The Fake Boyfriend

By ChiinieBae

Jungkook just wanted to steal some expensive stuff from the apartment of the girl that he's been eyeing for a... More

Foreword
Prologue
TFB - 1
TFB - 2
TFB - 3
TFB - 4
TFB - 5
TFB - 6
TFB - 7
TFB - 8
TFB - 9
TFB - 10
TFB - 11
TFB - 12
TFB - 13
TFB - 14
TFB - 15
TFB - 16
TFB - 17
TFB - 18
TFB - 19
TFB - 20
TFB - 21
TFB - 22
TFB - 23
TFB - 24
TFB - 25
TFB - 26
TFB -27
TFB - 28
TFB - 29
TFB - 30
TFB - 31
TFB - 32
TFB - 33
TFB - 34
TFB - 35
TFB - 36
TFB - 37
TFB - 38
TFB - 39
TFB - 40
TFB - 41
TFB - 42
TFB - 44
TFB - 45
TFB - 46
TFB - 47
promotion
TFB - 48
TFB - 49
TFB - 50
TFB - 51
TFB - 52
TFB - 53
TFB - 54
TFB - 55
TFB - 56
TFB - 57: #LoveUnfolding
Chii's message
shameless plugging
announcement

TFB - 43

857 64 37
By ChiinieBae

"Thank you for the wonderful dinner, Mr. Jung." Jisoo said to their newest investor.

Mr. Jung Hoseok chuckles at Jisoo's formality. "Jisoo, how many times should I have tell you to call me Hoseok? I'm just two years older than you." He said with his blinding smile.

"Give her sometime. She's a bit shy to be friendly with our investors." Taehyung explains.

Hoseok nods in agreement. "I see. I'll just give it sometime then. It's a shame Chii couldn't join us." He said with a pout.

"It's okay. She can join us next time." She reassured.

Hoseok nods. "Yeah. Well then, I take my leave. See you guys some other times."

"Ah yes. Take care on your way, Mr. Jung." She said.

"I will. You too."

Jisoo and Taehyung waited for Hoseok to leave before they both walk to the parking lot where their cars, well parked.

"Drive safely, Ms. Kim." Taehyung said.

"A-ah yeah." She watch as Taehyung walks toward his car.

She let out a deep sigh. After their dinner that night, things between her and Taehyung became so tense and awkward. Taehyung tried so hard to avoid being alone with her and she somehow understand him but she can't help to feel irk because he is keeping her in the dark.

A notification from her phone took her attention away from her thoughts. She quickly took her phone from her pocket expecting a text message from Jungkook but she was greeted by a message from unknown number. She checked the content of the message and all she read is a link from an article. With curiousity running through her vein, she click the link and boy, did she regret ever clicking that link.

Photos of Jungkook and Gayeon together popped out of her phone. Her chest tighten as her breathing became heavy as she looked at every photo of Jungkook with that woman. From the fashion week until the kiss that the two shared in an empty park, every photo breaks her heart. She never felt more betrayed in her entire life. Jungkook never told her about Gayeon being at that gala in New York. He keep it from her.

"How could you, Jungkook?!" Her eyes are starting to watered from anger and betrayal that she felt.

"Miss Kim, you alright?" Taehyung asked when he notice the looked in Jisoo's face.

She ignored Taehyung's concerned voice and called the person who is responsible for the pain in her heart.

The phone rings twice before the person on the other line answer the call.

"Good morning my beautiful fiancé! Did you watched my guesting? Of course you do. Were you speechless of my answers and message?" Jisoo closed her eyes tightly and tilted her head up to stop herself from crying.

How could he act like everything's alright when he did something horrible? Doesn't he feel guilty?

"Love, you alright? Love, what's wrong? Are you--"

She took a deep, this isn't the time for her to break down and cry. She has to be strong. "Is it true?"

"What's true?"

She took a deep shaky breath before asking the same question for the second time. "Is it true?"

Please say it's not true. Please say it's not true.

"What are you talking about? Love, I don't have any idea what you're talking about."

