𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜...

By Eddy622

(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which... More

°AUTHOR'S NOTE°
Review
°CAST°
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°
°51°
°52°
°53°
°Bonus Chapter°
Author's Note
Books Written By Edidiong

°13°

2.2K 521 171
By Eddy622

This chapter is dedicated to my dad. Happy birthday dad, love you infinity.

Above is a picture of Jeremiah's home.

Enjoy.

                      ~°~°~°~°~

I walked down the stairs with Dami, gisting about the senior pride coming a week before the swimming competition. Once at the foot of the stairs, Dami ditched me and headed straight to the living room. He sat on the couch, crossed both legs and grasped the DSTV remote at the little glass table, placed at the side of the couch he was sitting on.

Yea, this home was like Dami's second home. We've been best friends for a very very long time. I walked over to the kitchen, to see dad pouring a chill water into a cup.

"Welcome dad," I acknowledged, gaining his attention. Dad paused, the cup half way  to his lips.

"Son," He spoke out, before gulping down the contents from the class cup. "Where were you when I came home?"

"Up stairs," I pointed to the ceiling out of habit. "With Dami."

Father place the cup on the kitchen counter with a nod. "And how was school?"

"It was..." I chewed my lower lip, "Different."

Father gave a deep manly chuckle, before looking at me. "How so?"

I sighed. I wasn't sure if dad could give advice. I mean, he wasn't mum. Mum does the advising, while dad stayed really close to her, like she was his last breath or something.

"Well there's this girl," I began.

"There's always a girl," Dad's husky voice chuckled. He folded his arms below his chest, with keen interest. "So, are you catching feelings, or something?"

"Far dad," I replied dryly. "Way too far. You're literally moving ahead of yourself."

Dad shook his head in amusement. "Amongst all the traits you could have gotten from me, you chose to have my tongue."

"Like father like son, right?" I smiled. I looked up to my dad in everything he does. So I wasn't offended by his words. I wanted to be just like him.

"So what's the problem with you and this friend?" Dad enquired, resting his elbow on the kitchen island.

"She's not my friend," I replied dryly. "More like a girl that's in need of my help."

Dad furrowed his brows. "What's wrong in helping a class mate in need? You help Dami, all the time."

I exhaled loudly, feeling stressed out. "Her's different. It might involve some__" I stopped myself from speaking further. "Mother said I should ask myself if it's worth it. Once I've gotten my conclusion, that means I've gotten my answer."

"Then your mother is probably right." Father moved away from the kitchen island and walked towards me. He squeezed my left shoulder, before patting it gently. "Listen to your heart, I did just that."

Dad left me and walked out of the kitchen. "I'll be upstairs," He announced. "And Dami, get your feet off of my seventeen million dollars  glass table."

I walked into the living room, to see Dami gasping after my dad, whom was busing climbing the stairs.

"Gosh, it's worth that much?!" He exclaimed, hoping my dad heard him. I chuckled at Dami's behavior.

"Must you be so dramatic?" Dami shot be a deadly look.

Ding Dong!

"Abdul must have opened the gate," I informed Dami. "I'll go get it."

I walked over to the door and opened it. Right in front of me was uncle Okon, mother's younger brother.

"Mum! Uncle Okon's here!" I screamed really loud.

"That voice of yours," Uncle Okon chuckled. He patted me on the back and walked into the living room.

I was half Igbo and half Akwaibom. My dad happened to be an igbo man, who fell in love with his Akwaibom part-time house help aka mum. They got married, did their stuff and poof..... I came into existence.

"Uncle Okon," Dami got up and hugged him. Yeah, Dami being my childhood friend, literally knew everyone around me.

"Dami," Uncle Okon chuckled. "You've not changed."

We heard feet rushing down the stairs, which not surprisingly, belonged to mother.

"Thought I heard my brother!" Mother exclaimed half way down the stairs. She got down the flight of stairs and jumped on top of him, gifting him with series of kisses on his cheeks.

"Sister, come on." Typical uncle Okon muttered. Mother laughed and nudged him on his shoulder.

She began to look at every which way. "Where's your wife?"

Uncle Okon smiled sheepishly. "She couldn't  make it, cause she's pregnant."

Dami and I looked at each other, then took a step back, before covering our ears with our palms.

Wait for it.

"Ahhh!" Mum screeched, making the cook and the house help to look at her. Even dad had to rush to the sitting room, to check what's wrong.

"Your mother's being overly excited again?" Dad asked me with raised brows.

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'.

"I'm gonna be a Auntie," Mother shook dad's shoulder in excitement. "We're gonna have a niece or a nephew!"

Dad kissed mum's cheek, then stretched his hands towards uncle Okon. "You just proven yourself  to be a man."

