Infinity (Fred Weasley x read...

By angelraeken

Fred Weasley took quite a shine to (y/n) McGonagall, so did his twin brother but not exactly in the same way... More

1 - Escape from Azkaban
2 - Home
3 - The Boggart
4 - The Grim
5 - Quidditch
6 - Hogsmeade
7 - Christmas
8 - Christmas night
9 - New term
10 - Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw
11 - An Unexpected visitor
12 - Buckbeak
13 - The Quidditch final
14 - Sirius Black
15 - An explanation
16 - The end of fifth year
17 - The Burrow
18 - The Portkey
19 - The Quidditch World cup
20 - Returning to Hogwarts
21 - The Triwizard tournament
22 - The Goblet Of Fire
23 - Liar
24 - The Astronomy Tower
26 - The common room party
27 - Dance class
28 - The Yule Ball
29 - The Second Task
30 - Barty Crouch Jr
31 - The Third Task
32 - The end of Sixth Year
33 - Headquarters
34 - The Order of the Phoenix
35 - The Noble House of Black
36 - Prefects
37 - The Final Year
38 - Dolores Umbridge
39 - The Detention
40 - A new Keeper
41 - The Ministry and Hogwarts
42 - The Heir of Gryffindor
43 - The Hog's head
44 - The favour from Snape
45 - The Lion and the Serpent
46 - Fake boyfriend
47 - Dumbledore's Army
48 - Charms class
49 - The DA meeting
50 - Polyjuice potion and Nifflers
51 - The attack on Arthur Weasley
52 - Christmas at Grimmauld Place
53 - The Knight bus home
54 - Snape's meeting
55 - The Outbreak at Azkaban
56 - The Patronus
57 - The New Head of Hogwarts
58 - The Hogwarts Heroes
59 - Weasley is our King
60 - The Department of Mysteries
61 - The loss of a father
62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
63 - Professor Gryffindor
64 - The Slug Club
65 - The Necklace
66 - Uncle Lupin
67 - Ghosts
68 - The box of memories
69 - Draco Malfoy
70 - Christmas at The Burrow
71 - The Second Brother
72 - Poison
73 - Sectumsempra
74 - The Fallen Professor
75 - The Eight Potters
76 - The Wedding
77 - The Thief
78 - Followed
79 - Godric's Hollow
80 - The Truth
81 - Malfoy Manor
82 - The dog and the Malfoy boy
83 - Hell at Hogwarts
84 - It's a long story
85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers
86 - The Deathly Hallows
87 - Aberforth Dumbledore
88 - Hope
89 - The Battle of Hogwarts
90 - Fred Weasley
91 - Love of my life
92 - 19 Years Later
INFINITY MEMES

25 - The First Task

53K 1.6K 5.8K
By angelraeken

Despite you and Fred making up you still sat with Harry during meals as he and Ron were yet to talk. You entered the Great Hall for breakfast, the task was supposed to take part in a few days so you wanted to be around Harry to calm him as best you could. You made your way over to him and sat opposite him. "Dragons." He looked down at his food and muttered. 

"What?" 

"That's the first task, dragons."

"How'd you know?" 

"I met with Hagrid, he showed me the dragons, Charlie was there too he must be helping with this task." 

"Well you know nothing too bad will happen with Charlie around." You tried to reassure Harry who was looking unhappy and rather unsure of your words. 

"Morning you two." Fred announced as he sat down next to you. 

"Fred what are doing here?" 

"Eating breakfast..." 

"No I meant why are you sat here with us? Ron'll get annoyed." 

"I don't care what that git has to say, I know the truth and I want to sit with my best friend." 

"Seems you two kissed and made up." Harry smirked as he ate his cereal. 

"Yes, thank you Harry." You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"Speaking of the first task I better go tell Cedric about the dragons." Harry said as he got up and walked off to the castle grounds. 

"Dragons?" Fred asked.

"That's the first task, Charlies brought them here, perhaps we'll see him at the task." 

"Hopefully." He nodded as you two sat in silence. Fred kept looking at you throughout breakfast which caused you to spark up a conversation. 

"Something on my face?" 

"You're oddly silent." 

"I'm just thinking." 

"About?" 

