𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜...

By Eddy622

(Book Two) "I've been looking for you for two years now. Luckily for me, I saw you at the beach party which... More

°AUTHOR'S NOTE°
Review
°CAST°
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°
°51°
°52°
°53°
°Bonus Chapter°
Author's Note
Books Written By Edidiong

°11°

2.1K 506 209
By Eddy622

This chapter is dedicated to phaylove4 she is such a sweetheart.

Above us a picture of Uyai.

Enjoy.

                     ~°~°~°~°~

Femi's eyes never left mine and I wasn't sure he was going to any time soon. His gaze glued me to the ground, like he knew who I was and what I was doing here. If I was a baby or a scaredy adult, I would have peed in my pants.

I hastily searched for my backpack and phone in my desk locker, before getting up from my seat.

"If you'd excuse me ma'am." I dashed out of my seat and then the classroom, before gaining permission from the class teacher. I knew everyone would be confused. I knew Irene and Omonigho would be questioning each other of my actions.

I ran. I ran as far as my legs could carry. it was like Femi's shadow was chasing me. Yes I'll admit it, I was scared of Femi. That guy could do the unthinkable.

I arrived at a place located at the back of the school. I don't know what it was called, but I could see students gisting with their friends, or reading by themselves. The trees were breathtaking and the carpeted grass looked so fresh and welcoming. If I was in a good mood, I would have laid on it.

But I wasn't.

I sat on a huge root connected to a tree, then brought out my phone to dial Judith's number.

"Judith in the house yo!" Her usual greetings filled my ear.

"How long would it take you to come meet me, Judith? How long?!" Panic filled my voice. Wasn't joking when I said I was scared of Femi. I couldn't throw sand into his eyes, cause that wasn't something Tatiana would do. Neither could I shout rape.

"I don't know," Judith stated. "I told mum and dad, that I've gotten a scholarship. But dad wouldn't let me. He believes I'm lying - which technically, I am."

"And your mother?" I pressed on. Both her parents wouldn't be that bad, right?

"She thinks I slept my way into having a scholarship and believe I'll sleep my way into having good grades." Judith scoffed out of disbelief. "But I wouldn't blame her. Like mother like daughter, right?"

"Oh shit!" I cursed out of frustration, as I began to pace back and fourth. "I'm officially screwed."

"What is wrong, Uyai?" Judith asked defiantly on the phone. I stopped my frantic movement, to take some deep non relaxing breath.

"Femi is here." Even his name had a bad taste on my tongue.

"Femi Godswill?!" Judith asked stunned on the line.

"The one and only," I let go a frustrated breath, and sat on the root. "What the hell is he doing here?!"

Judith was silent. I wouldn't blame her, I wasn't sure she could answer that question.

"Well...." Judith shocked me by saying. "After your clothes were seen wet and stained with blood, everyone pointed their accusing fingers on Femi. They knew he was asking you out and you refused. They knew about his constant bullying towards you. Everyone believed his actions forced you to commit suicide. His parents then sent him to live with his uncle."

I was quiet, as I listened to Judith. Once she was done, I knew my fate - which was a sad one. "I'm dead meat."

"Why?" Judith asked confused. I knew I haven't told Judith about me acting as T. So I sat upright, to tell her everything. Starting from the hospital, which was after my encounter with T.

"Wow," Judith said in a low voice, as she processed my story into her knowledge. "You're truly screwed."

Judith wasn't one to sugar coat things. Don't get me wrong. I love my best friend, honestly. But sometimes, I wish she could give me some moral support - like now, for example.

"But wait," Judith spoke up again. "Tatiana's the head girl, which makes you a head girl."

I sighed tirelessly, "I know."

"But you're dumb! Like the dumbest person I know." See, total honesty. "But is the resemblance that canny?"

"Yes," I replied. "We do kind of have the exact same face."

"But that isn't the point Judith," I got up and began my pacing yet again. "Femi's my problem. What the hell am I supposed to do with that boy!"

