Cats Vs Dogs [Sugakookie/Yoon...

By boopable_army

Yoongi's kingdom, the cat hybrid kingdom, has been in war his whole life with the neighboring dog hybrid king... More

Info:
1: Outside the Fort Walls
2: Who Are You?
3: Who Is He?
4: Prince Yoongi
5: Queen of the Canines
6: Best Friend
7: It's A Fortress
8: Tying The Knot
9: Coming of Age
10: Honeymoon: Day 1+2
11: Day 3: Breakfast
12: Day 4: The Beach
13: Day 5: Pillow Fort
14: Day 6: Alone Time
15: Day 7: The Last
16: Royalty
17: Oh Heck, That's Hot
18: After Effects
19: Pro Or Con
20: A Breath of Fresh Air
21: A Puppy's Anger
22: Happy Wife Happy Life
23: Chubby
24: The Kingdom's Heir
25: First Time Parents
26: Prince Beomgyu
27: Visiting Grandparents
28: Four Months
29: Dinner Party
30: Throw Hands
31: The Protector
32: The Perfect Gift
33: Jungkook's Birthday
34: Baby's First Tooth
35: A Walk Through the Woods
36: Taken
37: Coup D'รฉtat
38: The New Ally
39: The New King
40: Trauma
41: Cat Gets Caught
42: Talking Your Feelings Out
43: A Small Crush
44: House Arrest
45: Set Free
46: Better Together
47: Mistakes Were Made
48: Backlash
49: Tension
50: First and Last Words
52: Chubbier
53: The Miracle of Childbirth
54: Epilogue 1: Terrible Two's
55: Epilogue 2: Playdate
56: Epilogue 3: Namjin Part 1
57: Epilogue 4: Namjin part 2
58: Epilogue 5: They Grow Up So Fast
59: Epilogue 6: Baby Fever
60: Epilogue 7: Probability

51: Yoongi's Birthday

1.8K 93 90
By boopable_army

(A/N: So it's been over a month... I'm sorry about that. I've been stressed with life recently and time yeeted itself out the window so instead of leaving an apology at the beginning of every chapter and promising more to come sooner, I'm just gonna say I will post when I can but it won't be as often as I wish it could be. I'm sure y'all can understand. Also, another long chapter)

"Happy birthday, kitten."

"Ready to bake that cake?" 

Jungkook huffed. "No."

"Why not? It was your idea."

"I thought it would just be us, but your mom invited herself," Jungkook grumbled. 

"My mom is a delight to have around," Yoongi put a hand on his chest in mock hurt. 

"But we don't get along," Jungkook whined. "Maybe you should just go bake with her as some mother and son alone time, and I'll just stay up here and watch Beomgyu."

"Don't be like that," Yoongi shook his head. "It's going to be fine."

"But somebody needs to watch Beomgyu."

"We have a whole castle full of staff and a small circle of friends we can ask. Jin has been obsessed with the idea of babies and children since we had Beomgyu. I'm sure he'd love to watch him."

"It's a fortress, not a castle."

"Yeah, okay, tuff guy," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "That's not the point I was making."

"What if I don't trust the castl-- fortress staff?" 

"You're the one who hired them. If you don't trust them, then they should probably be fired. And I also suggested Jin, who is probably the most trustworthy person in this whole castle, including you."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just call Jin more trustworthy than your own husband."

"Hey," Yoongi shrugged. "I've known him for longer."

"So?" Jungkook scoffed, somewhat playfully, wrapping his arms around Yoongi. "As your husband, I should be the one you can put all of your trust in."

"You do have all my trust," Yoongi responded. "And I trust that you'll be in the kitchen baking my birthday cake with my mother in the next 30 minutes."

And with that, Yoongi pat Jungkook's shoulder and pushed himself out of his arms, leaving their bedroom. 

Jungkook stood there and whined in disbelief. Yoongi was totally being unfair in his opinion. Despite that, Jungkook dragged himself into the closet to get dressed. And in the next 30 minutes, Jungkook found himself in the kitchen with Yoongi and his mom after passing Beomgyu off to Jin. 

"There you are," Yoongi smiled. "Took you long enough."

"It's been ten minutes!" Jungkook shot back. "That isn't very long!"

"I was being sarcastic, you big baby."

"How am I supposed to know that?" Jungkook crossed his arms, walking to the kitchen counter. "You say things in a very non sarcastic sounding way."

"I'm literally the most sarcastic person you know?" Yoongi made a 'bruh' face.

"Where's the mixing bowls?" Jungkook grumbled, opening the lower cabinets. (Dummy doesn't know his own kitchen.)

"Far left," Yoongi responds, going to get the eggs from the fridge.

