The boy with the mask

By Zoeyswriting

Jack Adams also known as the "mysterious boy". No one knows the real him. He wears a mask that no one can unc... More

Beginning
One- "Get it together dude!"
Two- "I-uh can we meet up at a library better?"
Three -"No. I'm her older brother."
Four- "Yeah, but you'll love me."
Five-"Please be careful,"
Six-"I don't have a phone,"
Seven-"I have to get home now. Please,"
Eight-"I just wish we were enough,"
Nine-"Baby, I'm home!"
Ten-"No, silly, it's a good thing, it's hot,"
Eleven-"Is this the part where you guys kiss?"
Twelve- "You're good with kids,"
Thirteen-"I'm going to test you on older Disney movies..."

Fourteen-"I plan on staying with you for the long haul."

13 2 0
By Zoeyswriting

Jack's P.O.V.

The doctor had returned with Riley 25 minutes later. Madison and I just stayed and chilled around patiently waiting for Riley to arrive. 

“Jacky, am I dying?” She asked me after tears spilled from her eyes. 

 “No, sweetheart, you’re okay, you’re just a bit sick. Nothing’s going to happen to you, princess,” I wiped the tears from her face and her hair that got stuck on her face from all the tears and sweat. 

“Oh. I’m sorry, Jacky,” She looked away. 

“Princess, sorry for what?” Madison came up to me and held my free hand as she looked at Riley with such love. 

“I ruined your date with Madison, I got sick leaving you to just take care of me and not do anything for yourself.” She looked at Madison and coughed, “I’m sorry,” 

Madison pulled me aside as she bent down to Riley and whispered some stuff in her ear. When she pulled away and came back up Riley smiled. 

“I love you guys,” She looked at the T.V. 

When Riley fell asleep after watching the T.V for only 10 minutes I looked over at Madison and asked her, “What did you whisper in her ear?” 

She giggled, “You’re funny if you think I’m actually going to tell you,” 

I pouted, “Rude”

She shook her head, “Not rude, just trying to gain her trust. I plan on staying with you for the long haul.” She smiled at me. 

I looked at her, shock written all over my face. 

“Yeah?”

She nodded, “Yeah,” 

I leaned forward and whispered in her ear, “I know I said I wasn’t ready, but gosh you’ve changed my mind.” 

I backed away slowly just enough to have my lips over hers, she looked at me and I looked at her for confirmation. When she shook her head, I looked down in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. 

She shook her head, “No, no don’t be sorry. I’m just thinking of when you said that you feel like you’re cheating on her when you wanted to kiss me. I just want to know who ‘her’ is.” She played with her fingers. 

“Oh. Umm, this is kind of hard. But gosh, you’re right. I truly am sorry.”

“Umm, okay. A couple of years ago I was in a relationship with a girl named Kayla. Kayla Matthews.” I looked at her and she looked shocked. 

“Kayla Matthews. Oh my gosh! Is that Mr.Matthews daughter?!” When I nodded she told me to continue. 

“We dated for around 3 years. I was in love with her. I truly was and she was in love with me. Late in our relationship on March 18th we found out she had a brain tumor. It turns out it was already at a grade 3 stage. It scared the shit out of me. The love of my life had cancer you know? I had my dad and mom and they were both so supportive of our relationship. When my mom had found out she broke down sobbing, because she had already from the start considered Kayla as family. My dad was so supportive and helpful at the time, he had helped my mom out; he offered money to help pay for the tests and everything. He was trying. A couple months later we found out that it had spread way too damn fast and now she was at a grade 4 stage, and that she didn’t have much time left. Her dad, being a single father he was struggling, and he was, is a teacher. So he accepted some money from my dad but it didn’t help because well Kayla ended up refusing the money and accepting the fact that she was dying. She didn’t want anyone to mourn over her because she feels that she did great in life and that she accomplished things at a young age and in her words “This is my fate, and I’m okay with it because it give a chance for others to succeed the stuff I was able to at a young age,” She was always like that; so humble, sweet, kind, courageous, she really was amazing.” I sighed as I rubbed my face through my mask. I was tired of the damn mask. But I was also tired of life, not much I can do about it. 