"THE KISS!" Her voice raised, she's angry and she's obviously trying to stop herself from crying. "IS IT TRUE THAT YOU AND GAYEON KISSED?"

Please say no. Please say it isn't true. Please Jungkook, say no. She begs in her mind.

"H-how..." his voice trembles.

"Was it true? Jeon Jungkook. ANSWER ME!"

Please Jungkook, say no. Just say no. Please!

"ANSWER ME DAMMIT! ANSWER ME JEON JUNGKOOK!"

"J-Jisoo...I-I'm sorry..."

She tightly close her eyes as her world slowly crumbles down. Jungkook didn't deny it. It really was true. They kissed. The man who promised not to break her heart is currently breaking every fiber of her heart and soul.

"So, it is true. You kissed her." She chuckles but God knows how much she wanted to scream. She's hurt and angry.

"NO! That's not what I mean. Jisoo, It's not---"

"I hate you." She said with every pain in her heart and turn off her phone.

"JISOO!" Taehyung was quick to catch Jisoo's weak body.

"Jisoo, what happened?"

"It hurts." She said in between cries.

Taehyung's eyes widen, worried that Jisoo is in pain. "Where? Where does it hurt? Come on, I'll bring you to the hospital." He was about to carry her but she shook her head.

"No doctor can fix it." She weakly said, as if her entire strength was sipped out of her body.

Taehyung's furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"It hurts here." She said pointing at her heart. "It hurts here. It hurts here." She said as she repeatedly pounds on her chest.

Taehyung, not knowing the reason of her cries, engulfed the crying woman in a comforting hug.

"Why does it happened to me? What wrong did I do? Wasn't I enough? Why did he do that?"

She groans as she slowly open her eyes but her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when a different room interior greeted her. She scan the wall in front of her. The wall is painted in white far from her cream colored wall. She turn to the side and she was greeted by a sight that stops her panicking. There, leaning at the bedside drawer is Taehyung with his head hang low and eyes close.

"I must be in his place. But why is he sleeping there? His neck will hurt if he stay all night there."

Slowly, she got up from the bed and she noticed that she's still wearing the same clothes that she wears this morning. She scrunched down and slowly wakes Taehyung up.

"Taehyung..." She gently calls out his name.

Taehyung groaned and slowly brought his head up and open his eyes. He blink his eyes several times to remove the sleepiness in his mind.

"Jisoo?"

She chuckles seeing how adorable Taehyung is while fighting his sleepiness.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?

She shook her head. "Nothing. But why are you sleeping there?"

"Oh. I was waiting for you to wake up. But I guess, I fell asleep." He sheepishly said.

Taehyung look at her intently making her breath hitched. "I read the article. Was that the reason you cried?"

She took a deep breath before moving and lean against the side of the bed before bringing her knees to her chest. She didn't answer him and she just look in front.

"Did you believe the article?"

She stayed mum for a couple of minutes while Taehyung patiently wait for her answer.

"I don't know." She said a moment later. "Everything is a mess and I don't know what to do. Everything hurts. Why did he do that?"

"We don't know what really happened. You can't always believe what the media says. 70% of their report is false. So, don't believe it unless it came straight from his mouth." Taehyung calmly said, trying to appeased Jisoo's mind.

She shook her head. "I don't really care about what the media says. What I care is that, why did he keep it from me? Why didn't he told me that Gayeon was there as well in New York and about that kiss? For petesake, I'm his girlfriend. I have the right to know everything. We all know that Gayeon likes him so much and that woman will do everything just to take him away from me. Just look what that woman just did? I told him to be very careful with that woman but he didn't listen." She ranted.

"He might have a reason why he kept it from you. He probably thought that he was protecting you from getting hurt. Or maybe he thought it wasn't important."

She immediately glares at Taehyung after hearing his last sentence. "Wasn't important?"

Taehyung awkwardly smiles at her and raised his hands up as if surrendering at her. "Just saying."

She narrowed her eyes, still glaring at Taehyung. "That's the problem with you men, you think somethings are not important but for us ladies, everything, even the smallest details are important especially when it comes to our man. And that kiss? It means a lot to us. What would you feel if your girlfriend got kissed by a guy who likes her? Do you still think it's not important?"

