Cats Vs Dogs [Sugakookie/Yoon...

By boopable_army

Yoongi's kingdom, the cat hybrid kingdom, has been in war his whole life with the neighboring dog hybrid king... More

Info:
1: Outside the Fort Walls
2: Who Are You?
3: Who Is He?
4: Prince Yoongi
5: Queen of the Canines
6: Best Friend
7: It's A Fortress
8: Tying The Knot
9: Coming of Age
10: Honeymoon: Day 1+2
11: Day 3: Breakfast
12: Day 4: The Beach
13: Day 5: Pillow Fort
14: Day 6: Alone Time
15: Day 7: The Last
16: Royalty
17: Oh Heck, That's Hot
18: After Effects
19: Pro Or Con
20: A Breath of Fresh Air
21: A Puppy's Anger
22: Happy Wife Happy Life
23: Chubby
24: The Kingdom's Heir
25: First Time Parents
26: Prince Beomgyu
27: Visiting Grandparents
28: Four Months
29: Dinner Party
30: Throw Hands
31: The Protector
33: Jungkook's Birthday
34: Baby's First Tooth
35: A Walk Through the Woods
36: Taken
37: Coup D'état
38: The New Ally
39: The New King
40: Trauma
41: Cat Gets Caught
42: Talking Your Feelings Out
43: A Small Crush
44: House Arrest
45: Set Free
46: Better Together
47: Mistakes Were Made
48: Backlash
49: Tension
50: First and Last Words
51: Yoongi's Birthday
52: Chubbier
53: The Miracle of Childbirth
54: Epilogue 1: Terrible Two's
55: Epilogue 2: Playdate
56: Epilogue 3: Namjin Part 1
57: Epilogue 4: Namjin part 2
58: Epilogue 5: They Grow Up So Fast
59: Epilogue 6: Baby Fever
60: Epilogue 7: Probability

32: The Perfect Gift

2.9K 137 22
By boopable_army

"Jin, please help me!" Yoongi pouted. 

"I don't know what to tell you, Yoongi," Jin sighed. "You know him better than I do."

Yoongi flopped back onto Jin's bed. He had come in here asking for suggestions on birthday gift ideas for Jungkook. Jungkook's birthday was in a week, and when Yoongi asked what he wanted, he had just simply responded, 'surprise me'.

As if that was helpful in any way, shape, or form. How was he supposed to know what a good surprise would be?

"What am I gonna do?" Yoongi groaned. "I'm a terrible gift giver."

"I'm sure you'll think of something."

Yoongi just sighed and sat up. "Give me ideas. What kind of things would you get for Namjoon?"

"Do you really want the answer to that question?" Jin gave Yoongi a weird look.

"Yes! I need ideas! Anything that this point! I only have a week left."

"Well," Jin cleared his throat. "I'd probably buy myself something sexy and surprise him with it after dinner."

"Ew," Yoongi pretended to gag.

"Hey, it's a legitimate idea that could be fun for the both of you," Jin defended.

"I know," Yoongi sighed. "But I can't do that because I did that last month."

"You what?!"

"My parents bought me some stuff for my birthday, and I decided to make use of it."

"Why wasn't I informed?"

"You don't need to know everything about my sex life," Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Okay, point taken," Jin laughed. "I don't wanna know."

"No. You don't."

"Then what about a home cooked meal and his favorite dessert?" Jin suggested.

"We were planning on cooking together anyway, so that can't be my gift."

"Dang. Well does he need more office supplies?"

"That's boring. He could get those whenever. That's a horrible gift."

"You're right, sorry." Jin thought for a second. "What about clothes?"

"Clothes?"

"Yeah! I'm sure he would wear a shirt or a hoodie if you buy it for him."

"He has so many clothes... Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Of course!"

"Then I guess I'll think about it." Yoongi smiled. "Thanks for the help."

"You're welcome," Jin smiled. "Is Beomgyu with Jungkook right now?"

"Yeah," Yoongi laughed. "I dropped him off in Jungkook's office and told him I'm taking the day off."

"But you're a parent! You can't just take a day off..."

"I just did," Yoongi shrugged. "Jungkook always hides in his office whenever he doesn't want to deal with the baby, so I'm showing him that hiding won't work with me. I'll feed my baby of course, but that child is his problem for now."

"Wow," Jin laughed. "So it's just you and me today?"

"Yup. Just you and me."

"So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know," Yoongi shrugged. "Are you in the mood for a walk through the woods?"

"Why not?" Jin shrugged, getting up.

Yoongi got up and they both walked out of Jin's room, heading to the entrance of the castle.

