Meant To Be

Oleh phoenixmaiden13

One Night of passion leads to drastic consequences that changes the war completely. Harry must go into hiding... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 23

10.1K 347 118
Oleh phoenixmaiden13

Dumbledore stared around at all the faces turned toward him and took a deep breath. "I believe it is time I told you the truth."

"About what, Albus?" Minerva asked uncertainly.

"About Harry and his involvement in this war," Dumbledore answered.

"What do you mean?" Molly Weasley asked, glancing at Ron and Hermione who were watching Dumbledore in what looked like dismay. She knew just by looking at them that the two of them knew something, but really or course they did; it involved Harry.

Dumbledore sighed softly, "I regret to inform all of you that Harry has no longer any desire to participate in this war."

Sounds of outrage and despair went around the room as many members voiced their concerns about the news. "What do you mean?"

"He can't just leave!"

"What about us? What are we going to do now?"

"He has to defeat You-Know-Who!"

"He's our Savior!"

"I know!" Dumbledore said, raising his voice over the din and everyone quieted down, "I know you are upset, but despite all Harry has done over the years, he never did ask for it. We put him on a pedestal and expected him to fight our battles in exchange for nothing."

At Dumbledore's words, everyone looked down, ashamed. No matter how they wanted to deny it, it was true. Ever since Harry had entered into the wizarding world he had been put into dangerous situations and when He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came back, they expected Harry to vanquish him for them. He had always been there, fighting right there on the front lines, risking his life day after day, even more so after he graduated.

"I do not blame him for wanting to drop out, not after all he has been through. Which is why I placed Harry in that cottage, away from everyone else...to protect him."

"I don't blame him either, I always said he was too young to be out there fighting," Molly spoke up, "it is way too dangerous. You too," she said rounding on her youngest son and Hermione.

"Mum..." Ron said with a sigh.

"Now, now," Arthur stepped in as Molly got rearing to go, "We all understand how you feel, dear."

"Indeed," Dumbledore said with a slight smile. They all knew how vocal she was during meetings when any of her children volunteered to go out on missions for the Order, Harry and Hermione included.

"But why? Why so suddenly?" someone asked. Murmurs around the room voiced the same question.

"Albus?" Remus spoke up hesitantly, "does this have anything to do with...with that room in the house?"

"Ah! I saw it too," Tonks exclaimed, "there was a crib in there, and toys, though it was all burned...why would he have those things?"

"Unless there was a child there, but why would there be? If he was in hiding..." Remus trailed off as he started thinking and not believing where his thoughts were going. "Albus? Why was there a child there?"

"Yeah, why?" Others started to ask, their murmurs going around the room and wild guesses accumulating as it made its way around.

Dumbledore closed his eyes briefly and sighed. He hadn't wanted to tell anyone about Wynter until Harry was ready, or until Harry told the Order himself, but with Harry and Wynter missing, it was no longer something that should be kept secret. Not if they wanted to find the both of them. I'm sorry, Harry. "Everyone is aware of Harry's capture by the Death Eater's about a year ago, correct?" At everyone's nod, he continued, "Harry did not tell the whole truth about his capture, at first," he closed his eyes and breathed out a deep sigh, suddenly feeling his age, "while in captivity...Harry was raped."

Gasps of horror and shock rose up from around the room. Whispers of "oh my god" and "is that true?" They were shocked and angry that someone would do such a thing to Harry, or anyone for that matter, but not as much as those close to him.

Remus was lost for words; unable to comprehend what had happened, that it didn't happen, that Dumbledore did not just say that Harry, his best friend's son, one who he had vowed to protect, had something so...inexcusable done to him. And he hadn't done anything; hadn't even known.

Minerva closed her eyes and looked away, clearly upset; Harry hadn't deserved this. For the sake of protecting them all, he had been hurt too many times to count, now this was just another scar for Harry to bare; only this time it cut too deep, there was a limit to how much one can take. It hurt her to know that one of her Gryffindor's had been through something of this magnitude and she had not been able to stop it or help; no matter that he was no longer one of her students.

Molly was crying, her hands covering her face at the thought of Harry, who she thought of as her own son, going through such a thing, such a horrible, horrible thing. Oh how, scared he must have been. It had been no wonder that Harry had been so distant when he had come back, jumpy. And he had told no one except Dumbledore...she glanced at Ron and Hermione who were both looking down, hunched over as the people around them expressed their outrage; she was suddenly sure that maybe Harry hadn't been alone and was at least glad for that.

Ron and Hermione kept quiet and faced downward as the news sank in. They really couldn't believe that Dumbledore had told everyone without Harry's consent, it made them angry that he had betrayed Harry's trust like that, but on the other hand, they knew that it had to be done. With the evidence of Wynter in the house and the fact that some of the Order had seen it, it had to be explained, especially if they were going to find both of them. Now it was only a matter of time until someone put it together.

"T-Then the baby..." Remus whispered, eventually, the facts clicking into place.

"Is Harry's," Dumbledore stated. "He found out he was pregnant a few weeks after he came back," he finished amongst another round of gasps.

"That's why he was sick," Molly whispered through her fingers, eyes swimming with tears, "why he went away..."

"Correct," Dumbledore answered, "once it was time he was hidden away to give birth and stayed there."

"You mean he kept it?" someone asked in surprise.

"Kept it? No, he should have just gotten rid of it."

"Yeah, it's a Death Eater's spawn. It should be killed."

"Would be best..."

"What was Potter thinking?"

"Disgusting..."

"Harry should have known better than to keep it."

"Should be put down..."

"Stop it!" Hermione shouted, standing abruptly. "All of you should be ashamed of yourselves!" The room went quiet as the normally composed girl started fuming at them. "It's a baby you are all talking about. A completely innocent little baby! It doesn't matter who her father is or what he has done. It has nothing to do with her."

