๐“๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐Š๐’...

By nimuekru

' darling, for you to feel this sad you must have once felt so happy and you will find that feeling again... More

๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”จ๐”ฐ
graphics gallery
๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข
00. - PROLOGUE
01. - AS I LAY DYING
02. - ROAD TRIP
03. - HOTEL CALIFORNIA
04. - SUMMER NIGHTS
05. - THE BIRTHDAY
06. - THE HYBRID
07. - THE END OF THE AFFAIR
08. - DISTURBING BEHAVIOUR
09. - THE RECKONING
10. - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
11. - HOMECOMING
12. - THE NEW DEAL
13. - OUR TOWN
14. - BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
15. - DANGEROUS LIAISONS
16. - ALL MY CHILDREN
17. - THE MURDER OF ONE
18. - GIRLS NIGHT
19. - THE HANGOVER
20. - DO NOT GO GENTLE
21. - THE DEPARTED
๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ ๐”ฑ๐”ด๐”ฌ
23. - CONFESSIONS
24. - THE RAGER
25. - THE FIVE
26. - ITALY
27. - WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES
28. - MY BROTHER'S KEEPER
ANNOUNCEMENT

22. - GROWING PAINS

13.4K 610 335
By nimuekru

( outfit for
chapter above )

i'm on such a roll updating this story it feels great

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
vingt-deux. — my sister's keeper!

Letha's hand was clenched tightly around Elena's cold one. She was sat beside her sister's bed waiting for her to wake up, Letha refused to move or eat no matter how much Jenna, Jeremy and the Salvatore's tried to coax her away. Damon and Stefan were in the room too, and she simply brushed off their whisperings about her state.

The grief she was feeling felt so much like fear, she was not afraid but she had the same fluttering in her stomach, the same restlessness. At other times it felt like being mildly drunk, or concussed. Letha felt that there was some sort of invisible blanket between the world and herself. She found it hard to take in what anyone was saying. Or maybe she just didn't want to. It was all so uninteresting.

Letha stared at her sister's pale face for a moment and wondered what she was feeling. Was it cold and dark? Was she scared? Maybe she simply felt a peace. In that moment Elena's doe brown eyes shot open and she sat up gasping for air, her hand still in Letha's squeezing it tightly.

"Letha?" Elena blinked slowly at her before spotting Stefan sat on the other side of the bed, "Stefan?"

"Hey. I'm right here. You've been in and out for hours." Stefan smiled at her comfortingly, her sister easing slightly at the sound of his voice, it broke her heart just a little more to see it.

"Wh-what happened?"

"You were in an accident."

Elena started panicking and looking around the room, "Oh my God. Matt is he...?"

Damon interrupted from the window seat, everyone turning to him as he spat out bitter poisonous words, "Alive?" He scoffed, "Ask Stefan. The hero."

"He's fine."

Elena seemed confused and Letha bit back tears, "Thank you. I thought that I – how did you...?"

"Save you? He didn't." Both Stefan and Letha glared at Damon.

Stefan took Elena's other hand in his, "When Jeremy brought you to the hospital before all this happened, your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made a choice, she used Damon's blood to heal you."

"And when Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road, you had vampire blood in your system, Elena."

Elena's breathing suddenly started to become erratic as she realised the true reason she was still breathing, "Oh my God. Does - does that mean that I – am I dead?" Nobody answered her, "No, no, no, no! That wasn't supposed to happen!"

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie, she says she's stronger than ever, there might be something that she can do to help you."

"No, the only thing that's going to help is for you to feed and complete the transition." Letha nodded in agreement.

"We have all day before she has to feed, Damon. That's a day to exhaust every possible way out of this."

"There is no way out of it. We all know the drill. You feed or you die. There is no door number three."

Letha pointed at him, "As much as I hate to agree with him, he's right," Damon looked at her in shock, "Every other vampire has been given these two choices, it's not going to be any different now, and you need to feed before we lose you for real."

"I was ready to die. I was supposed to die. I don't – I don't want to be – I can't be a vampire! If there's something that Bonnie can do we have to try." Elena said crying and slightly hiccuping.

"We will. We'll try everything."