"I will immediately kill that guy." He quickly answer.

"Now you know what I feel." She retort.

And the two fell into a comfortable silence.

"It still hurts."

"Of course it is. Heart break doesn't stop after sleeping."

She nods. "What should I do then?"

"Talk to him, that's what you should do."

She tilted her head on the side and looked at him in wonder. "Aren't you going to tell me not to talk to him anymore? Aren't you supposed to win me back because you still have feelings for me?"

Taehyung laughs at her question. "It's true that I still have feelings for you, that I'm still in love with you and I want to win you back. But I'm not going to win you back like that. If ever I'll win you back that's because you want to and that you have feelings for me. I am not that bad, you know."

"As much as I want to have you back, I want you to be happy. And sadly, I can't give that happiness that Jungkook gives you." He look at her with a sad smile.

He stretched his hand forward and gently wipe the tears in her face. "Stop crying. Nothing will be fix if you keep on crying. Take time to think, so you'll know what to do next."

He stretch his limbs and stand up before glancing at her. "Now, why don't you freshen up. I'll lend you some of my clothes. Would you like some ramyeon?"

Hearing her favorite food, Jisoo's eyes sparkles in delight. "Yes. And some ice cream?"

"And netflix?" Taehyung asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"And netflix." And they both ended up laughing.

She took her phone from Taehyung's bedside drawer and turn it on. She's not yet ready to talk to Jungkook and listen to his excuses. She's still fuming in anger, jealousy and in so much pain that's why she isn't ready to talk to him. They might end up fighting and being halfway round the world away from her boyfriend, fighting is not good. She might end up screaming at him and him shouting that he is innocent or worst they might say things that they can never take back. Not the kind of conversation she needed this time.

Her phone keeps ringing from messages, probably from Jungkook and their friends. She is sure that they already read the article and bombarded her phone with their text probably sympathizing with her. After 20 minutes her phone finally stops ringing. She unlock her phone.

115 message from Jungkook

20 message from Chii

34 message from Chaeyoung

19 message from Jaewon

21 message from Jimin

10 message from Lisa

10 message from Jennie

8 message from Jaehyun

11 message from Baekhyun

5 message from Seokjin

1 message from Yoongi

132 missed calls from Jungkook

She decided to read some of Jungkook's message.

Love, please talk to me

Please talk to me

I'm sorry

It's not what you think it is

Jisoo, please let me explain

Love, please I'm sorry

I didn't cheat on you

I love you

She stops reading the rest of Jungkook's message. Her sight are getting blurred from the tears that's swelling in her eyes. She felt betrayed by what Jungkook did. She can't believe that he keep this from her. Yes, she did keep something from him but it isn't as horrible as this.

"I'm not ready to talk to you yet. I'm sorry." She whispers before hitting the block button. She decided to block Jungkook's number for the time being. She needed space and she can only do that if he can't contact her.

She bit her lower lip, fingers shakes as she type in a word in NAVER. She's curious about the scandal that her boyfriend is currently involve in.

After typing what she is searching for, her news feeds was flooded by different articles related to that issue. Her breath hitch and her hand formed in fist as she read the content of an article released by Gayeon and her agency.

"...I didn't know that we were followed that night. Yes, it is true. Jungkook and I are dating. We just started dating recently that's why we keep it a secret. But since we got caught, we can no longer hide it from the fans. We really love each other so please support us and the love that we have for each other." Seo Gayeon

Comments: (102,875)

yeonkookislifeu: OMG MY YEONKOOK FEELS! WAAA! DREAMS DO COME TRUE

jjkdn: wow! From fangirl to girlfriend. So lucky!😍

ioples: OMO! They look good together. Congratulations!❤❤

jungkookoppaismine: ANDWAE!!! jungkook oppa is mine!!! 😭😭😭

bitayin_si_gayeon: @#$&#* layuan mo ang jungkook oppa ko babaeng mukhang paa. Di ka bagay sa kanya 😠😡

worldpeaceyall: so it's her. The girl who jungkook protected at the airport when he was about to fly to Paris?

