Planet 187 (Woosan, Yungi, Se...

Autorstwa CelestialAvocado

Humans, after messing up Earth so much most of it had become a scrap heap that bordered on Wall-E level filth... Więcej

TEASER
Basic outfit plans (humans)
Basic outfut plans (Atinyan)
Landing
Curious
Team Building
Friendships
Surprises
Help
Worry
Understandings
Discoveries
Messing Up
Moving
"Fake Love"
Learning
Past [TW]
Crashing
Celebrations
Unwanted Reunions
Moving Forward
Loss
Plans
Grief
Goodbyes
Epilogue

"Valentines" day

782 32 22
Autorstwa CelestialAvocado

Imma change it up a little this chapter, so please play the song when I say?

Mingi sat beside Yunho in the glade, the one where Yunho kept all the injured animals. Quinyun once again was nuzzled into Yunho's side, still looking up at Mingi in a slightly wary manner. Mingi hadn't been back here for quite some time, whereas he knew Yunho would return almost every day. Thankfully, Yunho's eyes had regained their shine since the catastrophe with that woman, and his eye bags had vanished almost fully now. The life returned to his demeanour. He fed the animals, healing the ones he needed to, and was now just relaxing in the sun. A little bunny creature, with panda like colouring and ears but was apparently carnivorous, had hopped over to Mingi and was nudging his hand. Out of both fear and awe at it's adorableness, Mingi gently pet it's little head. Yunho giggled as Quinyun's tail brushed against his cheek.

And Mingi finally realised.

Something had shifted.

That warmth Yunho gave him with each smile had changed from when they'd first met. It didn't just bring him joy, it had begun to singe his heart. That warmth had grown to consume Mingi's heart. This slight change had gone unnoticed by Mingi before this point, yet now it was clearer than ever thought possible. The way he saw Yunho had changed, and he didn't quite know how to feel. It was exciting and new, yet also rather frightening. He almost recognised this feeling, yet with Yunho it was strongest.

He had a crush.

"Uhm... Mingi..?" Yunho sounded nervous, his brow slightly furrowed and eyes cast away from Mingi. Worry flooded Mingi's system, and he gently reached for Yunho's hand. "So... Atiny have holiday today... love day. Would you like spend with me?" Yunho was terrified, that was clear to see. But Mingi didn't know why.

"Of course, I wouldn't be able to say no." Mingi was excited.

"Yeah... as friends." Yunho seemed to try and reassure Mingi, yet he wasn't really assured. He was almost more saddened that it wasn't a 'date'... shit... repress... repress it all...

"Yeah, definitely! Are you ready to go back now?" Mingi wanted to get home to get changed, for he didn't want to look plain while Yunho looked fabulous as he did. For Yunho was wearing starlight coloured silk, draped over his arms and legs in a way Mingi almost associated with Esmerelda from The Hunchback Of Notre Dame. The silk billowed around his legs, clasped to his ankles with chains of silver. He wore a white shirt to match, with a thick bind of pale silk securing his waist. His feet were mostly bare, with more silver chains spanning over his feet. His ears held feathered earrings, dusting his shoulders. A pale silver silk choker was lightly clinging to his neck.

Mingi wanted to look nice too.

"Sure, I'll take you. Then pick up at dusk?" Yunho's Earthen was again degrading, most likely from fears. Mingi hated when Yunho got nervous like that. So Mingi slung an arm around Yunho's waist, pulling him closer as they walked. Yunho tried to talk normally, yet his ears were deep blue.

"Do you want to come in, or..?" Mingi indicated to the front door, but Yunho shook his head, jewellery jingling. "Ok then, I'll see you." The door swung shut, and Mingi immediately panicked. Blindly.

"Mingi what are you-" "HELP!" Mingi grabbed Wooyoung's shoulders, eyes clearly panicked.

"Ok... with what?" Wooyoung removed Mingi's hands from his shoulders. Mingi hastily explained everything, Wooyoung staying silent. "Well, you need clothes. Cuz you don't have anything 'nice'. Well not by their standards. So I'll just take you to the one San goes to, and I may as well get one too. Actually, let's just bring everyone. " Wooyoung decided finally, getting ready for the day and changing out of his sleepwear, consisting of too-small cloth shorts and an oversized shirt. Meanwhile Mingi went to tell everyone else the plan for the day, Hongjoong saying he and Shownu had to be back at the base for a meeting in about an hour and a half but agreeing regardless. Whereas Yeosang was already awake and had made breakfast.

It took only 20 minutes for them to have left the house, Jongho being left with with Jooheon for the time being, much to the boy's joy. Jooheon thought Jongho was completely adorable, and always asked to hold him when he could. So they knew their baby was in good hands. As they walked, Mingi and Wooyoung held a continuous banter, as per usual. While Yeosang stayed on alert.

But that didn't stop him from bumping into someone, landing hard on his ass.

"Watch it." He grumbled, looking shocked when his eyes met Seonghwa's. "Of course it's you. Have you just made it you mission to annoy the hell out of me?"

"You know, not everything is about you Yeosang. In fact, I would have given more of a fuck if I walked into a Karmarin." Seonghwa surprised Mingi, clearly having a bad day or something. "Let me share a secret with you Yeosang. The world doesn't revolve around you."

Then he just stood up, sending Mingi a look, then walked away.

"What the fuck is his problem?" Yeosang spat, getting up and dusting his clothes. He almost looked hurt, but quickly masked it and continued walking.