Damon scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Your choice, Elena. As always." Damon got up and left the room, Stefan quickly following.

Letha kept her gaze to the floor, her words small and childlike, "Please don't do this, I can't lose you too." Elena tightened her grip on her hand, the smell of her sister's blood not even crossing her mind, "I know I sound so selfish, but I don't want you to go."

"I'm not going anywhere, we'll figure this out. I promise." She patted the spot beside her on the bed, and Letha climbed in beside her the way they used to when they were kids, "I really am sorry about Klaus, I know you really cared for him — and he really cared about you."

Letha shook her head, before resting it on Elena's shoulder, "Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I'm supposed to do right now. Right now I can't sleep. It's right now that I can't eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he's not here." Her hands shook, the hole in her chest ever present, "Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don't know what to do with all this hurt right now."

"I don't think I can survive loosing you as well."

——————

Letha woke up awhile later to a commotion, her sister having soothed her to sleep. Rubbing her eyes, she felt slightly refreshed but still numb.

She raced down the stairs, and let out a small squeal as a bunch of officers turned their guns to her, "I'm unarmed," she thought about the knife in her boot, "technically."

Elena pushed her behind her, as Stefan tried to calm them down, "Elena, Letha, don't move."

"We're so fucked."

—————

Letha drummed her fingers on the table anxiously as herself and Elena were held in the pastor's house. Elena was chewing on her fingernails as the Pastor turned the fire on the stove on, "You still want to be a writer? I remember how you'd read your short stories to my daughter when you'd babysit. She still loves writing because of you." He smiled at Letha too, "Are you still dancing? I'm afraid April isn't nearly as graceful as you."

"Why did you bring us here?"

"My deputies can watch out for us here. No vampires have been invited in. Look, girls, I know it sounds crazy, but years ago it was your parents who were advocating having an emergency plan like this. I never thought we'd actually have to use it." Letha noticed Elena glaring at the clock in pain and cursed under her breath, "Elena? Elena, you okay?"

"Where's Stefan?"

"Where he can't hurt you." Letha had to laugh at that one.

"He would never hurt me. You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Well, I know that wherever you go, Salvatore vampires seem to follow. You hungry?"

"No." Elena grumbled while Letha shook her head. Pastor Young ignored them as he pulled a tray from the fridge.

"So, we'll hold Stefan until Damon comes searching for you two. We'll use Rebekah to lure her siblings back into town — Letha seems to be very close with them too, so we have some extra bait. You'll give us the white oak stake and then we will exterminate the entire vampire race for good." He placed a giant steak in front of them and Letha groaned knowing this wouldn't end well. "Is something wrong? Elena, are you okay?"

Elena was staring hungrily at Pastor Young's neck. "Yeah."
Lie, "No, I've got to get out of here."

She stood up and bolted from the house — Letha noticed Pastor Young blocking her way so she picked up the steak and through it at his face before running out. Noticing her sister sprawled out on the ground, Letha took off running at the man who was leaning above her, throwing herself onto his shoulders as she tried to retrieve the knife from her boot — she strangled him with her legs as she blindly swiped at him.

The last thing she heard was a loud bang! And then everything went dark.

—————

"Letha! Bloody hell," an accented voice groaned, "wake up, you lazy cow."

Her eyes fluttered open lazily, gazing at the brick wall in front of her, she coughed weakly at the horrible smell that wafted through the air, "Rebekah?"

"Other side," Letha went to roll herself over only to gasp at the unexpected pain. She faced Rebekah who was in a cell almost opposite her and took her hand away from her stomach to reveal the blood staining her hands, "Letha?"

"You know I always thought getting shot would feel so much cooler." She laid back down with a wince, her head feeling woozy.

Rebekah instructed her to form a makeshift bandage with part of her top, and prop herself up against the wall — while Elena shouted at whoever would listen to let her sister out.

Hours must of passed and Letha could feel herself slipping away, no matter how much the others tried to keep her awake. The coolness of the wall felt soothing as her eyes fluttered shut. Footsteps rang through her mind and hope filled her chest as two feet stopped right outside her cell. Klaus stood there with a cocky smile and his perfect curls and she felt for a moment that she could breathe again, like the weight sitting on her chest had been removed, "You came back."

