The Chase. ( REVISING)(Urban)

By Jaee_101

Zaria is young girl with big dreams. Beginning her senior year in high school, she has to balance graduation... More

Cast Call.
My Typical Morning
The Day Goes On.
The Day Goes On Pt.2
"Relationship Status" P.1
Meet up.
Relationship Status Pt.2
Relationship Status Pt.3
FML
After The Fact .
Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)
Friends Pt. I
Friends (Part II)
New Beginning
Fired?
It's Over
It's Over (Part II)
The Name Game.
Run Away .
Run Away Pt.II
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A Small Piece Of Rebellion
Z's Rebellion
Fairy Godmother.
Suspicious Behavior
Making It Official Pt.1
Strike One
Suspicions
I Got Chu
Reunited (Making It Official Pt2)
Mall and Chill (Dewayne's Pov)
A New Outlook
Click Out
Caught
The Invite
Dinner?
Crunch Time
Busted
What Happens now?
Reconcile
The Dilemma.
First Day on the Job
Ugly Truths.
A/N (Not an Update)
Business And Such.
Date Night Pt.I
Startin Somethin' (Date Night Part II)
Before I Release This New Update..
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections
Old Ties, Chilling Reconnections (Part II)
Guess Who? (Pt I)
Guess Who (Part II)
Conclusion to the Beginning.
Conclusion to the Beginning Pt.II
A Slight Shift
Trying Again
Trying Again Pt. II
Let's Go
Old Memories Equals New Ideas
The Start of Big Things
Start of Big Things Pt.2
Catch up
Catch Up Pt.2
Game Day
I'm Glad You Came
Whoa.
Calculations
Calculations Pt.2
NEW NEW (A/N)
Out My House!
I'm Right Here
The Day Off Pt. 1
Meanwhile...
A Simple Conversation
What Goes Around...On the Other Side
Pressed
So About Tonight...
The Preparation
Something About The Night (Pt.1)
A/N & Face Reveal
Something About The Night (Pt.2)
Back to the Norm

After School Ends

62.4K 2.3K 349
By Jaee_101

(Diner on the side)

Zaria's Pov

After art class my day sped up immensely . Pretty soon I was walking out of my last class of the day and on my way to work.

I know many people advise teenagers to focus on school.  And while I believe it is necessary to do that, I had fees that were not going to taken care of if it was solely left up to my mom. I knew if I wanted to get from my mom and sister, I'd have to sacrifice. I have actually been working since I was 14 at a diner really close to my house.

The pay wasn't the best since I could only work part time. My boss is a ass but I've grown comfortable with my routine.  As I crossed the street I reminded myself I was sacrificing with this job only to get out of the toxic household I live in.  Once I graduated I was going straight off to school, so I could finally live life on my own terms...hopefully.

Eventually my mind drifted back to him. I couldn't understand why, but Dewayne has been on my mind like 3 times today. I get that it probably had to do with his proximity but I was also still stuck on his actions. How did he seem so genuine and approachable yet he was dating someone who was the polar opposite of that. It just made me question, whether or not this was all some big prank?

Continuing my course to work, I tried to clear my mind and get ready to put all the events that occurred at school behind me. Once I made it to work, I walked in and smelled the usual alluring smell of food in the kitchen. I was still hungry but I could tell by the amount of people already in line to be seated that I wasn't going to have much of a break at all. As I hurried past the dining area, I noticed the tables were starting to get kinda full. Once I made it to the back, I did my time sheet. Thankfully, I was on time.

I changed into out of my sweats and put my uniform.
This uniform consisted of a black long sleeved-shirt and black straight leg pants. I kept my hair up and changed my shoes to some simple black flats. After zipping my backpack and put in the break room and rushed back to the front.

I went straight into the kitchen to get my apron. I was greeted by my coworkers Kyle, Ms.Ellie, and Victor.

"I'm here. How's everyone doing?" I said flashing them a smile. 

Ms. Ellie walked from her area and gave a bear hug . "Hey honey, I was just talking about you! I didn't think you were going to come in today, especially since it was the first day back at school." she told me. She stood about 2 inches taller than me and had shoulder length dark brown hair. When I first started working here, she it upon her herself to protect me since I started so young. If it wasn't for her I not only wouldn't have gotten hired but I probably wouldn't have stayed this long.

I laughed and told her. "Of course I am gonna come this is my job. And I need it."

"Of course she would come Ellie she has bills to pay like the rest of us. I hope you had a good day at school it's the start of your last year! " Victor spoke while smiling before coming I ruffling up my hair.

Victor was one of the original people who had been here since Apple Jacks opened. He was really cool and supportive. We had built our own relationship, and at times he felt like a father figure. He was a single father who at times cared for me like I was one of his own.

Smiling at him, I gave him a hug. "Thanks Vic. School was okay, but I think senioritis is already kicking in." I told him, making him laugh.

Then Kyle came behind me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Zar, you're here! It feels like it's been forever!" he said hysterical!

I laughed and hugged him back. "I missed you too, but I've only been gone for a few days." I said amused.

It was true. Because the staff was so small, whenever one of us wasn't here, there was a noticeable difference. Me and Kyle were the only student waiters. And over time, he became a friend.

Once we heard the door open, we both walked towards the front.  Kyle towered high above me, practically making me invisible behind him. One thing I enjoyed about Kyle was his personality. The man was very blunt, opinionated, yet he was educated. And even though he was white, I considered him an ally.

Another difference between us was age. While I am just now entering my senior year in school, he is a full time student at University of Houston.

He was also a good looking guy. He had blue eyes and a bright smile. Whenever groups of girls would come in, they would all drool over him. Even with his little fan club, he was still single. He said once before that he was in no rush for love, and that he would just make the most out of the single life until the right woman came along.