"I thought you said Seonghwa wanted to fix the problem?" Wooyoung asked in a hushed voice. Mingi was also confused, seeing as Seonghwa sounded incredibly dedicated to becoming Yeosang's friend just a few days ago. Did something happen?

As they reached the seamstress, they realised that almost no one was there.

"Hello?" Wooyoung called out when he reached the doorway, a flustered looking Atiny woman rushing to the door. Her short hair stuck up at all kinds of angles, and her clothes were rumpled. "Do you need any help?"

"No, I'm fine. I just knocked my silks over." She tried to pick up one of the rolls, but ended up dropping everything. Yeosang rolled his eyes and lifted as many as he could fit into his arms, asking where they went.

"We were just wondering if you were open today?" Wooyoung asked, also helping clean up. All of them did.

"Well no... but I'll make an exception for you boys for helping me." She smiled brightly once she'd closed the silk cupboard, everything neat and in it's correct place. After asking what'd sort of clothing they'd want, she set to work on Hongjoong's outfit, seeing as he needed to go soon. "So I'm guessing you got dates for today?"

"Well Mingi here is going with a friend, and I'll hopefully ask Sannie later. But I just thought we should all go and be presentable, because you never know what'll happen." Wooyoung explained, a little laugh leaving the seamstress' lips.

"That is true. And I wish you luck with young San. He's been acting strangely flirtatious lately, and may already have a date from what I've heard." Wooyoung looked stunned, eyes flitting through various emotions. Mingi was also stunned, having spoken to San a few times and easily being able to tell his feelings simply from the way he spoke of Wooyoung. So what happened?

"I'll ask anyway..." Wooyoung looked slightly dejected, and didn't say another word as Hongjoong's clothes were finished. Bright shades of red, orange and yellow shrouded his body, outfit similar to a belly dancer's. Next was Yeosang, who was infinitely more difficult due to his tendency to jump and flinch whenever the poor woman came too close.

"I gotta go now. Stay safe and I'll see you at night." Hongjoong waved, rushing out of the store.

"Where did you get that necklace?" The seamstress asked Wooyoung, who snapped out of a daze and gently cupped the pendant in his palm.

"San gave it to me. He said it meant something, but never what. Taeyong said he'd tell me later today though." Wooyoung let the diamond rest in it's normal place, and the seamstress looked stunned.

"I wouldn't be too worried about him then. Also it's your turn now." She moved away from Yeosang, who looked as badass as usual in all black silks in a style similar to Hongjoong's and even dark eye makeup that gave the impression of smudged eyeliner, the woman apparently also doing makeup. She'd also lined Hongjoong's eyes in red, making him look rather pretty. "Also weren't you going with Yunho?"

"Uh, yeah. But only as friends..." Mingi fiddled with his fingers, and the lady laughed.

"You want it to be more?" Mingi's eyes widened comically, shaking his head.

"N-no. He'd probably be uncomfortable if I asked anyway..." Mingi sighed, letting the conversation drop.

