The Business Man's Family (Wa...

By angel48183

Valeria Powers is the youngest child of Lacey and Vincent Powers. She decides to follow her father into the b... More

The businessman's family
Grocery shopping
The surgery
Recovery
Compassion
Treatment
Hair loss
Heart to heart conversation
Headpiece
Surprise
Discovery
Festival
Control
Hide and seek
Confession
Understanding
Falling
Taking a leap
Take this heart
Growing closer
Planning
Hope
Investigation
A day out
Reflections
Reunion
Angel's lullaby
All the ways
Ringing the bell
Preparing for a wedding
The next day
Thankful
A Christmas of hope
Returning to work
Surprise
Pregnancy
A year later
Happily ever after
A meeting of two different, similar worlds

Landon and Quinn's wedding

5K 340 80
By angel48183

Valeria

The night before the wedding, Lexie, Quinn, Emilia, Emmy, and Gretchen stayed the night at the house. While Dad spent time with Landon, Cruz, Joe, Asher, Bradley, and Santino, Jason and Sergio were on babysitting duties. Katelynn, Ryan, and Noah were handling last-minute items for the reception.

We sat around the living room floor, and I worked on the bandana that Cameron made me. I replaced the jewels that fell off so that I could wear it tomorrow.

"Honey, what are you doing?" Mom asked me, pointing to the bandana.

"I'm fixing the bandana that Cameron made me," I answered, focusing on what I was doing as everyone watched me. I didn't hear Dad come in through the back door.

"What about the headpiece that's your dad bought for you?" Mom inquired.

"It's lovely, but Cameron made this for me after my hair fell out. He said I should look like a queen because that's what I was. I know people might laugh, but it means something to me," I answered as Mom looked at me with surprise.

"Cameron always found unique ways to make people happy," Emmy mentioned.

I looked at Emmy curiously.

"Cameron would make me these crazy things as gifts. One time, he made me a mud pie for my birthday," Emmy said.

"You didn't eat it, did you?" Gretchen asked.

"Oh, God, no. I pretended to eat it, then threw out the back door, smacking Cruz in the face with it," Emmy said, making us laugh.

"Yeah, I remember that," Cruz whispered to Dad, rolling his eyes.

"Well, the women seem to have everything under control. Let's finish up for tomorrow," Dad whispered as he and Cruz left.

I finished the bandana and smiled. I managed to replace the jewels with other ones and get them ready for tomorrow. I didn't care if the bandana looked ridiculous. I would wear it with honors.

********
The next day, I awoke. Mom checked on me as I rubbed my eyes.

"Come downstairs and have breakfast before you get ready for the wedding," Mom suggested.

"Okay," I yawned, standing up, then lost my balance.

Mom helped me as I stood there for a minute.

"Valeria?" Mom asked with concern.

"I'm okay. I felt a little light-headed. It happens from time to time. The doctor explained that my body was recovering from treatment," I answered.

Mom nodded and helped me downstairs. We walked into the kitchen, and I sat down as everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look a little pale," Lexie mentioned.

"After I eat, I'll feel better," I reasoned.

Mom set a plate of food in front of me. I started eating, and I felt better. My color returned. I didn't finish my meal since my stomach shrank from not wanting to eat. Mom handed me some medication to take.

After breakfast, we went upstairs to shower and dress. I showered, then put on my dress. I added a little makeup to cover up the thinning of my face. Then I put Cameron's bandana on my head.

Mom checked on me. "Ready?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered as I followed her out of the bathroom and downstairs. Dad was waiting for us. I walked over to him. "I hope you don't mind that I didn't wear the headpiece you bought me."

"It doesn't matter. You look beautiful," Dad complimented me.

I smiled as we left the house and walked to two limos waiting out front for us to take us to the church. We arrived and made our way to the room to wait until it was time. I was happy that I could be here for Landon's wedding. I'm glad that he waited for me.

Someone knocked on the door and opened it. We saw Joe standing there. "Ladies, it's time," Joe announced.

We grabbed our bouquets and left the room, making our way to our places. Dad escorted Mom. Cruz escorted Gretchen. Next was Asher and me, then Lexie and Santino. We walked to the front and stood up as Joe emerged with Quinn, escorting her to Landon.

When Joe and Quinn arrived at the alter, Joe placed Quinn's hand into Landon's side; then, we faced the minister. I stood there as the minister conducted the ceremony.

Landon and Quinn turned to each other and recited their vows.

"Quinn, when I met you, I never thought one day we would stand in front of our family and friends getting married. Meeting you was a chance, finding you again was hope, but loving you was destiny. People say that you marry your best friend and I believe that. I get to marry my love, partner, and best friend," Landon said.

"Landon, you never made me feel different from others. You didn't see me for material items but saw me. Meeting you was a chance, finding you again was hope, but loving you was destiny. Thanks to my best friend, I found a family and you. I get to marry my love, partner, and best friend," Quinn replied, smiling.

Landon and Quinn faced the minister as he finished the ceremony.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the minister informed Landon.