bitterghorl: i don't think jungkook likes her at all. i saw some videoclips from his photoshoots and other guesting he didn't even spare her a glance.

anti_seo_gayeon: DELULU BIATCH!

feeling_lucky: @worldpeaceyall i think so too. @bitterghorl he probably pretend to ignore her since they are keeping it secret. @anti_seo_gayeon stop hating on her! She's more gorgeous than you are!

mimimee: wow! Such a powerful visual couple

chiichiirichiialibangbang: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

jendeukie: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer  #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

chimingotjams: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

limaro: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

byuntae_na_beacon: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

chiminIsMidget: #fakenews #faker #delusional #fakelove #claimer #itapon_sa_pacific_ocean_si_gayeon

captainYeonKook: @chiichiirichii @jendeukie @chimingotjams @limaro @byuntae_na_beacon @chiminIsMidget STOP SPREADING HATES! Gayeon is just stating a fact. Stop being so bitter about it.

She continue scrolling and torturing her already wounded heart when her phone was harshly snatch from her.

"Hey-" she quickly shuts her mouth when she saw Chii's dark aura.

"Aish! Why are you reading those stupid articles?" Chii flicked her forehead, annoyed that her best friend is tortuting herself.

"Chii..."

"So now, you are going to cry? Stupid girl." Chii sit beside her. "Come here." She spread her arms widely and Jisoo didn't hesitate to accept Chii's invitation.

"It hurts." She cried against her best friend's shoulder.

Chii sigh and gently pats her back. "I know. And you're an idiot for reading those nonsense articles."

"They'te not stupid. They are true. Have you seen the photos? How about Gayeon's statement and the netizens comments? They all like them."

Chii pull Jisoo away from her and flicked her forehead for the second time.

"Ya! Why did you do that?" She glares at her best friend while rubbing her abused forehead.

Chii rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You are an idiot for believing those crap. And yes, I read the articles and so is Gayeon's delusional claims and the netizen's comments. The dating scandal and Gayeon's statement are nothing but a pure bullcrap."

"How can you say that it was all a bullcrap when the photos are authentic? And Jungkook never told me about Gayeon being with him and so is the kiss."

Chii's face darken. "Do you think that Jungkook has the guts to cheat on you? That he is two-timing you?"

She shrugged. "Who knows."

Chii's jaw tensed and chest heaving. "I seriously wanted to smash your head in the wall. How can you possibly think that? Soo, Jungkook just proposed to you. The guy even confessed his feelings for you in an international show, barring his heart open to the world just to show you how much he loves you. And yet you doubted him just because of that stupid article?"

"Then what do you expect me to do? Act as if nothing is wrong?"

"No. I expect you to talk to him. At this rate, communication is what you both needed. Given that you two are thousand miles away."

"But he lied to me." She insisted.

"No, he didn't. You said he didn't tell you so technically he isn't lying to you."

Jisoo sigh exasperatedly. "Whose side are you on? Me or him?"

"None. To be honest, when I learned about the scandal, I wanted to fly to wherever Jungkook is and beat the crap out of him. But then I realized, he is also a victim here. I believe in the love that he has for you. I've witness with my two eyes how crazily in love that guy is to you."

Chii took both of her hands and look at her with soften expression. "Soo..."

She timidly met Chii's gaze.

"I know you're hurt, angry and all but, I want you to remember that Jungkook truly loves you. He might have his own reason why he didn't tell you about Gayeon. But I assure you, Jungkook will never in a million years cheat on you. You are Jungkook's whole universe and you know that. Please don't doubt his love for you."

"I know he loves me but it's just that....it's just..."

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm just here. I'm not going away." Chii said as she comfort the crying girl in her arms. No matter what she may say, she knows that no word can take the pain of her best friend away and the least she can do is to stay by her side and be her best friend's shoulder to cry on.

"How is she?" Yoongi asked when his wife walked in the dining area.

Chii sigh and slumped at the chair beside her husband. "Hanging on. She's been crying."

"Does Jungkook tried calling you?" Taehyung asked as he put a mug of hot choco in front of Chii.

