The Business Man's Family (Wa...

Od angel48183

Valeria Powers is the youngest child of Lacey and Vincent Powers. She decides to follow her father into the b... Více

The businessman's family
Grocery shopping
The surgery
Recovery
Compassion
Treatment
Hair loss
Heart to heart conversation
Headpiece
Surprise
Discovery
Festival
Control
Hide and seek
Confession
Understanding
Falling
Taking a leap
Take this heart
Growing closer
Planning
Hope
Investigation
A day out
Reflections
Reunion
Angel's lullaby
All the ways
Ringing the bell
Preparing for a wedding
Landon and Quinn's wedding
The next day
Thankful
A Christmas of hope
Surprise
Pregnancy
A year later
Happily ever after
A meeting of two different, similar worlds

Returning to work

4.7K 321 55
Od angel48183

Valeria

I returned to work with a new agreement from Dad. I didn't want special treatment but knew my boundaries. Doctor appointments were mandatory. I received an assistant and worked with Dad closely. He guided me with business acquisitions while monitoring contracts.

I sat at my desk, working on a business deal when I heard a knock at my door. I looked up from the computer screen to see Dad standing there.

"Valeria, I scheduled an interview with your new assistant. I require your presence," Dad informed me.

"Dad, I declined your offer," I reminded Dad.

"It's non-negotiable," Dad replied as I sighed. He turned and left as I sat in my chair. I learned not to argue with Dad about his offers. An argument got me nowhere except for a difficult time.

I stood up and followed Dad to a conference room, then sat down. He sat down in a chair next to mine, and Sylvia showed the person to the conference room. It stunned me when I saw who it was.

"Please, sit, Mr. O'Brien," Dad told Cameron, who sat in a chair across from Dad.

I sat there, watching Dad as he opened a folder and pulled out a contract. He placed it on the table and slid it over to Cameron.

"I drafted a contract regarding your position with the company. If you read 5B regarding duties, it states that you report to Valeria Powers and excite all tasks required. I expect you to understand the requirements of the job?" Dad questioned Cameron.

"Yes, sir," Cameron answered.

"Furthermore, I included clauses in your contract. They state the following: you make sure Valeria meets her appointments, that she doesn't give excuses regarding said appointments," Dad explained, shooting me a knowing look.

I rolled my eyes. I'm an adult, not a child. I know how vital my doctor appointments are with my recovery.

"You act as Valeria's assistant and bodyguard, making sure she doesn't overwork and reduces stress," Dad added.

"I think I have a way to help Miss Powers reduce stress," Cameron mentioned. Dad arched an eyebrow at Cameron as I shook my head. Cameron smiled.

"If you defile my daughter, you endure a difficult existence," Dad warned Cameron.

Cameron's smile disappeared.

"I do believe that this new arrangement suits Valeria's situation," Dad mentioned.

"Yes, sir," Cameron answered.

"Please read the contract and sign," Dad ordered Cameron.

Cameron read the entire contract before signing it - smart man. He slid the contract back to Dad as I sat there curiously. Dad placed the paperwork back into the folder and left. I looked at Cameron.

"Your dad offered me a position as your assistant/bodyguard. He figured you need help. I thought I would keep you focused," Cameron mentioned.

"Oh, did you?" I questioned.

Cameron stood up and walked over to me. He swiveled my chair to face him as he leaned on the armrests.

"Yes, I did," Cameron said, making my heart race. When you spend enough time with someone, you become accustomed to their flirty nature.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked.

Cameron smiled as I looked at him inquisitively.

*******
Cameron

I dragged Valeria out of the conference room and down the hall as we passed people, including Vincent. He stopped and watched us.

"Valeria needs a break," I said, walking past Vincent, who chuckled.

"Cameron! I'm not a child!" Valeria yelled, fighting me.

"Then stop acting like one," I responded.

We stepped onto the elevator, and I pushed the button to close the doors. I stood there as Valeria pouted.

"You can pout all you want, but it won't work," I mentioned.