"I'll get the dry ingredients," Queen Min told them, going through the cupboard. 

~~~~~ (Was gonna write the cake scene but couldn't get in the mood and wanted to finish the chapter sooner)~~~~~

"Do you want to frost the cake?"

"No. Why would I want to frost my own birthday cake? My birthday is supposed to be the day that people do things for me so that I don't have to," Yoongi grumbled.

"It was just a question," Jungkook put his hands up. "A simple 'no' would have been enough."

"It's okay, baby," Queen Min smiled. "I'll frost the cake. You two can go do something else until the party."

Jungkook had to bite back a possessive remark when she called Yoongi 'baby', but he knew it was only because she was his mother and probably called him that for all of his life. And he almost whined audibly when Yoongi smiled and thanked his mom, shooting him a glare to further get his point across.

Clearly, Yoongi was getting slight mood swings, but Jungkook learned not to comment on them long ago, back during the first pregnancy. That was like asking to be kicked out of the bed at night.

Instead, Jungkook took a deep breath and put on a smile.

"Thank you for volunteering, Queen Min. Yoongi, baby, would you like to go walk around or something?"

"Shouldn't you be setting up for the party?" Yoongi scoffed, crossing his arms.

"We started getting ready for the party days ago. I'm pretty sure it's already set up, but I can check on it if you want. Do you want to come with me?"

"No. I want to lay down."

"Fair enough," Jungkook shrugged, starting to slowly lead Yoongi out of the kitchen. "Would you like me to carry you to our room so you can lay down for a while?"

"I can walk on my own just fine, thank you," Yoongi pushed Jungkook away and started walking away, not once looking back at the pouting Jungkook who was just trying to be a good husband.

"Tough luck," Min snickered, walking past Jungkook from the kitchen. "I'm going to go get a certain flavored icing from the market."

Jungkook didn't know where he went wrong to trigger the mood swing. Yoongi was just fine earlier being happy and everything as they made the cake together. Sure, Jungkook and Min had bickered a little here and there, but it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past.

But he figured he would just have to wait for the party he had planned for Yoongi to make it up to him, because he didn't want to be kicked out and forced to sleep in a guest bedroom tonight.

~~~~~

"Hurry up, I don't want to be late to the party!"

"Slow the heck down, Tae," E grumbled as she tried to keep up with the tree that was Kim Taehyung. "I miss Yoongi too, but fashionably late is just fine!"

"I have to stop by someone's house though!" Taehyung explained. "I made a promise to them that they would be invited to the next royal party, and I'm going to keep that promise."

"It's a smaller party though, isn't it? How's Yoongi going to react when someone he didn't invite shows up?"

"Well, technically, he didn't invite you," Taehyung pointed out. "You're my plus one, and he just happens to be friends with you. So, I'm sure he won't mind if I take a plus two--"

"Wait, who is this person you're inviting anyway?"

"Just someone who I owe a favor to," Taehyung explained, stopping at a door to a random house on the street on the way to the castle, knocking on the door.

A confused Yukio opened the door. "Taehyung? What are you--"

"It's party time, b*tch. Follow me," Taehyung pulled him out of the door and started dragging him.

"Wait what?"

"Yoongi's birthday party!" Taehyung explained. "I promised you I would take you to the next royal party! This one is going to be a lot smaller, but I think it will be a lot less overwhelming this way, since you haven't been invited before."

"Oh! That! Thank you sir, but I don't think I'm in the proper attire for a royal party."

Yukio looked down at what he was wearing. Skinny jeans and a short sleeve shirt. Not fancy in the slightest.

"Nonsense," Taehyung responded dismissively. "Yoongi hates fancy parties. Everyone was told not to dress up."

"Yeah," E nodded. "I mean, look what I'm wearing. I look like I'm homeless and had to pick clothes from a dumpster."

"Literally shut up you are so gorgeous," Taehyung scoffed. "I think sweatpants and a loose crop top are perfect for you because your waist is so tiny."

E blushed and stopped talking. Taehyung was always like this, aggressively complementing her. Not that she minded, but they weren't alone at the moment so it was a little embarrassing. 

"I just meant that I didn't look fancy either," she mumbled.

The three finally made it to the palace and went in without any trouble since the guards recognized them. Taehyung led them to the large dining hall that had been set up with a few minimal decorations. 

In the middle of the room was the usual table, but with a white lace table cloth and the cake from earlier. No other tables and chairs were set up since there was already enough for the few people invited, excluding a small table that held wine and champagne and other party beverages. But upon Jin's insistence, there were a few banners and streamers here and there. The cake was in the middle of the table, and there were a few things surrounding it like chips and fruits for snacking on. And as one of Yoongi's only requests, there was a music player with huge speakers so that he could play some music and maybe they could dance at some point.

"Wow," Yukio gasped. "This looks like an amazing party."

"It's very low key for a royal, but yes, it will be amazing," Taehyung smiled, grabbing onto E's hand.

