The Moon's Gift (H2o Just Add...

By luwizawali

* * * * For Emma, Rikki, Cleo and Mirabelle, having the ability to turn into fish at the touch of water, and... More

Cast
The Island (part 1)
The Island (Part 2)
Getting Tails (Part 1)
Getting Tails (Part 2)
Rikki's POV
Emma's POV
Hot and Cold
APOLOGY
Cleo's POV
B Roast
Temp Clash
HYDRANT MISHAP.
New Waves
Mermaid Intervention
THANK YOU!!!
Blue...
The Pool Party (1)
The Pool Party (2)
A MAJOR TWIST
Telling Lewis.
Mirabelle.
Darren The Glorious Jerk
Shark Shocked.
Chit Chat.
A New Development.
One More Too Many.
Regrets & Reflections
Four Is Company.
Study Date.
" Truce ".
Netflix and Chill
Going Down Under.
Mermaid Rescue (part 1).
Mermaid Rescue (part 2).
The Truth.
A Kiss With A Promise.
Excorcism Or Nay?
The Questioning.
For The Love Of Pudding.
Daddy Issues.
Moody Mirabelle.
Rikki The Love Doctor?
Electric Kiss (part 1)
Electric Kiss (Part 2)
Secret Smooches And Icy Meetings.
Kiss And Tell.
A Day In The Water.
Power Testing.
Darren's Deal.
On Mako...Again (1).
On Mako...Again (2).
The Research Facility.
A Deep Mystery.
Dr. Chatham.

The Pool Party (3)

334 17 0
By luwizawali

Emma and Rikki are resting on some rocks in mermaid form, after almost three hours of swimming around the reefs. It is about 6:25 in the evening.

" Tell me this isn't a million times better than swimming with legs " Rikki says.

" It's not that bad I guess..." Emma says quietly, looking at her tail, and wiggling it a bit.

" Not that bad? Emma this is friggin amazing! We can breathe underwater, got these amazing powers, we can pretty much swim all the way to Fiji! Can you imagine that?! I don't know about you, but I'm loving this mermaid life and I'm not giving it up for shit " Rikki says smiling.

" I get what you're saying, and you're not wrong. This is amazing. But it doesn't change the fact that it cost me something I may never get back, and it's gonna take some getting used to that's all " Emma responds solemnly.

" Believe it or not, but I understand you. You worked your damn hardest to get the captaincy, and your social status and lost it all in one night, just like that. It's not an easy thing to deal with, but you atleast have to realize that got something greater than it. You've got a gift that I'm sure many girls out there would kill to have, and the more you complain about it, the harder it'll be for you to see the bigger picture. You'll never be happy, if you dwell on your losses... I believe it's better to count your gains, that way you'll be content, and your life will be worthwhile. " Rikki finishes, staring at her tail. It was almost as if she was saying this more to herself than Emma.

" Wow..." Emma breathes, her eyes wide in awe

" What? " Rikki asks, a small smile playing on her lips.

" It's nothing. I just didn't think that you of all people, could be so sensitive towards others..." Emma explains

" Really... " Rikki says an eyebrow raised sassily

" Don't get me wrong, but you just struck me as someone who didn't give a shit about or anything. This thoughtful side of you is quite shocking honestly. " Emma finishes smiling teasingly.

" Well, that's just me, I'm full of surprises. " Rikki says and they both laugh.

They fall into a comfortable silence.

" Emma, is that you? " A voice says from a distance.

" Lewis? " Emma responds shock evident on her face.

He is standing behind a huge rock, so he can't see them completely.

" Shit " Rikki curses under her breath.

Lewis is standing there, fishing gear in hand, and staring at them in confusion " what are you both doing here? " He asks.

" We thought we'd go for a swim... It's nice out. " Emma responds with a breathy forced laugh.

" Aren't you supposed to be at the party? " Rikki asks in an attempt to diver the conversation from them to him.

" The party started at 6:00 and I'm not in any hurry. I thought I'd get some fishing done, but since you guys are here..." He drops the gear and begins to unbutton his shirt "... I might as well join you for that swim eh " he adds.

" NO!!! " They both yell, their eyes wide in panic.

