Outerbanks "falling in love"

By maddi03798

Outerbanks Jj x maddi Season 1 + more! Achievements: #2 in jjmaybanks #22 in Netflix Maddi is John bs twin... More

Introduction
Chapter 1-you do worry about me
Chapter 2-diver down
Chapter 3-square groupers man
Chapter 4-inside voices
Chapter 5- of course I care
Chapter 6-mistake
Chapter 7-I've been waiting two years
Chapter 8- I was under duress
Chapter 9- Boyfriend?
Chapter 10- I'll be there to pick up the pieces
Chapter 11-It felt like everything was going to be okay
Chapter 12- I love you but I don't think I can be around you.
Chapter 13- this isn't gonna end well
Chapter 15- I'm gonna kill Rafe
Chapter 16- Lady liberty
Chapter 17-Cheater
Chapter 18- Moving day
Annoucement*please read*
Chapter 19- You shouldn't have to be fine
Chapter 20- We need new friends
Chapter 21- Let's go get that gold
Chapter 22- We did it dad
Chapter 23- Not a size 0
Chapter 24- Because I love you
Chapter 25- The cats*ss
Chapter 26- What have we gotten ourselfs into?
Chapter 27- Fugitive
Chapter 28- It's go time
Chapter 29- I'll be back
Chapter 30- My brothers dead?
Chapter 31- 10 days
Chapter 32- The break up
Chapter 33- Topper
Chapter 34- 10 months later
Chapter 35- The boat
Chapter 36- Party
Chapter 37- JJ can get over it
Chapter 38- The locket
Chapter 39- we're about to do something illegal aren't we?
Chapter 40- From John b
Chapter 41- Schools out
Chapter 42- We're in
Chapter 43- Thanks a lot universe
Chapter 44- I lost you too
Chapter 45- friends with benefits
Chapter 46-meet me inside
Another story?
Chapter 47- waking up alone
Chapter 48- head above water
Chapter 49-everythings not fine
Chapter 50- Perfect night
Chapter 51- Mission
Chapter 52- Now or never
Chapter 53- Girls night
Chapter 54- I love you JJ maybank
Chapter 55- To the bahamas
Chapter 56- Toto I don't think we're in obx anymore
Chapter 57-airport
Chapter 58- back from the dead
Chapter 59- hugs
Chapter 60- the end
Please read!!!!
100k special- part 1
100k special- part 2
200k
Announcement
READ

Chapter 14- On solid grounds

13.2K 144 44
By maddi03798

Chapter 14- On solid grounds

Maddi's pov-

We drive to Toppers boat where JJ convienced Pope to pull his plug. I sit on the other end of the boat as they talk about their plan. When we pull up Pope stands up I walk over to where they were standing.

"Guys please don't do this" I beg them.

"Babe it's fine. Pope do it" JJ says Pope looks at us before jumping in and swimming over to Toppers boat.

"Woah I didn't think he would actually do it" JJ chuckles. I roll my eyes and walk back to the front not wanting to be around his right now. When Pope climbs back on JJ throws the plug in the water and Pope starts to drive off. During the boat ride home JJ comes and sits next to me.

"Hey, you mad at me" He ask

"Yeah" I say. I understand why he did it I just hate that he did. Pope has too much on the line. 

"But I understand" I mutter under my breath. JJ wraps his arm around me. 

"You do?" He questions.

"Yeah" I sigh. We just chill the rest of the way back. Pope and JJ talk about fishing while I just look out at the water.

~

Once we got back we headed to the beach. John b and Kie were already in the water surfing. We all join them and surf for the next couples hours. John b was talking to JJ some but still ignoring Me which made me mad. When it got dark we went back home and laid in the hammocks. The group talked about the gold but I stayed quiet. We all fell asleep and the next day when out on Popes dad's boat.

"Alright JJ pin it here" John b yelled to JJ who was driving the boat. Me and Kie were incharge of lowering it down while Pope was looking at the camera. 

