Game of Betrayal (Completed)

By AngelTweet

"Betrayal betrays the betrayer." - Annonymous Sanskar: "It was always professional, but you made it personal... More

Prologue
Chapter -1: Mighty Maheshwari's
Chapter - 2: Militant Mehra's
Chapter -3: Lost Battle
Chapter - 5: And the war begins!
Chapter - 6: Dirty Secrets
Chapter - 7: Damage Control
Chapter - 8: Forced Acceptance
Chapter - 9 : Tormented Hearts
Chapter - 10: Anxious Minds
Chapter - 11: Engaged! Really?
Chapter - 12 : Undying Souls
Chapter - 13: My Saviour!
Chapter - 14 : Destiny Strikes In!
Chapter - 15 : Business Rivals or Lovebirds?
Chapter - 16 : Wedding Bells
Chapter - 17 : Confessions
Chapter - 18 : Enemy Within
Chapter - 19 : Her Choice
Chapter - 20 : First Step
Chapter - 21 : Confused Minds
Chapter - 22 : Entangled Souls
Chapter - 23 : Battling Hearts
Chapter - 24 : Untold Feelings
Chapter - 25 : Changing Mindsets?
Chapter - 26 : Falling Apart
Chapter - 27 : Trip to the past
Chapter - 28 : Destiny's Payback
Chapter - 29: New Begining
Chapter - 30 : Game of Love
Chapter - 31 : Unfathomable Trust
Chapter - 32 : Pouring Hearts
Chapter - 33 : Bitter Truth
Chapter - 34 : Enemy's Attack
Chapter - 35 : Lost Soulmate
Chapter - 36 : Amending Relations
Chapter - 37 : Whisperings of Love
Chapter - 38 : Entrusting Love
Chapter - 39 : Demon in Disguise
Chapter - 40 : Betrayed and Broken
Chapter - 41 : Fighting Spirit
Chapter - 42 : Karma is a Bitch
Chapter - 43 : Bang on with All In
Chapter - 44 : Destiny's Verdict
Epilogue - Dream Come True!!!
Thank You my Readers

Chapter - 4: First Encounter

5.5K 392 150
By AngelTweet

"Congratulations Mr. Mehra" Mr. Jayprakash wished Anurag for winning the project Amanera.

"You did a great job Ms. Mehra. We are eagerly looking forward to work with you." Mr. Jayprakash greeted Swara breaking her trance.

Swara could not forget Sanskar's burning gaze. She wanted to win over him, but his backing off at the last moment flabbergasted her.

Soon all members and other invitees were on their table to wish and complement them. 'Winning against Mighty Maheshwari's that too when Sanskar Maheshwari was involved, was next to impossible task and this new girl achieved it in a very short period of time. No doubt she will be on headlines of all social media for defeating her archrival for upcoming days.'

'Your savings account XXXX XXXX XXXX 1234 has been deposited with INR. 25,00,000/- with interac payment. You can view you bank statement using below link' Payal's mobile beeped with the notification.

"Sanskar you will need to give solid reasons for your reckless behaviour. Everybody will be mad at you in the meeting. You are on their bullseye now" Neil said in warning tone entering Sanskar's cabin, he was following his best friend.

Sanskar had not spoken a single word till now but Neil was totally aware about his dangerous business brain.

"Are you going to speak anything or not?"

"She proved, that she is a daughter of betrayer" Sanskar mumbled venomously.

"What do you mean?"

"Reva Mehra."

"Didn't you hear about the high-profile scandal happened two decades back" Sanskar answered to Neil' question in casual manner.

"What was it?"

"Scandal? What was it?" Neil asked him again.

"It's not me to tell, go and find yourself. Few articles are available on internet" Sanskar shrugged his shoulders.

"May I come in Sir?" Mike asked permission.

"Schedule my meeting with Mr. Patel and Mr. Rodrigues with in next 24 hours and make my arrangements to go to Delhi." Sanskar ordered, draining all colours out from Mike's face.

"Sure Sir" Mike replied carefully.

"Any issues?"

"No Sir, it will be done" Mike replied immediately before leaving.

He was well aware about his boss's dislike for the word 'No.'

"What are you planning?" Neil asked with unsurety.

"How to bring Ms. Mehra on her knees?"

Neil took heavy breath looking at Sanskar's wretch face.

Anurag was taking stroll in the garden after dinner when he saw Swara looking at starry sky with teary eyes.

His daughter always had fascination for stars, but they used to give her pain. 'Maybe she is remembering her mother looking at them.'

"Shona, are you not sleepy beta?"

"Papa, I was just going. I didn't realise the time" Swara replied with fake smile.

"You should take rest; you had been working on the project day and night from last three weeks"

"Hmm" Swara hummed shaking her head.