Ding Dong!

"I'll get it," I said tirelessly, before dragging both feet to the door post. I came face to face with Uncle Gerald, Auntie Chidinma, Oge whom was busy playing Candy Crush on her mother's phone, and of course.....

"You look so handsome today, Jeremiah." Complemented Rachael.

"Thank you," I muttered, taking a step aside, so they could get into the house. Mum and auntie Chidinma, engrossed themselves with the talks of mum having a new niece or nephew. I didn't care much about the sex of the baby. All I wanted was a cousin.

Ding Dong!

I rejoiced happily in the inside of me. Rachael was attaching herself to me like she was some kind of nail. I wanted to move away from her. I moved to the door and opened it has always. A smile crawled up my lips, when I took note of the couples.

"Uncle Bolanle, Auntie Tessy." Auntie Tessy drew me close and pecked me on my forehead. Told you I had lots of aunts and uncles. All thanks to mum and dad.

I was about closing the door, when I noticed uncle Bolaji walking to the door. Uncle Bolaji didn't surprise me cause well, I was expecting him. What surprised me was the person walking beside him.

Femi.

"Uncle Bolaji, welcome." I greeted. But my eyes were set on Femi.

"Jeremiah, my boy. Looking bigger everytime I get to see you." Yeah, it had been long I have seen uncle Bolaji. But that was because he was busy with court and stuffs. After his wife brought the bomb shell of wanting to divorce him, he had always been limited.

"Bolaji," Dad called from his group of other friends. They were always calling themselves by their first name, every time they get to meet each other.

"Genesis," Bolaji walked up to him and dad gave him a bro hug and a pat on his back.

"How you holding up?" Dad asked with concern.

Uncle Bolaji shook his head sighing, "Let's just say, this little gathering is exactly what I needed.

Dad gave him another reassuring pat, before gazing at Femi. "Who's that?"

Uncle Bolaji turned to look at Femi, then back at dad. "That's my nephew, Femi. He's gonna be staying with me for the time being. Well, until he's done with his last year."

Dad walked up to Femi, and examined him. "So Femi, what school do you attend here?"

Femi hesitated a bit, before speaking. "Blossom High School."

"The best," Dad complemented  with a smile. "So you must know my son and his friend."

Femi's eyes moved from my father's, to Dami and I's. "Yes, yes I do."

"Come on people," Mother yelled at the dinner table, which broke the intense stare down between Femi and myself.

We all walked to the dinner table and secured a seat. Dad sat at the edge, while mum sat beside him. I sat close to mum, while Dami sat beside me.

The cook which was Benita, sarved the delicious looking meal on the dinner table, while Omoye helped out.

"My mouth's already watering," Commented Dami. Benita patted Dami in appreciation, before heading to the kitchen.

"So Femi," I spoke up. Femi glanced at me with raised brows. "What brought you to this part of town?"

Femi glared at me, but quickly hid it by clearing his throat. "Nothing."

"I don't believe that," My voice became low and very intimidating.

"Jeremiah," Mum scolded. "He's our guest."

"Come to think of it, Auntie Itoro." Dami placed his spoon on his plate and narrowed his eyes at Femi. "I'm kind of curious too."

The table was quiet as every adult stared at Dami and I, then at Femi. I knew the topic had gotten a hold of their interest.

Uncle Bolaji chuckled awkwardly, then drank some water from the glass cup beside him. "Femi was accused wrongly about...... Killing some girl___"

"But I didn't," Femi added quickly. Rachael whom happened to be sitting close to him, stared at him disgustingly.

"But he didn't." Uncle Bolaji completed. "But his parents decided it was best for him to live with me."

"So she died," Dad said, his attention on his meal. He hated talking about death so much.

"She did," Uncle Bolaji mumbled. "And people believed Femi pushed her into committing suicide."

"What a weirdo," Dami whispered into my ears. There was an uncomfortable silence, but I didn't mind it.

Mother coughed beside me. "What is this? A pity party?" Mum raised her glass of wine and tap it with her spoon. "This is meant to be a fun no judgemental, get together. So let's have fun."

"Preach girl," Auntie Chidinma added to mother's speech.

Happy talks filled the table once again, as no one noticed Femi and I's intensed gaze.

Eddy : Someone like Femi is related to Bolaji? Ugh! What are the odds.

So how do you see this chapter? Your votes and comments would go a long way.

Next update : Wednesday

Words : 1687

Till next time,

Adios

X
-Eddy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 11.7K 55
"Nevaeh you need to understand that life ain't a bed of roses. It has it's ups and downs but that doesn't mean you should blame God for that! Once in...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
178K 34.5K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
178K 55.3K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...