"Rodger that" JJ yelled. I looked over at him driving the boat. He was wearing his red hat which he always looked good in. I was a little mad about yesterday but decieded to forget about it. I'm already fighting one of the most important guys in my life.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, too going full kook" John b cheered as he dropped the drone into the water. Me and Kie started lowering the drone down.

"Alright JJ we're right over it, ten seconds north west." John b yelled to the front of the boat. JJ turned the wheel and the boat moved.

"One hundered feet" I yell as Kie marks it down with a piece of chalk. Pope jumped causing all of us to get excited.

"what, what was it" John b asked looking towards the screen. There was nothing but water.

"It's nothing" Pope said making all of us groan as we went back to doing our Jobs.

"Four hundred feet" I yelled a few minutes later. Kie marked another mark. I looked up to see dark clouds forming making me nervous. We all kepted doing our jobs. John b yelled out directions every few minutes to JJ who then turned the boat. Me and Kie lowered it still while Pope focused on the screen

"JJ hold it steady" My brother yelled as the boat started to shake due to the weather.

"900 feet" I called out.

"JJ we're gonna turtle in this storm man" Pope paniced.

"920" I called out in a worried voice. Kie grabbed onto the teather with me as the weather got worse.

"Crank it north by northwest! ten seconds!" John b instructed. "how we doing?"

"Almost there" Pope replied.

"South southwest JJ! Hard!" My brother yelled ignoring the bad weather.

"960" I shouted looking back up as the dark grey clouds approached us. "1000 feet"

"Do you see it" Kie questioned Pope. He shook his head no but stopped when we saw it.

"No way" I said in disbelief.

"The royal merchant" John B said shocked. We all looked at eachother excited but that quickly faded when we didn't see any gold. We went through the boat 3 times nothing. The storm was picking up so we pulled the drone back in and went back to the dock.

"You staying here tonight" I asked JJ. We dropped Kie and Pope off on the way home.

"Nah, I think i'm gonna head home" He says. John b was tieing up the boat on the other side of the dock.

"Are you sure?" I questioned. I hated the idea of him going home.

"Yeah i'll be okay, you and John b need to talk" He says looking over to my brother. I nod my head

" Bye babe" He says giving me a quick kiss before getting on his motercycle and driving off.

"Hey" I say walking up to John b. "You gonna talk to me now" I question. He ignores me and walks around to finsih tieing up the boat.

"Talk to me please, you can't stay mad forever" I beg. John b looks at me and sighs.

"you're right I cant" He says making me smile a little but that quickly fades. "but I can't forgive you right now either" 

"John b" I say quietly as we start walking to the house. "I know you didn't want us together but we couldn't help it"

"Oh please" John b groans walking onto the porch.

"quit being such an *sshole" I snap at him.

"Oh i'm the *sshole" He says back at me walking inside and grabbing a box of cheerios off the kitchen table.

"Yeah you ar-" I'm cut off my a noise both of our heads snap to cheryl the social worker. John b walks close to me.

"Look cheryl kinda a bad time for a check in" I sigh annoyed with all this dcs crap.

"Oh it's not a check in we're here to take you" She says. My heart starts to beat fast as I look over to my brother. He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him protectivly.

"We aren't going anywhere" He says with slight pannick in his voice.

"You can't make us" I add in. As I said that I feel a presence behind me.

"Kids this is deputy thomas" Cheryl says point to the large deputy behind us. My heart starts beating even faster. I don't want to go to fostercare. John b pulls me away from the deputy.

"Look I know uncle T is down in missippi working in a casino. He hasn't been here in months" Cheryl tells us. I look back at John b looks at me with the same look we're in trouble  

"What -no" I say trying to lie. John b gave me a nudge and we started to run, not letting go of eachothers hand. The deputy stood infront of us stopping us from leaving.

"No, see, thats my nightmare right there. Look I-I, we want emancipation." John b says his voice starting to show how worried he was.

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here but the two of you" Cheryl says in a sweet tone which was complete bs.

"Asylum then" John B states looking around trying to find a way out of this.

"On what grounds" The social worker questions crossing her arms.

