Laws Of Love ✅

By afuaberry68

*Sometimes the one's closest to you are the ones you should be afraid of* Vanessa, a 28 year old lawyer is he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Character Interview
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not An Update👀
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

64 11 2
By afuaberry68

          A/N:  Hey guys, I added a picture above so you could have a better view of how Raymond looks like

*Raymond's p.o.v*

 I'm on the way to pick up Vanessa at the highway. I get a call. It's my dad.

      ''Hey son''

      ''Hi dad''

      ''I've got new info on the case you're handling. The accused killed his neighbour not his wife''

      ''Whoa, thanks for the info. I'll add it to the evidence''

      ''No need to thank me. Later son''

      ''Bye''

That can wait. Vanessa comes first. I hope I can gather enough courage and tell her how I feel. I see Vanessa on the highway and stop by her. She's in a white denim skirt and a black Versace top.

      ''Hop in'', I say and she hops in.

      ''Hey Ray'', she says as she sits.

      ''So where are you taking me?''

      ''Shanen cafe''

     ''I love that place. Thanks Ray''

      ''No need''

She just called me Ray. I haven't heard her call me that in a long time. I drive to the cafe. We get there and we get out of the car. We walk seperately until our hands touch. That sparks that I feel is incredible. As we walk in, I find two free seats. A waitress walks over to us.

      ''So  what can I get you?'', the waitress asks.

      ''A cherry cake and coffee will do'', Vanessa says.

      ''I'll have the ginger bread with milkshake''

      ''Your order will be coming right up'', the waitress says and excuses us.

      ''We haven't seen  each other in four years. Do you by any chance have a girlfriend?'', Vanessa asks.

      ''No, not even a crush''

      ''That's a lie''

      ''I'm not lying''

      ''With all these ladies in the law firm?''

      ''Not even one''

      ''How 'bout Tracey? I still remember how she was all over you in law school''

      ''No but she's now my colleague lawyer''

      ''That's trouble for you''

      ''I know right'', I say and we both burst into laughter.

      ''Here comes the waitress''

The waitress comes to our table and serves us our food.

      ''Enjoy your meal'', she says.

      ''We sure will'', I say to her and she walks away.

Vanessa takes a few bites and I take a couple. I stop eating and admire her. Here goes nothing. It's time to tell her.

      ''Vanessa, we've been friends since childhood even though we were separated for four years''

      ''Yeah''

    ''Seeing you these past weeks have brought back a lot memories. I just want to tell you something. I've never had the courage to tell you but Caleb encouraged me. I don't know how to say this...''

      ''It's okay...'', she says and holds my hand. ''... you can tell me anything''

      ''Vanessa Miller, will you be my girlfriend?''

She looks surprised and speechless. She bites her lip and looks at me.

      ''Yes but don't treat me like how Jay did. No lies, no pretence''

      ''I promise to never let you down''

I hold her hands tightly and we kiss. Her lips feel so soft and I taste the cherry lipstick on her lips. Our tongues entangle and she moans with pleasure. We stop kissing and stare at each other. Vanessa smiles at me.

      ''I love you and always will''

      ''I believe you''

We continue eating and talk in between our bites. After we are done with our meals, I call the waitress. I pay the bill then we leave.

   * * *

      I drive to Vanessa's apartment. Rielle is waiting for us. She looks at us suspiciously.

      ''Hey!'', she yells.

      ''Rielle, you've grown up'', I say.

      ''I'm sixteen now that's why''

      ''I can see''. I smirk

      ''Anyway, thanks for today. I had a great time with you'', Vanessa cuts in and I hold her chin wanting to kiss her. She smiles at me.

      ''You're welcome'', I tell her.

Our lips almost touch but Vanessa stops and we both look at Rielle. She is staring at us as if she is waiting to see a kiss.
Teenagers these days
Vanessa looks at me and laughs.

      ''I'll see you'', I say.

      ''Take care. Bye'',Vanessa says.

I wave Rielle goodbye. I hop in my car and drive out of Vanessa's apartment compound.

     - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

       I get to my home only to find my dad and a young lady waiting for me.

      ''Son, you're here'', he says beaming with smiles.

      ''I am'', I say looking puzzled at the lady.

      ''Son, this is Alisha'', he refers to the lady.

      ''Hi'', Alisha says to me.

      ''Dad, what's going on?'', I ask.

      ''Well, you're not getting any younger and I don't want to leave this world without seeing my very own grandchildren''

      ''Oh my God! Dad! I know but I won't marry Alisha...'' I turn to the lady,''...I'm sorry but that's the truth''

She breaks down and leaves.

      ''Son, why did you do that?''

      ''I'm not intrested in her. Vanessa and I are dating so you don't have to worry about your grandchildren''

      ''That's great news. Wait till your mom hears this'', he says and walks out of my apartment so excited. I should stop giving him the keys.

I get a call from the office. It's Nathan, my colleague.

      ''Ray?''. There's a hint of fear in his voice.

    Concerned,  ''What's the matter?''

      ''I just heard from the vice president that Jay's case would be in the next two weeks

      ''Why the sudden push?''

      ''The judge says the lawyers have found new evidence''

      ''Oh okay. Thanks for the heads up''

      ''As always. Bye''

That means I have two weeks to be with Vanessa before whatever happens does happen. It's either Jay is sentenced then Vanessa and I will be together, or Jay is released. That would only mean trouble

Raymond's dad really wants a grandchild so bad. His reaction was priceless
Do you think Jay will be convicted? Find out in the next update...

Don't forget to vote✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 27 20
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
15.9K 261 22
Two besties join influencer city but find love along the way, what happens when old flings get in the way
354 1 40
Cereza was going to be a junior in high school who thought she would never find love. All her friends had somebody they love, but not her. It started...
4.8M 138K 35
Vanessa is the daughter of an Alpha. She's stubborn, fiesty, and stern. She would do anything to protect her family and pack, even if that means leav...