Again In Neverland

By oncers4life

Peter Pan is a boy who lives adventures that other kids can only dream of. Lilith Mallory is a stubborn teena... More

Again In Neverland
Chapter 2: Out with the Old
Chapter 3: Wendi
Chapter 4: The Cove
Chapter 5: Peter Who?
Chapter 6: Broken things can be fixed
Chapter 7: NewCastle
Chapter 8: Missing Arrival
Chapter 9: Stories
Chapter 10: Consequences
Chapter 11: Companion
Chapter 12: Tiny Truths
Chapter 13: With Every Answer Comes a New Question
Chapter 14: Down, Down we go
Chapter 15: The Land of Never Ever
Chapter 16: The not so lost Boys
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 18: The Search Begins
Chapter 19: Short lived happiness
Chapter 20: Risk
Chapter 21: The Stubbornness of Girls
Chapter 22: Unexpected
Chapter 23: Unexpected (Part 2)
Chapter 24: Heat of the fire
Chapter 25: Pressure
Chapter 26: Mentality
Chapter 27: Who's In Control
Chapter 28: Destiny be told
Chapter 29: Threads of Destiny
Chapter 30: Inescapable
Chapter 31: Torn
Chapter 32: Savage
Chapter 33: You can Fly
Chapter 34: Pre-battle jitters
Chapter 35: The Red Morning
Chapter 36: Lost
Chapter 37: Captive
Chapter 38: Here
BONUS CHAPTER
Chapter 39: Time to attack
Chapter 42: Distraction
Chapter 43: Lily-of-the-Valley
Chapter 44: A lonely, lost boy
Chapter 45: Old and New Friends
Chapter 46: Try
Chapter 47: The Three Trials
Chapter 48: The New Neverland
Chapter 49: On the Last Night
Chapter 50: Returning
Chapter 51: Finishing the mural
Epilogue
Acknowledgments
NEW STORY ANNOUNCEMENT
Please fill out this survey!

Chapter 17: Who?

2.2K 84 14
By oncers4life

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :)
I've decided to start the year out right with FINALLY updating this!!! I'm so so so sorry its taken so long but I hope you guys enjoy this! I ended up actually dividing the chapter into two separate chapters that way I could upload something today and finish the rest! Anyway, enjoy ♡

OMNISCIENT POV:

"You're here! I thought I'd never see you again!" Lil shouted with glee at the sight of her fairy friend.

Alina jingled, "I've been through a portal before, Lil. How do you think I got to your land?"

Lil put a hand on her chin, "Well I guess I didn't really think of it that way. That whole experience is a blur for me, really. I just remember darkness and... and drums. I heard drums in the water."

"Drums?" Peter chuckled, "Now you sound crazy."

Lil did her best to keep her back to him, inhaling a deep breath before she snapped on him. Keeping her attention on Alina, the wind circulated around her and caused her teeth to chatter ever so slightly from the cold.

"He bothering you yet?" Alina nodded her head towards him.

Lil brought her hands to her temples and massaged them, "I'm afraid so."

"It's not going to get any better." Alina sighed as she crossed her arms, "He may seem like a normal young lad but he's got the spirit of a small woodland fairy."

Lil wrapped her arms around herself, "Just a moment ago he -- wait!" she suddenly exclaimed, a thought forming in her mind mid sentence, "Alina! Your wings!"

Alina's face glowed with a smile. She did a spin while floating in the air, her small wings fluttering calmly up and down. They twinkled even brighter in the moon, and the tear in them was completely gone. Fully extended they were about two times her body size, and a shade lighter than her hair color. Almost translucent except for the beautiful shimmer and mystique.

"Magnificent aren't they? It feels so wonderful to be off the ground again. As soon as I made it through the portal, I looked for you but, I couldn't find you. You were just gone. So I figured I was no help without being able to fly. Luckily I hitched a ride with a kind Blue Jay who dropped me off at the 'Wing-Tailor' back near my home."

"Home being the Palace." Peter stated as he casually leaned on a beam supporting the wooden bridge.

"Wing-Tailor?" Lil questioned, ignoring Peter momentarily.

Alina nodded, "He patched up my wing before my mother was able to notice I was back, which would have meant a zero percent chance of finding you. And then I set out looking, only to find you already occupied." She glared at Peter.

Peter held his hands up in defense, "I was minding my own buisness when I found her. She was so weak she passed out. Would you rather I left her there all alone?"

"I can fend for myself, you know." Lil added, crossing her arms defensively and staring him in the eye.

Peter grinned, but it disappeared when he looked up at Alina and pointed a finger at her, "If your Mom finds out we're back, she'll have our heads."

"Our heads?" Alina said, "More like your head. I did everything my mother asked."

"Except befriending a human girl!" He shouted back.

"What has that got to do with anything?" Alina counterargued.

"Once your Mother sees you brought a person here, you'll be in just as much trouble."

"I didn't bring her here! You're the one who told her where the portal was!"

"GUYS!" Lil yelled over their bickering, "I'm standing right here. No need to talk about me as if I'm not."

Peter sighed and crossed his arms, "Let's get inside before your Mother shows up, shall we?"

He opened the door to the tree house and ushered Lil inside. As Alina passed he stuck his tongue out at her and she did the same.

Once inside, the chill immediately left Lil's bones. She could feel her fingers and toes warming up against the soft carpeting. She wrapped her arms around herself again and rubbed them.

"Cold?" Peter asked.

Lil nodded. Peter lead Lil into the room with the large couch and sat down in front of the open fire, patting the seat next to him for Lil to join.