"Thanks. I don't know. I forgot my phone back home." She answered. "How about you, hon? Did Jungkook call you?" She turned to her husband.

Yoongi shook his head as he casually drinks his coffee. "You know I don't care about my phone when I'm with you."

Taehyung chuckles while Chii roll her eyes. "Why did I marry a sloth?"

Yoongi just shrugged and kiss his wife's cheek.

"Anyway, what did Chaeyoung said about the dating scandal? And Gayeon just told the media that she is dating Jungkook. What in the world is going on?" Taehyung asked, confused and pissed off with that issue.

"Chae is still in a meeting with the executives of their agency. And that Gayeon. Aurgh! I really want to crash her with my barehands. I knew that woman, is a bad news."

"Jungkook...he's not cheating on her, right?" He inquired.

Chii furiously shakes her head. "Jungkook, may be new to love but he is not a cheater. That I guarantee you."

"That kid doesn't have it in him to cheat. This is his first time to fall in love and as you can see, he is way too deep in love with Jisoo." Yoongi further said.

"Then, why is this thing happening?"

"Because that witch wants Jungkook. And she's desperate to have him. But what I don't understand is that, why did Jungkook never tell Jisoo about Gayeon being with him almost all the time and the kissed they had in New York?"

"He probably wanted to tell her but scared of what Jisoo's reaction will be." Taehyung said and Chii nods.

"That's what I also thought." She said before facing her husband who is lazily drinking.

"Hon, please cook breakfast for us."

Yoongi looked at his wife and raised his one eyebrow. "Why me? Why not you?"

Chii roll her eyes. "Because I'm a career type of wife not a housewife type."

"Then, what am I? A househusband?"

"Nope. A slave. My slave." Chii grins at her husband.

Yoongi rolls his eyes before pecking his wife's lips. "Yes, your highness. You're lucky that I love you." He said while making his way to the kitchen.

"Love you too, my kitten slave."

Yoongi glares at her and she just blow him a kiss which he quickly catch.

Taehyung chuckles witnesing how the two act. "You two are such a married couple." He commented.

"Thank you, our alien godfather."

He shook his head at Chii's silly antics.

"Oppa..."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for taking care of Jisoo."

He shook his head. "Don't mention it. And I'm happy to help. I just..."

Chii tilted her head. "Just what?"

"I feel so guilty."

Chii's forehead knotted in confusion. "Guilty of what?"

He let out a heavy sigh as he absentmindedly stir his drink. "Jisoo. She's been asking me about the reason why I left."

"Oh..." Chii nods in understanding. "Yeah. She did told me and Chae. She really wanted to know why. She's desperate to know. Maybe because she wants a clean closure with you."

He comb his fingers in his hair. "Should I tell her?"

"You should."

"Even if it'll hurt her?"

Chii nods. "Even if it'll hurt her. Jisoo deserves to know the truth from you. Jisoo's been kept in the dark by the people she loves for too long. That's why you have to tell her. And also to stop her hatred on you. She still hates you for that, you know?"

"Right. I have to tell her. But after she settle her problem with Jungkook. I don't want to double the pain she is going through."

"Why can't I go home? I have to get back home. I have to see and talk to Jisoo." He frustratingly said to his manager who keep on telling him that he can't go back to Seoul yet.

Mr. Lee took a deep breath. He understand Jungkook's desperation to go back to Seoul but their bosses stop them from going back especially with Jungkook's dating scandal.

"I know that you desperately wanted to explain yourself to Jisoo, but Jungkook you still have a lot of commitments overseas. The agency will seriously face a lot of lawsuit and that is not a good thing."

"But hyung--"

"Jungkook, just finish your other schedules first and once you're done, we'll get on the first flight back home. But for now, let's follow our bosses. They are doing the best they could to fix this mess."

He sigh in defeat. His manager is right. He has to do his job or else Chaeyoung and the rest of his bosses will face a serious problem because of him. But he wants to go home and explain to Jisoo right away. He look at his phone again hoping to see a message from Jisoo but receive none.