"I came home."

"Who are you talking to?" She blinked and he disappeared before her eyes, again.

"I thought— never mind," fear raced through her as she called out to her sister, "Elena?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't feel my legs." She was dying, and yet it didn't feel half as bad as losing him, "You know, I had someone who made every day mean something. And now... I am lost... And nothing means anything anymore." Letha rambled on, the words of a dying brain, while Rebekah watched from the opposite cell with tears streaming down her face.

"You're going to be fine," Elena dragged herself from the side of the cell where she'd been conversing with Stefan who was on the other side, to place her hand on the wall her sister was behind, "I promise, okay? Because I can't lose you."

"Always throwing my words back in my face." Letha laughed with a grimace, coughs escaping her.

"I read your letter you know," Elena smiled, not being able to see the small smile on her sister's face, "I love you too — and I'll never stop."

All of a sudden a guard entered the barn to check on them, Rebekah fake coughing to get the guard to come over to her, "Excuse me? Hello, sir?"

"I thought I told you to shut up."

"Here's the thing, my family we – we have money, castles, apartments, jewelry; just name your price and let me out." The officer got closer to her cage and she barely refrained a smirk.

"I'd much rather watch you die." Rebekah got up and sped towards the bars. The officer was startled and tried to pull his gun out but fell back towards the bars of Stefan's cage, the vampire grabbing him and slamming his head repeatedly on the bars till he bled. He dropped the dead body to the floor towards Elena's cage, "Elena. Elena!"

Elena gazed at the blood that was slowly trickling across the floor and reached her hand out, but as far as she could reach wasn't enough. She couldn't get close enough, stretching still she watched the blood trickle towards her hand. Pulling her hand back she desperately licked the blood from her fingertips and regained her healthy glow along with veins sprouting under her eyes.

The three vampires managed to escape from their cells, Elena excitedly opening her sister's cage to see her lying still on her side. Her smile died and she rolled her onto her back to find that her breathing had stopped and her eyes were shut, "No, no, no!" She gripped her sister shoulders as Rebekah started crying, "You can't be gone! Please, Letha!"

Her sister continued to lie there, dead on the dusty barn floor. Her expression peaceful and face pale. All of a sudden Elena was pushed out of the way, a livid Klaus stood there much to the shock of Elena and Stefan.

He bent down beside her, and started performing CPR, Rebekah covered her mouth in shock as she watched her brother desperately bang on the girls chest and give her the kiss of life, "Come on," he continued despite the others having given up hope, "You're a fighter! I need you to fight." He placed his lips over hers, giving her all the air he could. When suddenly, a very faint heartbeat and intake of air could be heard from her.

"Nik! You need to get her to a hospital, the bullets still inside her, if you try and take it out yourself you could kill her!" Rebekah warned.

The hybrid picked her body up as gently as possible — and then they were gone.

AUTHORS NOTE!

Half of me while writing this - while the other half cried.

I wanted to ask you guys what you think of the healing properties of vampire blood (not turning) just the blood... asking for a friend. Because from my interpretation Letha's wound will be fine and they'll be no angst, but I've always thought about like scars say you cut your arm years ago it's healed and scarred over now, I feel like vamp blood wouldn't heal it. And say if you're blind or deaf? I feel like Julie needs to make a whole book of the rules of vamp healing/blood and everything.

Also always wondered what would happen if Klaus got his head chopped off of something cause he's immortal?? Idk thanks for listening to my 1am slightly drunken rambles.

Stay safe! Remember to vote, comment and or share please lovelies!

Unedited
-summer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 806 14
trickster, love will be the end of you. KLAUS MIKAELSON / OC COVER BY NUMSKULLS.
2.8M 105K 63
I waited too long for you. I will devour you, Love you into flame. ยฉ totheiakes The Vampire Diaries OC x Klaus Mikael...
249K 6.8K 53
"I'm done ignoring how I feel about you.". "And what is that?" "I love you." --- Book 1 TVD seasons 2-4 Finished Jan. 2023 Disclaimer I don't own The...