"On-on solid grounds. Holy grounds. Look I feel really prosecuted by you and mr.bighead over here" I say looking at them. John b started to pull me only to be stopped by the deputy. He threw the box of cheerios at the police causing him to tackle John b.

"He didn't do anything cheryl! Get your dog off!" I shout at her. she signals the man off letting John b stand up and grab back ahold of my hand. They tell us to pack our bags. I put in a picture of me and JJ, a picture of dad and a picture of me and John b. I grab a few changes of clothes and a hat. I smush it all into a bag as the man grabs my shoulder and walks me out of my room.

"Get off of me" I groan as the man pushes me.

"Don't touch her" John b says pushing the mans arm off. He wraps his arm around me as we walk outside. We climb into the back of a black suv. 

"I'm sorry" John b whispers to me in the back seat as we drive away from the chatuea.

"Me too" I tell him.

" Are you happy maddi?" He ask. I smile thinking of me and JJ.

"Yeah, I really am." I tell him. 

"Okay good" He says looking out the window. 

"Do you have that one wallet picture of dad" I ask thinking of a way out of here.

"Yeah" He pulls it out.

"Okay let it fly out the window" I whisper so that the deputy and social worker can't hear. John b nods his head to let me know he understands. He takes the picture loosley in his fingers and lets it fly out the window.

"Cheryl stop my picture" He shouts sitting up.

"Please stop it's the last picture of my dad" He begs. Cheryl looks at the deputy and he pulls over. The deputy gets out and starts looking for the picture.

"Oh-co-come on he's not even looking in the right place" John b tells her.

"Please let me go look for it" He goes on.

"I can't" Cheryl says

"Come on cheryl it's the last picture" I beg playing along. She thinks about it before clicking the lock. John b looks at me before we both open the door.

"Thanks cheryl" He shouts as we get out of the car. I sling my backpack over my back before looking back at the officer.

"Bye officer no neck, nice meeting you" I yell while running away. Me and John b run side by side until theres a crossroad.

"We need to split up" I tell him trying to catch my breath.

" No i'm not leaving you" John b argues.

"If we go two ways they won't catch us." I say. He pulls me in for a hug.

"I love you" He mutters.

"I love you too" I say back before we both take off in different directions.

 I run faster than I knew I could but of course being me I trip over a rock. I slide into the road and feel a sharp pain in my side. My stitches. I try to stand up but the pain is a lot. Blood seeps through my shirt as the black suv pulls up infront of me. Cheryl runs to me helping me into the car. She takes me to the police station where I get stitched up and am supposed to wait for another worker to pick me up. Cheryl leaves after getting a phone call leaving me in a room with a bunch of police. 

"Here you go sweetie" A lady officer hands me a cup of coffee. "They said it might be a couple more hours" The officer informs me. I smile and nod at her taking the coffee. 

"Is there anyway I can make a phone call?" I ask.

"I don't know" The lady tells me. I start to cry, fake cry.

"I just-just really want to say bye to my boyfriend, you know before I go away" I cry trying to be as believable as I can. At this point it's getting dark out. The lady nods and brings me over to a phone. I know JJ doesn't have any service but Kie does.

"Hello" I hear Kie ask into the phone.

"Hey kie its me, I need help" I tell her.

"Maddi, whats going on?" She ask concerned.

"It's a long story but I'm being taken by social services, and I need help" I explain.

"What!" Kie asks shocked.

"Yeah can you please tell JJ i'm at the police station and I only have a little while before I'm taken to the mainland" I tell her in a low voice. She agrees before hanging up the phone. I go back over to my seat and lie my head against the wall.

"Hey" I hear in a whisper coming from the window behind me. JJ, Kie and Pope are all there crouched behind the barley open window.

"Hey" I say back. "So whats the plan?" 

"I'm going to make a distraction, you find a way out okay?" JJ says to me. I nod before looking back ahead so none of the police officers see me talking. I stand up and walk to the desk of a male officer.

"Excuse me sir,  can I use the restroom" I say sweetly. 

"You can't use the restroom ma'am please go back to your seat" The man says in a gruff voice. 

