A Prince's Love

By Skai9876

Maadwoa is an unassuming girl, who lost her mother during birth, and never met her father. She lives with her... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
BONUS + NEXT STORY
SERENDIPITOUS REUNION IS UP

Chapter 46.

437 62 41
By Skai9876

*Unedited* (Hai guys)

DISCLAIMER: I don't know how technology works, okay?

I cock my head at Nana when she frowns at me, her eyes holding a sad glint. Clearly she figured out I'm staying at Gifty's now, but why is she here now? She made it clear that she was happy I was moving out so why did she waste her time coming here?

"Who is th-- oh, her." Gifty scoffs in disgust, standing behind me. Nana even directed a sad look towards Gifty, the frown still plastered on her face. I don't think she's ever looked this calm towards us.

"You haven't answered my question. Why are you here?" I question coolly, straightening my back. I wanted her to know that I am no longer going to allow her to hurt and degrade me. Regardless of whatever insults she is about to throw at me, I won't let her get to me,

Nana pouts, slowly stepping forward. "Oh, Maadwoa. Don't be so mean."

I step backwards, making sure to put a space between us. Gifty scoffs from behind me as I shake my head. "If you don't have anything to say, would you please leave? Gifty and I were in the middle of something."

"You're not like this. Why are you being so cold?" she questions innocently, as if the past 18 years had been erased from her memory. Is she seriously asking me this question? After everything she's put me through, am I still supposed to be cordial with her?

"Is this a symptom of menopause?" Gifty asks me, as Nana looks between the two of us sadly.

"Most likely."

"I am still here." Nana announces.

"And I am still wondering why." I retort, crossing my arms. Nana lets out a dramatic breath, nodding her head a bit.

"I...I came to make amends." she admits, avoiding direct eye contact.

My mouth drops open while Gifty lets out an exaggerated gasp, putting her hand on her chest as if someone hurt her. I was shooketh. How does she even know what it means to make amends? And after 18 years, she decides that it's time to reconcile. She must be going through a very rough menopause.

"Pardon?" I question, trying to confirm I heard her correctly.

"I want to make amends. Ever since you...left the house, the silence has given me time to think about everything I've done."

Gifty clears her throat while glancing between the two of us. "I'm gonna go do...stuff."

When she scurries away, I set my gaze back on Nana, trying to appear as stolid as I can. I didn't want her to think I cared for what she had to say. She steps forward again as I watch her like a hawk.

"I guess I am trying to say, I am... sorry."

On the outside, I appeared apathetic and unaffected by what she said, but that was just a semblance. In actual fact, I was experiencing inner turmoil. I didn't even know she had the word in 'sorry' in her vocabulary.

"Huh?" is all I can get out. I was too baffled to get out a full sentence. Hearing those words come out of her mouth was frightening. What could have gone so wrong in the short time that I left that has pushed her to apologise?

Nana sighs sadly. "I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I don't even know what I was thinking-"

"For 18 years, you didn't know what you were thinking?" I question in disbelief.

"I am ashamed. I truly am. Believe me, it was the devil. I didn't mean it at all."

I don't know why people drag the devil into their apologies, as if that is supposed to excuse everything they did.

"You've abused and tortured me for my entire life, and you're here telling me it was the devil using you?"

She shamefully bows her head and frown pulls on her lips. "I know, I have been a terrible person to you. I was supposed to be a mother to you, yet I've treated you like a stranger--"

"That's how you'd treat a stranger?"

She groans. "T-that's not what I meant. The point is... I am deeply sorry Maadwoa. I've regretted everything, and if I could go back 18 years, I would. Please, find a place in your heart to forgive me."

I lock my eyes on hers, trying to find any sign of deceit because this just did not make sense to me. I know they say people can change, but Nana is an exception. She's the most ruthless person I know and the time to apologise is way overdue.

"I just want to know why." I tell her.

"Why? Why what?" she queries.

"Why you hated me so much."

She slowly grabs my hand in hers and grips on tightly, preventing me from pulling away. I look up at her to see tears welling in my eyes and my mouth parts open in shock. I've never seen Nana cry once in my life, and to see her crying in front of me, made me almost...sad. Almost.

"The truth is... ever since your mother... died, I haven't been the same. She was... my best friend. The best older sister anyone could ask for. I miss her so much, more than you know. And you look exactly like her. Almost a replica. Seeing you just reminds me that she's... gone and I release all that hatred and sadness onto you. That's what I've been doing for the past 18 years and I am so sorry. My sister really loved me and she'd be disappointed to know that this is what I'm doing to her only child."

