BEGIN AGAIN.

By jolante424

He understood me like no other. He knew me inside out. I could never hide anything from him. Well.....apart f... More

Introduction.
Prologue.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Authors Note.๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ
Chapter 43.
Chapter 43 part 2.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 63 part 2.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Epilogue.

Chapter 62.

1.1K 68 4
By jolante424

He loves me.

He didn't let me know through speaking outloud but, through words written down. His eyes, for so long have expressed it and I took too long to figure it out.

He has not said the words though and for the rest of yesterday, I had been trying to get him to say them. But oh yes, Roman O'Connor is stubborn. I didn't want to make it obvious that I wanted him to say the words. I think at the end of the day, he figured everything out, after all that massaging, baking for him, cuddling and even Romy Time. Yes, Roman O'Connor is stubborn.

I even caught him secretly smirking when I asked if there was anything, important that he wanted to say but nope, he simply shook his head and played all innocent. So now, I'm just waiting for the right moment for him to say it, because I would really like to hear him say those three words.

But nonetheless, he loves me.

He didn't even say he is fond of me, and that is the best part.

A small content sigh escapes my lips as I think about yesterday, the effect of what those three words meant to me. To have him love me is such a surreal feeling, that the heart can't help but to jump. Like right now, thinking about Roman has caused such a huge heart reaction, it's amazing.

Today is the last day of school and I am so happy and relieved about that. I decided to actually come today because I missed Sam and Avery so much. Roman on the other hand, didn't want to come. He decided to drop me off and leave. He said he had more important things to do, whatever that means.

So here I am, at the school library, in one of my free periods. I've had three of those today, it's like the teachers are on some early leave or something. Walking through the first passage of shelves, I don't find what I am looking for but when I enter the third, I stop in my tracks when I see Danny and Amber, talking.

Danny's back is facing me and that is why, Amber is the first to notice me. She says something to him and he turns around and our eyes meet.

Gosh, I'm so tired of all this staring and awkward stare off's. I'm with Roman now, I don't need anymore awkwardness in my life.

I break eye contact and look away, checking out the books. I know why I came here, for a good read, not to have those awkward stares with my ex boyfriend and the girl, he cheated on me with. " Walk away while you still can." I hear someone say next to me.

" Why should I?" I ask, turning to face Ingrid.

" To avoid the awkward moments." She says, glancing behind me where Danny and Amber are.

" It can only be awkward when you make it awkward." With that, I turn around and start heading their way.

" Hey." I say in passing, a victorious smile taking over when I disappear out of view.

" So that's it huh?" Ingrid says, having followed me out.

" What?" I say, continuing walking.

"No cat fight and none of that?" She asks.

I stop in my tracks and look at her.

" For what?" I raise my brow.

A smirk suddenly takes over her face, confusing me all the more.

" What?" I ask again.

" You're really over him aren't you?"

I just stare at her, not answering.

" You're over everything and I see Roman written all over." She says.

The longer I stare at her, the more I can't hold off on my smile anymore. I feel my face heat up and I bite on my lip, rolling my eyes at her.

" Well what can I say, he's it for me." With that said, I walk away, letting my smile to freely take over.

I almost regret not convincing Roman to come to school with me today. I miss him already and just can't wait to see him. I release a sigh of relief when the bell for the end of school rings, Sam waits for me and we leave class together. I truly missed talking to him, I mean he played such an important role in my life, in these past months.

He made school bearable and talking to him, always eased me.

" So you got your wish?" He says.

" Which is?"

" For school to end."

" Well we are coming back after Winter Break, so I'll hold off on the celebrations."

" You got your bestfriend back, who's no longer just your best friend." My face warms up.

" I didn't expect that to happen."

" But it did." He quickly says.

" But it did." We both smile at each other.

" He makes you happy like I knew he could." He says.

Yes he does.

Sam, on the way to sit and wait for Roman, by the school fountain, tells me about his plans of introducing Avery to his mom. The way he speaks about her and how he looks, convinces me that he is inlove with her. It's a matter of time before he realises it.

Avery soon joins us once she finds us, she excitedly tells us about tonight's party. One of the students is hosting a party and literally everyone, who hasn't gone home yet, is invited. Sam and Avery are going and even I want to go, I just hope Roman will come too.

Normally I would be hesitent to go, but this time I want to go out and have some fun with my friends, before they leave for home.