"Hermione is right," Ron said standing up, shifting their attention to him, "it doesn't matter. How she was conceived or who her father is. Harry has been doing his best to raise her with all the love and care he can and that's all that matters."

"But it's a Death Eater's kid," a woman spoke up.

"Yeah!" others joined in.

"It's a monster!"

"It's Harry's too!" Ron snapped, "or does that not matter to any of you? The one you claim to be your savior. It was his decision to keep her and love her despite all of that. If he can then so can you."

"All babies are born innocent," Hermione put in, "it just depends on how they are raised. And Harry is raising his child the way he sees fit. It has nothing to do with you."

"If you can't deal with it, just keep your damn mouth shut," Ron stated.

Cries of outrage and disgust rose at the words and Ron and Hermione defended Harry with everything they had. Molly and Remus also joined in as well as those of who knew Harry personally, taking his side. They didn't know everything that was going on but they knew Harry and knew he wouldn't make a decision like that lightly.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore thundered, angry at the accusations and derogatory words flying around, and immediately everyone went silent and still. "Now, I know everyone has their own opinion on the matter, but Harry has made the best of what has happened to him and no one has a right to say otherwise. It was his decision to carry his child and give her life, knowing where she has come from and how she came to be. It is the most difficult and bravest decision he has ever made and deserves our full support, even if some do not feel that way." He looked around the room over the rim of his glasses and everyone bowed their head and stayed silent.

"She? You keep saying she," Molly spoke up, turning to Ron and Hermione.

"Yeah. He had a girl," Ron answered with a soft smile.

"Beautiful little thing; big, bright green eyes," Hermione spoke up, smiling too, "though she's not so small anymore."

"You've seen her?" Tonks asked.

"Yeah, we would visit every week to keep Harry company. She always gives us this big smile when we come over; would light up a room," Ron added.

"She sounds wonderful," Molly said, smiling as well; it was infectious, and as the other's listened they found themselves smiling too.

"She is, she's just a normal bright, happy baby," Hermione said.

"What's her name?" Remus asked.

"Wynter," Hermione answered, "Wynter Lily Potter."

"Wynter Lily...that's a unique name," Remus said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, but if you meet her, you can see why. She has a mind of her own."

"I like it," Remus said with a smile.

"We do too," Ron said.

Remus hesitated for a minute before asking, "Do...do you know who her father is?"

Ron and Hermione shook their heads and Dumbledore spoke up, "Unfortunately no. Harry never told anyone and I did not put the issue; it was traumatic enough for him. Though whether or not he knows at all is unclear."

"Harry's never said anything to us either," Hermione added, "He never talks about it and we never pushed."

"It doesn't matter anyway," Ron put in, "It's Harry's daughter, there is no father."

"Right, understood," Remus said with an amused smile. "I would like to meet her."

"I'm sure Harry would like you to meet her too, but I have no idea where he is," Hermione said, suddenly worried, "he hasn't contacted us yet. He wasn't at the house and most of the stuff was gone, so I thought they got out."

"We never did set up what to do in case something happened," Ron admitted, "I wish we had."

"It could be that he's laying low," Tonks suggested.

"Perhaps, but I believe that is not the case," Dumbledore said, running his hand down his white beard in contemplation.

"What do you mean, Albus?" Minerva asked.

"While we do know that Harry was no longer in the cottage when the fire was put out, I don't believe that he got out by himself. I do believe he had help."

"How do you know that, professor?" Hermione asked.

"I had briefly seen a shadow leaving the premises earlier tonight. At the time I was not certain as to what it was, but I believe that it was Harry."

"He was leaving?" Ron asked, "Then why didn't he just come out to us?"

"Didn't you listen, Ronald?" Hermione scolded him, "Harry wasn't alone, but that means...that someone took him! Professor, we have to find them!"

"I know, Ms. Granger, though it remains to be seen whether the person who took him was a friend or not."

"Well, obviously it was a Death Eater, right?" an Order member spoke up, "they did set fire to the house."

"Yes, and I would have thought the same, but all the windows and doors were sealed shut, with the sole purpose of keeping Harry and Wynter inside with no way out," Dumbledore explained, "But the shadow that I had seen had come from a window where the glass had been broken inward."

Ron looked around as comprehension showed on people's faces, "You lost me."

"It means, someone, broke in and took Harry and Wynter and left again," Hermione said.

"So...then who took them and are they are okay?" Ron asked.

"I have no idea," Hermione said softly; not sure if she should panic or not, "I hope to God they are okay."

"As do I," Dumbledore said, "You two have spent the most time with Harry, do you know if he had any contact with anyone?" he asked Ron and Hermione.

"...no. I don't think so," Hermione said thoughtfully, "he mostly kept to himself so that he wouldn't stick out to anyone."

"Wait," Ron suddenly said, "there may be someone. We always teased him about Harry possibly seeing someone."

"Oh! That's right!" Hermione gasped.

"What do you mean, he was seeing someone?" Remus asked.

"It's just that...Harry's been really...happy lately and we teased him constantly that he had met someone from town down the way. He always denied it though, so I'm not sure if it's true and was just embarrassed or that there really wasn't anyone," Hermione explained.

"Now I'm not sure if his mystery guy was a muggle or not; especially since the guy who took Harry and Wynter away obviously had magic. It could have nothing to do with him at all," Ron stated.

"This is all may be true, but what matters most of all is that we find Harry and his daughter before harm comes to them," Dumbledore said, "it is of vital importance that we make sure we bring them home safe and sound."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

163K 4.7K 64
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
451K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
664K 24.2K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
182K 6.6K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...