On their way out, they ran into Namjoon on his way to warrior training.

"Hey. Where are you guys headed to?"

"We wanted to walk through the woods for a while," Jin answered.

Namjoon made a face and sighed. "I don't know if Jungkook would like you going anywhere without him," Namjoon looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi sighed and pouted, his shoulders sagging.

"Oh, please don't look at me like that," Namjoon closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Fine. You guys can go. Just promise me you'll take someone with you. Like Taehyung. I think he's free right now."

"Yay!" Yoongi smiled, grabbing Jin's hand. "Let's go find Tae."

Jin smiled and kissed Namjoon's cheek before waving as he left with an excited Yoongi. Together they walked over to the training grounds where they saw Taehyung standing around.

"Hey, Tae!"

Teahyung turned around. "Oh, hi guys!"

"Tae," Yoongi made puppy eyes. "Can you come with us so we can walk around the woods for a while? Jungkook's busy."

Taehyung shrugged. "Okay. I got nothing better to do."

Yoongi yanked Taehyung. "Let's go! I want to be back by lunch!"

"Woah, slow down, tiger."

"No."

~~~~~

"Kitten? Oh thank god you're back!" Jungkook rushed over to Yoongi with a crying Beomgyu in his arms. "I've been trying everything to get him to quiet down, and nothing's working! I think he's hungry."

"Give him to me," Yoongi let go of Jin's hand and reached his arms out.

Jungkook handed him over and Yoongi made his way to the kitchen to get the cover so he could feed Beomgyu. He put the cover on and pulled his shirt up, bring Beomgyu to his chest. Beomgyu finally stopped crying and started feeding, much to the relief of Jungkook.

"Finally. He's been crying for half an hour."

"You let him cry that long?!" Yoongi turned to Jungkook and glared.

"You weren't here," Jungkook huffed. "How was I supposed to calm him down?"

"Usually rocking him works pretty well."

"Well I'll keep that in mind for next time," Jungkook replied.

"Good. Because I'm going out to the market with Jin tomorrow," Yoongi looked back at Beomgyu.

"What? Since when?"

"Since I said so just now," Yoongi answered. "I have to get you a birthday present."

"Oh, all right. You can go."

Yoongi laughed. "You're acting as if I wasn't going to go anyway."

"I like knowing where you are so I can check on you," Jungkook explained, lightly smacking Yoongi's butt. "And I don't appreciate that attitude."

"What attitude?" Yoongi asked innocently.

Jungkook just chuckled and rubbed the small of Yoongi's back before turning and going back into the dining room for lunch.

~~~~~

"You ready for our day out?" Yoongi asked, opening the fridge to look for something to heat up for breakfast.

"Yeah," Jin nodded. "Do you know what you're getting him?"

"Yeah," Yoongi pulled a container out of the fridge. "I was going to get him a new shirt. And then I was also thinking about combining your suggestions and getting a little something sexy for myself."

"Nice," Jin smiled, grabbing a container from the fridge, and opening it up.

Jin looked at the eggs in the container and shrugged, going to heat it up. Yoongi closed the fridge and opened his container with leftover oatmeal from the other day. As soon as he opened the container, he was hit with a strong wave of nausea and he ran to the trash, throwing up.

"F*ck."

"Yoongi? Are you okay? Do you still want to go shopping, or do you want to go tomorrow instead?" Jin came over, rubbing Yoongi's back.

Yoongi rubbed his face with his hands. "Change of plans. Help me find the doctor. He's probably in the library reading medical journals."

"Oh my goodness, is it really that bad?"

"I'm fine," Yoongi nodded as he stood up with Jin's help. "Just wanna check on something real quick."

"Okay," Jin walked Yoongi out of the kitchen and through the halls to the medical wing, leaving Yoongi in a room. "I'll go find the doctor."

"Thanks."

Yoongi waited for a few minutes, and eventually Jin came back with the doctor.

"Hello, Yoongi. What seems to be the problem?"

Yoongi waved him over and whispered in his ear to keep Jin from hearing. "I've been moody lately, and I just got sick. I think I might be pregnant again. Can you do a quick check, and keep it just between you and me?"

"Of course!" The doctor smiled. "Let me get my supplies."

"What is it?" Jin asked. "What's going on?"

Yoongi pursed his lips. There's no way Jin would be able to keep a secret that big.

"I'll tell you later," Yoongi promised. "But don't tell anyone I got sick."

"What?" Jin asked, confused. "Shouldn't Jungkook know?"

"No!" Yoongi's eyes widened. "He's the last person I would want to find out!"