By the time she's done, there were tears rolling down my face as well. Every time I hear about my mother, I can't help but cry. Usually, Nana would mention my mother's name to spite and anger me, but today is the first time I've heard her talk so kindly about my mother. I've never even seen a picture of her, but Uncle Kwame tells me that I really resemble her. I don't know how to feel. A part of me doesn't want to forgive Nana because of how much I've suffered but another part of me feels sympathy because in a weird way, I understand her. Her older sister was taken away from her - because of me- and every time she looks at me, she is reminded that her sister will never come back to life all because I was born. Even though that's a sick reason to maltreat me, it's understandable that all the pain has made her bitter and angry.

"D-don't cry." I coax, trying to stop her from sobbing. She shakes her head as more tears stroll down her face.

"I'm just... so sorry. I'm a terrible person and I wish I could take back everything I did or said to you. Please, please, forgive me. I'm begging you."

The sympathetic side of me took over. "Please, calm down."

She sniffles. "Do you forgive me?"

I sigh. "I need time to really trust and forgive you. But, I don't want there to be any bad blood between us anymore. I want us to have a healthy relationship."

She approvingly nods, wiping the tears off her face. "I understand. I also want us to mend our relationship. I even have a good way to start."

"How?"

"Moving back in. Please. Let's start fresh."

I was really having fun staying with Gifty, but I also wanted to have a happy life with my aunt. She couldn't resort to her abusive ways after this type of apology.

"Um, are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. Please, it's been way too silent by myself." she pleads, still holding onto my hand.

"Tomorrow." I inform her with a small nod.

"Really? Tomorrow?" she asks again with her eyebrows arched excitedly. I nod, causing her to throw her arms around me in a tight embrace. I froze. I don't remember ever hugging her, or her hugging me. It felt so foreign, but in a way, it felt comforting.

Like a mother's touch.

**

'Yeah. Afia speaking.'

'This is Nana. I did it. I begged Maadwoa to forgive me and the idiot accepted my apology.'

'Excellent. See, was that so hard?'

'Yes it was. Can you believe I had to hug her in order to make it more believable? I almost vomited in my mouth.'

'Oh I can imagine. I'd rather lick the bottom of my shoe.'

'That's what I was thinking. I'm only doing this for the money and for my own amusement. This plan better be worth it.'

'Oh, trust me, it will be. Have you convinced her to move back in? I told you she will need to be in the house for this to work.'

'Of course I did. She will be moving back tomorrow though.'

'That works even better. Since you've done your part, my dad and I will take over from here. We're headed to the castle.'

'I still don't know what you're planning to do.'

'You'll find out later tonight. Do not fall asleep too early. I will need to see you.'

'Oh, I'll be awake. I'll be wide awake.'

'Why does that sound suspicious?'

'I will be having...company--'

'Yeah, never mind, I don't care. Just be awake.'

With that, Afia hangs up and smugly smiles to herself. She was confident that this plan was going to work out perfectly. Maadwoa would regret the day she even made eye contact with the prince.

Afia happily skips down the spiral staircase, heading towards her mother and father in the living room. They were dressed and ready to pay the royal family a visit, Ekow had arranged with the royals for the adults to go out and eat while Afia and Danny could bond at the castle. Of course, the visit was all part of the plan and they have ulterior motives for going there.

"Daddy, Maadwoa has forgiven her aunt and agreed to move back!" she beams.

Mr and Mrs Nelson mischievously grin at each other before Ekow pulls out his phone from his back pocket.

"Wonderful. Now, I have to do my part before we go."

"Are you going to take care of the CCTVs?" his wife asks as she watches him tap through apps on his phone.

"That's what I'm doing right now. Do not worry." he assures.

Afia twirls the end of one of her braids in her hands as she curiously watches her father. "Daddy, how are you going to control the CCTV from that little phone of yours?"

"I've connected the address of the castle to my phone. Since I'm so adept in the world of technology," he starts while Afia rolls her eyes at his smug smirk. "I was able to hack into their CCTV security system. I have access to all the controls now, so I'm preparing to shut down the system before we get there."

"What if the guards--" his wife starts before he intervenes.

"The King stupidly admitted that they barely guard the cameras because they don't usually go through the footage. But I know they'll want to access the cameras after today, so we're taking precautions."

"And the alarm system?" Afia queries.

He waves his phone in her face with a wink. "All taken care of. Don't worry about anything. You know what to do, Afia. Right?"

"Of course. It's me you're talking to."