By the time they left the store, Wooyoung had been given an outfit of light purple, more scarce in fabric than the others, and winged eye makeup. Mingi also got his new outfit, all in shades of dark blue to match his hair and compliment his appearance and gradient eye shadow. Then they went home, still looking fabulous but wanting to wait for Hongjoong to come back from the meeting. And Mingi had to be there at dusk for Yunho.

~~~

Hongjoong felt his sanity slowly slipping. These 'leader meetings' were getting more and more boring every time they were held. And, even worse, the captain was sitting in on them recently. Every time Hongjoong looked at Wooyoung's father he got reminded of what he'd done to his son, and his blood began to boil. On top of that, they couldn't openly discuss what they each knew. Shownu, Jaebum and Taeyong had all been warned about what they could and could not talk about in front of the captain.

"How has convincing the locals to trust us been going?" Captain Jung asked, his cold eyes staring down each leader. He and Wooyoung had no visible similarities, and their personalities also were drastically different. And Hongjoong realised Wooyoung must be very thankful for that. Before the meeting started, Hongjoong had gone to talk to each leader, making sure they understood how careful they had to be about what they said. No one was to mention Chittaphon's, or San's, or Yunho's budding relationships with their respective partners. And Wonho wasn't to be mentioned full stop, nor was Hyungwon. Even though Hyungwon was a member of team Monsta X, he was to remain unvoiced during this meeting.

"We have been working hard to gain their trust, and that's proving to be easy enough. Though there are some tensions, specifically surrounding the issues of land. The Atiny want us to stop taking so much land, and I suggest we don't cut down any trees. If we anger them, even slightly, everything could crumble." Taeyong said, Shownu nodding in agreement. Due to their jobs they often have to work together, and Taeyong always speaks for the both of them, for Shownu hates talking to more than two people at a time when he's giving a report, and especially hates talking to the captain.

"Good, and how about our crops?" Asked Captain Jung, eyes zonging in on Jaebum, who didn't cower under his gaze. Hongjoong knew he wasn't going to be that strong when it came his turn to talk.

"Earthen plants grow well on this planet, and the Atiny have been helping us when they can. With their help we have been able to speed up the growth rate of our crop, and the first harvest is expected to be by the end of this week." Jaebum read off of a data pad, Hongjoong's own pad getting a message at that moment.

From: Taeyong
Don't even vaguely mention where the Atiny home is. Captain Jung isn't to be trusted.

"And how about exploration? Have you discovered anything of vital importance?" It was now Hongjoong's turn to talk. And his brain froze up. He didn't remember what to and what not to say, and everyone looked at him expectantly. He felt like a caged animal, and his eyes darted around everywhere but the captain. But then he remembered what was at stake, and took a deep breath.

"Nothing of importance. The most we uncovered is that the water is safe to drink. Other than that, nothing." Hongjoong said, keeping his voice even. He was scared, yes, but he had to keep others safe. And they all knew the kind of person Captain Jung was. Even if Hongjoong did know more about his cruelty than the other leaders. But obviously Wooyoung knew most.

"And any knowledge on where the Atiny are hiding?"

"No, none sir." Hongjoong lied, a fact that went unnoticed by Captain Jung.

"Alright then, meeting dismissed." Captain Jung said as he got up and left, each leader letting out a collective sigh of relief. Once they were sure he was gone, the real meeting commenced.

"So, what did you learn about the Atiny magic?" Taeyong asked Hongjoong, who let out a whistle.

"So much. Their magic exists within everything, but only certain Atiny can access certain kinds. Apparently there is one kind even Atiny have never been able to access, and I want to learn more about it." Hongjoong said. He was so happy to be able to talk to the Atiny almost every day.

"And how about your team? Working any better?" Jaebum asked with a mischievous grin. They all knew how infamously bad Ateez were at teamwork, and had heard how they messed up so horribly their first time on the planet.

"Actually, yeah. We've been working on teamwork and now we know who we're teamed up with. And Yeosang also hasn't stabbed or wounded anyone recently either, so that's a bonus. And Wooyoung comes to the teamwork stuff now, rather than skipping to sleep around. Then Mingi finally told us why he wouldn't let us get to know him too. Everything is working out. And what about you Shownu, figured out how to keep Wonho out of the compound yet?" Hongjoong teased, making Shownu chuckle and roll his eyes with fake annoyance. Another reason Team Ateez might have been working together better was Jongho, but Hongjoong didn't mention that just yet.

"Put Hyungwon outside." He said, making everyone laugh. Ever since that day, where Wonho met Monsta X, he's stayed by Hyungwon's side, never letting him out of his sight unless he had absolutely no choice.

"And Taeyong, made any progress with Chittaphon?" Jaebum wiggled his eyebrows as Taeyong tried to hide the blush rising in his cheeks.

"I-uh... none of your business! And what about you Jaebutt, how's hiding your relationship with Jinyoung going?" This kind of banter was often thrown between them. This was the kind of leader meeting Hongjoong missed when the Captain came to ruin their usual ones.

"Hard as hell. And not to mention I have to hide Mark and Jackson's too. Do you even know how hard it is to hide that shit? I catch them holding hands or kissing every five damn minutes! It sucks how homophobic the captain is." Jaebum said, sighing and frowning at the end. And everyone agreed with him. "And how are things between Yeosang and Seonghwa?"

"I don't even know. Yeosang has this habit of constantly frowning, so it's hard to tell when he's angry or just himself. And Seonghwa avoids Yeo like the plague, but that isn't new. I think something happened, but I don't know what..." Hongjoong said. The others just nodded, knowing Yeosang was probably the hardest person to work with. And Seonghwa isn't making things easy to fix, but maybe they'll both calm down and fix things on their own?

"And Mingi, what's going on with him?" Shownu asked quietly. Out of all the teams, Ateez was probably the most interesting. No one knew where Yeosang came from, he just appeared one day and fought his way into the company. Mingi's father was one of the leaders of the company they came from, but had barely even mentioned his only son, nor who his child's mother was. And Wooyoung, with his... horny-ness. But Wooyoung was being better, since he really became friends with San.

"He's learning how to sing, I think. He and Yunho have become quite good friends, and Yunho likes music, so they've been teaching each other songs in their languages." Hongjoong explained, not quite knowing everything himself.

"Ok... I think that concludes this meeting. Dismissed." Taeyong said, everyone getting up and walking away. A small smile tugged at Hongjoong's lips at the thought of seeing his team again. He also had more questions to ask Yuii, though he didn't know if today was an appropriate time. She'd been giving him basic knowledge about magic, and he'd become more and more interested.

"Taeyong!" Hongjoong ran to catch up with him. "Are you all going to the 'love day' thing? It's apparently being held at the Ahn village."

"Uh, well..." Taeyong's cheeks flared red. "I, um, was asked to go by Ten anyway..."

"So I take it everyone will go?" Taeyong nodded. "Can you tell Wooyoung about the necklaces then? He really wants to know and I'm sick of his ignorance."

"Of course, I'll get everyone ready and we can go." Taeyong quickly told the other leaders to get their teammates, and tell Twice and Red Velvet. By late afternoon, everyone (excluding the Captain) was ready to go. "We'll take one of the big transport vehicles."

"Do you have a date?" Winwin asked Hongjoong, who shook his head. Obviously Yuta and Winwin would be spending their time together, and honestly Hongjoong was interested by their relationship.

"How long have you two been dating?"

"5 years, more or less. We met in school, fell in love, realised we both had the skills to come to space, went together." Yuta made their relationship sound so simple, and it really did seem that way. Hongjoong liked that, that their love wasn't at all complicated. Because he didn't think love was supposed to be.

"Congratulations."

"Thanks. How long have Wooyoung and San been together?" Winwin asked, evoking a deep sigh from Hongjoong's lips. "They aren't?"

"No... I don't think so. Wooyoung's got some issues. San clearly likes him. It's a really boring, slow game of chicken." Hongjoong explained, chatting with the couple til they reached the village. The sun was close to setting, maybe an hour left before it disappeared. Hongjoong rushed home, picking Jongho up along the way, and made sure everyone was ready.

"I'll wait here til Yunho arrives. You guys go ahead." Mingi waved goodbye and shut the door. Everyone else began to make their way down the streets, Hongjoong offering to take care of Jongho for the night.

"Now, stay safe. Don't start fights. Have fun." The boys agreed, leaving Hongjoong at the entrance of the hall, where Ateez had been kept that first day. The area looked much larger, now maybe the size of a football field. He guessed they'd used their magic to expand it.

"Hongjoong!" Yuii yelled from behind him. "Do you have a date for tonight?"

"No... it's just me and Jongho..."

"Well, can I spend this time with you?" She asked, Hongjoong immediately agreeing. They each got drinks, sitting down amongst a small cluttering of chairs. Silence filled their little space for a moment, before Hongjoong finally spoke up.

"Could you tell me a little more about magic?" Yuii chuckled, nodding and taking another sip of her drink. Jongho was cradled within one of her arms, garbling softly in random baby talk.

"Well, as you know we have four kinds we can all access. Elemental, healing, manipulation and destructive. Most will focus on one of these above the others. For example, Yunho spends his time learning elemental magic, but also knows minor healing abilities. Whereas San is the opposite. Most who use manipulation make the fabrics for our clothes and such, some even become jewellers. And those with destructive magic will only have that, and are rare. A little known fact, but Chittaphon is actually one who has destructive magic. Then there are some without any magic at all. Seonghwa was almost one of those people, but he ended up with a small magical capacity. Yet what's interesting is that, due to that small level of magic, it doesn't actually fit into any category." Yuii took another sip of her drink, allowing Hongjoong to process new information.

"Are there any other kinds of magic? What about the one no one is known to have?" Hongjoong asked again. She'd never actually responded to him when he asked this. Yet this time she simply sighed.

"Forbidden magic," she began "is the most rare but most broad category. There are few kinds within this, and we now have one known person with this kind of magic. Yet with most under this umbrella it isn't naturally there, it's unlocked. Through instances like trauma or near death experience. From what we know, it's also often supposed to be a gift from our planet. That's all you get to know for today." She sighed. Those kind eyes of her focussed on Jongho, bouncing him slightly in her grip and making him giggle.

"You've never actually told me what sort of magic you have." Hongjoong realised, staring into her eyes. Yuii just stared back for a moment, stunned, before she glanced down at her glass.

"Manipulation, but I also spend time practicing elemental. But my magic is unpredictable, so Mum said I have to be careful when I use it." Yuii seemed almost ashamed. So Hongjoong reached out and grasped her hand firmly.

"You're great just the way you are. Now let's talk about something more fun, hey?" Hongjoong waited for her to nod before he rambled about whatever came to mind. From his team to his hopes for peace between their people. And she spoke of her family and her love of flowers. Hongjoong was finally relaxed, his mind drifting from the near catastrophe with the Captain and on to a night of fun and laughs.

