The Last Lycans

By RoxNotRocks

Sometimes, a fateful encounter takes the form of a bullet through the head... After years of living as a wolf... More

Preface
Chapter 1: Under her skin
Chapter 2 : Run for It
Chapter 3: Flight or Fight
Chapter 4 : The Bangtan Pack
Chapter 5 : The Alpha Problem
Chapter 6 : Sleepless Night
Chapter 7: Food for Thoughts
Chapter 8 : Overflow
Chapter 9: The Player Loses
Chapter 10 : Stronger
Chapter 11: The Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 12: Night Fall
Chapter 13 : Trust
Chapter 14: Preparation
Chapter 15 : Transformation Lessons
Chapter 16 : The Shift
Chapter 18: The Hunt Part 2
Chapter 19 : The Hunt Part 3
Chapter 20: Aftermath
Chapter 21: Hard Feelings
Chapter 22: Sneaky
Chapter 23 : Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Chapter 24 : Caught in the Act
Chapter 25 : Ready, Get Set... Back
Chapter 26 : Out of Breath
Chapter 27: Warning
Chapter 28 : Training Session
Chapter 29 : Blunt Strike
Chapter 30 : Tough Love
Chapter 31 : Stronger
Chapter 32 : Bulletproof
Chapter 33 : Invasion
Chapter 34 : Counter Attack
Chapter 35 : Tough Call
Chapter 36: All or Nothing
Chapter 37: Vengeance
Chapter 38 : Remembrance
Chapter 39 : The Weight of Truth
Chapter 40 : Crutch
Chapter 41 : Resolve
Chapter 42 : Made Minds
Chapter 43 : In Charge
Chapter 44 : Big Splash
Chapter 45 : Trouble
Chapter 46 : Harsh Truth
Chapter 47 : Night Breeze
Chapter 48 : Rivalry
Chapter 49 : Close Call
Chapter 50 : Close Appart
Chapter 51 : Confused Hearts
Chapter 52 : Destiny
Chapter 53 : The Choice
Chapter 54 : The Fortress
Chapter 55 : Camp In
Chapter 56 : Preparations
Chapter 57 : Rituals
Chapter 58 : Harmony
Chapter 59 : Ready.
Chapter 60 : A Dark March
Chapter 61 : On Another Level
Chapter 62 : Divide to Conquer
Chapter 63 : The Ways Of War
Chapter 64 : Final Blow
Chapter 65 : Home

Chapter 17 : The Hunt Part 1

1.2K 78 3
By RoxNotRocks

Running with a pack was different from running alone.

With the presence of the boys by her side she felt safe, powerful even; like the whole forest belonged to them.

As wolves they only needed a simple look to communicate. Their emotions were much simpler in this form and their instinct was sharp enough to nearly read each other's minds.

The eyes of the boys were filled with a mix of excitement and regret. The adrenaline of the run was pumping through their veins, but each step was also bringing the moment of saying goodbye a little closer...

Time passed way too fast and they arrived at a clearing. The forest around them looked the same, but it felt different.

The boy's territory was marked with their scent and devoid of predators, but the path ahead was untouched. It smelled of mystery and danger.

This was the path she was headed.

All eight of them had stopped and were looking at the border of Bangtan's territory.

Yu looked back at them over her shoulder as she passed the limit and the boys' eyes were glued to her. She couldn't bear to face their saddened expression too long, but she still had to say goodbye.

She only had one emotion to pass to them at that moment; gratitude. Gratitude for all the happiness they had let her share with them.

When their own expressions softened, she knew her message had gotten across, so she turned her back to them and ran off.

She ran as fast as she could, she had to put as much distance as possible between them. If she looked back she could change her mind and hurt them even more.

The woods seemed savage now and full of nothing but threats, as if the pine trees were the sharp teeth of a monster closing over her.

Yoongi was right. She was a coward and a liar.

She could have stayed with the boys, they would have let her stay, but she didn't want to because she was scared.

It was only by constantly being on the move that the red eyed beast could never catch up to her.

The red eyed beast used to be her friend but had betrayed her, Bangtan could turn on her to.

She didn't belong in Bangtan, they were brothers and she, nothing but a stranger.

Her heart felt like it was being ripped apart and she suddenly regretted all of the moments she had spent with Bangtan. Getting a taste of happiness when you were fated to such a lonely life was much crueler than never knowing what you were missing.

Then, she saw his smile in her mind.

