The boy with the mask

By Zoeyswriting

Jack Adams also known as the "mysterious boy". No one knows the real him. He wears a mask that no one can unc... More

Beginning
One- "Get it together dude!"
Two- "I-uh can we meet up at a library better?"
Three -"No. I'm her older brother."
Four- "Yeah, but you'll love me."
Five-"Please be careful,"
Six-"I don't have a phone,"
Seven-"I have to get home now. Please,"
Eight-"I just wish we were enough,"
Nine-"Baby, I'm home!"
Ten-"No, silly, it's a good thing, it's hot,"
Eleven-"Is this the part where you guys kiss?"
Thirteen-"I'm going to test you on older Disney movies..."
Fourteen-"I plan on staying with you for the long haul."

Twelve- "You're good with kids,"

15 2 0
By Zoeyswriting

Jack's P.O.V

We finally arrived at Madison’s house. Riley was overjoyed, she was excited to play with Madison’s dolls and apparently more than just that. 

“So, Riley, why don’t you go up to my room while Jack and I hang around down here for a while,” Madison recommended, as she bent down to Riley’s level. 

“Okay,” Riley nodded as she ran upstairs. Worried, I made sure she ran up the stairs carefully, and I was prepared to run in case she slips. 

“So, what was that for?” I asked Madison as Riley reached the top of the staircase. 

“Well, I don’t think it would be interesting to her if she was in here listening to us talk about school,” She grabbed 3 Tumbler cups that I know for sure were from Walmart.  

She filled two of the cups halfway with water. She took the other one and filled it up with orange juice. She quickly served a plate of a variety of cookies and grabbed both things and walked upstairs. 

She jogged back down and smiled at me. 

“So, what now?” I asked her. 

“Well, now I believe we should talk about our field trip to London,” She said excitedly. 

“Well, I’m not going,” I announced. 

“What, why?”  

“Other than the fact I have Riley to care for, I’m just not that interested.” I shrugged, Riley means the world to me, leaving her with my father won’t work out. He'd just do whatever he wanted to her, and no one would be there to stop him, it’ll be too dangerous. 

“And, either way, I can’t afford a passport, so yeah, those are valid reasons honestly,” I explained further. 

“But, Jack,” She whined. 

“Who would I talk to? You’re like my only friend, honestly. And it's our senior year. We deserve to have a little fun, don’t we?” She looks at me, eyebrow raised. 

I sighed, she was right. But what about Riley? She meant so much to me. 

“Fine, I admit, you’re right. I do think I can truly enjoy it. Riley just means the most to me, I don’t think I can deal if something happens to her. You know?” I admit. She nods along. 

“Well, for the passport, I can help you with that, my mom works with the government,” 

“Oh, think she’ll help me out?” 

“For sure, she loves you, probably more than me,” She placed her hands on top of mine and smiled. 

"I doubt it, literally almost everyone in this town is afraid of me, I bet when a crime occurs their first thought is me." 

"Well, then they're all ignorant. Because what's that saying again, oh, right, don't judge a book by its cover." She laughed as she took another cookie. 

“So,” I trailed on. I didn’t know what else to talk about. 

“So,” She laughed again. 

“Have you ever thought about what you’re going to do after graduation?” Madison asked me. 

“I haven’t thought about colleges. But I have thought of what I’m going to do,” It was complicated, I know. I had all this planned out when I was younger. There were so many times where I’d cry because I felt guilty. I truly wanted to go to college, I wanted an education, a degree after high school but it worried me. I was so consumed by the thought of Riley in pain. I always dreamt of going to college, graduating, having Riley by my side, I also wanted to have full custody over Riley. If  I want to graduate and get a degree in something, I will need my sister by my side, happy, healthy, and fulfilled.  

“Really, now? I kind of find that hard to believe, I think every child has thought about their life after high school, I mean obviously they don’t have to go to college, they don’t have to have their life planned out, but I do think everyone has something they want to accomplish after high school. It can be to get married, get a job, go to college, travel the world, take a year or two off for themselves. Everyone has one thing in mind.”

“Well, how about you Ms,-I-got-everything-planned.” “What are your plans after high school?” I smiled. 

Wait, what?

 Stop smiling. 

“Well, I for sure want to travel the world with my boyfriend. But he’s invisible, so can’t do that. I want to go to college and major in Psychology and minor in English Literature. I want to get a job. I want to get married and have kids. It’s all kind of unrealistic, but it’s like my dream I guess.” 

She was just like Kayla. Kayla always talked about us travelling the world together. She knew how the situation at home was like so she always included Riley. If she said we were going to travel the word together one day, she’d say she can’t for Riley to see the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty. Kayla was like that, always so considerate, kind, she was an incredible person overall. 

Our eyes locked, no words said. Just feelings coming together. I’m not sure if I’d categorize this under awkward, but this was something. This felt familiar. This felt like being with Kayla all over again. 

“So, that school trip, think I can bring Riley along?” 

“Well, we can for sure ask. Want me to be there with you when you ask Mr.Matthews?” She asked me 

“Jacky,” I hear Riley call from upstairs. 

“Yes, sweetheart?” I get up and walk to the staircase. 

“I don’t feel good,” I immediately got worried and went upstairs to carry her. 

“What doesn’t feel good, Princess?” I asked her. 

She rubs her stomach and tears start pouring down little by little.
“My tummy hurts.”  

“I’m sorry, honey, let’s go see if Madison has any medicine for you, okay?” 

She nodded softly. 

“Jacky?” 

I looked at her with a look that said go on. 

“Can I have some apples? We learned that in class when you are hungry and don’t feel good you should eat fruits, they’re better than chocolate,”  She grinned cheekily. 

“Is that so?” I asked her. I sat her down on the chair and went to Madison. 

“Is she okay?” She asked. 

“She wants apples, her stomach doesn’t feel well,” I explained, Madison briefly nodded. 

“You got some?” 

“Yeah,” She nodded. She went to the fridge and cut the apple in small pieces, or pieces that Riley could swallow without hurting herself, and went and gave it to her. 

“You’re good with kids,” 

She smiled. “Thank you. You are too. Like really good.” She leaned against the table. 

“Madison,” Riley called from the living room. Madison looked at me with a confused look, and pointed to herself 

“Me?” She mouthed. 

 I shrugged, “Go,” I nodded my head toward Riley indicating for her to go.   

“Yeah, sweetheart?” Madison sat down next to Riley and pulled her close to her chest. 

“I like you a lot, you’re my big sister now, okay?” 

Madison turned around to look at me and smiled. 

Hell, I smiled. 

“Well, just so you know, I like you a lot. You’re my little sister as well, I always wanted a little sister anyways,” She kissed Riley’s forehead and snuggled her closer. 

Hi, loves! I hope you're all staying safe during these dangerous times. Please please please stay home! Wash your hands thoroughly. Stay safe. Keep up with your education!!! Most important even though it's hard to please do so as it's the last month or 2 of school. Online School is so much better than actual school for me haha, I just have become very tired this week, but I needed to pull through and update a chapter! I love you all! I'm here for you guys!

Vote and Comment!

Word Count: 1308

Xoxo, Love, Zoey❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
21.7K 667 32
Avery Summers was your ordinary popular girl. She wasn't bitchy and mean like some of her fellow cheerleaders. And like every cliche, she had a crush...
14K 681 50
I trail my eyes slowly from his grey eyes to his lips, his chest rising and falling on a fast pace. "L-Lewis" i whisper, "yes sweetheart?" His hands...
337 6 11
I was used to being unnoticed, that was nothing new. But when the mystery boy at school starts paying a shocking amount of attention to me, I'm not q...