~~~

"What's he doing?" Wooyoung asked, voice thick with jealousy, as he watched the Atiny man whisper into San's ear, making Sannie giggle and smile with embarrassment. Wooyoung felt his emotions boiling over when San kissed the other Atiny on the cheek, quickly hiding his face in his hands. Why couldn't it be him?

"Oh what, so you can do this to him but he can't to it to you?" Yeosang scoffed, taking another sip of his drink while he rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" Wooyoung was desperately trying to stop himself from storming over to San and telling him how he felt. Yeosang let out a laugh, one that held no emotion whatsoever, and gave Wooyoung a rather 'done' look.

"Every single time you get all horny and make out with an Atiny woman, how do you think San feels? Every time you flirt with him and then move on to some woman, how do you think he feels? Every time he thinks he may have a chance and you crush his heart, how do you think San feels? Let him move on Wooyoung, or figure out your fucking feelings. Stop taunting him like this." Yeosang turned on his heel and walked away, leaving Wooyoung alone with his thoughts.

"Wooyoung?" It was Taeyong, the person Wooyoung had wanted to see that day. "You wanted to know what the exchange of necklaces means?"

Wooyoung prepared himself, yet he would never have guessed the reason.

"It's a sign they are romantically interested in you. You give them one back if you return those feelings. Think about that. I gotta go find Chittaphon." And then Taeyong just walked off. While Wooyoung stood there.

Holy shit!

He was an idiot!

Wooyoung, for reasons that escaped him, kept the necklace he wanted to give to San within his pocket this whole time. He was frightened, beyond anything he'd ever known. But looked over at San, he knew he might lose him if he doesn't act fast.

And he couldn't live with himself if he lost San.

With a deep breath, Wooyoung began to walk. Over to San. On his own. Feeling like he might die of a heart attack before he even reached San.

"S-San?" Wooyoung sounded so far from its usual confident tone, hands shaky. "I'm sorry... can I talk to you?" He didn't expect anything but a rejection at this point, finally realising what he'd put San through all these weeks. But San didn't even hesitate to slip his hand into Wooyoung's, saying goodbye to the other Atiny man and looking at Wooyoung expectantly. Not knowing yet how to use his words, he led San through the crowd, all the way outside the building and to a small pond he'd never seen before. They sat upon the bank, bare feet dipped below the crystalline surface.

"Youngie, you ok?" San was worried, cupping his cheek and searching Wooyoung's gaze with his own. "Please tell?"