"What happened Shona?"

"Nothing Papa. All is good"

"Come on, I know something is bothering you. Won't you tell that to me?"

"This victory is incomplete Papa; I would have preferred to lose it to Maheshwari's. I hate to admit that we got the deal without any competition. I feel just because they backed off, we won the deal. I don't know why they backed off last moment."

"Yes, I agree Shona, even I am not able to understand Sanskar's actions at last moment. But I am sure, they will fight back with bang. We need to be ready on all fronts." Anurag passed his wisdom.

It was after two days of announcement of Amanera project Maheshwari Head Office, Sunshine wing was busy in hosting urgent Board of Directors meeting.

"Yes, I accept I took a last moment declaration to back off from Amanera Project but that was my planned strategic move as I was counting my cards on Gurgaon Special Economic Zone." Sanskar's authoritative and calculative voice boomed in the meeting room.

"Gurgaon SEZ?" Shekhar asked with confusion.

"Yes Mr. Gadodia, Gurgoan SEZ. I had meeting with Finance and Industrial Ministries two days back. Government is opening land of around 1000 acres to be developed in SEZ on contract of 99 years of lease. I wanted to eliminate any competition for this bid. So that we can hold upper hand on government for our terms and conditions. Except Mehra's, today nobody is in position to compete with us in this deal. Their funds will be locked down in Amanera and raising humongous amount in short period is next to impossible. It is double in size and investment with respect to Amanera" Sanskar was blessed with the quality to turn any unforeseen situation in his self favor.

"Then why did we show our interest in Amanera at first? We lost the deal and shareholder's had gone in panic mode" Siddhant shoot another question towards Sanskar.

One by one Sanskar replied to their questions with confidence and full proof plan. His red, dark circled eyes were showing his sleepless nights.

Their meeting was over when all directors and investors were satisfied with the answers provided by Sanskar.

Surprisingly only Ram and Neil did not ask him questions but looking at their eyes Sanskar was sure this is not over yet.

"What was that?" Neil asked leaving meeting room.

"My reasoning for my so-called reckless behaviour"

"How do you got to know about SEZ? It was a news to everyone"

"I always keep my eyes open... on everybody" Sanskar replied with rigid tone.

"And how with your this step Ms. Mehra will come on her knees?"

"Any country give priority to the projects which encourages economic growth. Amanera is project which will not bring economic growth in high scale, it is mostly targeted towards the cream layer of economy. SEZ will get all priority over such projects in terms of pre-requisites such as highways, water and electricity. Mehra's will get substitute treatment which will delay their deliverables. And blocked investment is dead investment. They won't be able to invest in any other major project unless and until they have steady cash flow." Sanskar reasoned out with wicked smile.

"You are such an asshole"

"Tell me something which I don't know" Sanskar replied nonchalantly.

Surprisingly on that day Sanskar came back home little early. Everybody was giving him an alien look which he disregarded skillfully focusing on his favourite Prawns curry during family dinner.

Post dinner Ram asked his son to visit him in their study room.

"Sanskar, me and Anurag always maintained professionalism while fighting with each other."

Ram observed his son.

"We both never attacked other one on personal ground or on families. I want you to carry forward this legacy. No personal or family harm in our business rivalry. It should be strictly professional"

"Of course, Dad, I will play fair till the time my opponent is clean but the moment my opponent turns dirty, I will be the dirtiest"

"I don't think Mehra's will play dirty game. I know Anurag over the years"

"I am talking about Ms. Mehra"

"Swara. Her name is Swara, Sanskar"

"You just advised me to maintain professionalism; I am obeying you" Sanskar replied trying to bring his father's attention towards his earlier statement.

"Swara... the same little girl about whom you were over possessive during your two's childhood." Ram's statement jerked Sanskar at his place.

He couldn't believe or remembered his childhood treasured memories.

"Childhood is gone long, Dad." But he has to come back with answers.

Ram nodded his head in agreement and left from study room leaving Sanskar alone.

Next day it was Neil and Samaira's engagement at Singhania House.

Neil had met Samaira Raichand, who used to work with his father in his law firm. She had joined as intern lawyer and they both found connection on their first meet. It was after two years both families decided to tie their kids in holy matrimony.

"Congratulations Neil" Sanskar wished giving a hug to Neil after ring exchange ceremony.

"Congratulations Samaira" Sanskar said with soft smile giving a quick side hug to her.

"Wow, we need to mark this day in the history of Maheshwari's. Sanskar Maheshwari is attending social party" Samaira replied dramatically rolling her eyes.

Since she was Neil's girlfriend automatically she earned the right to tease Sanskar Maheshwari.