We watched as Landon pulled Quinn to him and kissed her. We clapped as they shared their first kiss as husband and wife. They turned and faced everyone.

"Now that I can stop feeling like a nervous wreck; let's celebrate," Landon announced, making us laugh.

Quinn and Landon left first as the rest of us followed them. We left the church and got into the limos, making our way to the reception hall. We pulled up and got out, making our way inside it. A DJ announced us as we entered, and people clapped.

We made our way to the head table as Lexie and Asher gave their speeches. Lexie went first.

"When I met Quinn, I thought cool. What I didn't think was cool that she made eyes at my little brother," Lexie said, making people laugh. "But I'm glad that she did because not only did Landon find happiness, but now Quinn is mine and Valeria's sister. Cheers," Lexie toasted as we sipped our drinks.

Asher went next. "Okay, I can't top that, but when I met Landon, I hit on his sister. Yeah, she's not my type," Asher said, making everyone laugh. "But when we ran into each other later, I never thought Landon and I wouldn't be best friends, but brothers. If Quinn doesn't try to knock my head off with a baseball bat, then we're good. Cheers," Asher toasted as we sipped again.

The servers brought out food to us, and I ate, then Quinn and Landon shared their first dance. Others followed suit as I declined Asher's offer to dance. I knew he wanted to dance with Bradley.

I sat there at the table, watching people dance. It was lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves. I didn't think I would make it to this point, but I did. I sat there, thinking about the past six months.

"Would you like to dance?" I heard someone ask.

I looked to see Dad standing there, holding out his hand to me.

"Dad, you don't have to ask me to dance. I'm okay with sitting alone," I reasoned.

"No, I don't, but I want to dance with my princess," Dad replied, smiling.

I placed my hand in his, and Dad led me to the dance floor. Dad danced with me as I put a hand on his shoulder while he held my other one, placing a hand on my lower back.

"Are you having fun?" Dad asked me.

"Mostly," I answered, shrugging.

"But you would have more fun if someone else was here," Dad mentioned.

I gave my dad a look and rolled my eyes. "I learned that sometimes things don't work out for a reason, and I'm okay with that," I reasoned.

"Interesting," Dad said, twirling me and bringing me back. "I figure you would want the moon and not the stars."

I looked at my dad strangely. "What do you mean?" I asked, confused with his comment.

Dad leaned in and whispered, "Sometimes, after we shoot for the stars, we reach the moon." Dad turned me so that my back was to him. I saw people parted, and my eyes widened, seeing Cameron standing there in a tuxedo. I glanced at Dad. "I gave you the stars; now I can give you the moon."

I turned to see Cameron walked towards me. Dad released me as he walked away. I stood there, staring at Cameron.

"So, I had a meeting with your dad, and he offered an interesting deal. According to his terms, if I screw this up, I won't ever walk again," Cameron said, smirking.

"Well, my dad is a ruthless businessman. I think you should accept his deal," I reasoned.

"Your dad makes an offer that's difficult to refuse. See, he hired me as a bodyguard for this difficult woman who I disliked," Cameron informed me.

"Oh, he did, did he?" I questioned, acting offended.

"Yes, then I watched the woman fight and made a promise to help her fight," Cameron added.

"Funny, considering that bodyguard broke his promise," I mentioned.

"But I didn't because I knew that the woman's family would continue to help her fight because she's stubborn and didn't tell them. Sometimes a daughter needs her father because the father needs the daughter too," Cameron responded.

I looked at Cameron as he reached up and brushed the back of the hand against my cheek.

"Plus, the woman told me that she loves me. What the woman doesn't know is that I told her first," Cameron said, surprising me.

"What?" I asked.

"The night we made love for the first time, I told you that I loved you, but you were asleep," Cameron confessed.

I couldn't help but smile. Cameron pulled me to him and danced with me.

"I can't believe you still wear the bandana I made you. Why?" Cameron questioned.

"Because it meant something to me, since the person I love made it," I admitted.

"It looks perfect," Cameron told me. I smiled, and he leaned in, then kissed me. I let go of his hand and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

Mom walked over to Dad and Cruz. "Well, Mr. Powers, I see you learned from previous mistakes," Mom mentioned.

"Mrs. Powers, I had an extraordinary teacher who once told me that sometimes you need to chasing the stars when the moon is in front of you," Dad informed Mom, who smiled. They watched Cameron, and I danced.

Sometimes you need to realize that one day, you'll wake up knowing that you missed the moon while chasing the stars. Cancer took much from me, but it led me to understand that business is business, but love is love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 156K 47
*I advised reader discretion on this book* There are two rules to being an escort. Rule #1: Do whatever the client wants. Rule #2: Do not fall in l...
608K 30.1K 40
With everything that has happened, Lacey and Vincent are able to finally begin a new chapter in their lives together as husband and wife. After final...
1M 47.5K 40
Lacey never planned on breaking rule number two, but she did. When she signed a contract with Vincent Powers, she never expected it to fall in love w...
170K 11.9K 40
There are two rules to being an exotic dancer. Rule 1: Keep the customers happy no matter what. Rule 2: Keep your mouth shut. Landon Powers can't...