His emotions were running rampant, more nerves coursing through his body. San's purple eyes, shifting in their glow, were fixed to his. Those little freckles on his neck, the ones you could only really see with the help of bioluminescence, dusted his skin and created this look of fairness to San's whole appearance. He looked delicate, and beautiful. While it was still true that Wooyoung didn't believe he deserved someone like San, he decided just this once to be selfish.

"I'm an idiot San." Wooyoung knew San would try to object, so he kept talking. "I put you through so much because I didn't know how to come to terms with myself. San I hurt you, when I promised I wouldn't. I made you cry, and then I just made it better before doing it all again. I was dumb, and scared, but in truth it excuses nothing. I care about you San, and I am so sorry." Wooyoung covered San's hand with his own. Meanwhile San's free hand, the one that was traced with their promise, lifted to cover Wooyoung's matching mark.

"Wooyoung I don't... understand... what you mean..?" San looked hopeful, yet nervous. So Wooyoung took the necklace from his pocket, tying it carefully around San's neck and adjusting it so it rested perfectly against San's sternum.

"I know what this means now, and I really do want to give it to you." Wooyoung smiled warmly at San, who couldn't seem to form words. He then started crying. Wooyoung chuckled lovingly, grasping San's hands comfortingly.

"D-do you wanna go get a drink?" San asked, clearly trying to pull himself together. Wooyoung agreed, still endlessly shocked he hadn't been rejected and proud of himself for confessing in the first place.

The drink San gave him tasted like honey, warm and sweet. Yet held a light burn. Wooyoung found that San seemed unsure, glancing at Wooyoung's free hand for a while before getting embarrassed and looking away. So Wooyoung made his move, gently taking San's hand and threading their fingers together. There was a sea of awkward gestures, with carefully timed side glances and sips of drinks to hide the blush. It was funny, considering how they'd acted beforehand, but to be fair this was new for both of them.

San had turned Wooyoung's world upside down.

And he loved it.