"If I tell you, you must promise me you won't tell George or anyone else. If you do I will hex you." 

"I promise." 

"I met Sirius a few days ago, he was at Hogwarts. I asked him about my godfather. I know who it is now." 

"Who?" 

"Barty Crouch JR." 

"The death eater?" 

"Yes... What confuses me though is I always thought he hated the Malfoys as they escaped punishment unlike him, so why would he use them to talk to me?" 

"Probably because that's the only way to talk to you without being caught besides, he knows the Malfoys would make sure you got the message especially because of how much they hate your dad. But surely he won't be able to get into Hogwarts, not with his own father being here." 

"That's what I thought but if Voldemort can get in more than once without anyone knowing then Barty will have no problem. Sirius said I shouldn't go anywhere alone-" 

"I'll do it." 

"What?" 

"I'll look after you-" 

"Fred I'll be fine regardless, I don't need a bodyguard."

"And I don't need your dad murdering me if anything happens to you." You rolled your eyes at the boy but gave him a small smile. 

"I'm gonna go find Harry, you coming?" 

"Anything to avoid lessons." 

"We'll still be going you know, potions isn't so bad." 

"Yeah well Snape goes easy on you." He stood up and collected his stuff as you two made your way outside. 

"He does not! He still hates me." 

"Not as much as he hates me!" 

"Should pay attention then." You winked at the boy. You two were walking into the outside study areas when you saw Harry and Ron yelling at one another. "Not again-" You muttered. You picked up the pace and walked over to the boys when a familiar Slytherin caught your attention. 

"Oi! McGonagall read the badge!" It was Adrian. 

"What?" You turned to him and looked down at the badge he was wearing. In big bold letters it read 'Support Cedric Diggory - The real Hogwarts Champion!' But the text started to fade rather fast and was now displaying the words 'POTTER STINKS'. "Very funny Adrian, how long did it take for you to come up with that one?" You sneered at the boy. 

"Leave them alone Adrain!" A girl in Slytherin called over to you. It was Sabella. 

She was a prime example of how not every Slytherin is evil but rather kind. She was a cunning girl yes, but cunning isn't always a bad thing. You had sat next to her in potions once and you two got off to a good start. She normally spent time alone but was always happy to have company. You weren't sure what it was about her but all the Slytherins seemed to listen to her. She walked past and Adrian stayed silent but that didn't last long when she left.

"Draco gave them to us." 

"Of course he did..." You rolled your eyes and shoved the boy out of the way only to see Draco yelling at Harry from a tree. 

"Bloody hell this kid is so dramatic...Draco!" You yelled his name as you bolted towards them. 

"My father and I have a bet you see, I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament." He jumped down from the tree and walked towards Harry. "He disagrees, he think you won't last five." Now him and all of his goons had started to laugh. 

"I don't gave a damn what your father thinks Malfoy!" Harry walked closer to the boy and shoved him back. "He's vile and cruel and you're just as pathetic." You grabbed Harry's shoulder as he finished. 

"Come on Harry he isn't worth it, let's just go." You turned him away but yelled at Draco as you left. "Leave him alone you pathetic prat, if you don't you won't be able to tell your father anything once I'm done with you!" Your words caught him off guard. You two had never gone at one another like that before despite his reputation. 

"Pathetic?" He reached into his robes to pull put his wand as you two left but was quickly stopped when Moody came running towards you all and turned the boy into a ferret. You, Harry and Fred turned around at the sudden cry. Malfoy was now a snow white ferret. 

The ferret quickly dashed to you and climbed up your right leg and into your arms. You laughed and picked the animal up. "You know, I think I prefer him better like this, less annoying and rather sweet." You held him up and continued to laugh before he was ripped from your grip and tossed in the air by Moody. By now, many students had seen what was happening and joined you all in laughing at Malfoy's punishment, including Cedric. 

"You stinking, cowardly, scummy-" Professor McGonagall had now ran over. 

"Professor Moody... is that a... is that a student?" She pointed to the ferret. 

"Techinally it's a ferret." 