Cautiosuly, she lowered herself onto the floor next to him and pulled her knees to her chest. She stuck her hands out to warm them in front of the fire. A few moments of silence passed as Lil tried to warm herself up more, and Peter kept stealing glances at her.

"You know," Lil finally said, "I wouldn't be so cold if I had some shoes. Or maybe socks."

"Those are boring. They're uncomfortable." Peter responded.

"Maybe. But they keep your feet warm."

"I'll just put them near a fire if they get cold."

"And what if yours toes catch on fire?" Lil asked, eyebrow raised.

"Then I shall go back into the cold and all will be fixed."

Lil rolled her eyes and laughed softly, "You're a stubborn boy, Peter Pan."

He smiled too and lifted his gaze from the fire to Lil, "If I wasn't, would you like me any less?"

"Probably not."

They're eyes seemed to linger on each other's for just a beat too long, but it wasn't uncomfortable to either. Just to Alina.

"So," she interrupted with a loud flutter of her wings, "Lil what happened after you fell in the water? I lost you after that."

Lil racked her brain for memories but they proved difficult to dig up,

"I don't know. There were these bubbles. They engulfed me, and pushed me into myself. I... I was suffocating and I couldn't see anything. Just pitch darkness. I remember that the darkness didn't come until after I had already seen the bubbles from beneath me coming upwards to grab me."

Lil's recollection was becoming slightly more vivid, "Actually, not long after I fell in I heard something else. It sounded like.... it sounded like...."

Dread began to fill Lil's heart and the chill returned to her bones.

Could it be possible? Could the splash really have come from that?

"It sounded like what, Lil?" Alina pressed.

Lil closed her eyes and focused on the memory as hard as she could.

Right before the bubbles surrounded her and turned everything into darkness, she heard a noise that made her look up, and when she did, she saw Jonathan diving into the waters, and the other two Darling's follow.

Lil's eye flung open and she gasped loudly, "My friends!"

"Who?" Peter asked, his lip curled.

"Jonathan, Wendi, Mike!" Lil cried as she pushed herself upward from the floor and nearly fell over.

Peter rushed over and put a hand behind her back, "What are you talking about?"

"They jumped into the water! After I fell in! They jumped into the portal... which means they're here somewhere!" Lil's eyes moved to the door and her legs began to carry her, "I have to find them."

Peter ran in front of her and blocked the door, "Hold on a second. Let's get the Lost Boys together and we'll go out searching in teams, alright? We'll be able to find them easier that way."

Lil covered her face with her hands, "How could I have forgotten? What if something terrible has happened to them? I don't think I could live with myself if something happened."

She felt on the verge of tears, and fell backwards onto the arm on the couch. Peter had his hand on her back within seconds, "If they're here, Lilith, we'll find them."

"I know what they look like. I'll gather some of the boys and get started." Alina stated.

Lil looked up from between her hands, "Thank you, Alina."

Alina flew down the hall, jingling all the way. Peter moved in front of Lil and crossed his arms over his chest, "Where should we start?"

Lil put her hands on her lap? "How should I know? You're the one who knows Neverland the best. Could that portal have taken them anywhere else?"

He moved his hands to his hips, "No. If they fell through, they washed up on the beach. Unless they didn't make it onto the beach."

Lil's eyes went wide and she jumped from the couch, "What do you mean 'didn't make it'? You think something might have happened to them? Oh no, this can't be happening. I've killed them! I've killed my only friends!"

Peter snorted, "Your only friends?"

Lil hit him on the chest, "This is no time for joking around." She walked around him to the door, "We must start searching immediately."

Lil opened the door and the breeze blew her hair across her shoulders. She marched to the end of the platform and looked back for Peter, who was sliding a sword into his belt and walking out the door. He shut it and moved next to her, gazing out at the forest.

"Don't I get one of those?" Lil asked, pointing at his sword.

He smiled and rested a hand on it, "When you're ready."

Lil stomped her foot, "You keep saying that! I can't learn to fly on my own 'until I'm ready'. I can't have a sword 'until I'm ready'. When exactly do you deem I'll 'be ready' for any of it?"

He looked back out at the forest, "Soon."

Lil sighed, "Whatever. Let's just get going. I say we start at the beach, since that's the most likely place they'd be."

Peter held out a hand to Lil at her eye level, which was a few inches below his, and bowed slightly

"As you wish."

She held her head a little higher and slid her hand into his. He wove his fingers through hers and brought their arms back down by their sides. Lil followed their interwoven hands with her head, as did Peter, until they both looked up at each other. She stared into his ocean blue eyes and a smile spread on his face. He broke the eye contact to look down once more, sincerity replaced by mischief. Lil looked down and saw that their feet were no longer on the ground, but hovering above the trees.

She giggled, "That's a cool trick."

He gave her hand a quick squeeze, "Come on."

Then he leaned forward into the wind and flew them towards the beach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 106 6
Aslan Al-Amari makes a living delivering pizza and scrubbing dishes to put his little sister, Amira, through school. Alas, a horrible accident on a l...
2.8M 92.9K 56
The end of one world is only the beginning of a new one. [Daryl Dixon]
147K 3.8K 25
Highest ranking #1 Being the invisible good girl always satisfied Bella. But that doesn't mean she has no friends. She does have a group of friends...
23.7K 778 16
Welcome to Voltaire high, a school for boy that will for the first time in history welcome girls! But Edith Petit hates it there, and so those Joseph...