Life Is A Surprised (Laurmani...

By Kiddshowstopper

Lauren and Normani have a history. They dated but because of Lauren's ways, Normani broke it off. Lauren neve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 40

1K 51 10
By Kiddshowstopper

Lauren's P.O.V.

Sweet, Sweet freedom! Jesus that fucking hell hole should burn down. I'm fucking starving and I seriously need a shower. I have to call Paul on Monday to see when my court date is so I'm going to try and enjoy the weekend with my family. I haven't been able to talk to Mani really. I was able to tell her what time I needed to be picked up and ask if she was okay. She doesn't sound like anything...almost like nothing happened. I don't know if that's good or bad but I can't wait to see her. I feel like shit that I couldn't be there when she needed me and now we have to come up with a plan in case this trial goes south for me.

I don't know how I would feel if I were in Mani's shoes. If I found out I was drugged and...how do you even take that? I'd probably be a paranoid freak half the time and pissed off the other half. Nomani might shut down emotionally...I don't know what I'm going to have to deal with but I'll help her get through it.

I still can't believe this piece of shit scum bag is really pressing charges against me. How more disgusting can you get? You deserve worse than what I gave you. If I see that bastard again, I might just finish the fucking job. I'm trying not to be so angry right now because Mani still needs me. My family still needs me. I sigh in relief as I see that familiar power blue convertible turn the corner with my seconds favorite person behind the steering wheel. Ally pulls in front of me and I quickly hop in the front seat.

"Hey Lo, are you okay?" She asks as she quickly pulls me into a bone crushing hug. I appreciate the sentiment and return the hug.

"I've been better but I'm glad I'm going home. Where's Mani?" I ask as I look in the backseat to see little Chelsea asleep in her car seat, pacifier in mouth.

"Home. Mani barely slept last night. It was like I had two newborns. She didn't really fall asleep until 6:30 this morning so I let her sleep." Ally answers as she begins to drive again. I nod my head and look out at the passing buildings.

"Where's your taller half?" I ask.

"Work." She responds.

Ally and I continue to talk on the way to my house but I can't say I really focused on any of it. We talked about the trial, Mani and all the other unfortunate events that have occurred in my life recently but I can't stop myself from thinking about my possible future. What if I really go to prison? I'll miss so much. What will my kids think of me? What will happen with Aiden? Does a living will apply if I'm not dead but just unable to parent? UGH. I just want my life back before that bitch showed up again.

Ally drops me off at home and tells me she's going to call me later. I say goodbye to her and walk to my front door. Before I put the key in the lock, I hear the door opening. Next thing I know I'm being knocked back slightly by one overly strong football player.

"I need to breathe." I say and he lightens his grip around my stomach. I hug him back and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I didn't know you liked me this much." I tell him and he chuckles softly.

"I didn't either." His grips tightens once again and I give in and try to match his intensity.

"Can I actually go in the house now?" I ask and Aiden pulls away from the hug.

"Thanks." I say as I move past him. I'm not able to get far though since Mani is standing in the doorway. I'm not sure what I should say to her so I smile softly at her as I close the distance between us. She wraps her arms around my neck and I wrap mine around her waist. Mani's grip around me could compare to Aiden's. I pull her as close as humanly possible and bury my head in her neck. She smells like home...

I begin to break away from the hug and Mani follows suit then pulls me into a kiss. Not just a peck, a loving kiss where our lips glide past each other so in sync like an intricate dance routine performed effortlessly. The warm soft touch of her lips sends jolts of electricity through my body and the taste of salt on my tongue from her tears only makes me want to hold her closer.

We break from our kiss and just embrace each other. I rub Mani's back as her head rests on my shoulder. I'm not sure how long we have been standing like this but time isn't something I'm truly worried about right now. Mani lifts her head from shoulder and stares at me so lovingly it almost makes my eyes swell with tears.

"Hi..." She says softly.

"Hi." I respond and she moves away from me but takes my hand in hers.

She pulls me inside and I close the door behind me. I heard Aiden drive away when I hugged Mani the first time so I lock the door. She continues to pull me along until we're in our bedroom. We get to the edge of the bed and Mani turns towards me. She then begins to take my clothes off without saying a word. Once I'm completely nude, she pulls me over to the bathroom and grabs a towel on the way. Mani hands me the towel then runs the shower. Once the temperature is the way I like, she pulls the shower curtain back and ushers me inside. Once I'm inside, Mani leaves the bathroom and closes the door.

I let the warm water wash over my body and enjoy the feeling. I close my eyes and let the water hit my face and flow through my hair. I hear the door open but I don't move an inch from my spot. Soon I feel the curtain moving and the warmth of a body behind me. Hands snake around my waist and I feel Mani press her head against my back.

After our shower, Mani and I just went to lie in bed together. Still nude, still speechless. We've turn to some movie on TV and tangled ourselves together. I want to know what she's feeling. I need to know if she's okay but I'm not sure if words can assure me of that. I sigh deeply and Mani turns her head towards me.

"Where are the kids?" I ask.

"Your cousin Jojo and Travis have them but they'll be back later." She says and I nod my head. I search for the remote when she turns her head back around towards the TV. I find it and press mute which causes Mani to turn towards me again.

"How are you?" I ask. She shrugs and sighs.

"How are you?" She asks and I shrug. I haven't taken the time to really evaluate how I feel. If I had to sum it up I would say...

"Scared." Mani runs her finger across my jawline and looks up towards the ceiling.