He now placed the ferret in Crabbe's trousers which cased the boy to scream and panic. "Stand still! Stand still!" Goyle yelled trying to help his friend but in return the ferret had bitten him. Moody turned to you, Harry and Fred and winked your way. Malfoy had manged to fall out of his trouser leg whilst all the students laughed. With a flick of her wand your mother turned Draco back into his normal self. He spun around and yelled at Moody. 

"My father will hear about this!" 

"Is that a threat?" Moody ran after the boy and chased him around the tree. 

"Professor Moody!" 

"IS THAT A THREAT?" He chased Draco until he and his goons ran off. 

"PROFESSOR!" 

"I CAN TELL YOU STORIES ABOUT YOUT FATHER THAT WOULD CURL EVEN YOUR GREASY HAIR BOY!" 

"Alastor." Your mother said in a dangerous tone. 

"IT DOESN'T END HERE!" 

"ALASTOR! We never use transfiguration as a punishment, surely Dumbeldore told you that." 

"He might have mentioned it." 

"Well you will do well to remember it." She sent him a glare as she turned around and shooed off the few remaining students but Cedric remained. He looked you up and down with a smile plastered on his face before speaking. 

"Nice seeing you (y/n)." He winked before joining the rest of his friends. 

"Nice seeing you? Nice seeing you? The boy was just staring at you from a distance!" Fred remarked as you all headed to lesson whereas Harry left to have a talk with Moody. 

"He was just being nice Fred," 

"Too nice." 

---

Today was the day of the first task and needless to say you were as nervous as Harry. The fear of him being hurt or even killed was driving you insane. You had to brush those thoughts aside though as you got ready to brave the day. "Ready Ginny?" You asked the girl as she sat waiting for you in the common room. 

"As I'll ever be." You smiled at the girl as the two of you headed downstairs and walked straight to the makeshift stadium and in typical Weasley fashion you saw the twins placing bets with the rest of the students. 

"Step up, mates! Who fancies aflutter on tonight's bloodbath?" Fred yelled.

"Smart money's on Krum to survive!" George added. 

"One'll get you ten if Potter dies!" You and Ginny gave one another a look as you two went up to punch the boys. "OW!" Fred yelled as you smacked his shoulder. 

"Don't be so mean!" Ginny scoulded her brothers as the two of you kept walking but that didn't stop the twins. The moment you two took a step away from them they started to yell again. 

"OI! (Y/N)!" Fred yelled. 

"Yes?" You turned around to face him. 

"Save us a seat, yeah?"

"Yes your higness." You sarcastically responded. 

"Atta girl!" He laughed as he turned back to placing bets. 

"How do you put up with them? They're bad enough on the holidays when you aren't with us." Ginny said. 

"They may be a pain but I couldn't even imagine my life without them anymore, Ginny." You smiled at the girl. "Uh Ginny I'll be in the stadium in just a bit I'm just gonna check up on Harry." You left the girl and walked over to the Champions tent. Not really caring if you were allowed in or not you walked through the tent flaps. Your eyes first landed on Cedric who was pacing the room much like the other Champions. 

"(y/n)?" Cedric acknowledged your presence first. 

"Cedric... hi, umm... where's Harry?" At the sound of his name Harry jumped up from the bench he was sat on and walked towards you. Without saying a word he burried his head into your shoulder and wrapped his arms around you. You quickly responded by wrapping your arms around him. "Hey, it's okay Harry, you'll be okay." 

"What if-" 

"No Harry you'll be fine. I've got my wand on me so if anything went drastically wrong I'll help you. I don't care what the rules say." He smiled greatfully at you. "Good luck Harry." You messed up his hair as you turned to leave but someone whispered in your ear before you could leave. 

"He'll be okay, you know that right?" It was Cedric. 

"Yeah I know well... I just worry." You replied. "Good luck too Cedric." 

"Thank you." He smiled at you. "I'll make sure he's safe for you." 

"Thank you Cedric." You returned the smile. "Good luck to all of you." You smiled at Fleur and Krum, they thanked you and you left to join the twins.

You walked through the packed stadium to see the twins making their way along the line still collecting bets. You walked up to them and shut the case causing the two to jump. 

"What was that for?" George asked. 

"The task is about to start." 

"And?" Fred asked. 

"And you need to watch and stop bloody collecting bets, come on." 

