The Older Potter // HP Older...

By Ilvermornist

Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Mag... More

Part 1
TRAILER
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121

107

1.7K 87 40
By Ilvermornist

C H A P T E R  107

Marcus could not calm down. He sat there in the Hospital Wing, mind racing. Madam Pomfrey had tended to his wound and would heal 100% in a week or two. He hated that he had to stay there and had no idea what was going on with Moody and if his cover had been blown.

This was his worst nightmare. His insides started to shake and quench at the thought of his father's reaction when he would find out that he failed. He completely failed. But it's not like he could monitor Samantha's every move and know her every thought. And he for sure was not going to jeopardize his relationship with her by being overbearing and clingy. He hated being in this position. He hated that there were outside factors affecting how he felt and his actions. A part of him was starting to wonder if everything that was happening between them was all worth it or maybe even a sign. One thing Marcus did know that a big decision would have to be made and soon.

His green eyes stared at the door, waiting for Samantha to walk in and hopefully give some type of news that Moody's cover was not blown. He knew what his father and his friends were capable of and his heart sank.

It had been an hour since Marcus arrived here and each minute passed slower and slower. Madam Pomfrey then emerged from her office with another potion. "Here, drink this. You need rest as the wound was very draining and rest will be replenishing."

She handed Marcus the dark purple vile and he took it but he did not drink it. He could not be knocked out for the rest of the day when he had to know what was going on in Dumbledore's office.

"Drink, Mr. Flint," Madam Pomfrey demanded. "You will feel better. I can see you're in pain and after resting, you'll feel better."

Marcus indeed still felt some stinging and clenched his teeth in annoyance. Even though he no longer was attending Hogwarts, when he walked the halls and sat in this bed it felt like old times.

"Fine," he grumbled and then sighed. He drank the vile and got comfy in the bed. Whatever what was going on in that room, he would find out eventually.

• • • • •

"Please, Madam Pomfrey?" Samantha pleaded. "He's been asleep for hours, let me wake him up. It's already after dinner."

Samantha had walked into the Hospital Wing earlier after the dumpster fire that was Barty Crouch Jr acting like Mad Eye Moody situation concluded and found Marcus asleep and would be for the next few hours.

Madam Pomfrey looked over at Marcus and then back at Samantha who was looking at her with pleading eyes, eyes that resembled James Potter far too well. "Ok, but don't stay too late."

"Thank you," Samantha spoke with a wide smile and then headed over to his bed.

She sat down at the edge and looked over at him. Marcus was lying on his back with arms crossed and taking slow breaths. His mouth was slightly parted and eyebrows slightly furrowed. Samantha concluded Marcus was far too cute sleeping and was debating if she should ruin his peace. After a few moments in thought, she decided to ruin his peace.

Leaning forward, she cupped his bearded jaw and decided to wake him with a kiss. She gently pressed her lips against his. Within a few moments, he started to stir and Samantha pulled away. Marcus fluttered his eyes open and smiled when seeing Samantha.

"What a good way to wake up, not a bad sight either," Marcus spoke in a soft and sleepy tone. Then realization dawned on him and Marcus sat up a bit. "So what happened with Mad Eye?"

"Get this..."

Samantha then started telling Marcus what happened and the story Barty Crouch Jr shared. "So he'll be put on trial in a few days. Dumbledore had contacted Fudge who almost fainted when he saw Barty Crouch Jr. Fudge then contacted Barty Crouch Sr and that was a mad sight to see. Barty Sr actually did faint and it took a bit of time to wake him and explain what was going on. Hopefully the Daily Prophet doesn't catch wind of the situation before the trial. Harry and I were requested to go as witnesses and to fill in parts of the story."

"Wow," Marcus breathed. "So where does that leave Mad Eye and the Tournament? Is it cancelled?"

"Well then Ludo Bagman was contacted and said the tournament has no reason to be cancelled and should continue as planned so that's what was decided. The real Mad Eye was in his office being stowed away and then was taken to St. Mungo's. He'll be ok after a lot of restrengthening."

"So then who is teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts and what excuse is Dumbledore going to use?"

Samantha frowned slightly. "Snape is apparently going to take over for the majority, all of staff was informed of the story...Yeah a lot went on over the last few hours," Samantha finished with when noticing Marcus' raised eyebrows. "I'm pretty sure Dumbledore is going to say something like Mad Eye got requested for an assignment or something like that. Plan is to have Snape and possibly McGonagall teach until the real Mad Eye is up to full health and if he even wants to come and finish the rest of the year. Right now, it's a big mess and a lot going on."