Due to us not making plans soon enough for our break, we thought we could do it next time. Though I was thinking of them sleeping over at our place for tonight, just to spend the last day with them. But I need to talk to Roman first, I mean we do share the apartment.

I am busy laughing along with Sam, listening to Avery talking, when all of a sudden a loud noise rumbles throughout the school, earning everyone's attention. It sounds like a motorbike.

" Um Hazel ?" Avery says but I am already on my feet, looking ahead at the Academy gates. " Isn't that - "

" Roman." I murmur, watching as he drives around the curvy driveway, coming our way.

My heart races when just like in the movies, Roman stops infront of us, taking off his helmet and pushing his long hair back. He literally looks so hot that I can't take my eyes off him.

He gets off his bike and starts towards me.

" Everyone is watching." Avery says in a sing song tone in my ear, before taking a step back from me.

My body becomes aware of the many eyes on us, yet my eyes are glued on my baby. My face heats up so much when he doesn't say anything, but cradles my face and brushes his lips against mine. A shaky breath escapes me when he nuzzles his nose against mine.

" I missed you." He says against my lips.

" I missed you too." I say, letting my eyes to flutter open and to look at him.

When I see his lips curve up into a smirk, I hide my face in chest, feeling so shy under so many eyes.

" Roman." I groan out.

" What, I like to see the effect I have on you." He says in my ear, kissing the spot behind my ear, causing my spine to tingle.

Damn him.

" Hey guys." He says over my head.

" Hey." Sam and Avery say in unison.

" I'm gonna take my girl home."

" Yes please, before her face bursts with all that blushing." Sam says.

I pull my back from Roman's chest and glance at Sam, poking my tongue at him.

"Come on baby." Roman says, taking my hand and leading me to his bike.

" Bye, we'll see you tonight!" Avery calls after me and I give her a thumbs up.

" So, what's happening tonight?" Roman asks as he takes off his leather jacket and lets me wear it.

" I'll tell you at home." I say, letting him put the helmet on my head.

He nods and gets on the bike, before I follow suit, wrapping my arms around his middle. Just like that, I place my trust on him, riding out with his bike, riding off into the sunset.

I hum along to the music, as my feet rest on the coffee table, a large bowl of food next to me. Roman and I had gone to buy a few things and I made sure to not forget ice cream. Sam and Avery are sleeping over tonight and I'm excited. It'll be good to catch up and stuff, as for Roman, he is just glad that we will have more reason to sleep in his room. I had mentioned the party tonight and I didn't even need to convince him, he just agreed to go. So tonight, we are going to a party.

Colton had come by and now Roman has just walked him out. I heard that Beverley was doing okay and that she apologises, for the way she acted towards me that day. I had already gotten over it but to hear her apology was nice too. And I appreciated it.

Roman returns and he comes over to join me on the couch. I hand him an extra spoon, since I was waiting for him to join me.

"So no one bothered you today right?"

" No, but you could have asked me that earlier, instead, someone didn't give me time to talk about it because he wanted Romy time."

" But I missed you." He pouts.

" You could have come with me to school, then you wouldn't have had the chancr to miss me."

" Like I said, there were more important things to do."

" Like what?" I raise my brow.

" Like your birthday." I roll my eyes.

" It's just a day, I told you that you don't need to stress over it."

" To me it's not. It's important to me."

I sit up and shift on the couch, so I am facing him.

" Okay, tell me the real reason why you are stressing over this, it might be important but I think there's more, you aren't telling me. So tell me." I give him an expectent look.

He sighs, leaving the fork in the bowl.

" I thought I could let it go."

" You thought you could let what go?"

" Me leaving you." He says with a sadness in his eyes.

I take the bowl and place it on the coffee table, along with my fork beside it before drawing closer to him. " I know we talked about it and you forgave me, but a part of me still holds on to it. I find it not enough for me and doing what I'm doing now, you know with planning, I feel like I am making up for that day. "

I push hair away from his face and place a kiss on his forehead.

" Okay, I understand. I hear you." I say.

" I want to see you happy."

" I am happy, here with you." A soft expression takes over his face.

He takes my hand and places a kiss on it. " I want to make your day a memorable one. I don't want any more bad memories following you around. I want to see you smiling until midnight."

" That's a very long time. All those hours." I say amused.

" Not enough to compare to a lifetime of memories."