"Do you have the gloves?" her mother questions.

Afia gestures at the extra large purse around her shoulder. "Right in here."

"Then, we're all set. Let's go."

* *

The Nelsons were greeted by several maid servants and guards as they entered the castle. One of the guards led the Nelsons to the parlour, where the king and queen were speaking with the prince, who looked uninterested in the conversation. Afia smiled to herself upon seeing him, believing that he would soon fall for her.

"Good afternoon, Your Majesties." Afia sweetly greets, announcing their presence.

The King averts his gaze from his son to the Nelsons. "Good evening Nelsons. The Queen and I were awaiting your arrival."

Danny rolls his eyes and slouches in the couch, ignoring the guests.

"Sorry if we kept you waiting. We had a minor thing to attend to." Ekow lies while his wife nods in agreement.

"No big deal. If you guys are ready to head out now, we can."

"Head out where? Where are you guys going?" Danny asks, trying to hide the excitement in his voice. Having the whole house to himself would be Heaven, even if it was just for one night.

"The Nelsons have arranged for us to have dinner with them." the Queen responds.

Danny groans, thinking that he'd have to spend a night with them and their aggravating daughter. "Do i have to go?"

"You were never invited. This is just for us adults. You and Afia are going to stay behind and use this time to bond." the King sternly informs.

This time, Danny doesn't hide his agitation. He slouches back in the couch again, letting out an exasperated sigh. How many times would they force him and Afia to get along? No matter how hard they tried, it didn't work, so trapping them in a house alone is just drivel.

Afia rolls her eyes at his reaction but plasters a smile on her face. "We'll have fun, Dannybear."

"I doubt it." he mutters.

"Treat my daughter like you would Maadwoa and stop with the rude behavior." Mrs. Nelson scolds. Danny's face hardens at her words and a breath hitches in his throat. He hates the way her name rolls off their tongues; with so much venom and disgust.

"Pardon my son's insolence, Afia." the King begs, glaring at the prince, who could not care less.

Afia plasters another grin on her face. "That's okay. He needs time."

"What he needs is sense, and I know you're a very sensible person, so I am confident you will rub off on him soon." the Queen adds.

Afia nods, looking over at Danny and giving him a smile, just to spite him.

"Well then. I think we're all set. Shall we get going?" Ekow suggests, wanting to give his daughter time to execute the task.

"Of course. In fact, we can take the limousine." the King responds, as he and the adults start leaving the parlour.

"Afia, if Danny's rudeness persists, don't hesitate to call." the Queen informs.

"Oh, I don't think we'll have a problem. You guys have fun." she replies sweetly. Ekow shoots his daughter another glance, giving her a quick thumbs up as he trails behind them. The second they disappear out the door, Danny stands up and makes his way towards the glass staircase. He was not going to spend any time with her.

"Where are you going?" she questions, crossing her arms against her chest.

"Well, seeing as I'm on the staircase right now, I'd say I'm going upstairs." he sarcastically replies.

"I can see that clearly. Why are you leaving me here alone?" she asks, trying to act as she normally would.

"Because I genuinely do not want to hang out with you right now or anytime soon."

She narrows her eyes at him before plopping herself down on the golden couch.

"Fine, I won't force you. Just to avoid trouble, you tell my parents we watched a movie and I'll tell yours the same thing. Deal?"

Danny snickers. "I thought you were queen of trouble. Shouldn't you be calling my mother to report me right now?"

"Frankly, I've given up on you. So, you can go and mope in your room while I find a movie to watch. Myself." she lies. If she makes it seem like she's over him, he'll be more willing to fall for her schemes later.

Danny's brows arch in surprise. He expected her to be needy and whiny as usual, but this was not the case. What caused her to change overnight? She was just throwing herself at him two seconds ago and now she claims she's over him. It didn't make sense to him. He was relieved that she gave up on him but he was still tentative. It just seemed all too sudden. But, he couldn't care less. Any chance to get away from her was a blessing from God.

He watches Afia grab the remote and surf through channels on the plasma screen television. Her stoic gaze was fixed on the screen, not even sparing him a glance. Danny shrugs to himself and ascends the stairs.

When she sees him disappear from the corner of her eye, she looks to make sure he's completely gone. When she hears his door slam shut, she shoots up from the couch, sucking her teeth and muttering to herself. "The audacity."

Afia puts a random channel on and increases the volume to make it seem like she was actually watching it. She slips the heels off her feet to prevent them from making any noise when she maneuvers through the castle. She makes sure to grab her purse before setting out to find the throne room.