"Then tell me where you're taking me," Valeria demanded.

"Nope, you have to wait," I replied, pissing Valeria off.

"Cameron, I have work to do. As my assistant, I demand you take me back," Valeria ordered me.

I glanced at Valeria. "When has demanding ever worked with me?" I questioned.

Valeria looked at me as I gave her a knowing look.

"Please take me back," Valeria begged.

"No," I answered.

Valeria sighed and conceded defeat. The elevator doors opened, and we stepped off, walking to the car. We got in, and I pulled out, driving to a destination. It was something I planned since Vincent's conversation with me.

I pulled into a driveway and parked the car, getting out of it. I stood in front of a house as Valeria emerged from the vehicle. She walked over to me and stood there. Our breaths showed in the crisp air. I walked to the front door and turned the handle as Valeria followed me.

Once inside, I closed the door. Valeria looked around the house, then looked at me.

"Where are we?" Valeria asked me.

I looked at Valeria. "I thought you needed a home. Well, we needed a home," I mentioned, surprising Valeria.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" Valeria asked me.

"I figure it's better than a hotel. Plus, I enjoy waking up next to you and handling Charlotte. I know how fussy you get with spiders," I retorted.

Valeria gave me an unamused look and shook her head. I chuckled.

"What if I don't want to live with you? You might have cooties," Valeri informed me.

I walked over to Valeria and wrapped my arms around her, then pulled her close to me.

"You didn't think I had cooties the first time we made love," I responded, making Valeria blush. I smirked.

*******
Valeria

I pulled away from Cameron, walking through the house, looking at it. It wasn't the same size as my parent's house, but it was cozy and spacious. It had a living room, dining room, and kitchen. There was a half bath on the first floor.

I went up the stairs to the second level and found four bedrooms, a bathroom, and the master bedroom had a bathroom. I walked over to the window in the master bedroom and looked out to see a spacious yard.

I felt arms wrap around my waist. I stood there, admiring the view.

"What do you think?" Cameron asked me.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

Cameron removed his arms and turned me to face him. He noticed my tear streak cheeks. "What's wrong?" Cameron asked me with concern.

"I never had someone want to make a life with me," I said, shrugging.

"That's because we were stubborn to see what was in front of us," Cameron mentioned.

"You want a life with me?" I questioned.

Cameron took my hands in his and held them. "I want everything with you," he answered.

"I can't produce children," I reminded Cameron.

"It doesn't matter. We'll adopt," Cameron replied.

"I'm stubborn and demanding," I warned.

"I noticed," Cameron mentioned.

"I have my father's temper," I added.

"I have my dad's understanding," Cameron countered.

"There are days that I'll drive you insane," I said.

"You already drive me insane. I think I can handle some nutty days," Cameron reasoned, smiling.

I looked at Cameron and smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him. He pulled me close, deepening the kiss.

We broke from our kiss, and I hugged Cameron. With Richard, I settled for deceit and no love. I thought I didn't need love in my life, then one day, I faced a battle alone. I figure if the treatment didn't work and I died, then I didn't have anyone to leave behind with my death.

That changed with Cameron. The boy I grew up with, and competed with, turned out to be the person I needed. He showed me love, kindness, and compassion. He took care of me when I was a mess and never judged me. He did the one thing Richard could never offer. He gave me unconditional love without strings attached.

Who doesn't want that kind of love?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

The Arrangement Od ☆

Mystery / Thriller

473K 10.3K 48
𝟏𝟖+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...
46.9K 2.8K 48
Divya Singh: Owner of Nalini enterprise. Fierce, stubborn, loving (until provoked) Whipped his life. ; Aryan Malik: Owner of Malik corporation. Dang...
1M 47.5K 40
Lacey never planned on breaking rule number two, but she did. When she signed a contract with Vincent Powers, she never expected it to fall in love w...
780K 19.8K 41
Twenty-three year old Anastasia "Stacey" Marks starts working as a secretary at Havens Enterprise. She falls for her attractive yet harsh boss, Vince...