“Anyways, one day we were at her house on our monthly movie nights, where we put on a movie with some snacks and we would just cuddle. When I woke up I was happy, content, you know? My girlfriend was alive for another day. When I woke up the morning after I went to the bathroom like always and I then went and started making breakfast. I, um, I finished breakfast and I went upstairs setting it on the foot of the bed, I lightly jumped on her so that I could tickle her, that was how we woke each other up since we were both ticklish. I then realized she wasn’t breathing so I did CPR cause I didn’t know what to do. I screamed for her dad- Mr. Matthews- to come and he did. We took her to the hospital and they claimed she did pass, 12 hours before. She passed away literally an hour after we went to bed together. I just hate this so much. No one deserves this. I didn’t know what to do, I lost my girlfriend, my best friend, my Go-To person, the love of my life. I lost the greatest person in my life at a young age at that also. A couple of days later we had the funeral, it was an open casket funeral. Seeing her in her favorite white dress made me shed a couple of tears. She looked beautiful, she always did. I didn’t cry, I still hadn’t cried. At first I thought I was heartless, I mean why wasn’t I crying? I forced myself to cry but it was a failed attempt. I think it was around two weeks later when I really did feel the impact of not having her around, of the silence without her, of realizing she really wasn’t coming back. That day I just broke.” I finished off blinking back a couple of tears. I’ve never talked about this, ever. I tried to never think about it as well.

“And it's hard on Riley as well since Kayla always treated her like a sister. We tell Riley that Kayla left and isn’t coming back so it wouldn’t be as hard on her. She didn’t attend the funeral; she was just 3 at the time. But Kayla never let that come in between them, she always treated Riley like the princess she is. That’s mainly why I usually call Riley “Princess” because of Kayla.”

“Wow, well I’d say I’m sorry for your loss, but I do know that doesn’t help. So, I’ll say she sounds like an amazing person, so if you ever want to talk about her with me I don’t mind, I’d love to hear more about her honestly. Second, if you aren’t ready to kiss me, then don’t. Don’t force yourself to do something you’re totally not ready to do, especially if you feel like you’re cheating on Kayla. We can wait.” She explains as she holds my face in her hands. 

I lifted my mask up a bit then I connected our lips together. My hands in her face, hers on top of my hand, our lips mashed together as if we couldn’t get enough of each other. After all the tension and teasing it was finally happening. 

When we let go to catch our breaths she looked shocked. 

“Oh my gosh, we kissed.” She looked around as she tried to recall everything that happened. 

“Yeah. We kissed.” I looked at her slightly upset. Did I ruin the kiss? Did I do something wrong? Maybe she had kissed someone better. 

“I’m sorry, you being here and listening just made everything better, and helped me realize that I think I’m ready to move on. That’s if you’ll take me.” 

She looked at me, no words came out of her mouth, just silence. 

“Listen, Jack. I like you, I really do. But you literally just finished telling me about Kayla, take some time to reflect everything and if you’re a hundred percent sure you’re ready to commit you know where to find me. But for now, I’ll continue being here as your friend.” She ended when we saw Riley start to stir around in the bed. 

She got up and walked over to Riley and held her hands. “You okay, sweetheart?” 

Riley nodded with a tired face. “Can I get water, please?” 

“I’ll have to check with the doctors okay, Princess?” When she nodded I left in search of her doctor- or nurse- whatever worked. 

“Okay, Princess, he said you can drink water just don’t drink a lot at one time. Take little sips, please.” I said as soon as I walked back in the room she was currently staying in. 5D

“Well, Riley will be able to leave tomorrow night if all goes well. Visiting hours are over, but since she’s a minor and I know you won’t leave you can stay but please be quiet. I’m risking my job here.” He put a finger over his lips as in a shushing matter and backed away slowly leaving Riley in heaps of giggles. 

I went over to her side and tickled her legs. She squealed loudly. “Shush, Jacky,” She laughed again as her smile brightened. 

“Goodnight, Madison,” Riley sat up and kissed Madison on her cheek. 

“Goodnight, Jacky,” Riley then kissed my cheek. 

“I love you, both,” She whispered as she fell asleep. 

“Goodnight, Jack,” Madison whispered as she laid comfortably on the couch. 

“Goodnight, Mads,” I whispered back, laying my head back on the chair.  

Hi, loves!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! 2 chapters in a month! Yay! Finally! I had some extra free time and finally did it. I hope you're all safe and healthy. I love you all!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE !!!

Xoxo, Zoey❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 341 24
WARNING!!! I wrote this when I was 12, so please here that in mind as you continue😂🙏 ----- [COMPLETED] Life is unpredictable; we can all relate to...
110K 2.6K 25
Bad boy likes a good girl- He's the popular boy known for his looks. She's the quiet girl that sits in the front of the classroom and works part-tim...
14K 681 50
I trail my eyes slowly from his grey eyes to his lips, his chest rising and falling on a fast pace. "L-Lewis" i whisper, "yes sweetheart?" His hands...
4.7K 339 37
Josh looked into my eyes then dipped his head down and kissed my forehead. "You're a broken angel, and I'm going to put you back together. I promise...