Cedric was first out, then Fleur, then Krum and Harry was last. It was now Harry's time to take on his dragon. You had Fred on your left, Alicia and Angelina on your right and Hermione and Ron were sat in the row in front of you. "Now please welcome our final Champion!" Dumbledore yelled as Harry walked into the stadium.

"HARRY! HARRY! HARRY!" Chants could be heard coming from the crowd as the boy entered. They quickly died down though when he stepped further in. The egg was clearly in sight but at this point Harry could see no dragon. He hadn't taken no more than ten steps when the Horntail slammed its tail down nearly hitting Harry. 

You jumped at what had just happened and as if by instinct your left hand fell and grabbed Fred's wrist. The boy slightly tensed at the sudden contact but relaxed within seconds of your touch. You looked down rather fast and saw what you'd done. "Oh sorry I just... um... panicked." Your voice came out in a worried tone. 

"No! Don't be sorry it's okay... please." Fred moved his hand back to yours and laced it with yours. Despite how large his hands were compared to yours they slotted together perfectly. He squeezed your hand slightly which reassured you that it was okay to hold. You both smiled at one another as you turned your attention back to Harry. 

The dragon started to breathe fire at him as he scrurried to hide himself behind a rock before anything could happen. "Why isn't he using magic?" You muttered to Fred. Hermione must have heard you or have been thinking the same as she leaned over the railing slightly to yell at harry. 

"Your wand Harry! Your wand!"

"Accio Firebolt!" He yelled and flicked his wand as the dragon sent another hurdle of fire his way. You knew what Harry's plan was after all, he'd been practising the summoning spell all week trying to master it and make sure his plan would work. Within seconds his Firebolt came soaring into the arena. Harry made a run for it and jumped on the broom causing a string of cheers to sound from the crowd but that was short lived when the chain around the dragons neck broke. 

"Oh no..." You squeezed Fred's hand tighter as the dragon flew closer to Harry. 

"He'll be okay." Fred replied as his thumb traced the top of your hand trying to calm you down. Harry tried to grab the egg but the dragon was too close. His only option was to fly through the stands where the Professors sat. He dodged the teachers as he flew through but the dragon didn't. As the Horntail flew he smashed part of the stand causing both Snape and your mother to fall over. This sight earnt a cheer from most students especially Fred. 

"Well done dragon!" He yelled as he threw both his hands in the air. The loss of contact was a weird feeling and you went to place your hands back in your pockets but Fred quickly grabbed your left hand again so he could hold it which brought a smile to your face. The dragon took off after Harry and the two soared around beyond the castle making it extremly difficult to see what was happening. You clutched Fred's hand tighter at the sudden loss of Harry and the dragon but it was only a mere matter of minutes till he came soaring closer to you all.  

Harry dived down back into the stadium and as if the egg was the Snitch he swooped down and grabbed the egg before flying up away from the dragons reach. The moment he grabbed the egg Charlie and his work friends came running into the stadium to catch the dragon. "Thank Godric he's okay!" You yelled as you started to drag Fred out of the stadium and to the first aid tent to see Harry.  

"Bloody hell (y/n)!" Fred yelled as you dragged him away from the arena. 

"Your legs are long enough you should be keeping up!" You replied as he started to close the gap between yours and his running. 

"Me keeping up with you? Try keeping up with me." He smirked and bolted off to the tent without you. 

"That git." You muttered yet smiled as you ran off after him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798 6 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
30.3K 472 26
Irina "Iris" Black was raised by her godfather, Remus Lupin. She had never met her father. Now, Iris is off to her first year of Hogwarts. She become...
107K 3.1K 107
❝ᴀɴᴅ Ιͺ'ᴠᴇ Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄… ᴏꜰ α΄€ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± ᴏɴᴄᴇ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄€ ʟΙͺκœ°α΄‡α΄›Ιͺᴍᴇ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄˜Κ€α΄‡α΄›α΄›Κ κœ±α΄œΚ€α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ ᴏꜰ ᴍΙͺɴᴇ.❞ β•°β”ˆβž€ IN WHICH [Y/N] AND OLIVER POTTER-BLAC...
137K 4.1K 60
Oliver Wood sees a lot of his younger self in Hermione Granger when she appears at Hogwarts for her first year. He takes it upon himself to look afte...