"well-you see, I'm having-well i'm having some lady issues that I need to take care of" I tell him. He looks up and his face gets really red. I see JJ walk in and talk to the lady at the front. He sends me a wink.

"It's in the front around the corner" He explains. I give him a small thank you and go into the bathroom. The bathroom is right across from the front desk and right next to the door. JJ is talking to the lady. He gives me a thumbs up from behind so I quietly leave the bathroom doorway and casually walk outside. Pope and Kie have the her car parked out front. I hop in the backseat.

"Thank god you're okay" Kie says with a relieved face. "what happened?"

"Yeah and where's John b?" Pope adds in. 

"He got away earlier" I say happy that he's not stuck in foster care either. JJ gets in the backseat next to me and pulls me in, kissing me.

"Oh my god I was so worried" JJ says "What happened? Why are you bleeding?"

" I ripped my stiches running away but I'm good now" I say to him.  JJ holds my hand as we drive to my house. When we approach theres an officer waiting, I groan at the sight.

"Looks like I can't go home" I say as Kie puts her car in reverse and starts going backwards.

"We can go to my house" JJ says looking at me. 

"what about your dad" I ask, Luke Maybanks was one of the very few people I hate. 

"He should be passed out on the couch by now" JJ explains. I agree and Kie drops us off. JJ grabs my hand and pulls me inside. Luke is passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand. We go into JJ's room, he hands me one of his t-shirts. 

"You gonna um- I don't know. Leave, so I can change?" I say looking at him sitting on his bed.

"I don't think I am" He says with a playful smirk grabbing my waist and pulling me in. I throw the shirt he handed me down on the ground and push JJ back lightly so he sits on his bed. He lays back and I lay ontop of him. After a few minutes of kissing JJ tugs at my shirt. My mind drifts back to that night, the night of the kegger. I stand up quickly ,my heart racing thinking back.

"Whats wrong?" He asks sitting on the edge of the bed.

"JJ i'm not ready" I sigh taking a deep breath. "Not after what happened"

I look at JJ hoping he won't be mad. He stands up and walks over to me pulling me in. I look away embarresed. JJ puts his hand on my chin and turns my head to face him. 

"I understand, we can wait aslong as you need baby" JJ says kissing my forehead. I smile at him before bending down to pick up the t-shirt.

"Okay now get out lover boy" I giggle. He throws his head back and groans.

"I'm going ,i'm going" He says as he walks out of the room. 

"But-" He says peaking his head back in the room.

"Out!" I take off my shorts and shirt, then throw the t-shirt over me. It went down to my knees covering my whole body. 

"come in" I say. JJ walks in before looking me up and down.

"Dang my girl looks good in my shirts" JJ says as I climb into bed.

"Your girl huh?" I question with a smirk as he climbs in next to me. He just chuckles as we both settle into bed. I lay on his chest as he wraps his arm around me. We're quiet for a while. I think about everything that happened today.

"what going through that head of yours" JJ said looking down at me.

"Just wondering where John b is"  I sigh.

"Hey, he's fine. It's John b he can take care of himself" JJ reassures me.

"Yeah, I guess" I agree. We lay in bed for a while just talking until I finally fall asleep.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. This chapter the first chapter that really went off of the main plot but I really liked writing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528K 4.1K 62
β€žmeeting you was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favourite." -JJ x fem oc : John b's sister -Outer Banks stor...
92.4K 3.2K 38
IN WHICH after a storm of chaos tears through a teenage girl's life she follows the treasure hunt her mother started. (...pope heyward x fem oc) (...
936K 15.5K 55
SEQUEL NOW UP! βš“OUTER BANKSβš“ ❝What have I done wrong, JJ? What are you running from?❞ ❝You're the one who should be running! You're scared of me, rem...
737K 20.3K 51
If I'm on fire, you'll be made of ashes too. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 1 FIRST DRAFT βΈ» 05/08/20 β†’ 07/17/20 EDITED βΈ» 02/09/23 β†’ 04/19/23 #1st in...