๐“๐€๐‹๐‹๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐Š๐’...

By nimuekru

' darling, for you to feel this sad you must have once felt so happy and you will find that feeling again... More

๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ž๐”ฏ๐”จ๐”ฐ
graphics gallery
๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข
00. - PROLOGUE
01. - AS I LAY DYING
02. - ROAD TRIP
03. - HOTEL CALIFORNIA
04. - SUMMER NIGHTS
05. - THE BIRTHDAY
06. - THE HYBRID
07. - THE END OF THE AFFAIR
08. - DISTURBING BEHAVIOUR
09. - THE RECKONING
10. - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
11. - HOMECOMING
12. - THE NEW DEAL
13. - OUR TOWN
14. - BRINGING OUT THE DEAD
15. - DANGEROUS LIAISONS
16. - ALL MY CHILDREN
17. - THE MURDER OF ONE
18. - GIRLS NIGHT
20. - DO NOT GO GENTLE
21. - THE DEPARTED
๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ ๐”ฑ๐”ด๐”ฌ
22. - GROWING PAINS
23. - CONFESSIONS
24. - THE RAGER
25. - THE FIVE
26. - ITALY
27. - WE ALL GO A LITTLE MAD SOMETIMES
28. - MY BROTHER'S KEEPER
ANNOUNCEMENT

19. - THE HANGOVER

14.7K 699 371
By nimuekru

( outfits for
chapter above )

𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔨𝔰
dix-neuf. — date night!

"We're going to be very quiet today." Jenna whispered as herself, Rebekah and Alyssa struggled to make it to the kitchen.

Alyssa held her head in pain, "Okay. You're going to have to turn the volume down by a hundred — you're literally screaming right now."

The three girls were incredibly surprised to find Klaus in the kitchen cooking pancakes, "Ah, you're awake, fantastic!"

"Noise." Jenna groaned sitting at the table and slumping over, Rebekah falling into the seat beside her as she glared at her brother suspiciously.

"I haven't had a hangover since 1343 — god that Dumbledore is a bitch." Rebekah rubbed her head, thankful that her vamp healing would take care of it soon, "Why are you here, Nik? Don't you have some children to steal candy from?"

"Nikky!" Letha bounced out of her room, Rudy in her arms and a wide smile on her face.

Alyssa placed a hand over her mouth with a death glare, "How are you so perky?"

"She's still drunk." Letha nodded excitedly behind her hand — Alyssa rolling her eyes and pushing her into a seat, while also taking hold of Rudy.

"I'm here, little sister — because at three o'clock this morning I got a phone call saying I had one two tickets to the wanker convention."

"And you think we had something to do with it?" Rebekah placed a mock offended hand over her heart.

"You forgot to turn your caller ID off."

"Dammit."

He rolled his eyes before dishing up plates for everyone and feeding Rudy, "I figured you'd need a breakfast of champions for the day ahead," he placed a glass of water in front of Letha along with her food, "Rebekah we need to get the information about the last white oak stake from Alaric — Jenna you're going to help us persuade him — Alyssa if you could get Letha to drink several more glasses of water and put her to bed to sleep this off, I would like to see her later. Any questions?"

After several moments of silence Rebekah burst out laughing, "You sound like, Elijah."

"Poppycock — you take that back!"

Letha abruptly fell out of her chair, laughing so hard that tears were streaming down her face, "P-po-, Poppycock!"

Klaus rolled his eyes as the rest of the girls started gigging.

—————

Letha woke up feeling not as bad as she thought she would, her head was pounding slightly, resolved by the painkillers and water on her bedside table. She stumbled out of bed and into the lounge to be greeted by her best friend sat watching tv with Rudy in her lap, "Sleeping beauty awakens!"

"What time is it?" She yawned, sniffing her hair with a grimace — the stench of alcohol clinging to it.

"It's about four o'clock — you've slept all day," Alyssa grinned, her siblings were at after school clubs at the moment but she'd have to pick them up soon, she was in a good mood as she hadn't gone to school and after about five coffees her hangover was gone, "Come on, gotta get you pretty for your date."

She put her hands on Letha's shoulders and led her to the bathroom, "You don't think I look pretty?" She pouted, her gaze becoming confused, "Wait, what date?"

Alyssa smiled at her as she handed her a towel and turned the shower on, "With Klaus — apparently he wants to make it up to you for him being a dick."

"Did he say that?"

"I think I can read between the lines," she looked at the time on her watch and smiled apologetically before giving her best friend a kiss on the cheek, "I've gotta go pick the demons up, but I laid out a cute dress on your bed — trust me he won't be able to resist you."

Letha watched her friend hurriedly leave, still half asleep, "Okay?"