"How do you feel?" Marcus asked.

"Slightly overwhelmed. I took a breather before with Harry before coming here and we talked about...what could've happened," she said. "It's wild to think what could've gone on during that Third task you know? Voldemort returning and who knows."

Marcus gulped and then looked away. "Maybe you should get some more rest, you look and sound exhausted."

Samantha nodded. "You're right. It really has been a long day. The fact that the second task was this morning is crazy to think about. Will I see you tomorrow?"

"Hopefully, if I get some rest, according to Madam Pomfrey."

"Then I shall leave at once so you can be in tip top shape tomorrow," Samantha said standing up.

"What, you're not going to say goodnight?" Marcus asked, looking up at her.

"Goodnight."

"And?"

Samantha started to grin. "If you insist." She leaned down and gave him a quick kiss. With one last wave, Samantha walked out of the Hospital Wing.

Marcus layed back down and sighed. There was no spark in that kiss. The dread coming from what was going to happen to him had drained practically most of his emotions and his feelings. The thought of possibly a happy future with Samantha was drifting away.

• • • • •

"Good morning, everyone!" Dumbledore spoke as he stood up before breakfast had started the next morning. "I have an announcement to make. Professor Moody will be taking a leave of absence for most likely the rest of term. Details are still being figured out so sit tight and an explanation will be given soon. Professor Snape will be taking up years 4-7 while Professor McGonagall will be taking up years 1-3. That is all, have a great rest of your day and ask your head of house if there are any questions."

As soon as Dumbledore sat down, the Great Hall immediately broke out into conversations about what could've happened to Moody. Fred and George instantly looked at Samantha with narrowed and expectant eyes.

"Alright spill," George demanded and pointed at her with his fork.

Samantha eyed it and rolled her eyes. She reached out for the fork and grabbed it from George. "Why are you assuming I know something about this?"

Everyone around her scoffed very loudly which attracted the attention of a few Ravenclaws from the table over. Samantha pouted in annoyance and muttered "rude" under her breath.

"Because you're a Potter--" George started.

"And always causing trouble," Lee added.

Samantha rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms. After a few moments of her friends looking at her, Samantha huffed. "Ok fine, yes ok, you're all right. I do know something about this."

They all whooped in celebration and looked at Samantha expectantly.

"See, I told you all," George said snidely.

Samantha stuck her tongue out at him. "I will tell you all, but not here. It's actually an extensive story. Let's wait until after breakfast, everyone has free period right?"

They all nodded and went back to their breakfast.

"You all know what I'm happy about?" Fred spoke.

"The omelette you're eating?" Angelina asked. "Because it's all over your mouth," she said and then reached across the table and wiped a spare piece of egg from the side of his lip.

Everyone watched on in amusement while Fred's cheeks started to redden. Angelina paid no mind to everyone practically gawking at her for displaying a small bit of public affection.

"So what are you happy about then, Fred?" Alicia asked, turning the attention back to Fred's original question.

"Right," Fred uttered and cleared his throat. "Quidditch, that's what. We've been practicing this whole second term and matches can finally resume now that the second task is over."

Samantha let out a blissful sigh. "Ah yes Quidditch. I cannot wait to crush Slytherin next weekend. Since they crushed Hufflepuff and we crushed Ravenclaw, when we win we'll be shoo ins for the Championship."

"Exactly," Fred agreed. "We'll take home the cup in back to back years. We still have practice tonight right?"

"Yup."

"Don't we have a Hogsmeade visit this weekend?" Alicia asked. "It's been a while since we've gone."

Angelina thought for a moment. "Yeah I believe we do. We should all go as a friend group."

"Don't we always though?" Lee asked.

"Yes but sometimes we'll break away for other people. Let's hang out just us six, like old times."

Everyone nodded and agreed.

• • • • •

"I will tell you all about it when I get back," Samantha said to Marcus a few days later who was still in the Hospital Wing. After much persistence, he was finally leaving the next day.

"Good and don't worry, everything will be fine. You're practically a pro now at being a witness in a courtroom," Marcus responded, trying to stay as calm as possible. Once the trial was over tomorrow, the Daily Prophet would reveal what happened, and his dad would find out. Marcus was actually surprised that his dad hasn't found out by now. Lucius must have caught wind at the Ministry and told his father straight away.

Samantha smiled slightly. "Thanks but it's still a bit nerve racking. Everyone is staring at you and you have to make sure you say every part of your story the first time or you'll sound confusing."

Marcus took Samantha's hand and squeezed it. "You better go, don't want to keep Dumbledore waiting."

