A Prince's Love

By Skai9876

Maadwoa is an unassuming girl, who lost her mother during birth, and never met her father. She lives with her... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
BONUS + NEXT STORY
SERENDIPITOUS REUNION IS UP

Chapter 49

291 38 41
By Skai9876

"Will you shut up!" an officer exclaims, shooting me a glare as she opens the black metal gate. I squirm in the Robert and Kwaku's grasps, tears still strolling down my face and ugly sobs escaping my lips. They tighten their already tight grips on my wrists and arms, forcing me towards the open cell. Everyone in the jail was eyeing me with agitated and intimidating expressions on their faces, including all the wards and most of the inmates. I know my cries and screeches were bothering them, but I didn't care. I am about to be confined for the rest of my life for a crime I didn't commit, and there's nothing I can do about it. Crying is not even the worst I could do. I peered into the cell they were trying to push me in. It was small and dirty, and there were two older women inside. The cell was barely big enough to fit one person, how were three people going to fit in here? The walls were supposed to be white, but chalk and dust made it look almost brown There was no piece of furniture, so the two older women were reclined on the floor. Their clothes were raggedy and ripped, hair unkempt, elbows and knuckles ashy, lips dry and cracked; in summation, they looked disgusting, and I feared I was going to look like that. The sight made me cry even harder.

Robert harshly shoves me into the cell, causing me to trip over my own feet and fall palms down onto the concrete ground.  I hiss as I feel a sting in my knees and palms. Not even five minutes here and I've already hurt myself. Ignoring the pain, I spring up from the ground, only to see the warden slam the gate behind me. I desperately grab onto the cell gate, trying to shake it open. The warden uses her stick to strike my fingers, and I retract my hands in pain, another cry escaping my lips.

"Step away from the gate. You're not leaving, especially not after what you did." she commands, a cold glare on her face. My lip trembles, as I reluctantly take a step back. I looked down at my hands to see cuts from falling on the ground and the strike I just received, shaking my head sadly. No one believed me. Even the wardens that just got the summary from Robert don't believe me.

"P-please, let me out."  I beg, setting my gaze on Robert and Kwaku, as if they have any power over this situation. They tear their gazes away from me, ignoring my cries.

"Excuse me, can you please move this girl to another cell? She's giving me a headache." one of the women complains from behind me. I peek a glance at her to see an exasperated look on her face. The woman next to her was better at blocking out my cries because she was just sleeping.

"Keep your mouth shut, Gina!" the warden orders, holding the stick up. Gina sends her a nasty glare, but doesn't respond.

When I look back at Robert and Kwaku, they were about to leave, until I cried out again. I can't believe they're actually leaving me here.

"Robert, Kwaku. Are you just leaving like that? I can't stay here."

"Young lady, I--" the warden begins but I cut her off, as fury builds up in me.

"I wasn't speaking to you!"

Everyone looks taken aback, but I continue to fix my gaze on Robert and Kwaku. I couldn't let them leave me here. I can't survive jail.

"You've shown us your true colors, Maadwoa. Face the consequences of your actions." Kwaku harshly speaks.

"What actions? I didn't do anything!" I fire back. Instead of responding, they turn away from me and make their way towards the exit. My shoulders drop in disappointment when the door closes behind them. I slam my hands against the gate in frustration and sadness. I'm stuck here forever.

"If you dent the gate, I will make sure you suffer here. I told you to step away from the gate." the warden threatens bitterly. It was evident she was pissed after I snapped at her. Some people are just so emotional.

The tears wouldn't stop flowing from my eyes. My knees gave out and I fell to the ground, my head hanging low. I bury my face in my hands as unpleasant sounds emit from my mouth. I can't even explain the pain I'm feeling right now; I'm being accused of a crime I know nothing about, Danny doesn't believe I'm innocent, and now I've been faced with prison for the rest of my life. If this isn't the definition of bad luck, I don't know what is. It really hurts that Danny thinks I did this. Obviously things aren't right between us but I thought he had much more faith in me. I thought he knew me, but clearly, I was wrong. After everything we've been through, he doesn't even trust me.

A loud groan sounds from behind me, abruptly pausing my sobs. When I turn around, Gina had her hands on her ears with a frustrated look on her face.

"For Christ's sake, stop! Your tears will get you nowhere, believe me. Just stop being such a baby and deal with this."

I sniffle, before tearing my gaze away from her. "I can't be here."

"Well from what I overheard, you should be here. Stealing the King's crown? That's wicked."

I let out a groan, before whipping my head towards her with a glare. "It wasn't me."

She puts her hands up in defense, a smirk tugging at her lips. "Relax. You know, you're pretty scary when you're angry."

I sigh. "I-I apologise. I'm just high on emotions right now."

She scoffs. "Don't apologise. You're going to need that type of anger to survive here. Especially when Anita wakes up. Hope you can handle it."

I gulp in fear. "W-why? What's wrong with Anita? And everyone else here?"