"At least I can do this for my best friend"

"Ok then can you please dance with your best friend's fiancée. I cannot miss to have a dance with the most charming man of the evening."

"Hello madam, you are engaged to me" Neil reminded her in disbelief.

His girlfriend cum fiancée was openly flirting with his best friend.

"Come on Neil, we have a deal, right? I will have my first extra martial affair with Sanskar to spice up our marriage" Samaira said casually which earned laugh from Sanskar.

He was smiling brightly looking at his best friend's dumbfound face.

Swara skipped her heartbeat looking at his laughing face, smile automatically adorned on her lips.

He was looking Greek god in black colour shirt and dark grey semi-formal blazer paired with black pants.

Sanskar felt someone's intense gaze so he turned and found Swara who was lost in his charm.

Sanskar could not take off his eyes from her beautiful face.

She was wearing Lavender colour Anarkali. She had put minimal make up just highlighting her big doe eyes and one stroke of blush on her chubby cheeks, hairs left open with loose curls.

"Shona"

Sujata called breaking Swara's trance from back. She turned in hurried movement. She cursed herself for losing herself in his eyes.

There was something unusual flickered in his eyes that captured her attention creating havoc in her heart.

Swara was used to be called as 'Shona' from her family members especially her father but it was unexpected for her to be called by her nickname from a woman of her business rival family.

'How does she know my nickname?'

"How are you Shona?" Her wet voice and her motherly touch was so warm that Swara immediately felt some unknown connection with her.

"Mrs. Maheshwari?"

"Sujata Aunty, Shona" Anurag replied from back.

"I am fine Aunty"

Sujata kissed her forehead with teary eyes passing her all love to her.

Sanskar looked at his mother. She was showering her love over his opponent. His mother was pure and simple woman, but she never showered such warm expressions towards anyone except her own children.

"You look exactly like Reva." Sujata said being emotional.

Anurag turned his look to other side to hide his emotional turmoil. He knew what was going to come on their way.

"I don't think so. I am more like my Papa" Swara gave a tight smile. She clenched her fist to control her rage.

Sujata looked at Anurag in disbelief who looked everywhere but did not match his gaze with her scrutinizing stare.

"Yes, that is also correct. Come I will introduce you to my daughter." Sujata said holding Swara's palm in her's.

"Anurag can I take your daughter for a moment?"

"Bhabhi you don't need to take my permission. You have all rights on Shona"

Sujata held Swara's hand and brought her to the table where Uttara was chatting with Ragini.

"Uttu, meet Swara my best friend Reva's daughter" Sujata introduced. "this is Uttara my daughter"

"Hi" Uttara greeted her with bright smile.

"This is Divya, my sister in law and..."

"Vaishali, can you please take me and Shomi Bhabhi to Mrs. Raheja. She was asking for us earlier" Divya said in stern voice and gritted teeth, not paying attention towards Sujata's introductory session.

"Swara this is Ragini Gadodia"

Sujata was asking her about her life, her likes, her hobbies. She was showering her love on her by caressing her hairs and cheeks from time to time.

Uttara and Ragini both were amazed to look at this emotional side of Sujata.

Ragini had never experienced such warm gestures from her throughout her life. She felt insecurity building inside her heart looking at Sujata's love towards Swara.

Whereas Swara initially felt uneasiness under sudden love and care from Sujata but her heart which always craved for mother's love was slowly opening up in front of this pious lady.

"Hi Ms. Mehra. Sorry for breaking your moment" Sahil said interrupting.

Sujata introduced her nephew to Swara.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Sengupta"

"Sahil, I think, I don't have long or difficult to pronounce name" Sahil replied scratching his back of neck.

"Ok. Nice to meet you Mr. Sahil"

"Finally, some improvements from Stranger to Mr. Sengupta to Mr. Sahil. I am going on correct track. Right pretty woman?" Sahil asked Sujata with wink.

"She is prettier than me" Sujata replied with teasingly.

"Ok I surrender. I don't want to get myself murdered because of these four pretty ladies" Sahil raised his hands.

"Congratulations for the deal" Sahil said sitting on his knees beside Swara.

"Thanks, Sahil" She felt awkward when he bent on his knees for her.

"I hope we are not strangers and you will talk to me since Sujata Anuty introduced us formally"

"Aunty introduced us just with the names and relations which makes us acquaintance." Swara replied with smirky chuckle.

"Then what should I do to get myself in your friend's book"

"Patience"

"Ohh that's what I cannot do especially when I have this beautiful girl" Sahil tried to flirt with her.

From the day he saw her, she had occupied his all senses, he wanted to know her more, spend more time with her.

"Then leave it"

Sujata, Uttara and Ragini were enjoying their banter.

"Can I have a dance with you?"