I tug my legs under me, resting my chin on his shoulder as I stare into his eyes. " I love you Hazel, more then I've loved anyone." My heart flips at his words and my eyes close, when he kisses my forehead.

********

" Is it me or are people staring?" I ask, looking around the yard, as the three of us wait for Roman to find a good spot to park his car.

" Well you and Roman gave them something to talk about remember?" Avery says, looking really hot tonight.

" What - oh?" I nod, now remembering what happened after school, with the whole bike thing.

" I don't see a big deal here."

" Well it is, when the whole thing was like something that came out of a movie scene and, you two make a very hot couple." I roll my eyes at that.

Arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled to a chest.

" Ready?" He says in my ear.

I nod, turning around in his arms.

" I'm all ready, I just hope you can keep up tonight O'Connor." I smirk at him.

" Oh don't worry about me. I know a whole lot more about the dancefloor, that will leave your jaw dropped."

" Okay then. I'll see you there." I move out of his arms and blow a kiss at him.

" Come on Avery." I say, reaching for her arm.

" Hey, where do you think you're going?" He pulls me back to him.

" I was just heading inside." I say innocently.

" Not without me you are."

" But -"

" I'm not giving any vultures a chance to even sniff your way. You're mine, end off." He says with a straight face.

" The whole school knows that."

" Not enough." He says, pecking my lips. He takes my hand and guides me towards the door.

" Finally, I thought we would never go." Avery groans, making me laugh.

*Hazel's look.*

*Roman's look*

We enter the house and damn, the whole place looks like a damn night club. There are people everywhere. The music is so loud that I can feel it inside my chest. Roman pulls me close and makes sure no one even thinks of approaching me. I even caught him glaring at a few guys, who glanced my way.

Roman greets a few people along the way, surprising me on where he might know them from, but I don't bother pondering on that. I don't give him a chance to look for a place for us to sit, when I pull him to the dance floor and raise my brow at him.

A gasp slips out when he takes my hand and spins me around, before pulling me to his chest. He smirks at me when I stare at him, wide eyed.

I let out a laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck and begin dancing to the rhythm of the song. Because he is full of surprises tonight, he meets me right there with the groove.

And yes, my boyfriend can dance.

I dance with no one but him and I don't even have a reason to complain, because he is so much fun to be around. I spot a few people when we find ourselves a spot to sit, a little later. Sam and Avery finally found us since we lost each other, when we entered the house.

I didn't pay much attention to other people but my friends and boyfriend. Avery was halfway drunk, Sam had one or two while Roman and I had none. We were just cool with enjoying each other's company tonight, being out and having fun.

I swear that Roman and I couldn't get enough of being around each other, someone might say it's unhealthy but who cares. At some time later, Avery pulls me away from Roman whilst he is distracted, talking to Colton, who decided to come.

Yet again, Beverley isn't here.

Before I could get far, Roman had captured my hand and I told him, that I had to go to the bathroom. He accepted my answer and let me go.

Avery groans in frustratiom when we see the long line, for the two bathrooms. Instead of waiting, Avery sneaks into a bedroom with a joined bathroom, ignoring the do not enter sign. I wait in the hallway, watching people walk past me. " Hey." I jump slightly and glance over my shoulder, just to see Danny.

I sigh, leaning my back against the wall. " Hey."

" I thought you didn't like this type of scene." He says.

" Why are you even talking to me?" I ask with a frown.

" Because I want to say something."

" But I don't want to hear it."

" Even if it's me wanting to make sure you're okay and safe?" My frown deepens, more so my confusion.

" No, no Danny, you don't get to do this. You don't get to change your tune now, when you've given me more then enough reasons, to never see you the same again. You tried to humiliate me, you were agressive and mean, you let bitterness control you and you tried to belittle me and worse of all, you tried to paint a picture of me as some loose girl who sleeps around infront of Roman, when you know that I never slept with you.

" I was hurt and angry, that's why I said what -"

I don't give him a chance to continue when I speak. " And the hurt you caused me?!"

He doesn't say anything.

" Even after the hurt you caused me, you still had the audacity to even think, of hurting me more. Well guess what, I don't care. I've faced way too much in my life to let someone like you, put me down.

Enough is enough Danny, I'm not your punching bag for insults and a place to hurt. I wont let you hurt me anymore, I refuse to." I release a breath, staring him head on. " So it's best to leave me alone, for good this time." With that, I turn my back to him.