Once we got to the bar to grab our serving trays, our coworker walked up to us. Her name was Latriesesha and she was one of the hostess's. As she sashayed her way towards Kyle I had to suppress a laugh. Out of everyone who worked here, she was the only one besides the boss that I didn't like. She was pretty but I didn't like that she wore casket-ready makeup. Not to mention, she was alway would make up excuses not to come in but refused to refused to leave. Because of her catty ways we and her didn't get along.

"I know y'all see those customers waiting to be served," she said glaring at me whilst popping her gum, "better go do your job before you lose it lil girl."

Kyle spoke up first. "Actually, we was waiting on you  to stop flirting with the customers. That way we could know what tables you assigned. " he said smartly.

I coughed awkwardly to hide to smirk that was fighting to form on my face.

She looked at him a batted her eyelashes completely ignoring his alarmed expression.  "Oh my bad love" she said seductively. "You can gonna have table 2, 4, and 6." she said getting all in his personal space.

He backed up slowly. "Say less." And with that he dashed towards his tables.

I caught her staring him down and mumble something under her breath. 

Shouldn't she be doing her job too?

She turned to me and her expression went rigid.  "Oh Yea. You got tables 1, 3 and 5 . Chop chop. " she said snapping her fingers at me before walked away.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. See if I was to put some ice on floor so you could trip, I'd be wrong. But it's fine, I'm just going to continue to rise above and ignore her.

I went to my first table. Seated there was an elderly couples order and their grandson.

"Welcome to AppleJacks! My name is Zaria and I'll be your server today! Can I start you guys off with anything to drink?" I said politely.

They flipped through their menus. "Ah yes, let me get a Mint Lemonade, a beer for my husband and strawberry lemonade for my grandson." The older women said with a warm smile.

I repeated the order in my mind and nodded. "Yes ma'am, coming right up."

I went to the bar and saw that there still was no bartender there.

"Anyone seen Jerome today?" I asked Vic.

"He will be in later tonight, he's at the shop getting his car fixed." He called out from the kitchen.

"That's cool." Looks like I'll be mixing drinks too.

I quickly mix the ingredients for the lemonades and pour a mug of beer before swiftly returning to the table. "Okay guys here are those drinks! Would you like more time to look at the menu or are you ready to place orders?"

The grandson looked up and spoke out first. "Friesss! I want fries pawpaw." He said full of excitement. I couldn't help but smile at his cuteness.

"Well baby you can't only have fries, how about adding something else, so you can have a full meal? Look on the kids menu."I told Ms. Ellie and them there orders . Then I went back behind the bar. I made their teas and walked back to their table while reminding them there food will be out shortly.

I helped make the other drinks for Kyle's orders.  He took them back to his tables. Latrieshea had been eying him the whole time . He looked like he was gonna throw up . He basically speed walked to the bar and sat down on a stool. Latriesesha licked her lips at him and he groaned loudly.

I chuckled quietly and handed him a drink.  "Here I think you need this." I said while snickering.

He lifted his head up and glared at me. I only laughed more. He took a long swig out the drink and sat it down. 

"I need something stronger than that if I'm dealing with her today. Matter of fact, I think she need this to quench her thirst. And if thinks I'm magically going to be attracted to her, she's wrong. No disrespect, but her weave looks like it is in desperate need of hydration."

I covered my mouth to suppress my loud laugh. "How you know it's weave Kyle?" I managed to get out between fits of laughter.

He gave me a look. "You know damn well.."

I broke out into fits of laugher before leaving to go get the orders. He laughed and said "What? It's my job be honest. She should know that her tracks look like crumpled up VCR tapes."

I was dead. I literally had to sit everything down on the bar and get myself together before I dropped my customers orders.

  I served them their food and politely walked away so they could eat in peace. Heading back to the bar and continued to make drinks for Kyle's other 2 tables.  He came to get the drinks so I decided to ask him where bossman was.

"Kyle where is bossman?" I asked curiously.  He rolled his eyes a when I mentioned boss but responded.

"I dunno. Probably at strip club somewhere you know that's how he spends his lunch. He said he will would come back when he feels like it. But we get paid today so I hope he doesn't try to make us wait forever." he said irritated. 

Well then..

I hope he's on time and gives us our money because I need that expeditiously.

"Oh okay" I said ending that conversation.  He walked back to his tables. I cleaned up a little to pass time until my customers were finished eating. I moved to wipe the counter in the bar I heard the door open.  I wondered for a moment if it actually was the boss, but when I didn't hear him make a dramatic entrance I knew it was probably just a customers.

"Good Afternoon! Welcome to Apple Jack Diner! " I said politely. 

"Nice to see you again Z." I heard a deep voice say. A very familiar sexy deep voice.

My head snapped up quickly I saw no there than Dewayne smirking at me.

How in the hell?

He smirked and sat down at table 3 with the dudes from earlier . The table I gotta do.
damn.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Tbc.

---

Hey guys this is the update. Sorry it has been I minute but I promise y'all well get more updates.  Luv y'all be sure to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...
13K 531 19
(𝘯.) 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘀𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘢; 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
341K 11.6K 26
Zahra Jones only intention was to graduate, discover true happiness and avoid Levi Karldon by all means possible, but that becomes impossible when sh...
49.1K 1.2K 42
𝒲𝑒'𝓋𝑒 π’Άπ“π“Œπ’Άπ“Žπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 π“ˆπ‘œ π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ’Ή 𝒢𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔. β™‘β™‘ 𝐍𝐒𝐜𝐑𝐨π₯𝐚𝐬 π†π«πšπ²π¬π¨π§ grew up with the finest things money coul...