being more and more visible. Scorpious watched in awe, once the ink was now fully visible I handed Severus the parchment.

"Just so you know, I'm only letting you borrow this. Make sure to give it back to me before the end of Christmas break, or else I'll be meeting you two at my office once New year has arrived," I told them, before leaving them behind.

"Yes, Professor." They both said in unison.

I walked pass the two boys, who was still in excitement from the magical map. I smiled after walking pass them, feeling more relieved than before. It seems like I have achieved something, even though in reality I have not.

Let's just say that I had a good Christmas that time, and all was well.

End of Flashback~

"Who knew you had a soft spot for Scorpious?" said Teddy, jokingly.

"What did you expect?" I said, smiling.

"I thought you'd be more salty about it, like maybe disliking Scorpious because he is not your own child or something," he said, then stopped himself remembering something.

"Oh..."

"I've already learned from my brother, I do not hold grudges to someone who has not even existed when things started falling apart for me," I told him, trying to lighten up the mood.

It's a very lively morning everyday since Teddy has set a foot inside my home. Draco and Scorpious would sometimes visit us here to check up on Teddy, always asking if he was giving me trouble. Everytime, I try to assure them that Teddy is a good kid. He knows when things are needed to be serious or when to not. He is not an insensitive person, he is very caring about the people around him and is very thoughtful.

Frankly speaking, Draco and I's relationship will never go back to the way I wanted it to be. Our relationship has gone back to the start, but will not continue like it was back then. I did not get the happy ending I wanted for myself, but I did not want to risk someone else's happiness for my own desires to be a reality. Even if I find someone new, I think I will never forget my love for Draco. It is certain I will never get over the things we have gone through, even if he has already left it all behind years ago.

This is the reality for me. I think loving someone means you can sacrifice your own happiness for them, even if it hurts to see them with another. I'll risk getting hurt rather than seeing my beloved be unhappy with me.

Who knew I'd end up like my own brother? I guess, it's deja vu right, Severus? Or shall I call you the Half-blood Prince? I am, in fact, the Half-blood Princess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.7K 26
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Third year had begun and a another adventure awaits Y/N Snape. The two years of Y/N's time at Hogwarts Witchcraft and W...
603K 19.8K 67
"Do I really have to transfer?" I whine. "All of my friends are at Beauxbatons." My father lets out a heavy sigh. "Unfortunately this is the...
4.4K 94 36
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
26K 338 22
Severus Snape had given up in love after his beloved lily died, that was until a certain Slytherin arrived more like a certain Malfoy. Remus Lupin w...