She bid him goodbye and set off for Dumbledore's office with her bag. He set up for her and Harry to travel to Grimmauld Place by Floo where they would stay the night and Sirius could bring them to the trial the following day. She walked down the hall and spotted Harry not too far ahead. They reached the gargoyle and Samantha paused for a moment.

"McGonagall told me yesterday. Pumpkin Pasties," she said and the gargoyle started to move.

They walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Inside there was Dumbledore standing next to the fireplace. "Ready to go?"

"As we'll ever be, I guess," Samantha spoke.

"Before you both go," Dumbledore started. "I just wanted to make sure you are ok. I'm sure making that revelation was very shocking and overwhelming, as well as thinking about what could've happened in the third task. I wanted to assure you're feeling fine and to also apologize. To think I was not able to protect my students and it is the worst feeling. Harry, I feel like I've let you down."

Samantha and Harry glanced at each other for a second and raised their eyebrows in shock.

"Thank--thank you, Professor. That really means a lot," Harry said with a smile. "It's been a strange and stressful year but at least I'm glad we got to the bottom of this before...something else happened."

"Right. And I want to reassure you, Professor, that both Harry and I are very appreciative of everything you have done for us," Samantha added.

Dumbledore smiled. "Thank you both. Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it. I will meet up with you tomorrow in the courtrooms at ten."

"Great," Harry said. "Even though this is the best of circumstance, I am kind of excited to sit in on my first trial."

"They are actually quite interesting and very dramatic, at least Sirius' was. I don't doubt this one will be either," Samantha spoke.

Dumbledore chuckled lightly. "I'm sure there will be lots of drama and shocked faces. Sirius is waiting for you both."

"Thank you, Professor," Harry and Samantha both said as Harry went in first.

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place!" Harry exclaimed and then disappeared.

Samantha followed suit and disappeared into the flames. A second late she emerged into the gloomy drawing room of Grimmauld Place.

"Hello hello!" Sirius spoke brightly as he helped Samantha up.

"Hi Sirius," she responded and wiped some dirt off her jeans.

"Welcome back home," Sirius said and took her trunk. "Even though it's under unusual circumstances. I almost fainted when Albus explained everything to me. Remus had to pour me a glass of Firewhiskey afterwards while Tonks had to fan my face. Samantha, I cannot believe you pieced this together."

They sat down in the library after Sirius went up to put their trunks in their respective rooms.

"Yeah, it was very overwhelming but Harry and I were able to put together the clues from situations and I finally wanted to see for myself."

"That could've been very dangerous though if you were caught," Sirius added.

"I know I know but I had to find out. I felt like Harry and I were talking in circles and we needed to have evidence," Samantha answered.

"Yes but still--"

Two voices cut Sirius off. "Sirius?" Remus asked. "Are Samantha and Harry here yet?"

"Yeah! I need some quality girl time!" Tonks' added which made Samantha laugh.

"Come into the library and find out you two!" Sirius cried out.

Moments later Remus and Tonks walked into the library and held out their arms for hugs. Samantha and Harry stood up for the greeting and all five sat down, like a family.

They spent some time talking about the trial and Samantha Harry filled them in on some details Dumbledore may have missed. They also filled them in on some more details from the second task.

"Man I wish we could've had this tournament when I was in school. I would've loved to investigate the Black Lake," Sirius said.

"Didn't you say the tournament was dangerous earlier?" Samantha asked.

Sirius shrugged. "Yes but my opinion has changed after seeing all of the cool things you guys get to do. I wonder what the third task is going to be."

"Cool?" Samantha cried. "You think going up against a dragon and spending an hour fighting off odd creatures in a cold lake is cool?"

"I mean Charlie hangs out with dragons all the time, we all hear his excited stories," Sirius continued.

"But he doesn't actually go up against them. He cares for them," Samantha said.

Tonks cut in. "I think now is a good time to disperse. I'm sure Samantha wants some girl time and I'm sure you three want some quality male bonding."

Harry laughed. "Exactly."

Samantha and Tonks stood up and headed into the kitchen to sit at the table. "Thank goodness you're back. I can only handle so much of those two."

"Now now, I'm sure you'd love some alone time with Remus, just kick Sirius out," Samantha said.

"Of his own home?"

"He'd understand. You both are very important. I'm sure he'd love to see you crack on. So how has it been?"

Tonks sighed. "It's been a bit...better. I definitely feel like he's been holding back though."

"Still? It's been months since I hinted to follow his heart and get over it," Samantha grumbled.