—————

Letha tried to keep on a neutral front and she and Klaus walked towards the falls together in silence, but the sight of the original hybrid carrying a picnic basket and blanket was truly an adorable sight to behold. She was carrying his paints and canvas, the grass tickling her feet as he finally stopped them at where he wanted to be.

"How'd you know this was my favourite spot?" It was where Letha and Alyssa would spend time together — a spot that was secluded that only a few people knew about.

"I didn't," he seemed surprised as he placed the blanket on the floor, "it was my favourite place to come when I was human — I always regretted never paining it, and I'm ashamed to say I don't think my memory would have done it justice."

She sat down beside him on the blanket, giggling when she opened the food basket, "Chips and milkshakes?"

"What can I say? You got me obsessed." He grinned slyly at her but there was still an underlying tension in the air, "I saw what you did, for Finn. It was very kind of you."

"He didn't deserved what happened to him — or to be buried in the Salvatore's garden like his life meant nothing," she placed her hand over his, "besides now there is somewhere for you and your siblings to visit — if you ever feel the need to."

They sat in silence for a few more moments as Klaus contemplated what to say, "I know I can be difficult," he squeezed her hand tightly as thought the next words were hard to say, "but I did not make myself this way. Mikael ruined me."

"I won't pretend to be some wise old goat," she smiled awkwardly, "but I do know this. Trauma has a way of overriding our personalities, fooling us into thinking and believing it's just who we've become. That's why healing is so important. Don't wear your trauma as a personality trait. That's not a trait. It's a wound, and only you can heal it."

Letha knew that she had let the trauma of what happened to her with the compulsion take over her life and it had making her into an angry person that she didn't want to be. The truth was she had forgiven Elena — she just didn't know how to express it.

"What if it's too late?"

"Nothing is ever too late — that's the beauty of eternity isn't it?" Letha took a sip from her milkshake as she rose an eyebrow at the hybrid.

He reached in and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "You're much smarter than anybody gives you credit for."

Letha's cheeks heated up, her heartbeat increasing as she tried to change the topic, "I saw on my phone that I rang you last night? Please tell me I wasn't too embarrassing."

"You don't remember?" He tried to hide the deflated tone in his voice as she gazed out into the water.

"Bits and pieces — nothing after the second Harry Potter movie." Letha turned her gaze to him, "Did I say anything weird?"

Klaus coughed, shaking his head, "No, just the ramblings of a drunk, I guess."

"That's a relief — I get so weird when I drink sometimes."

The next few hours were spent with Letha watching Klaus paint as she ate — it was exhilarating to watch him at work — the precision and passion was admirable. When he was finally done his hands were covered in blue paint and Letha laughed as she wiped the fleck of yellow paint on his cheek.

Time seemed to slow down when their skin touched, and it scared Letha how much of an effect he had on her, "Come with me," he grabbed her hand, holding it against his cheek, "please."

His lips were so close to hers they were almost touching, and she didn't mean it to be but her words were came out breathy, "You don't use that word a lot."

"Only when I'm around you," his eyes were intense — and she couldn't help but let her gaze flicker down to his pink, full lips, "let me show you the world."

"Okay."

Their lips met — desperate and wild — Letha finding herself quickly pushed onto her back on the blanket. Fisting at his blonde curls, she wrapped a leg around his waist before flipping them over. Flicking her hair over her shoulder she grinned down at his surprised face, before diving back in for another heated kiss.

And another, and another, and another...

AUTHORS NOTE!
IMPORTANT:
So guys the spinoff to this book about Alyssa and Rebekah is out on my page — it's called 'Love' so please so check it out if you haven't already!!

Honestly I didn't really like this chapter when I was writing it — mostly the first half but I did kinda like the second half I guess. I can never have Klaus and Letha fighting for too long cause they're my babies. I actually had so much I wanted them to discuss but it didn't fit so it'll have to wait.

( i saw this on tumblr and was just like... klaus )

Stay safe! Remember to vote, comment and or share please lovelies!

Unedited
-summer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 8.3K 28
The Vampire Diaries, Seasons 3&4 โ I will love you if I never see you again... โž โ ...and I will love you if I see yo...
1.4M 46.8K 43
"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget." The Vampire Diaries 2x07 - 4x23 Book 1 of the Audrey...
63.8K 1K 34
'ใ€Ž ษช สŸแดแด แด‡ สแดแดœ แด›แดษดs. ใ€' a love story that has ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ but we all know that always and forever doesn't last... even for i...
2M 58.7K 42
divine violence ๐“ขึดเป‹ the vampire diaries ๐“ขึดเป‹ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc ๐“ขึดเป‹ season two - four ๐“ขึดเป‹ april, 2021