"I hate clingy people"

"One coffee evening please" Sahil requested folding his hands.

"In your dreams"

"WOW! You are just like Sanskar. Always ready with famous sarcastic replies" Sahil exclaimed with grin "My cousin, you must be knowing him, right?"

Sanskar's name brought small smile on Swara's face. Her eyes started to roam around the garden to get one glance of him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Hmm. Thanks for enlightening me"

Sahil left from there with heavy heart when Swara declined all his advances to spend more time with her.

She chatted with Sujata, Uttara and Ragini. She found two good friends in Uttara and Ragini.

Meanwhile, Swara's phone ringed with the call so to take the phone call she excused herself and went in the isolated corner.

Sanskar's phone ringed capturing his attention 'Rohan Calling' was displayed on mobile screen.

He had few words with caller. He closed his eyes and took deep breath to settle his mind.

He came near Neil and whispered in his ears "Rohan just gave me a call. I am going to Lonavala now. She again had a panic attack."

"I will also come with you"

"Are you out of your mind? This is your day, don't leave Samaira. I will handle but just handle everything in office for tomorrow."

"Ok take care. Keep me informed about her and drive safely" Neil said patting Sanskar's back.

"Yes sure"

After Swara's call when she was coming back to party area, she was typing something on her phone when she suddenly felt pull on her shoulder.

"Aahh" Swara winced and turned to check where her dupatta was stuck.

She realised her dupatta's one corner was stuck with Sanskar's watch.

Earlier Sanskar had bid bye to Neil and Singhania family also informed his parents, he was moving towards his car busy dialing David's number to get his car's keys when he felt slight pull on his wrist. He saw some fabric stuck with his watch.

"I am sorry" He turned but lost his words when he saw Swara infront of him.

They both were again lost in each other's eyes, there was longingness for other one.

Swara felt something again flickered in his dark brown eyes for a moment. Something which created inner turmoil in her heart.

Suddenly she started feeling dryness in her throat, her heartbeat was racing on its max speed.

"I am sorry, my dupatta" Swara whispered in low voice showing the piece of fabric stuck in his watch.

She felt nervous in front of him, and she hated it.

For Swara, these feelings were total alien for her till today. She was fierce and confident girl but at this moment she just wanted to run away from him but at the same time her heart wanted to be with him.

"Hmm?" Sanskar hummed in daze.

It took few minutes for his brain to process her words, he mumbled "Ohh" he started to remove the stuck fabric from his watch.

"Congratulations for the deal" Sanskar said with professional smile and masking his face with cold demeanour.

He cursed himself for losing his senses when he looked in her eye, her eyes held power to make him speechless. He couldn't understand the sudden urge he felt to wrap her petite figure in his embrace.

"Thanks"

Her melodious voice brought small smile on his face which he covered with his cold look skillfully.

"But this is not over Ms. Mehra" Sanskar replied with professional smirk followed with chuckle.

'I should not forget her betrayal. She needs to learn her limits.'

"I am not expecting this to be over so soon Mr. Maheshwari. We have long fight ahead" Swara replied with professional smirk and smile.

She had attained mastery in masking her feelings with cold and attitudinal look.

Sanskar removed the edge of her dupatta and gave it to her. Their fingers touched briefly passing shudders down their spine at the same time.

"Thanks for your help" Swara said with attitude showing the edge of her dupatta.

"Thanking me will be dangerous for you Ms. Mehra" Sanskar said with narrowed eyes and left.

'Just two more days and you will be in front of me on your knees.'

'Self-Obsessed who will say he is a son of Sujata Aunty?' Swara thought with displeased expressions and went straight back to party.

Destiny laughed loudly holding her stomach that her eyes started to shed tears on the first encounter of Soulmates.

Was it really their first encounter?

**********************************

Precap

Swara's reaction on Sanskar's counterattack?

Will Swara be able to bring alignment between two business houses?

Will Sahil be able to convince Swara for date?

Thanks for loving this story, there is lot more to open. Stay tuned with updates.

Let me know your views and feedback on this partthrough your votes and comments

Love
AngelTweet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 2.4K 47
*UNDER EDITING* ❝What I saw in front of me was unbelievable. I felt a gut wrenching pain in my heart, as if someone has stabbed me a million times. S...
151K 11.1K 54
"I love you, Swara. I promise that I'll never let a single drop of tear come out of your eyes," he said while holding her hands. "I don't believe in...
93.9K 7.9K 25
And they lived happily ever after!!! But was it really happily ever after for Swara and Sanskar? Swara and Sanskar, the strongest team to fight and w...
230K 8.6K 68
Best Ranking #1swara, #2 mad. guys please vote this story also during reading This is story of Swara and Sanskar . Ragini who is step sister of Sw...