"No throw sand for him eye again o," Adviced Judith. As if. I wasn't ready to blow my cover. And that's what Femi would do if he doesn't leave this school.

Judith began to talk on the phone, as my eyes sighted something from afar, driving me away from Judith's rants. Jeremiah could be seen talking to some girl. She was busy batting her lashes and smiling sheepishly at him.

What if?

"..... Femi might want to__"

"Hey Judith," I cut her off her ranting, eyes still on Jeremiah. "Try convincing your parents once more. I'll call you back." I cut the call on Judith, before placing the phone into my skirt pocket.

I grasped my backpack, hung it on both shoulders, then ran over to Jeremiah and the girl he happened to be talking to. I placed my hands on my knee cap once in front of them, as I tried to catch my breath. Jeremiah and the girl both paused to look at me. Feeling awkward, I smiled and placed my hands on my waist.

"Hey Jeremiah," I greeted casually, then turned to the girl he was talking to. "And hey..... You."

"It's Rachael," The girl replied bitterly. "And thanks so much for interrupting our conversation." I stepped back a bit. It felt like she was ready to strangle me.

"Get going Rachael," Jeremiah used his brows as he spoke. "Auntie Chidinma won't be happy if she get to know that her daughter is skipping classes."

The girl's frown deepened, as she stared at me. "Bye Jerry," Her smile happened to reach her eyes.

"Please, don't call me that." Jeremiah deadpanned. Glaring at me one last time, the girl in question turned and head to class. She swayed her hips as she did so, hoping to get Jeremiah's attention.

"What do you want?" I flinched a bit. I diverted my eyes from the girl, to look at Jeremiah. I was actually staring at her, to figure out if she was capable of killing.

"I need your help." I knew trusting someone who happened to be a rich and spoilt brat, was the most stupidest thing to do in this world. But Jeremiah had helped me trice. That meant something, right?

He had helped answered the questions the other day. He had helped me locate the bathroom. He also helped me during the assembly! Plus, Omonigho said he helped find a psycho last year. If someone was capable of helping me out - if someone was going to help me find; the person that had placed that letter in the bathroom, who Kingsley and Happiness was, or help me survive this school in general, it would be him.

"I don't help people," He said dryly, without hesitating.

"You've been doing nothing but helping me," I pointed it out to him. "Can't you just continue?"

"No," Gosh, he wouldn't crack. Not even the expression on his face.

I began to pace back and forth. I began to argue with my head. I knew I felt and looked like a mad woman, but I needed to be sure if my next word would help save or destroy me.

"I'm not Tatiana."  I finally concluded with my head. I knew it was stupid revealing my identity, but maybe that would push him to help me. "I'm___"

"I know you're not Tatiana," He stopped me. I thought me revealing my identity would shock him, but it ended up being vice versa. "Tatiana isn't as careless as you are, and she's definitely not stupid."

My mouth formed a 'O' shape, as I watched him in bewilderment. Was I that dumb? Jeremiah seemed to make me question myself.

"So you're gonna help me?" I tried to regain my composure. I wanted to bat my lashes like the previous girl, but I couldn't. Instead, I smiled widely at him, hoping the smiles reached my eyes.

"No," And there goes the dynamite. I watched as Jeremiah walked passed me. I wished to stop him, as he walked into the school's building. But like always, I couldn't.

I lowered my head in uttermost disappointment as I followed his trail slowly. I wasn't conscious of my environment, and I just walked straight to were my class was located.

Once at the front of the door, I paused to inhale and exhale a few times. I tried to cheer myself up by looking at some few possibilities.

Femi just arrived at this school. There's no way he could start up trouble. 

With that in mind, I got hold of the door handle, and pushed it open. I walked into the classroom, to see all eyes on me. Omonigho and Irene stood close to each other, as they stared at me. Even Jubilee for the first time in forever, didn't look like he wanted to kill me. He had more of an observation look.

Femi stood up from his newly appointed seat, which was located at the extreme, close to the window. He began to walk towards me, his gaze never leaving mine.