"Still can't contact her?" Mr. Lee inquire.

He shook his head. "What should I do, hyung?"

"Keep trying to contact her. How about her other friends? Did you try to contact them?"

"Yes, but they are ignoring my calls. They probably hate me right now. By the way hyung, how's the issue with Gayeon going? What did our agency said?"

"They still keep mum about the issue. Ms. Park said that she's still in a meeting with the executives to address the issue but we have another problem."

He looked at his manager with furrowed brows. "What is it?"

"Gayeon and her agency confirmed the dating issue."

"What? She is seriously crazy. This is getting out of hands. We have to do something. I don't want to lose Jisoo." He exclaim before shutting the door behind him.

He tried calling Jisoo again for the nth time but just like hours ago, her phone is turned off. He groans in frustration and throw his phone to his bed before laying in the bed thinking about life and his life's choices.

If you ask Jeon Jungkook before her met Jisoo if he sees himself being in a relationship? Let alone fall in love? His answer will definitely be, a no. Why? Because he doesn't believe in such thing. He grew up in a family where love doesn't exist. Only shouts, screams and fights exist. When he runaway from home with his baby brother, people were harsh. No love can be seen. For him love is a luxury that he, himself knows he can't afford.

He focus all his attention and time to make a living for his little brother. And he considered himself not a woman's man, that's why he never got interested on anywoman, until that night when he decided to robbed that apartment. The very same apartment that flipped his entire world in 360 degrees. Who would have thought that in that apartment, he will meet the love of his life? He fell in love. He fell hard and deep to that lady in that apartment and now look where did that take him? In a beautiful lovesick mess. Though he is a mess at least he is in a lovesick mess. Nevertheless, he's still a mess.

a/n: i need to shut my mouth with that 'mess thingy'

Does he regret a thing? The answer will be definitely, no. Because if he has to go back in time, he will still robbed that same apartment. That's how whipped he is. For the first time in his lonely life, an angel appeared who brought color in his dull world. And finally, made him feel alive. He doesn't know that he was a living corpse until he met her.

And what add up to his joy? Is that the love of his life, love him as well. His heart was full of joy, too much joy that there isn't any room left to place with.

But just like any other normal couple, they went on a bumpy road. And that bumpy road was in a form of a man. Not just any other man but the first man, his love of his life, fell for. As a greenie in the world of love, that bumpy road gave a big scare on him. He was so afraid of losing his very own light, especially when he found out that what the love of his life and the bumpy road had, was something special. Too special that he's scared to pull his light away from him.

But then he thinks the deities put a pity in his life when his light remains with him and surprisingly, the bumpy road seems like to fade away. But he still he can't be at ease, people who are in love can be cunning in their own craft.

When things are getting better and better, the heavens decides to put their love into another test and this time it's in a form of an eathquake. A massive earthquake, that'll happen when you least expected. And leave a massive damage in your life.

And right now, Jungkook is left with a massive damage that he doesn't know where to start to fix things up. And he knows that he brought this mess in his life.

"Aurgh! I'm so stupid! If only I told her about it before she reads it from that damn article. If only I wasn't a fool from keeping this from her, this wouldn't happened."

He grab his phone and tried to call Jisoo again. But the same robotic voice greeted him, over and over again.

"Jisoo, please. Turn on your phone. Please. I'm sorry. I love you. Let me fix this. Let me fix us. Please Jisoo, I can't lose you. I can't please." He pleads and pleads again but his efforts were thrown in the air, as his entire being is filled with painful cries.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 2K 43
Hoseok has been looking for an apartment to stay and luckily he found one. But there is already a tenant named Jungkook who is staying in the same ap...
1.6K 42 8
Jungkook just wants to meet his soulmate. And he meets him. Just not the way he wanted but he wouldn't change a thing even if he has a chance.
119K 7.9K 20
Chaeyoung is invited to her ex's wedding and there's no way she's showing up alone. When Jungkook receives an offer to be Chaeyoung's fake boyfriend...
194K 6.1K 24
; in which a girl is constantly chased after annoyingly to prove jeon jungkook's friends wrong.