He stops and stares at them, his brows drawn together in confusion.

" Why not? " He asks cautiously.

" Um... Because... Because..." Emma begins stuttering.

" Because Cleo is at the party " Rikki pipes in

Lewis eyes widen in realisation. " Oh shit. I forgot, she told me she was gonna be there today after school.

" Yeah, and you don't want to disappoint her now do you Lewis? " Rikki asks knowingly.

" No. I gotta go, later guys " he says and is out of there in a flash.

The girls breathe a sigh of relief.

" That was too damn close " Rikki says to Emma.

" Yeah. We have to get to that party " Emma says suddenly.

" What? Why? " Rikki asks utterly confused.

" Because I have a strong feeling that something bad is gonna happen to Cleo. " Emma replies, worry etched on her face.

" You're just being paranoid Emma. It's your controlling self resurfacing again. " Rikki says, rolling her eyes.

" No, it's not. Zaine's gonna be there, and you remember what happened the last time they ran into each other? " Emma states.

" Yeah, but Zain doesn't know that it was Cleo who caused the whole hydrant thing, and I don't think he'll take it out on..." She trails of as the direness of th situation sinks in.

" You were saying? " Emma says matter of factly.

" Shit. You're right we gotta get there fast " Rikki concludes.

" No kidding. We have problem tho..." Emma states indicating to her tail " how do we get rid of these, the sun isn't hot enough to dry them, and we don't have all day. " She explains.

They both think for a moment, until Rikki comes up with an idea.

" Wait, lemme try something " she says.

She stretches her palm spread, towards Emma's tail. She closes her eyes and concentrates on the heat rapidly spreading through her body, to her palm.

" Rikki, what are you doing? " Emma asks slightly spooked.

Rikki doesn't answer, and just focuses on what she's doing.

Emma starts to feel tingles on her tail, and steam starts to spread around it. She looks at her tail in amazement. " Whoa " she says, then winces a bit, because the heat was beginning to sting. After a short while, the steam clears and Emma can see and feel her legs again.

Rikki opens her eyes, a smug smile on her face.

" How did you do that? " Emma asks awed.

" I'll explain later, right now, we have a party to get to." Rikki says and quickly dries her tail.

Once shes back to normal, they ride to the party.

* * * *

Cleo has been at the party for thirty minutes, and there was still no sign of Brian or Lewis. She was starting to realize that this was a bad idea.

The moment she stepped into the house, the party was in full swing, with music blasting through the speakers. Swim suit clad teenagers, were dancing everywhere from the living room to the backyard. She was almost sure that some of the kids here didn't even go to their school considering she saw some faces she couldn't recognize.

With sweaty bodies pressing in on her from every angle, as she tried to make her way to the backyard, Cleo felt hot. And it didn't help that she was dressed as tho it was the middle of winter. People had been giving her strange looks since she arrived, and she couldn't blame them. She looks ridiculous. She tried not to let the stares bother her as she makes her way to the pool area.

She's about to turn and leave because the stares and whispers were getting too much, when she hears it. The voice she'd been dreading all day long.

" Hey Cleo, fancy meeting you here. " Zaine's voice sounds from behind her, followed by laughs from all his jock friends.

Cleo turns around slowly, and comes face to face with a vengeful looking Zane, and she knows she's done for.

Miriam stands resting on the wall, in her pink bikini, showing off her spray tanned toned body. Her right palm wrapped in a bandage. She was staring at Cleo mischievously. This had to be a trap, and she fell right for it.

Cleo notices Zane coming to her slowly, followed by his buddy Nate.

" What are you doing? " She asks nervously, taking a step back.

" Well, it's a pool party, I thought you might want to go for a little swim. " Zane says dangerously.

" No, I don't..." Cleo starts

" Oh come on, don't be a party poopers. Take the plunge " Nate says coming behind her.

" I can't... I have a cold... " Cleo says panicking.

Zane chuckles darkly " you had a good laugh when I got wet yesterday, and now it's my turn. " He says all trace of humor gone from his face.

Cleo gulps.

Zane grabs Cleo's feet as Nate carries her from under her arm. They start to swing her, enjoying her fear.