"Oh oh oh, if it isn't the great Uyai Charlie." He clapped his hands in amusement. I knew I was dead meat, when he gave me his non amusing like grin. "What are you doing, looking all dolled up"

I remained quiet. Not because I wanted to maintain my cool, but because I was speechless. I didn't wanted to make things worst, by opening my - according to Jeremiah - stupid mouth.

"I heard you now go by a new name. What's it again?" He stopped to think. I knew he was pretending, that part was obvious. "Tatiana Ukeme."

I'm so dead.

"What?" Femi chuckled, while the whole class began their side talks. "Cat's got your tongue?"

"No. My guesses are she's trying to figure out who the disturbing new boy in front of her is." A voice came, followed by a hand being hung on my shoulder. What surprised me was that, it belonged to no other but Jeremiah's.

"Who are you?!" Femi spat in fury, as he glared at Jeremiah.

Jeremiah gave him a bored look, and tilted his head a bit. "Jeremiah Valentine."

That seemed to rile Femi up even more, as he shouted. "So?!"

Jeremiah gazed at him for a second, then decided not to pay him any more attention. His hands still on my shoulder, he turned to face the rest of his friends.

"You all know Tatiana Ukeme," He began, everyone stopped talking to listen to him. "Aka the head girl. Aka the captain of the female swim team."

Swim team?!

"Most of you present here, were with her since Jss 1. So it surprises me how y'all could sit and stand still, to listen to a new kid blab nonsense about your friend." The class began yet another side talk.

"That's true," Jaja yelled at the back. "If she's who the boy claims she is, then were we classmates with an illusion?"

"Exactly," Irene nodded, supporting Jaja. "I knew he was yamming nonsense right from the start."

"I'm not a yammer," Femi said angrily. "I'm stating the tru____"

"Enough," Jeremiah said lowly. Though his voice wasn't harsh, it held authority. And surprisingly, Femi obeyed. "Go back to your seat, and do not disrupt the class on your first day. If you need prove that Tatiana was actually a student of this school, then go to the library. The year books of each classes and sets, are located there."

Femi was reluctant. He gave a really hard breathing on his way back to his seat.

"Thank you," I whispered to Jeremiah, before he could make his way back to his seat.

"It's a one time thing," He declared, making me to sigh at that. "Don't expect any more help from me."

I sighed as we both walked over to our separate seats. I sat in between Irene and Omonigho, totally aware of their games on me.

Buzz! Buzz!

I reached for my phone, to check out the incoming sms.

Crazy Bestie
Mother finally said yes and father didn't have a choice but to agree. Expect me next week.

-12 : 09pm

"Are you still upset?" I averted my eyes from my phone, to gaze at Omonigho.

"If you are, tell me. I'll punch him." Irene cracked her knuckles. I knew Irene was the bossy and no nonsense kind of girl the very first day I had met her at the hospital. But I never knew she was the violent type.

"I support Irene on this," Omonigho said excitedly. So funny how she gets serious and then excited all of a sudden. Looking at her, I try to find why Tatiana was always complaining about her. She seemed sweet. "He needs to know his place."

"Hey," Irene placed her hands on my shoulder. "Don't put in mind his words, okay? He was just yamming nonsense."

I nodded my head. Femi really did do a number on me today. I sighed and forced a smile on my face, as I looked at both of them.

If only they knew.

Eddy : Uyai was just lucky. But do you think luck would always be on her side?

Keep reading to find out.

Vote, comment and share.

Next update  : Wednesday

Words : 2258 (no one should complain about short chapters)

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 13.2K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...
45.4K 10.6K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
12.4K 2.1K 67
"Camilla, please do this for me." She begged. "But I don't even know you." I stared back at the woman who looked exactly like me, only that she wasn...
20.7K 1.9K 16
#150 in short story "Mariana, please for crying out loud, stop this game. They both don't deserve this," I said while walking toward her. "They would...