Thankfully Avery comes out of that room and when I glance over my shoulder, I don't see Danny anymore or the fallen look he wore. I sigh in relief about that. We head back downstairs, where Avery drags me to the kitchen, for a drink.

" Don't you think you've had enough now?" I call over the music.

" Nope!" She shakes her head.

I stand by the wall, making sure to watch over her. I don't want any guys with grabby hands to think that they have a chance with her.

Ingrid suddenly blocks my view. She looks really good in an all white two piece dress. " So this where you're hiding!"

" And why would I do that?!" I arch my brow.

" To get away from that possessive boyfriend of yours, who's busy looking for you!" Oh shoot, Roman must be wondering why I am taking so long.

I push off the wall, about to head out, only to be held back by arm.

"Hey, before you get stuck at his side again, can we talk?!" She says.

I raise my brow.

" It's something I wouldn't really talk with anyone!" She says, letting go of my arm.

I should walk away but something in me, convinces me to listen. I nod and let her lead me out of the kitchen. On my way out, I let Avery know where I am going and she gives me a thumbs up. Reaching outside where it's more quieter and with less people, then inside, we find ourselves a place to sit, which is a bench swing under a tree.

" So, what is so important that you had to drag me out for?" I ask.

She rises to her feet, biting on a nail.

" Ingrid?" I press.

She huffs and looks at me.

" Fine, my parents are getting a divorce and I don't know what to do."

" Oh." My eyes drop to my shoes, not knowing what to really say.

" Yeah oh." She says, sitting back down.

" How did you find out?"

" They told me and they seemed fine, like there was no fighting or tension. They seemed fine."

" Then it must mean it was a mutual decision."

" Yeah but, I'm so used to my parents being together and now. They wont."

" It's still all knew, give it time..."

" Maybe if I try get them back together."

" What makes you think they didn't try to make things work, before reaching this decision?" She frowns at my question, taking in my words.

" I didn't really think about that." She says.

" Look Ingrid, I'm not an expert on these types of things, but what I can say is that you should talk to your parents, listen to them."

"Well I didn't really listen the first time. I kind of walked out." She says, with a guilty look.

" It was a shock. I'm sure they understand."

" I feel bad now."

" Just talk to them and hear them out. Then be honest about your feelings."

She nods, smiling at me.

" What?"

" It's been a long time since I've had this."

" What?"

" A real talk." I don't say anything but rise to my feet.

" You know, a part of me always knew that you two would end up together." I turn to face her. " Eversince we were young, he was always so possessive and fought with anyone, who made you upset."

I mentally smile at the memory.

" And at some point in our lives, you liked him." I state.

She rolls her eyes." Yeah, yeah, I kinda did, but I knew that I didn't have a chance."

" Yeah sorry, he's all mine." I shrug.

" Rub it in will you?" She pokes her tongue out at me.

" It's a fact G - oh uh, yeah, Ingrid." I quickly say.

" No, you can call me G. I kinda missed being called that."

" It's okay to miss me. I mean I am unforgetable." I flip my hair back.

She lets out a laugh, shaking her head at that. I chuckle at her.

" I should go now."

" Before your boyfriend turns the place upside down, don't forget that I've known Roman since we were kids, and when it comes to you, gosh, he's impossible." She says.

"And there he is." I glance over my shoulder to see Roman, busy looking around before he comes out, taking notice of me.

" I should leave you before I'm left out to be the third wheel." She says, walking past me.

Arms wrap around me from behind. A smile makes its way onto my face and I turn into his arms. "Okay, I'm throwing in the towel." He says, pulling me closer.

" Already?"

" I regret even staying for so long." I chuckle at that.

" I don't mind leaving now, these shoes are killing me." I say, glaring at my shoes.

Bloody shoes.

" Baby, you should have listened to me when I said take the navy ones."

" I know but these red ones really looked good with this dress." He gives me a disapproving look.

I pout at him but he is quick to kiss it away. A sigh of relief escapes past my lips when he picks me up and carries me bridal style. " We are going home."

I nod, burying my face in his neck.

The house has a back exit and though one has to go around the house, to leave the premises, Roman chooses it either way. A disgusted look takes over his face when we see a couple, busy eating each other's faces off, against his car.