Gina shrugs with a chuckle. "Let's just say... I'm the least scary person you'll meet here. At least I think so."

I shudder, letting out a shaky breath.

Happiness doesn't exist in my life.

* *

"It's been almost two hours. Where is she?" Gifty exclaims frantically, pacing back and forth in Maadwoa's living room. Tyler was slouched in the couch, his hand on his cheek, mindlessly staring at the television programme, as he anxiously waited for her to show up at the front door. Nana, as usual, didn't care about what happened to her niece, and she had gone out to meet one of her friends from church.

"I knew that crown looked too similar to the King's. I knew it!" she remarks angrily, starting to stomp. She was frustrated that Nana could deceive her niece like that, and allow her to be arrested for something she's innocent of.

"We should've known something was up the moment she mentioned Nana was being nice to her. That woman doesn't have a nice bone in her body." Tyler spits, a scowl present on his face.

Gifty groans, facepalming herself in guilt. "I should have never let her leave my house. I should've forced her to continue staying with me."

Tyler sits up in the couch before leaning over towards the frantic girl and lightly grabbing her wrist. She freezes in her spot and glances down at their hands, a small flutter in her heart.

"It's not your fault. Nana is the one to blame, not you." he assures, gazing into her eyes. Instead of responding, she continues to gaze into his eyes. Had they always been that beautiful? Her knees wobble as she felt herself getting lost in his deep brown orbs. Tyler noticed her intent gaze and he felt a weird, giddy feeling in his stomach. His hand was still around her wrist and he almost didn't want to let go. Almost. Once he realized how still and tense the atmosphere, he rapidly blinks, reverting his gaze back to the television screen.

A familiar face catches his eye, bringing him back to reality. He lets go of Gifty's wrist and grabs the remote, turning up the volume. Gifty also looks at the screen when she sees a look of panic on his face.

Both their mouths drop in horror when they see an image of Maadwoa being forcefully handled by the guards.

"18-year-old Maadwoa Koomson has been arrested for allegedly stealing King Forson's crown." the reporter starts, reading off of a paper in her hands.

"What!" Gifty and Tyler exclaim simultaneously. They didn't think she would actually be arrested for this, especially if Danny was there.

"Why!" Gifty cries.

"How?" Tyler questions in the same confusion.

Gifty's chest heaves up and down as her breathing starts to quicken. "B-but she didn't do it."

"I know--"

"How could Danny let her be arrested?" Gifty questions, rage filling her. A part of her was rooting for Danny and Maadwoa, but now, he's made her regret even defending him.

"Would he do that though?" Tyler asks.

"It doesn't look like he stopped it!" she retorts, gesturing to the screen, which still had the reporter spewing information about Maadwoa's arrest.

Tyler stands up and holds his hands out to calm her down. "Okay, okay. Calm down. I know this is frustrating but we'll figure something out. We have to visit her."

"With what car?" she questions, her eyes wide with desperation.

"I'll tell my dad we need it. We'll go right now--"

"The Royal family demands that she have no guests as of right now." they hear the reporter utter.

* *

"I don't want to say it, but... I told you so." Afia jeers, plopping herself in the couch.

Danny ignores her, threading his hands through his coarse hair. His thoughts were all over the place and he could barely sit still. All he could think about what was just happened. What he let happen. He didn't want to believe that she could have done it, but the evidence was there. It just made him believe what Afia had said earlier about Maadwoa using him for money. What if she had never loved him? What if she was just leading him on so that she could do something like this later?

"Your irresponsibility and obstinate nature is the cause of all of this. What do you have to say for yourself?" the King questions, giving him the usual, cold glare.

Danny shakes his head with a shrug. He couldn't look his father in the eye as he was at a loss for words. His father was right. This is his fault. If he hadn't been so in love with the idea of love, this wouldn't have happened. He wouldn't feel so betrayed right now. But still, there was a part of him that believed there was something else to the story. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

"I-I didn't know--"

"Of course you didn't. You're just a young, foolish boy. You don't know anything. Your parents do, yet when we advise you, you disobey us. Is that what a child does?"

He frowns, still refusing to look them in the eye. Afia crosses her arms against her chest, letting out a dramatic sigh.

The King clears his throat. "Well, it's clear that outside forces want to compromise this wedding. We can't and won't let that happen."

"What are you saying?" Afia asks, perking up in the couch.

"I am moving the wedding up. You two will be getting married 8 weeks from now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song: Emelia Brobbey ft. Kuami Eugene - Makoma (Don't laugh, my auntie has really improved 😂😂😂)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 51.9K 81
This is a palace where one wrong move can determine if you live or die. In the quest for her family to survive, Aramade found herself in this dangero...
121K 5K 63
You are an ordinary senior college student. But on your first day, you get a video game which sends you to the world 120 years in the past. There, yo...
82.3K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
62.9K 5.4K 43
One little mishap and her world is turned upside down, dancing in the street with a world-famous movie star. Not that she knew that until it went vir...