"Oh," Jin blinked. "Okay, I guess."

"Okay," the doctor returned. "I have what I need. We can get started."

"Great."

"Okay, since I know what we are testing for, it shouldn't take as long to process everything as it did the last time. I'm just gonna take a blood sample and run in through the test that I need to run it through, so it should only take about an hour. While we wait for it to process, I suggest you get a good breakfast."

The doctor disinfected a needle and stood next to Yoongi, going through the usual process of drawing a quick blood sample. Once it was over, he places a band-aid over the spot he drew from and pat Yoongi on the shoulder.

"You're good to go. I'll run this through the system, and I should have your answer in about an hour."

"Thanks, doctor."

Yoongi stood up and left the room with a confused Jin trailing behind him.

"What was that about? You already think you know what you have?"

"You could say that," Yoongi shrugged. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry. Should we get ourselves some breakfast?"

"Don't try to avoid my question, Yoongi."

"Jin, I'm not ready to talk about it. I don't want anyone to know, and you won't be able to keep it a secret."

Jin gasped in offense. "You don't trust me? Yoongi, I grew up with you! You tell me everything!"

"I trust you, but I know you well enough to know that you'll feel the need to tell someone. You'll end up telling Namjoon, and Namjoon will end up telling Jungkook. And like I said before, Jungkook is the last person I want to worry about this right now."

Jin just huffed and followed Yoongi into the kitchen.

"Do you want to make pancakes?"

"I thought we were just going to heat up left overs?" Jin questioned.

Yoongi bit his lip. The left overs were dangerous, because he didn't know which ones would set him off, like the oatmeal did earlier that morning. And the more Yoongi thought about it, the more he started craving pancakes.

At this point, he was almost positive that he was pregnant, but he still wanted the medical results to prove it. However, he didn't need Jin knowing that, and if he told Jin he 'felt like having pancakes', then Jin would probably start to catch on.

Jin was fairly smart.

"I changed my mind," Yoongi responded nonchalantly. "Why? Did you want those scrambled eggs you picked out? I can pick something if you don't want to make anything."

"Oh, no, it's fine," Jin smiled. "We can make pancakes. Something fresh sounds better than left overs anyway."

Yoongi mentally applauded himself and started getting out the supplies. They made pancakes together and sat down in the dining hall to eat them. They talked for a while about different things as they ate.

About an hour later, they were walking back to the medical wing, going back to the room they were in before. Yoongi sat on the bed, and Jin sat on a chair nearby as they waited for the doctor to come back with the results.

After a few minutes, the doctor entered the room holding a few papers and wearing a smile on his face.

"Oh, good. You're back," the doctor went to Yoongi. "I've got your results right here." He lifted the papers and handed them to Yoongi.

Yoongi took the papers and unfolded them, scanning the documents without really knowing what they meant.

"So?" Yoongi asked. "Is it as I thought?"

"It appears so," the doctor smiled, pointing to a specific place on the results. "Your estrogen levels match almost exactly like from before."

Yoongi's heartbeat sped up, and he smiled widely.

"Thanks, doctor."

"You're welcome," he winked.

"What is it?" Jin asked.

"That's for me to know, and you to find out," Yoongi responded, getting up and handing the papers back to the doctor.

Yoongi started to walk out with Jin, but stopped and turned back to the doctor. "Actually, could I keep those papers?"

"Oh, sure," the doctor handed them over.

"Thanks."

Yoongi put the papers in his pocket and left with Jin. Together they walked back to Jin's room.

"So are we going shopping?"

"No," Yoongi shook his head. "I don't need to go shopping anymore."

"What? What about the present?"

Yoongi looked around the room. "Jin, can you keep a secret for a week?"

"Of course!"

"That means that you can't even tell Namjoon," Yoongi warned.

"I know that," Jin scoffed. "Now spill the tea."

"Okay, I trust you," Yoongi sighed. "I don't need to buy a present anymore," Yoongi paused, bringing his hand up to rub his tummy. "Because I have the perfect gift right here."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 2.8K 23
kim taehyung meets a strange cat hybrid at his door. contains: •Hybrid • Vampire • Smut • Angst started- July. 15th 2019 ended- Jan. 5th 2020 ...
297K 11.6K 20
y/n works at a hybrid clinic. a new, shy, hybrid ends up at the clinic and finds y/n is the only one that has earned his trust. when they take a pa...
23.2K 989 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
5.1K 334 19
Yoongi was used to being ignored. He was young when he realized the people around him didn't care for him as much as they said they did. Therefore, h...