"Hey, you made it!" Jungkook appeared from the kitchen to greet them. 

"Yeah. I brought two guests, so I hope that's okay."

Jungkook shrugged. "I don't care. And I doubt that Yoongi does either. So, the more the merrier."

Jin ran through the entrance to the hall, dragging an irritated looking Namjoon behind him.

"The party has arrived! Now let's-- wait, where is everyone?"

"I told you no one would be here yet," Namjoon nudged Jin with his elbow. "Our friends are the least punctual people we know."

"Well, I am punctual."

"But we could have stayed in bed longer," Namjoon whined. 

"It's polite to be on time for things like this," Jin shot back before looking around. "Why isn't Yoongi here yet? How could he be late to his own party?"

"He wants to get ready and come down once most people have arrived so that he doesn't have to wait for everyone," Jungkook explained. 

"That sounds like him," E sighed, causing Jin to turn to her.

"E!" Jin smiled and let go of Namjoon, running over and giving her a hug to greet her.

E let go of Taehyung's hand and hugged back, making Taehyung pout at how empty his hand felt.

"Hey Jin."

"I haven't seen you in a while. I'm sure Yoongi will be happy to see you."

"He better be happy to see me," E put her hands on her hips. "He's like my little brother."

"Isn't Yoongi older than you?" Jin pointed out.

"Don't correct me, child. Age is nothing but a number."

"That doesn't make sense--"

"Hello everyone!" Hoseok beamed, pulling an embarrassed looking Jimin behind him.

"I'm going to go wait by the doors for King Min," Jungkook excused himself. "You guys can start eating snacks if you want."

"Don't mind if I do," Taehyung smiled, immediately going to the snack table.

Jungkook returned with both King and Queen Min before going to get Yoongi since most of the people had arrived.

Yoongi came down with Jungkook after giving Beomgyu to one of the more trusted workers. He wanted to bring Beomgyu around with him, but he didn't think a small party with alcohol and dancing was the best place for him to be.

Yoongi went around greeting each guest individually, thanking them for coming to his little party. Jungkook followed him around, but Yoongi was giving him the cold shoulder from earlier.

"Hi dad!" Yoongi gave his father a hug since it had been a long time since they had seen each other.

"Happy birthday, Yoongi."

Almost an hour into the party, the doors opened, gaining everyone's attention.

"Did you miss me?" Minjun strutted in as if he owned the place.

"Minjun!" Yoongi lit up, running over to give him a hug. "You came!"

Jungkook frowned, not having expected the newly crowned bear to attend the party. "When did you send him an invitation?"

"I had some palace workers do me a favor," Yoongi shrugged. "Thought it would be a nice surprise."

"It's definitely a surprise to me," Jungkook mumbled, walking over to the new guest, putting out his hand. "Well, it's good to see you again, King Minjun."

"Same to you," the bear returned the handshake.

After Minjun got settled in, everyone started going back to eating and drinking and dancing.

Jungkook followed behind Yoongi like a lost puppy.

Yoongi sighed and turned around. "What?"

"Please, baby, don't ignore me. I'm not sure what I did but I'm sorry and I wanna make it up to you."

"Of course you do."

"Kitten..."

"Following me around isn't going to cheer me up."

"Then how about dancing?"

"What?"

"Would you like to dance with me, kitten?" Jungkook asked, holding out his hand.

Yoongi put his hand in Jungkook's in a reluctant manner. "Just because I want to dance doesn't mean anything," Yoongi insisted. "I'm still mad at you."

"Of course," Jungkook smiled, pulling Yoongi closer. "I wouldn't have expected anything else from you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yoongi frowned, putting his arms around Jungkook's neck. 

"I just know how strong-willed you are, that's all." Jungkook wrapped his arms around Yoongi's waist, starting to sway. 

"Are you calling me stubborn?"

"If the shoe fits, my dear Cinderella."

Yoongi pouted. "Hey."

"I'm just joking around, but you really are my little Cinderella. You took my breath away the first time I ever saw you."

"Bold of you to assume that you're the prince charming of this fairy tale."

Jungkook frowned. "What do you mean?"

"If I'm Cinderella, then you're my fairy godmother. You're the one who made it possible for my life to change."

"If I'm the fairy godmother, then who's Jin?"

"The fat rat friend who eats a lot."

"Oh my god," Jungkook laughed. "You didn't just say that. I'm going to tell Jin."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, I totally would," Jungkook insisted, lightly pinching Yoongi's side, making him squeak.

"I'll never forgive you."

"A small price to pay for a good laugh," Jungkook reasoned.

"No, Yukio! Get down!"

Jungkook and Yoongi turned their heads to Taehyung's screech and saw a very much drunk Yukio stacking the chairs and climbing to the top. Deciding that their conversation was no longer very important, they broke apart and ran over to where everyone else was starting to crowd around the chairs. 