She tiptoes towards the corridor full of doors, peeking from behind the wall to see if there were any guards around, Lucky for her, they were all outside and the maids were in the kitchen or upstairs. Afia smirks to herself before she dashes across the corridor, towards the door at the end. She remembered where the throne room was after the king forced Danny to give her a tour of the whole castle when she came over once. Danny wouldn't let her go in, but he pointed her to the door.

Afia stands in front of the shiny, brown door, before reaching into her purse to grab the thick black gloves. She quickly puts them on, still glancing around her to make sure nobody was watching. From the corner of her eye, she sees a small camera in the corner of the hall and her breath hitches in her throat until she remembers that her father shut down the CCTV system. She lets out a sigh of relief, before quietly turning the doorknob. To her surprise, it was unlocked. This was going to be easier than she anticipated.

Afia slowly walks in, closing the door behind her. Her jaw drops at the sight of the room. She was in awe. The humongous room was decorated in gold. The ceiling lights were made of pure gold, the ceiling itself had intricate designs, the windows were tinted blue and were designed like those of a cathedral. There were candles lit in every corner, giving the room a lovely, lavender scent. The King and Queen's thrones were in the center of an elevated platform, with a royal blue drape behind them, and two golden pillars stood on either side. If she wasn't here to commit a crime, Afia would have admired the room some more. But she had business to handle.

Right next to the thrones was a glass that was cloaked with a silk, red material. That has to be what she's looking for, it couldn't be more obvious. Afia runs over to the glass, dropping her purse on the floor. She grabs onto the silk and yanks it off swiftly. Low and behold, the King's crown was trapped behind that glass. Her eyes fall upon the lock on the glass, causing her to roll her eyes. Leave it to the Forsons to put a lock on everything. How is she going to take it now?

She angrily runs her gloved hands through her hair, trying to think of a way around this. Her hand stops on the bobby pins in her hair. Well, she's seen it in the movies and there's no harm in trying. She pulls the pin out of her hair and pulls the two ends away from each other until it becomes straight. Praying that it works, she sticks the pin into the keyhole, poking it around until something unlocks. Nothing happens and she groans to herself, violently jabbing the pin deeper into the hole. When she finally hears a small click noise, she gasps and puts the pin in her pocket. She puts her hands around the little handle and pulls it open. Not even wasting a second, she snatches the crown with a wicked smile on her face. Her father will be so stoked to hear that she did it.

Afia carefully puts the glass head back on, and then stuffs the crown into her extra large purse. She pulls out the yellow hair bow Nana gave her and scoffs at it, before flinging it across the room into a corner that was noticeable. Someone would find it somehow, and that's all that mattered. Before she leaves, she drapes the red silk over the glass exactly the way it was before.

She zips up her purse and slings it across her shoulder, letting out a relieved breath. To her surprise, it felt therapeutic to steal the crown. Maybe it was the fact that this would destroy Maadwoa. Or maybe it was the fact that Danny would start to see Maadwoa as the villain in his life. Regardless, she felt no remorse for what she just did.

Afia peers out the door, making sure nobody was in the corridor. Realizing that the coast was clear, she quietly closed the door behind her and tiptoes away from the door. She heads towards the parlour, until one of the maids almost crashes into her.

"Sorry, madam. Where are you coming from?" the maid questions.

Afia glares at her, gripping onto the purse tighter. She was not going to let this random maid ruin everything for her.

"Were you employed to ask questions?" she retorts defensively.

The maid shakes her head and frowns apologetically. "No. Sorry, madam."

Afia rolls her eyes and pushes past the maid, strutting her way back to the parlour, with only one thing on her mind: 'I won.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm soooooo sorry for the delay, you have full permission to hurl tomatoes at me :(

I wasn't feeling motivated for some reason but I'm back now (hopefully).

Please vote/comment :)

ALSO, DID Y'ALL HEAR KUAMI EUGENE'S NEW SONG, OPEN GATE?!? I MISSED HIM, AND I MISS HIS OLD HAIR TOO :/

Song: Medikal ft. Sister Derby - Too Risky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82K 4K 52
Have you ever thought that you would go back in time? Especially, 1000 years ago? Have you ever thought you would fall in love with a person there? ...
208 61 17
Betrothed to the dark prince, Asterin must decide between choosing her duties, or her happiness. She already knows the ways of her family and their p...
121K 5K 63
You are an ordinary senior college student. But on your first day, you get a video game which sends you to the world 120 years in the past. There, yo...
82.4K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...