" No! Please stop! I can't swim! " Cleo begs desperately. To no avail.

No one comes to help her, some out of fear, and the others simply didn't care.

" What the hell Zane! " Lewis screams angrily marching towards them. " Put her down now! " He roars.

Zane and Nate share a look " Okay. " They say in unison, then throw her into the shallow end of the pool.

" You're so friggin stupid Zane! " Lewis bellows furious.

" You told me to let her go, I let her go. " Zane says cruelly, completely unbothered by the blonde boys anger.

His friends and him laugh, and there all disperse into the house.

Cleo comes to the edge of the pool, and checks her watch. She doesn't have much time left. Lewis comes to help her, when the water around her starts to bubble.

" What the hell... " Lewis says stunned.

" I need to tell you something Lewis..." She begins pleadingly. " ... Just don't freak out okay? " She adds.

Just as she's done talking, she transforms into a mermaid. Her long navy blue tail making an appearance, the blue streaks in her wet hair, and also the scales on her chest.

Lewis falls back in shock, his mouth open.

" Lewis I need your help..." Cleo starts desperately.

Lewis does not move, still completely stunned.

" Please Lewis... " She begs reaching out to him.

Just as she's about to give up, Lewis grabs her hand, and gives her a small smile, not saying anything.

" Thank you. " Cleo whispers in relief.

Lewis doesn't respond, and starts to pull her out of the pool. As he is struggling, he hears footsteps approaching. He looks behind him to see Emma and Rikki running towards them in urgency.

" Can you guys help me? She weighs a tonne. " Lewis says grunting, his face going red.

" We can't. " Emma says.

" Why the heck not? " He asks exasperatedly.

" Because if we touch water, we grow tails to. I don't think that's what you need right now. " Rikki answers.

Lewis stops tugging, and turns to face them at this information.

" You two, three of you? " He asks facing Cleo again. She nods her head ' yes '.

He takes a deep breath and pulls her once again, this time he succeeds and she is out of the water. He falls back, and Cleo sits up.

" What are we going to do? " Cleo asks worried.

" Hold on. " Emma says.

She runs to the back door, and using the same technique as Rikki, freezes the door lock, so no one is able to come out, and risk finding them out.
She runs back, and gestures to Rikki.

Rikki kneels down beside Cleo, and stretches her palm out.

" What are you doing? " Lewis an Cleo ask at the same time.

" Saving your tail. " Rikki replies sassily.

Just as she says that, steam starts to appear around Cleo's tail.

" Ow, that stings " Cleo says wincing.

Not up to 10 seconds later, her body is back to normal, like nothing ever happened.

" Holy shit. " Lewis breathes astonished.

Meanwhile, on the inside of the house, Zane tries to come out through the back door to torment Cleo and Lewis, when he discovers the door is jammed.

As he's struggling with the lock, Emma hears, and ushers the rest.
" We gotta go now. " She says.

Lewis helps Cleo up, and they all run out through the back gate. Rikki is the last one through. She stops at the gate and turns towards the pool, as a mischievous thought crosses her mind. Smiling wickedly, she points her palm towards the pool, and completely dries it up, causing the backyard to be engulfed in steam.

" I never liked pool parties anyway " she says smiling and runs out through the gate.

Just then Zane rushes out with the others at the party. They are welcomed by a cloud of steam.

" You should check your heating system. " Zane says to Antoinette, who is staring at her pool in disbelief.

No one has the slightest clue as to what just happened.

# # # # #

Hello my wonderful readers, and fellow H2o lovers out there.

What do you think of this chapter? Is Zane a douche or what...

Anyway, I'm going to be introducing my own main characters in the chapter after the next, so stay tuned.

Also, Lewis just found out about their secret.. it was about time to be honest.

Please Vote, Comment on, and Share this story.

By the way, I have uploaded a new chapter on my second book HIS GUARDIAN, and I would like for y'all to check it out.

It's a kpop inspired story, if u r into kdramas, then you'll love this book.
Check my profile for it and pls follow me, I'll follow back.

Till next time.

Luwiza out ✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 37.4K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
452K 16.1K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
245K 9.7K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...