"Me too..." She says quietly. I bring my body closer to hers and rest my head on her shoulder.

"How are we going to get through this?" She asks.

"The same way we've gotten through anything else. Together." I take Mani's hand in mine and interlock our fingers.

Before I know it, Mani is totally knocked out. I have to figure out what I can do to protect my family in case something happens to me. I quietly sneak out of the bed and throw on a shirt and basketball shorts before grabbing my phone and walking into the living room. I scroll through my contacts until I find Travis but then my phone rings. It's Paul...

"Hello?" I answer.

"Lo, how was the clink?" He asks jokingly.

"Not the time for jokes Paul." I say and he clears his throat.

"Just trying to keep the mood light. I have some news, not so good but not so bad either." Oh fuck.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Well your court date is next Monday against the douche bag but it will be a jury trial. The good part of this is that a jury is more sympathetic and you're more likely to walk out of there a free woman. The bad part is that the trial is coming up quick, which I didn't anticipate. Since we don't have much time, you and I have to get to work to make you look as good as possible." He says.

"Fuck me...okay. When do you want to get started?" I ask.

"No later than this Monday. I'll let you enjoy the weekend but we have to get this into gear."

"Okay. What can I do to protect my family if anything happens to me? There's no telling what that crazy bitch might try to do." I say.

"Right, the crazy baby mama might try to take the kid. Okay, well legally the best we could try to do is petition for temporary guardianship problem with this is, you could be sentenced before it gets approved, if you do get sentenced. Hence the bad part of getting a quick trial. We can still try for it but I can't guarantee any outcomes." He says and I sigh.

"Let's go for it." I say.

"Alright. I'll fax you over the papers and once your finished just send them back and I'll get them where they need to be."

"Thanks..."

"No problem, but Lauren...I know you're stressed and scared but I've been doing this for 12 years now. My professional opinion on this...you'll be okay. You're record is clean, the guy is still alive and he's on trial himself. I foresee you walking right back out to your family, alright? Just enjoy your weekend and try your best to relax. I'll call you Monday."

"Okay, thanks Paul."

"My pleasure. Tell Normani I said hi."

"Will do, goodbye." He hangs up and I sit on the couch. Fuck. My. Life. I really wish I would have killed the bastard.

"Babe?" I hear from behind me. I turn my head to see Normani standing there with the cover wrapped around her.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"Who was that?" She asks.

"Paul." I answer as she comes to sit next to me.

"My hearing is next Monday. I don't know how they gathered a jury so fast but...yeah. I'm going to try to give you temporary guardianship over Aiden in case Camila tries something."

"Camila? I haven't even thought about her. You think she'd try to take him?" Mani asks and I shrug.

"I don't know but I won't let that happen. I have to call my parents and let them know in case I need them to fight for him."

"Can things get any worse right now?" Mani says and before I can say anything, she's running to the bathroom. What the hell? I quickly follow and see her with her head in the toilet. Great, I hope she's not getting sick.

"You okay?" I ask once she stops. I bend over to pull her hair back as she sits up.

"Yeah. Just...stressed." She says as she flushes the toilet.

"Yeah stress will do that to you. You done?" Mani nods.

"I think so. I probably just need some sleep." I help her from the floor and nod in agreement.

"Probably but we can't let this situation get the better of us. We have to be strong. We have a family to think about." Mani rinses her mouth and nods once she's finished.

"I know. It kind of sucks since you're the stronger one and you might not-" Mani stops herself and I sigh.

"I might not be here?" She looks at me before nodding.

"Well now's the moment where you have to be Normani. That smart, calculating, level headed woman that I married. Only difference is that I might not be here for you to have to monitor."

"We'll be fine. You'll be fine. We will get past this." She says.

"That's the spirit."

"Now we're going to enjoy our time together and figure out a way to tell Jordan and Sierra about what's going on."

"I don't think we should say something unless something does happen to you." I shake my head.

"If I am leaving them, I want to be able to tell them. That's not something you should have to do at all, let alone by yourself."

"I think we should think about this more. We have time." I nod my head.

"Fine. Are you okay though? Emotionally. With all this shit happening, how are you feeling?" I ask. Mani takes a deep breath before answering.

"With what happened to me...I can't sum it up. I feel violated, is anyone trustworthy? What if it happens again and you're not here? I don't know what to do with myself. I'm angry at myself for being so stupid to let that happen. I'm angry that someone would do that. I'm angry because I don't know the extent of what happened. I was taken advantage of against and I just...I feel like I just want to live in a bubble...but I can't focus on that right now. I have to focus on our family and making sure that you stay right here."

"Mani, you need to focus on yourself. You're the one who was traumatized. This didn't happen to me or Aiden, Jordan or Sierra. This happened to you and you have to deal with it in order to move on. I will worry about my trial, even though I know you want to be involved. I am going to limit that because you like to focus on other things so you don't have to focus on yourself. You have to take care of yourself Moni." She nods and folds her arms.

"I know...I just -"

"You just nothing. This is why we have family and friends. You and the kids will be fine if I'm not here, I'll make sure of that. Now come on, you need some sleep." I grab Mani's hand and lead her to the bedroom. We both get into bed and kiss her forehead as she cuddles into my side.

"Everything will be fine." I whisper as I run my fingers through her hair. I need her to believe it. Hell, I need to believe it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 5.3K 21
You and Ally are bestfriends for life. You were head over heels for her. You were about to confess to her but your cousin, Troy, beat you to it.
71 8 8
A geeky love story
89.9K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
24.5K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...