Because San made everything feel better, and right now Wooyoung needed it. They danced, sang and chatted through the night, the atmosphere the same as usual excluding the openness of their feelings.

~~~

Yeosang felt nervous. Not to the point where he had to get out of there, but enough that he chose a secluded corner to hide away within after leaving Wooyoung. His fingertips once again tapped against his thigh, to a tune even he didn't know. He had finished his drink a while ago, content with observing what was around him. The ceiling was high, flowered vines twirling around the branches. People had formed a circle in the centre, clearly indicating the location of the dance floor. Around him, people spoke and laughed and acted in love.

Yeosang wondered what love felt like.

Just in general.

He supposed he loved his friends, in some way.

For some reason, his mind drifted back to Seonghwa. Was this all Yeosang's fault? Should he have been kinder to the other? Should he have tried harder to let Seonghwa in? He finally, after a week and a half, realised what that emotion was. The emotion that almost constantly gnawed at his stomach and made him feel horrible.

Guilt.

Yeosang felt guilty...

For how he treated Seonghwa.

The feeling resurfaced, churning within his chest and stomach. He didn't know how to react to this revelation. He hated this feeling, but didn't know how to make it go away.

"You know, not everything is about you Yeosang. In fact, I would have given more of a fuck if I walked into a Karmarin."

"Let me share a secret with you Yeosang. The world doesn't revolve around you."

Why did those words hurt so much?

He'd heard stuff like that time and time again throughout his life. In fact he'd been told so much worse than that, but he'd never been this... upset. He knew it now, this genuinely upset him. He'd never actually felt hurt before, by anything. But now he couldn't escape the way his heart ached.

Someone walked over to him.

Blonde hair, aqua eyes, confident demeanour. Left side exposed and unprotected, easy to take down.

"Just wondering if you wanted another drink?" The Atiny surprisingly spoke Earthen, and he handed a new drink to Yeosang. Seeing no obvious risk, Yeosang accepted the drink. "You know... you're quite handsome."

Yeosang was taken off guard again.

The man smiled at Yeosang. Yet there was something hidden within the look that made him nervous. Then the man ran a hand down Yeosang's arm, placing a flower into his palm. It was made solely from crystals, though they were smooth against his rough hands. Yeosang was frozen. He didn't know what to do in this situation. Wooyoung had only gotten to teaching him how to barely hold a basic conversation. Flirting, which he believed this was, is a whole new ball game. He couldn't think of what to do, so he just nodded slightly. He must have appeared an idiot.

A hand moved to cup his cheek.

He didn't know what to do.

He didn't want this.

But he couldn't move.

"Yeosang, love, come here." A strong arm wrapped around his waist, protective to the point Yeosang didn't even think to flinch away. "Oh, I'm sorry. He's taken." The man huffed and walked away. Only then did Yeosang realise that his hands were shaking violently, the liquid in his cup spilling over the edges.

"Thank-" Yeosang cut himself off. "Seonghwa?"

"You're an idiot, you know that? He's a creep, so why didn't you do something?" Seonghwa let Yeosang go, fixing him with an expectant glare. But Yeosang hadn't calmed down enough to talk yet, mind flashing with memories he couldn't work to force away.

"Get me out of here."

And Seonghwa did.

He gripped the material of Yeosang's sleeve and led him out of the building. People parted for them, Seonghwa clearly trying to look as threatening as possible.

Yeosang basically collapsed to the grass when they'd gotten far enough not to be seen.

"I didn't know what to do. I should have punched him. Shit, why did I think it was safe..." Yeosang sighed, hands forming into fists within his hair. He was finally able to breathe, the night air soothing his throat.

"Hey, it's ok. I was there to help." Seonghwa, after hesitating for a moment, sat beside Yeosang on the ground.

"Why? Why did you help?"

"Well I couldn't just... not. You needed help."

"But you hate me. "You're and idiot". And calling me Frentila all the time. It would be more believable that you just left me." Yeosang tried not to reveal how much Seonghwa had gotten to him. But he clearly slipped up, because Seonghwa's eyes softened.

"I don't hate you Yeosang. I never have." Seonghwa spoke softly, Yeosang looking at him in shock. He couldn't think of a response. So he didn't even try. All the words became hastily trapped within his throat and he didn't see this feeling lessening any time soon. He just looked at the sky and thought over his life and choices. His back hit the grass, and he didn't move.

The grass rustled as Seonghwa did the same.

The wind threaded through the grass, tousling Yeosang's hair slightly and leaving it splayed over his face. Strands tickled his nose, yet he made no move to fix it. He felt rather... at peace. This hadn't happened often, but he just disconnected from who he was for a while. All he could do was try to feel the blades of grass tickling his back, hear the animals around them and the commotion within the building. He was simply there, he didn't have to be a specific kind of person to do that.

He could finally relax.

"What's Earth like?" Seonghwa asked, though he kept his voice small and quiet.

"I couldn't really tell you." Yeosang said slowly, thinking. "Or, well, I'm not the person you should ask."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't really... live... and I didn't see all that much."

"I get it..." Seonghwa sighed, drawing Yeosang's attention. "Did you want to be left alone?"

Yeosang thought for a moment...

"No... I don't think I do..."

"Then I'll stay."

And he did.

Seonghwa stayed by his side, even though conversation had died.

A voice filled the air, for a moment foreign before it clicked that Yeosang owned the sound.

Play the song now please.

"When will I feel this as, vivid as it truly is, fall in love in a single touch and fall apart when it hurts too much? Can we skip past near-death clichés, where my heart restarts as my life replays? All I want is to flip a switch, before something breaks that cannot be fixed. I know, I know the sirens sound just before the walls come down. Pain is a well-intentioned weatherman, predicting God as best he can...
But God I want to feel again. Rain or shine, I don't feel a thing, just some information upon my skin. I miss the subtle aches when the weather changed. The barometric pressure we always blamed. All I want is to flip a switch, before something breaks that cannot be fixed. Invisible machinery, these moving parts inside of me. Well, they've been shutting down for quite some time. Leaving only rust behind. Well, I know, I know the sirens sound just before the walls come down. Pain is a well-intentioned weatherman, predicting God as best he can... But God I want to feel again... Oh, God I want to feel again. Down my arms, a thousand satellites, suddenly discover signs of life." By the end, Yeosang's voice was shaky and his eyes itched with tears he hadn't shed in years.

Though he didn't cry.

Almost as though he'd forgotten how to.

He didn't know why it was so much easier for him to sing than it was for him to simply talk, not that either came very naturally. He'd also only really sang to himself and to Jongho. But here he was, lying beside Seonghwa and looking up at the skies singing words Seonghwa wouldn't understand. And his voice had regained volume, gently drifting throughout the whole glade rather than resting just above a whisper as it usually would.

And then a new voice filled the air.

It was Seonghwa.

Yeosang didn't understand what Seonghwa was singing, his translator unable to pick up on the words. But from the tone alone Yeosang could tell it was a sad song. The lyrics had many rises and falls, flowing like the waves of the ocean. Seonghwa had a raw, broken tone to his voice that resonated with Yeosang even though he didn't know what was sung. As the words died out and again the wildlife was heard, Yeosang finally turned to Seonghwa.

"I don't hate you either. I just don't know what to do with you. In general I'm confused about people, but with you it's worse. So can we just... be ourselves and let things work out on their own?" Yeosang could barely hear his own voice, so he was baffled when Seonghwa turned to meet his eyes, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Of course. I'll wait." Seonghwa assured, staring for a moment longer before again fixing his gaze to the sky.

He'll wait...

So Yeosang would make sure it wasn't for nothing.

~~~

Yunho took a deep breath as he knocked on Ateez's front door. The whole day since he'd dropped off Mingi, worry had gnawed at his stomach. He'd redone his makeup five times, and swapped his jewellery more than he could count. He held within his hand a bracelet, too worried to give a necklace at this time and unsure if Mingi knew that custom anyway. The material was wound leather in various shades of blue to match Mingi's hair. Their was a sapphire hanging from the centre, the size of Yunho's pinky nail.

The bracelet was simply to be given as a token of friendship... definitely...

Mingi's appearance knocked the air from Yunho's lungs. The blue silks hugged his body where they reached, some sections exposed such as the stomach and most of the back. His makeup sharpened his eyes, giving them an almost feminine quality.

Yunho didn't say anything as he handed over the bracelet.

"Crap! Was I supposed to get you something too?" Yunho uselessly shook his head no. "Well... wait a second!" Mingi sprinted back into the house, almost slipping on the rug and making Yunho chuckle.

Snap out of this! He isn't that hot!

Ok that's a lie...

Yunho slapped his cheeks, pouting as Mingi returned.

"I know it isn't much, but here." Mingi gave Yunho a simple silver ring, a small ruby embedded within the surface. Yunho smiled and thanked him, slipping it onto his finger. "No! Not that one." Yunho was confused, transferring the ring from his left fourth finger to his right.