I bite at my lip, holding in my laugh when Roman unlocks his car, causing the couple to jump apart in surprise. The guy seems to recognise Roman and he quickly grabs his girl, rushing off. Oh gosh, and the girl was still trying to fix her clothes.

Roman grumbles under his breath, opening the passenger door and placing me down on the seat. " We can't leave without Sam and Avery." I remind him.

" I know and I'll go look for them, but first things first, I need to free you from these feet killers."

" Yes please."

He takes off my shoes, freeing my feet and I sigh in relief, relaxing against my seat. " Thank you baby."

He steps closer and pushes my hair behind my ear, before he connects our lips, letting them linger against each other for a moment, before leaning back.

" Let me go fetch the others and then we can go." I nod, smiling when he pecks my lips.

" I'll be right back." I get in fully and let him close the door.

I watch him walk away before I take out my phone. I switch on his playlist before I start scrolling through my phone. Roman returns later with Sam carrying a very drunk Avery, who makes me laugh when she starts singing so loud.

It doesn't take long through the drive when Avery falls asleep, snoring so loud. Roman stops on the way to get a few things, including advil and some late night snacks for us.

When we reach home, Sam carries Avery up to my room while Roman and I, relax on the couch.

" Did you have fun tonight?" He asks me.

" Yes I did, with you there."

" No one bothered you right?" I shake my head no.

" They wouldn't dare, knowing who I belong to."

" That's right." He says leaning in close.

" Hazel!" In the midst of our lips connecting, we hear Avery calling.

Roman groans in protest.

Looking up towards the stairs, I see Avery standing there. " I thought we were going to talk!" She whines.

" I'm coming!"

" Well c-come on and bring some snacks too. Oh and I'm kicking Sam out, so no boys!" She says, turning back around and walking back to my room, almost crashing into the wall.

" Tell me she's kidding right?" Roman frowns.

" It'll only be for an hour before she falls asleep." I peck his lips before getting off the couch.

" An hour, that's it." He grumbles.

" Sam's here. You two can watch the game and have some guy chat or something." I pick up my shoes before heading up to my room.

" You owe me some Romy time!"

" Not a chance O'Connor!"

" You'll regret those words Lovett!"

******

An hour turns into more then that, with Avery. She had been the one doing most of the talking and I had to listen. I didn't know she had so many stories stored up, for me to hear.

At some point through the night, she fell asleep and I was on my way, to doing the same when I heard the door crack open. My eyes snapped open and I saw Roman, coming in.

" An hour huh?" He raises his brow at me.

" It's not my fault." He shakes his head, amusedly looking at us.

Avery literally has her arm and leg wrapped around me, her head resting on my back and snoring like nobody's business. Roman comes over to help me up but she tightens her grip and damn, the girl has a strong grip.

Roman frowns when he tries again but no luck.

" I don't think she's letting go anytime soon."

He crouches down to my level.

" I don't think I like her very much right now." I let out a small laugh, seeing the look on his face.

" Stop being a meany. She likes my company."

" I like your company too."

" Well you'll have to sleep without it today." He gives me a look but I smile at him.

He sighs before leaning in and kissing me. He bids me goodnight before leaving.

" I should have known this would happen." Sam says, standing by the door.

" What, that your girl turns into a wrestler at times like these?"

" Nope, that she'd talk your ear off." He says. " But I see that we have to add that too."

" She kicked you out too, sorry."

He waves it off." No worries, the couch is calling my name anyway. And before you say anything, I turned down Roman's offer of taking his room. It wouldn't be fair on him, it's his place."

He walks over to the bed and kisses Avery's temple before walking out, saying goodbye along the way.

I relax and close my eyes.

My phone suddenly rings, forcing my eyes to open. I notice that it's a video call from none other then Roman.

" I don't think there is anyone more dramatic then you. "

" I miss you already." He pouts at me.

" But I'm right next door."

" It's not the same and you know it." He grumbles.

" Goodnight Roman." I wave my hand, blowing a kiss at him before hanging up.

I shake my head, letting out a laugh.

Oh Roman......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.3K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
7.2K 253 14
a guy who has nothing to live for. a girl destined to become his everything หšสšโ™กษžหš he's quiet, he prefers silence, he keeps to his own company, he doe...
2M 47.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
551K 11.7K 26
As a result of past trauma, Lucy, a hardworking nurse, has kept herself in a safe bubble, only letting her closest friends in. She knows she needs to...