He had helped her, he had made her feel special.

The thought only increased the pain in her chest.

How could such a happy memory become so painful now?

Was that what people called love?

She kept running and tried to keep her mind from going to him, but it was useless.

It was almost as if he was calling out to her.

Suddenly, the pain in her chest got worst and her pulse started to go out of control.

Danger.

Her whole body screamed danger.

Something was wrong.

Bangtan had been on my father's radar for a while.

They were a small pack, quite the peaceful kind. They never created trouble with humans, unlike most of their kind, but they were still werewolves.

This is why he had decided on the more human approach to get rid of them. Instead of falling on them and hunting all of them down; he laid down some traps.

Most of the traps weren't even deadly, they were just put to send a clear message; there are hunters in town and you monsters aren't welcomed here anymore.

The goal was for one or two of them to get severly mauled so the rest would get the hint and put their move on, but the pack was smarter than my father had given them credit for. All of the traps were carefully avoided and destroyed, but the pack showed no sign of moving.

They were smarter than he had anticipated and so they had become a menace.

My father decided that the kind approach wasn't working, so he started working on a much deadlier trap that could actually get rid of all of them. He was setting it up when something went wrong.

They probably all fell on him at once, that's the only explanation I have for such an experienced hunter putting a bullet in his own head...

Hunters aren't easy to track since we can camouflage our scent and we aren't easy to kill since our bullets are faster than any animal.

If Bangtan managed to ambush my father, that means his suspicions were correct and that they are a menace; a menace we have to get rid off.

We have to protect humans from those beasts and we have to avenge our father...

They managed to kill our father, but there is no way they will survive all of his sons.

The hunt wasn't going well.

All of their moods were low and they kept making dumb mistakes.

Even Yoongi who was the most experienced hunter was making all sort of noise when they were trying (and failing) to be stealthy.

Not only that, but there was barely any prey around. It was as if all of the game knew they were coming and had decided to get the hell away from their hunting spot.

The only kill of the day was a skinny rabbit that Jungkook had gotten by chance when Namjoon tripped on its terrier...

The full moon shining should have given them the edge they needed to be true predators, but their hearts just weren't in the hunt...

Namjoon tried to lead the group, but his usually keen nose was useless so they were roaming aimlessly, trying to find a clearing where they could have a better chance of spotting some kind of prey.

Then, a smell hit Namjoon's nose; blood!

His head turned in the direction of the blood and the three youngest immediately jumped in the direction of the smell that had all hit them at once.

How odd... there was no trail leading to here and the smell was strong, like the blood was coming from a wound rather than simply beating through an animal's heart...

It was almost too good to be true that they had fallen on a wounded prey...

No! It was too good!

Namjoon was about to let out a bark of warning when the trap activated with a loud clanking of metal.

He had the time to jump back, but it was too late for Tae, Jimin and Jungkook who got trapped under a tight net woven with chains of metal.

From the sour smell, Namjoon could immediately tell it was made out of silver; their worst weakness.

Their skins sizzled on the impact of the net trapping them and they let out panicked, pained whimpers. The wounds outlining themselves on their skin forced them out of their wolf shapes and they laid under the metal net, slowly losing consciousness as they were reverting back into their human forms.

The four oldest got in formation around the net, protecting their trapped brothers and ready to counter attack.

Two figures stepped out of the woods, tall men with guns; hunters!

One hunter was already a lot to deal with for a full pack. Would four of them be enough to hold off against two?

Author's note: 

One chapter, 3 POV's, a whole lot of trouble! 

What do you think is abut to happen? How will Bangtan deal with the hunters while they have their guns on their trapped brothers?

Stay tuned for The Hunt Part 2, where the action really starts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.2K 4.3K 59
"You lied to me! Tell me.. how did you do it, witch." He growled as he held me against the wall, choking me. Lee Seoyeon is your average girl. At lea...
724K 26.2K 35
- a Jeon Jungkook fanfiction - in which a girl meets a boy who is a werewolf. Jeon Jungkook, a resident player studying in an university was actually...
35.9K 1.5K 35
Y/n,a 17 year old girl who is living the worse life.And it's all because she's not a human,but a werewolf,a very powerful werewolf that has elemental...
15.4K 1.4K 58
π‘¬π’†π’“π’Šπ’† /: π’Žπ’šπ’”π’•π’†π’“π’Šπ’π’–π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 I had no other option than to say yes for the most tragic case in my life , as a struggling...