"We go?" Yunho has finally regained his ability to function, the shock at seeing Mingi having worn off. An arm threaded through his, Mingi snuggling close to his side and smiling happily. While the air held a slight chill, warmth following the setting sun, Yunho didn't realise how bad it was until he felt Mingi shiver. "Cold?"

"Yeah but I'll be fine." Mingi shrugged it off, but Yunho wasn't having it. So he used his magic to heat the air around them, grateful when Mingi stopped shivering. The hall loomed into view. He had to say, he and Wonho had done a good job. He was just glad it fit everyone.

"What you want to do?" Yunho allowed the air around them to return to normal as they entered the building. He'd set up a way for the air to constantly be infused with magic to keep the space warm, so he didn't need to worry about Mingi any more. The other seemed to ponder for a moment, before the sounds of gentle instruments flowed over to them.

Mingi extended a hand dramatically, "May I please have this dance?"

"Of course!" Yunho giggled, slipping his hand into Mingi's and leading him to the dance floor. This part was all Wonho's work, and Yunho made a note to compliment him for it later. With the help of magic and some ingenuity, Wonho made it so the floor lit up with every step you took, golden swirls dancing in time with their own footfalls. "Uhm... We have problem..."

"What is it?"

"I don't know how to dance..." Yunho admitted sheepishly. Mingi simply chuckled slightly, ruffling Yunho's hair affectionately, his smile brighter than the lights beneath their bare feet. Mingi held his hand, more delicate than Yunho would have expected, and reached out before hesitating.

"May I?" He asked gently, waiting for Yunho's confirmation before his hand rested against Yunho's hip. "Put your hand on my shoulder."

"What now?" Yunho asked. Mingi looked down at their feet, indicating for Yunho to do the same.

"So be careful not to step on my feet. Now we take steps in threes. Watch me ok? One, two, three... One, two, three..." Mingi led Yunho through the steps, Yunho thankfully able to spare his dignity and not step on Mingi's feet even once. They were able to weave between other dancing couples, chatting and laughing the whole time.

Yet both of them seemed almost awkward at times.

Yunho knew that he felt rather flustered at their close proximity.

He knew his cheeks were almost constantly flushed.

But he also saw the dusty rouge upon Mingi's cheeks.

"I'm glad we met." Mingi spoke suddenly, soft breath dusting Yunho's face and leaving light blue in it's wake.

"I cannot imagine time without you. Thank you for meet me." Yunho smiled, taking a risk and placing his head on Mingi's shoulder, snuggling his neck with his nose. Mingi froze for a moment, before he tilted his head to rest upon Yunho's.

"If I remember correctly, you pulled me into the water and laughed." Mingi teased. They both then giggled at the memory, not realising they'd shifted their hands so that they were hugging and swaying more than dancing around. Yunho's hands now both rested on Mingi's shoulders, while he was ensnared at the waist in Mingi's arms, wrapping around rather than resting against his hips.

"You looking at me, I thought it would be funny. And I was not wrong. You look like drenched... what is it... cat? Drenched cat. You would find funny too, had we swapped places." Yunho had only just realised their change in position, yet felt perfectly at home when held like this. He couldn't even fathom his luck, being able to meet Mingi, and have someone to care for him as Mingi did. Yet he knew he'd do the same for Mingi.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever..." Mingi grumbled, yet Yunho could easily tell he was smiling. His feelings for Mingi continued to grow within his heart, their vines growing to encase every inch of his veins and spreading their rose red petals through his bloodstream. It was like his blood had filled with this feeling, bringing life into his body. Or poisoning him. Only time would tell which it was.

"How do you think our future will be?" Yunho asked calmly, wishing to chat more.

"Well... I know I'm staying here. Earth has nothing for me, and here I feel safe. And I have my family. Wooyoung and I have both discussed how we've never wanted to return. And Yeosang... that's a whole different story. Hongjoong is different though, I think he might go back. Though not for long. He's talked about always caring for us, even though we're all adults. And I would... like to keep you in my life. Maybe we can stay friends. And I refuse to lose contact with you. And if your mother keeps being all... overbearing with your relationships... you could move in with me..." Mingi allowed his voice to fade at the end, sounding embarrassed and almost as though he hadn't meant to talk so much.

"You mean that?"

"Definitely." The shift from embarrassment to conviction within Mingi's voice warmed Yunho's heart. Yunho could almost imagine it. He and Mingi living together, either helping to raise Jongho together or taking care of children on their own. Maybe they could also have animals. Their house wouldn't be too big, nor too small. And they could keep each other safe and happy...

Yunho realised just how quickly he was falling.

"Then I agree one day. With or without mother's nagging." Yunho withdrew his face from the crook of Mingi's neck so he could look Mingi in the eye. He could see the joy, the excitement, the caring warmth. He couldn't even comprehend how this man had turned his whole world upside down, not quite understanding exactly when his view of Mingi had changed.

But he knew he couldn't go back.

The way he felt for Mingi... wasn't going away.

"Thank you for tonight." His voice hushed, Mingi smiled gently at Yunho. It was like everything got thrown off-kilter. Yunho's air had knocked from his lungs, the way in which Mingi smiled so much different to anything he'd seen before. It wasn't bright, but dimmed and calm. Like a candle in comparison to a bonfire.

"I am glad you agreed."

"I would be delusional not to." Mingi joked, brushing Yunho's hair behind his ear carefully.