"Who let him drink that much?" Yoongi asked.

"He said he could handle it!" Taehyung pouted. "I think he was just trying to cover for the fact that he hadn't drunk before and didn't know that he was going to be a bit of a lightweight."

"Who is he?" Minjun asked, trying not to laugh at the young Yukio, swaying as he sat on the stacked chairs. "I haven't seen him before."

"He's a guard in training and palace worker. His name is Yukio."

"Taetae, I'm think gonna fly!" Yukio giggled, leaning forward. "I wanna fly!"

"No! Don't!"

"I can land on my feet!" Yukio insisted. "I've done this before."

"Yukio, please get down," Jin called up to him. "Climb down the way you came."

"I'm tired."

"What?"

"I'm tired. I'm gonna just..." Yukio yawned and lost balance in his drowsy state.

Yukio fell off of the chairs and Minjun ran out and caught him while everyone else was busy gasping in horror despite the fact that he was only like 5 feet from the ground. Yukio looked up at him and giggled, putting his arms around Minjun's neck. "You're hot. I like you."

Minjun blushed. "I think he's done for tonight."

"Oh, yeah, he's going home for sure," Taehyung frowned. "If he stays he'll just drink more."

"I'm fine," Yukio protested, trying to wiggle out of Minjun's arms. "I can walk just fine."

"Let's just skip to the cake so we can get him home sooner," Minjun suggested, slowly setting down the overgrown puppy. 

"Cake!" Yukio cheered happily, stumbling over to the table, leaving everyone to follow behind him. 

"At this point, he's going to blow the candles out for me," Yoongi snickered. "And he'll think he's turning a year older while he does it."

~~~~~

"So how'd you like your birthday party?" Jungkook asked, snuggling up to Yoongi in their bed, rubbing a hand over Yoongi's belly.

"It was more fun than I thought it was going to be," Yoongi admitted. "But there's one thing I couldn't help but to notice."

"And what's that?"

"You haven't given me a present yet."

"No I have not," Jungkook agreed. "But I did get you something."

"What is it?"

"I got you my love," Jungkook smiled.

"Ew, I have enough of that already," Yoongi rolled his eyes. 

"I'm hurt," Jungkook pouted, wrapping his arms and legs around Yoongi, trapping him. "But you're lucky that's not actually all I got for you. I left a present for you in your dresser."

"I'll open it tomorrow," Yoongi shrugged lazily, yawning. "I'm too tired to open it right now."

Jungkook scooted up a little on the bed and started leaving small kisses on his cheek and jaw.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" Yoongi whined. 

"Since you aren't opening my actual gift yet, I'm giving you a different one," Jungkook murmured into Yoongi's neck as he pulled him closer.

"I'm tired."

"I'm giving you relaxing kisses to help you fall asleep."

"Of course you are," Yoongi rolled his eyes. "No evil intentions at all."

"No, baby, of course not," Jungkook's pecks started slowly becoming longer and more sensual, but not entirely sexual. No tongue. Yet.

Yoongi titled his head slightly, inviting Jungkook to his neck. "Mmh."

Jungkook continued kissing Yoongi's neck gently, and Yoongi started slowly falling asleep. Until Jungkook purposefully found his sensitive spot and licked it roughly before going back to gentle kisses.

Yoongi gasped and became more alert again as shivers ran down his spine.

"You jerk! I was just falling asleep!" Yoongi whined.

"I'll keep going until you fall asleep," Jungkook promised. 

"No," Yoongi shoved Jungkook's face away from his neck. "I don't trust you."

"Fine, but I wanna snuggle," Jungkook wrapped himself around Yoongi.

"You big baby," Yoongi snorted, scooting closer into Jungkook's arms.

~~~~~

"What the heck, Jungkook?!"

Jungkook stepped out of the closet. "Yeah?"

Yoongi turned around holding the gift box, pulling out a big pink bow covered in glitter, looking at Jungkook in confusion.

"I know this isn't something you would normally get, but just try it on. Here, let me help," Jungkook went forward and took the bow, putting it about two thirds of the way down Yoongi's tail.

Yoongi looked in the mirror.

"Oh god."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 8.2K 51
๐‘ญ๐’๐’“ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’–๐’„๐’Œ, ๐’•๐’˜๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’” ๐’Ž๐’†๐’†๐’•. โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พ He was sure of his words, as he looked once more into Jungkook's...
5.1K 334 19
Yoongi was used to being ignored. He was young when he realized the people around him didn't care for him as much as they said they did. Therefore, h...
517K 24.6K 48
"Don't get your hope high. I did this only for my family. I never cared about your family, I never cared about you!" ~~ When Jin's boyfriend left him...
84.8K 3.6K 62
๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐๐ž โ€งอ™โบหš*๏ฝฅเผ“โ˜พ "And yet you sit on it, like it is a perfect fit. And...