"I have a theory but it seems a little teenage," Tonks said. Samantha gestured her to continue. "Well every time I feel like Remus and I are getting closer and that he might make a move, he pulls away and acts like we aren't even friends. We're going in circles and there's no positive way out."

"Interesting."

"But the real interesting part is that I realized it's always when Charlie comes back to visit. He's been back a lot more frequently these past months because of the tournament and the World Cup before that. So I am convinced Remus is jealous which sounds teenage but it's the information I've gathered and I think it makes sense," Tonks explained.

"Have you kept reassuring Remus that you're just close friends with Charlie? And that nothing is going to happen with you two?"

"Not directly...but Remus hasn't really given me the chance because he becomes distant."

"Maybe try and reassure Remus before Charlie comes? Try and do damage control before he enters this cycle again? When is Charlie coming back? Not until the third task right? You have a few months to make a whole ton of progress."

Tonks sighed. "You didn't hear this from me because its supposed to be on the down low, but Charlie is actually coming back for another quick visit next weekend. He'll be at Hogwarts for your Quidditch match. He wrote to me last week because he wanted to know if he could stay here, which could make this Remus situation worse."

"Why? He's never travelled all this way to watch us play before?"

"He didn't give me many details. Only that it's some top secret mission sent to him from Dumbledore."

"That involves Quidditch? How odd."

Tonks nodded. "Tell me about it. I'm sure we'll find out next week when he arrives. I'm thinking about sneaking in to watch the match."

"Hey, I won't say anything. Well then maybe Remus can see that you and Charlie are just close friends up close and personal since he'll be staying here. Wait, I have another idea. Charlie is your best friend, why don't you confide in him your feelings and he can subtly tell Remus there's nothing going on between you two and that she is totally available if anyone is open."

"I don't know...that seems a bit...schemey if you ask me."

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Come on, Tonks. You and I both know guys are dumb and need all the help they can get to realize what's right in front of them. A scheme is always necessary and I am always happy to oblige."

Tonks smirked and then nodded. "You're right. I trust Charlie and I know he'll help in any way to see me happy."

"Exactly."

"So how are you and Marcus?"

Samantha smiled. "Good so far."

"Just good? It's been a few months, it has to be better than good."

"I mean...things are going well. I feel like I can't fully focus on our relationship because of other outside factors, like the tournament and now this Moody Barty Crouch situation. I feel like I've been stuck and it's like we can't go any deeper emotionally or mentally."

"But all of this will end soon," Tonks reassured.

"Will it though? I have feeling all of this is not going to end soon, and Marcus isn't exactly in the best group of people who are on our side. As much as I know him and what he stands for, sometimes you aren't always in control."

"So what are you saying then?"

"I like Marcus very much, but lately I've been wondering if we're not supposed to be together right now. Maybe when all of this is actually over, it'll be a better atmosphere. Plus he's going back to Durmstrang. I'm kind of nervous about long distance when it seems like every year brings some type of new and bigger danger. Voldemort could have returned in June and that means the start of a new war and that means Marcus could be dragged away to fight with his family."

"You don't think he'd break away to our side?" Tonks asked.

"As much as my heart says he would, who knows when the time comes," Samantha answered. "I don't know, I'm probably overthinking things."

"As much as you should trust your gut, also don't make any rash decisions until you're given an actual situation for Marcus to act. Then you can see his real intentions and where his head is at."

Samantha nodded. "You're right."

"Now you better go up and get some rest. Big day tomorrow."

"Right."

Very big

Hello!! Yes its been a few weeks but its been a crazy last few weeks. A lot of moving parts but I finally am in a more settled place. And I've built up a lot more motivation! Getting into a more interesting part of the plot so I am excited to write and share it with you! Updates are still infrequent but should be every few weeks!! Sorry for some grammatical errors if there are any, I really wanted to get this out so I didn't have time to really go back and edit.

Comment your thoughts and opinions!! You all know I love to hear what you guys think about current situations and future situations!!

Vote and follow to show your support! Voting only takes a second and means a lot to me!!

Love you always!

Until next time!

THE TRIAL IS NEXT!!

<3 Sam

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 14.7K 32
I don't own Harry potter it belongs to J.K.Rowling After her friends abndoned her in the summer after 4th year Hayley starts to question her life and...
128K 3.3K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
20.3K 874 37
Harry Potter starts off his Fourth Year going to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys, a happy reprieve from the torture that is the Dursleys. H...
44.6K 1.4K 27
'𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫.' After the sorting hat had sorted Anna Rowly into Gryffindor, breaking th...