Get It Right | Kim Seungmin

By _seungmini_

[ COMPLETED ] Group: Stray Kids Song Minju and her clan of eight best friends get sent to help out a staff-la... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue : Part One
Epilogue : Part Two
Bonus Chapter (1)
Bonus Chapter (2)
i'm alive
hey hey

Chapter 51

1.4K 61 75
By _seungmini_

The 21-year-old was out in the park, finishing up his unreleased (and always will be) track. Frankly, he didn't like the lyrics he wrote last time, so he spent the early afternoon thinking of a replacement, and once he was able to come up with some words, he wasted no time to start recording again.

'Streetlight'. Perfect title.

No doubt, people were looking at him, and at one point, a group of children with their parents were watching him from a safe distance, scared to be seen, but they could still hear him.

Some had the boldness to actually stand in front of him and watch as he continued to write and record his raps and vocals, but Changbin stayed unbothered, not really caring since they couldn't understand the song anyway.

Strangers continued to crowd around the boy, but they all went away when one was brave enough to actually sit by him. Why'd they leave? Probably because they were jealous none of them could talk to the famous kid like the one who took the seat, but they just didn't know that it was his friend that sat with him.

"Hyung," the younger calls out, "you've got quite an audience."

Changbin keeps his head down, "Yeah, and you scared them away."

The younger laughed, throwing his head back. Changbin only shook his head, a smile forming upon hearing the boy's melodious laugh.

"New song?"

Changbin nodded, passing over the notebook filled with lyrics (and scribbles of rejected lyrics) to seek his opinion.

The boy scanned over the pages thoroughly, and he could say the lyrics were seriously touching.

The new set talked about how 'alone' he felt during that certain time he was still too ashamed to talk about to others. Changbin had changed the whole story of the song-from a love song to a song about how he just wants someone to ask him if he was okay.

As the lyrics registered in his head, the younger couldn't help but feel a little emotional over the deep and meaningful phrases.

Changbin always wrote his feelings into a song, feelings he couldn't comprehend. He's written some sad songs before, but something about this song made the boy feel like he needed to say something.

The song was so gloomy despite it's fast rap, and the sad tune hinted at the boy that something wasn't quite right, and he really only wanted to be there for his big brother.

"H-Hyung," he stutters, "I know you like being there for us,"

Changbin looked up for once, staring at the boy's eyes.

"but sometimes, you can rely on us, too."

And upon hearing that, Changbin felt a pang in his heart. He knew one day he'd have to confess to everyone this shameful phase he went through, but having someone tell him he could depend on people as well was like placing a thick blanket over his cold body-nice and comforting.

Changbin brought his head back down immediately, wanting to cover up the thin layer of tears that had pooled around the corners of his eyes. He sucked it up, carefully taking a deep breath and letting out a heavy one not long after.

"You could always come to me, hyung," the boy adds, oblivious to how thankful Changbin was for his words.

Changbin looked up one more time after having dried the small beads of tears on his face, and he grinned upon seeing the innocent boy's face.

He couldn't believe he was once so close to betraying this boy.

"You made me tear up a bit there, if I have to be honest," Changbin cracks up a light joke, earning himself another one of the boy's beautiful laughs.

"Blame your song. I suddenly became all sentimental," he replies, tossing back the notebook to the older.

"Any thoughts?" Changbin asks after a quick moment of silence passed between them.

The boy puts a finger to his chin, looking up at the afternoon sky for a while. "It's perfect."

Scoffing at the boy's exaggeration, Changbin shakes his head, looking down at his notebook before speaking,

"Thanks, Seungmin."

--

"You disgusting squirrel, get out of there!" You bang on the door with your balled fist.

Hold on.

Let me explain.

You left your room earlier to grab a pack of fruit snacks, but as you passed by Jisung and Changbin's room to get to yours, you found it difficult to ignore the foul smell that lingered the air.

The door was slightly opened, and there you saw Jisung laying on a pile of dirty clothes, seeming to be getting some sort of 'sleep'.

You glanced around the room, and you saw how cluttered and untidy it actually was. On what seemed to be Jisung's bed was a purple mark that stained the white sheets, which you recognized to be the blueberry shake you guys had bought yesterday.

"Ji, what the-" You were cut off by Jisung immediately standing up, pushing you out with a groggy (and almost inaudible) 'Let me sleep'.

You tried opening his door so you could help out the caveman living in the fancy room, but it was locked.

"Just let me clean the sheets so you won't have to sleep on that pile of filth," you try again, and this time, he actually let you in.

"Do as you wish, lady," he says, watching as you pick up the blanket and tuck it into a basket.

Jisung placed his hands on your shoulders, pushing you out as he followed behind, and while you headed to the dry room, Jisung made his way to your room, specifically, your bed.

As if on queue, Seungmin and Changbin waked through the front door, taking off their outside shoes and slipping on some flip-flops.

"Where'd you two come from?" Felix asks, grabbing a glass of water from the kitchen.

"Just spent some time at the park," Seungmin says.

"Hey, you." You point at Changbin.

"Your room's a mess," you continue.

He seemed clueless at first, but his face made an expression when he realized what you were talking about.

"But don't worry, old man," you speak before he could. "I'll clean it up."

And so you proceeded to head to the dry room to do the laundry, not noticing Changbin's small smile.

It wasn't there.

Changbin no longer had feelings for you.

i was kinda contemplating whether to end it just like that or end it like i normally do, but let's just stick w that for now peeps

anyway, i'd just like to say thank u so much for all the recognition this book has gotten

it really isn't much for others, but it genuinely surprises me that this book even surpassed 500 reads

i honestly wasn't expecting much from this book since i kinda just pulled it out of nowhere yk

so i really do appreciate every single read and vote this book gets

and the comments this book has make me smile every time :((

*gives cookies to every person reading this bc y'all r amazing*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.3K 80
a stray kids group chat book based off of a one shot i wrote. this book is for entertainment purposes and has no plot. cover by: @-magiclollies hig...
9.6K 327 28
➸ It's Valentine's Day and you come across an online game. Your curiosity gets the best of you and you somehow end up trapped inside. You have no cho...
6.6K 241 22
Han Jisung, a struggling music producer, is completely smitten by a handsome, cold bar back by the name of Lee Minho. He hates the way Minho makes hi...
4K 78 57
Alyne Lee is a girl who had a not really nice youth when her Parents divorced and had mental problems, luckily for her she has her best friend Grace...