And once again, Yunho's mother came to burst their little bubble of calm.

"Yunho, I have someone for you to meet." Hwasa tapped Yunho's shoulder and indicated for him and Mingi to separate. Yunho saw the girl beside his mother, clearly another of the many suitors she'd tried to set him up with. While she was stunning, she wasn't Mingi.

"Mother, I'm busy." Yunho sighed, snuggling closer to Mingi in protest.

"Yunho, don't ignore me."

"Mooooother..."

"Yunho, I'm trying to think about your future!" She seemed rather mad now...

"Gi, can you go get us drinks?" Yunho pouted up at Mingi, who sympathetically ruffled Yunho's hair before walking away. Hwasa then introduced the girl, but Yunho wasn't paying attention.

"Speak to her Yunho." Hwasa spoke in a warning tone. And Yunho immediately felt a spark of rebellion within the pit of his stomach.

"I'm sorry Miss, I'm not interested in a relationship or in you." Yunho spake nonchalantly, Hwasa's eyed filling with baffled rage immediately. "In truth I'm not even happy to be having this conversation right now. I want to spend this time with Mingi. I want to spend a lot of time with Mingi. So if you excuse me." Yunho bowed extravagantly before turning on his heel and sauntering away. Yunho quickly found Mingi, and noticed that the party had begun to dwindle.

"You ok?" Mingi asked gently. He handed Yunho a drink and quickly clasped his free hand.

"Mum will not be happy with me..." Yunho sighed, preparing for a long, annoying lecture when he got home.

"Then you're coming with me. Is there anything else you want to do before we go?" Yunho shook his head. So they started walking, leaving the quickly emptied cups near the entrance.

It didn't take Yunho long to realise they were going the wrong way.

And then their lake came into view.

The water glowed with a kaleidoscope of colours, various different intensities and giving an almost ethereal feeling. Bright coloured fish swam in small schools. Seaweed gently swayed. The whole scene was like something out of one of Mingi's movies.

"Let's swim!" Mingi yelled, ready to jump in before Yunho stopped him.

"You wear nice clothes! Ruin them!" Yunho scolded. "We do not have swim clothes!"

"Yunho... they're just clothes. You can magically dry them anyway, right?"

"Not the point..." Yunho pouted knowing he'd lost this one. Mingi laughed and grasped Yunho's hands, gently leading him to the water with a mischievous smile. The water quickly engulfed Yunho's body, his gills sucking in oxygen as he struggled to adjust to the freezing temperature. Mingi's chest shifted and rippled, changing shape to also create gills. Mingi had rarely used this ability around Yunho, but Yunho doubted he would stop being mystified by it.

"Why do you have gills? I haven't seen anyone else like that." Mingi sat cross-legged on the sand, a cloud of dust left in his wake before slowly settling once more.

"I am born different father to siblings. Father from Bang village, who live under water. Died before I was born. Wheein was Hwasa's third partner, but only soulmate. First partner left her with my siblings." Yunho explained quietly, not often speaking about his father having made the topic almost strange to him.

"I don't know who my mother is. My father never told me. But from the looks of it she didn't want me. Not that I blame her, due to the fact I'm the son of that asshole. Trust me Yunho, you'll never want to meet my father. Real piece of work. Hope I never have to see him again." Mingi had a faraway look encased within his irises that made Yunho endlessly curious. "Anyway, I bought you here to have fun. So close your eyes and count to 20, then try to find me."

"Seriously?"

"Yes! Cover your eyes!" Mingi held Yunho's hands and guided them over his eyes, his touch sending volts of electricity coursing through Yunho's body.

Yunho didn't know how long they played childish games amongst the fish for, but when they emerged they were both exhausted. Yunho used a burst of magic to dry their clothes on their way to Mingi's house, quickly making sure the air was warm for Mingi after.

"I will sleep here." Yunho said, walking over to the hammock in the living room, opposite the one Yeosang was restlessly sleeping on for some reason. Light from the magic outside filled the room, rather than having it completely dark like the bedrooms.

"Nope, my room." Mingi whispered, trying not to wake the barely unconscious Yeosang as he grabbed Yunho's hands and led him down the hall to the bedroom. Yeh only light was that of Yunho's skin as Mingi haphazardly led the way to the bed, dragging Yunho under the covers with him. "Goodnight Yunho."

"Goodnight Mingi." Yunho whispered, gently snuggling closer to Mingi as he was grasping onto the last ounce of consciousness he had before plunging into a calm slumber.

And here's another chapter! I'm very sorry about how long it takes me to write these...

I would like to thank you all.

In truth, coming here and sharing my writing makes me genuinely happy, and I love all the comments I receive. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. I can't even express how much I value each and very one of you. And I hope you bear with me while I try to write these at a decent pace.

Love you all!

See you next chapter lovelies!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

22.9K 1K 33
a story about Kang Yeosang who doesn't believe in love. He always fortifies other people's feelings for him and keeps all the feelings he has with de...
4.6K 102 31
"a ship?" "pirates?" "are they leng?" "they dont exist.." this is what everyone originally thought, they were completely wrong. "IS THAT A PIRATE SHI...
76.8K 3.5K 25
*THIS STORY WILL BE RE-EDITED* Being sheltered by his father all his life, Wooyoung grew up alone, but when San was assigned to be his personal bodyg...
67.2K 3K 29
"i-i'm in love with him, but he just sees me as a friend... with benefits that is. at least until you got here..." "mingi... i don't like him like th...